Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I want Taxman and friends to make Ristar Mania next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please yes.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hey friends, is Sonic Mania on Nintendo Switch out yet? I really want to play it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skeletome posted:

I'm very excited for Sonic Mania and wanted to do a little competition for some free keys.

I'll give away three to start :

1 and 2 for the best 100 words defending your favourite of Sonic's friends that everyone else hates. Why is Big the Cat great? Why should we care about the Babylon Rogues? Any character outside of the Tails and Knuckles basically

3 goes to the goon that records the best Scratch laugh impression
Deadline of I dunno, Sunday?

You really think there's anyone in this thread who'd do this who hasn't already preordered it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I haven't. :smugbert: I can probably muster up a Scratch laugh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Skeletome posted:

I'm very excited for Sonic Mania and wanted to do a little competition for some free keys.

I'll give away three to start :

1 and 2 for the best 100 words defending your favourite of Sonic's friends that everyone else hates. Why is Big the Cat great? Why should we care about the Babylon Rogues? Any character outside of the Tails and Knuckles basically

3 goes to the goon that records the best Scratch laugh impression
Deadline of I dunno, Sunday?

I am gonna dig into my brain case and see what I can whip up.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'd prefer them to stick to making good games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They should be making that new Bubsy game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dabir posted:

I'd prefer them to stick to making good games.

Ristar was good.

Heathen.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

No

FFS Sonic 3 & Knuckles for iOS/steam/android/etc first

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

beep by grandpa posted:

No

Yes please

Detective No. 27 posted:

I like Orbot and Cubot, but I do miss the vindictive rear end in a top hat nature of Scratch and Grounder. Scratch would kick a baby and laugh about it.

I like Orbot because he's sassy and lazy.

I wish they would put Scratch and Grounder in the games and make them canon

Even though they're technically in Sonic 2 and Mean Bean Machine

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Scratch has the worst voice of any cartoon character ever.:suicide:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

beep by grandpa posted:

No

You realize that S3&K for IOS was probably cancelled so he could work on Mania instead. Right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the Sonic games on EU PSN are on sale.

... I might buy Unleashed.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://segabits.com/blog/2017/06/21/sega-forever-officially-revealed-and-detailed/

Well, Sonic 3 will probably come out on mobile, just not the one you're expecting.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

MikeJF posted:

You really think there's anyone in this thread who'd do this who hasn't already preordered it

Who's your favourite character

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dehry posted:

http://segabits.com/blog/2017/06/21/sega-forever-officially-revealed-and-detailed/

Well, Sonic 3 will probably come out on mobile, just not the one you're expecting.

Dreamcast emulation on iOS and Android? :psyduck:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurieg posted:

Dreamcast emulation on iOS and Android? :psyduck:

Saturn emulation on iOS and Android :psyboom:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I thought that Mr. Whitehead did a Sonic 3k pitch that got turned down.
The Sonic 1 and 2 mobile releases could easily have had PC versions relatively easily, but that stuff is up to the publisher. What gets released on which platforms and why can be complicated and generally secret.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't wait to play Crazy Taxi on a touch screen

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sonic 3&K still has rights issues regarding the music afaik

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

You don't have to. It was released in 2012.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knew I should have picked a different game

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Another finger on the monkey's paw curls closed

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gazillionaire is pretty good though. probably more fun than playing actual Crazy Taxi with touch controls at least

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yes please

I like Orbot because he's sassy and lazy.

I wish they would put Scratch and Grounder in the games and make them canon

Even though they're technically in Sonic 2 and Mean Bean Machine

I think Scratch may have been inspired by a Sonic 2 badnik as well (specifically, those chicken turret guys from Wing Fortress).

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Larryb posted:

I think Scratch may have been inspired by a Sonic 2 badnik as well (specifically, those chicken turret guys from Wing Fortress).

He was. Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts were all common enemies in Sonic 2.

Also I didn't realize this for years, but the SatAM \ Archie characters Sally, Bunnie and Rotor are based on the animals inside the Badniks in Sonic 1. Princess Sally is based on the squirrel Ricky (and was called Rikki in Japan), Bunnie is Pocky\Johnny Lightfoot, and Rotor is Rocky\Joe Sushi. Antoine doesn't seem to be based on any of them in particular. Also, apparently he's a Coyote, which is weird because they don't have Coyotes in France. Maybe he's French-Canadian. Of course, they don't have Echidnas in Jamaica either.

Realizing that Princess Sally, Scratch, Grounder, Coconuts \ etc. weren't made up characters for the TV shows and were actually in the games since day one is a forehead slapper moment like realizing that Miles Prower is a pun. I think the reason why a lot of people don't get that one is because they always say Miles "Tails" Prower and with his nickname in the middle you never notice "Miles per hour".

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fleetway Sonic the Comic had their own takes on the animals too; at first there were the literal versions of the animals, then somewhere down the line they anthropomorphised them.

Also Scratch and a couple of the Archie cast appeared verbatim in Sonic Spinball.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Antoine doesn't seem to be based on any of them in particular. Also, apparently he's a Coyote, which is weird because they don't have Coyotes in France. Maybe he's French-Canadian.

Besides his colors, he does kinda look like a mountie.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Are all of the animals flickies or is that just the bird ones?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Skeletome posted:

Are all of the animals flickies or is that just the bird ones?

Just the birds, which themselves are taken from an unrelated arcade/Genesis game called Flicky.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Dehry posted:

i'm sure this won't have any problems

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Larryb posted:

Just the birds, which themselves are taken from an unrelated arcade/Genesis game called Flicky.

Which is honestly a pretty decent game.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

As a kid I always assumed flickies were just a race of tiny animals, helps explain the disparity between them and Sonic

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kurieg posted:

You realize that S3&K for IOS was probably cancelled so he could work on Mania instead. Right?

Ummm no one absolutely knows this for sure but what difference does it make why can't we get both.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

:yeah:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/877574105523929088

:drat:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wait, Elise is 26? Isn't Sonic a teenager? Yeeeeesh.

Also, I had a tape with that episode where Tails reveals his name is Miles and he hated that name. What the hell dude. You shared a name with Miles Davis!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

She was 17 in Sonic 06 according to Archie and Sonic wikis. Almost 11 years have passed. Either someone at Sega is bad at math or she's lying about her age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Also, I had a tape with that episode where Tails reveals his name is Miles and he hated that name. What the hell dude. You shared a name with Miles Davis!

Hes not a fan of Roman dramas