Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
VAG is going to have either Audi or Porsche in WEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Roller Coast Guard posted:

If Porsche leaves then I would assume LMP2 becomes the new LMP1, maybe with a loosening of regs to up the speeds a little.

LMP1 only counts as a top tier category in the FIA because it has 2 Manufacturers in it.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

VAG is going to have either Audi or Porsche in WEC.

Porsche is in GTE.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Wonder how many more manufacturers would jump into DPi if they were also the top class at LeMans. Already have 4 builders for next year, with supposedly a 5th (Mercedes-AMG) on the cusp. I know full well that would never happen, btw. Just theorycrafting.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The OEM LMP1-H grid is indeed shrinking, but Porsche is committed until at least 2018 and Toyota until the following year afaik. BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

But there are quite a few privateer (non-hybrid) LMP1 cars on the way for next year.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

drgitlin posted:

The OEM LMP1-H grid is indeed shrinking, but Porsche is committed until at least 2018 and Toyota until the following year afaik. BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

But there are quite a few privateer (non-hybrid) LMP1 cars on the way for next year.

I was pretty confident BMW had abandoned any plan of entering LMP1 in favour of resuming GTE and entering Formula E.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The proposed new LMP1H rules look to keep things at a lower cost level and maintain stability, and there's already been positive sounds that a hypothetical new manufacturer would get concessions. So Peugeot may have less cash available but it still seems like they're rolling out the carpet to get them in.

drgitlin posted:

BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

yeah agreed it's not the best decision moving forward.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The new LMP1H regs are just going to lead to larger budgets. F1 tried half of that poo poo already and it either didn't work at all, made teams spend more money, or (like the token system) was just idiotic. Like F1 has been restricting wind tunnel hours for years, costs have continued to rise. The silly rules about running the last km or whatever on battery power are just going to force teams to spend more on *gasp* batteries.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

When's the last time Audi ran a major program without Team Joest?

Guessing DTM and Formula E aren't "Major programs"?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dudley posted:

Guessing DTM and Formula E aren't "Major programs"?

Formula E is probably run by Abt and, as far as I can tell, Abt effectively also runs their DTM team.
I'm not disproving you, but pulling a different link and saying "how long has it been since Audi did something like Porsche and ran it themselves"?
I think Joest got killed when Audi pulled the plug, and if true that's very sad.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Who run the R8s in the Blancpain races? All privateers?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Who run the R8s in the Blancpain races? All privateers?

"W Racing Team", a Belgian group.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh, hey, a refund update for my Le Mans pass:

quote:

Dear [removed because lmao I don't need someone showing up to my front door and jerking off in front of me],

Our platforms have suffered attacks which prevented our serevers to respond properly.
We invite you to consult the GCU and in particular Article 6: [[http://fiawec.com/en/terms-of-use-app/62]]
The entire race is available in replay.

However, I refund your account.

Best regards,

I don't think they realize their email signature is off.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, hey, a refund update for my Le Mans pass:

I don't think they realize their email signature is off.

Or how silly it is to have an English page for their TOU if they aren't even going to bother to translate it

VV Edit: I've become so fluent in reading it, I actually didn't notice it at first.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jun 22, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

gently caress you if you can't read French.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The proper subtitle to a Le Mans race.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The WEC stream worked well enough that I won't ask for a refund. I've only done that to my cable provider when back-to-back UFC PPVs went black for entire fights and those were sixty loving dollars for max three hours. Ten euros for 24 hours where it's down for less than one is a bargain, though I did miss the rolling start.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Remember when ESPN showed racing that was cool and awesome?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2si4h06ZrE

Aside: Remember when Marty Reid was competent? :smith:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

WindyMan posted:

Aside: Remember when Marty Reid was competent? :smith:

No, no I don't.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
As if we needed confirmation that the WTCC is a hilarious clusterfuck of a series long overdue a bullet in its temple

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
:roflolmao: The video is even more 'WTCC' than I imagined it could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljE210sFbM

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

holy gently caress I didnt scroll down to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9BIXSAZTU

efb

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

that's impressive

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Lmao I'm gonna start watching WTCC on a regular basis again after that

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
What on earth happened? I didn't see any tire smoke from brake lockup, did his whole braking system fail somehow?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Everybody should tune into Spec Miata at Road America right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsKiGjm85Lg

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Basticle posted:

this is pro click

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Man good finish. Love spec Miatas

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Anime Reference posted:

What on earth happened? I didn't see any tire smoke from brake lockup, did his whole braking system fail somehow?

I want to know why the runoff area at the end of a fast straightaway consisted of a street curb and an ambulance to try and slow down cars in an out-of-control situation.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

WindyMan posted:

I want to know why the runoff area at the end of a fast straightaway consisted of a street curb and an ambulance to try and slow down cars in an out-of-control situation.

Because WTCC

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Basticle posted:

gently caress yeah spec miata

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Omg on the onboard there's just a guy standing to the right there, and as the car comes he starts casually walking to avoid it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

WindyMan posted:

Yeah thats some exceptionally lovely track design.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

CactusWeasle posted:

:roflolmao: The video is even more 'WTCC' than I imagined it could be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ljE210sFbM

His cheese helmet owns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spec Miata is a horde of angry bees in the best way possible.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Spec Miata is a horde of angry bees in the best way possible.

One of my favorite series to watch and sim race in.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I love Spec Miata as much for the racing as I do for all the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that all the top competitors get up to.

Seriously, there is more off-track drama in one Spec Miata race as there is an an entire F1 season.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MrChips posted:

I love Spec Miata as much for the racing as I do for all the passive-aggressive pissing and moaning that all the top competitors get up to.

Seriously, there is more off-track drama in one Spec Miata race as there is an an entire F1 season.

Guess who managed to walk by the paddock today when that was happening.

e: Spec Miata: a swarm of angry hornets. But enough about the drivers.

iospace fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 25, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Ed Brown to stop proto driving, Derani will take his spot in the #22. Sounds like the sponsorship will continue through at least next year, and it looks like they are gonna buy a GT3 car so he can keep running GTD.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/141837-patron-esm-s-brown-to-retire-from-driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Goodwood continues to be awesome. Love seeing a NASCAR stock car, followed by an IndyCar, followed by a rally car, and then a GT car.

• Locked thread