Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Just because you personally disliked the explanation or felt like it was predictable doesn't mean you can just spoil the loving thing in the general chat thread the day after it aired, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah when I first saw the pilot I was thinking "hey wouldn't it be funny if this is what really happened" and then laughed out loud when it ended up being the case

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When did Michael Gaston become a congressman

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hey guys, did Leo's top fall over at the end of Inception or not?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Hey guys, did Leo's top fall over at the end of Inception or not?
Yes, and furthermore, Ellen Page is his mother.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6lo3v-IcPE

No mention of David Hyde Pierce :(

e: i read gud. I hope Bradley Cooper shows up since he isn't listed on the cast list.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

In the description.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BryanFuller/status/877938566587834368

don't tease me like this for nothing Bryan

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I just need another season of murder husbandos pls make it happen Mr Fuller.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sepinwall's Preacher s2 review has me real excited. Sounds like everything I was hoping for after the incredibly disappointing first season.

http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/preacher-review-season-two-amc-seth-rogen/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I loved the first season so my hype meter is approaching critical mass

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-works-at-hbo-1014987

Lindelof is so not the first person that comes to mind when I think HBO's Watchmen. It feels like too much of a straight up kitchen sink drama (with, yes, a lot of other things going on). I'll probably check it out though.

Edit: oops, forgot the link.

This could be interesting. My dream interpretation would be Paul Greengrass's take on it being a modern day commentary on 9/11 though.

Take it out of the 80s please. Somehow.

e:

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm down. I'm actually a fan of the movie and love the mythology of that property (never read the comics though)

Yeah if I were you I would remedy that. The whole thing only works as intended through the medium it was created on and commenting on, comic books.

The nine panels, the limited colors, the perspective choices, the narration, it all builds into something fantastic that can only happen in the graphic novel.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 22, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

but...but he said you couldn't do that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

When did Michael Gaston become a congressman

Uh pretty sure that he kept his physical manhandling to dogs bro

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does anyone besides netflix currently do the temporarily download episodes for offline viewing thing?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: ^^^ Amazon do

Some info on the Coens' upcoming series, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs:

http://theplaylist.net/coen-brothers-western-tv-series-reportedly-starts-shooting-next-month-logline-revealed-20170622/

Has any other show began shooting before even confirming a network before? I get why they don't feel they need one, just wondering how unprecedented it is.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Google let's you do it on phones or chromebooks. All Apple stuff you can download for offline viewing.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

Has any other show began shooting before even confirming a network before? I get why they don't feel they need one, just wondering how unprecedented it is.

It happens with pilots all the time. It's less common with straight to series orders, but it's not unheard of. (Residue was one such, IIRC, before it eventually washed up at Netflix).

That said, when it happens it tends to happen in countries that aren't the US.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Is El Chapo on Netflix any good?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Sepinwall's Preacher s2 review has me real excited. Sounds like everything I was hoping for after the incredibly disappointing first season.

Did the first season of this ever show up to stream somewhere? I meant to watch it last year and just kind of forgot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's on Hulu.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As the guy who hasn't minded Fargo this season, the finale did almost nothing for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Arist posted:

As the guy who hasn't minded Fargo this season, the finale did almost nothing for me.

I liked the season too but yeah, it was a wet fart of a finale. Though I'm sure there's some deeper meaning that will get a dissertation eventually.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The finale didn't do much for me either, not because of anything specific in the finale but because the season as a whole left me cold. Fargo S3 is probably the biggest disappointment of the year for me so far.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just to help fill out all the demographics, I was disappointed with the season but liked the finale a bunch.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I loved all of it, especially the ambiguous ending.

David Thewlis and Mary Elizabeth Winstead deserve all the awards.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Arist posted:

I was the other guy who liked Fargo this season, the finale did little for me as well although some parts were great. I just don't feel like ambiguous endings are a bold choice anymore.

In the event they make another season I will still eagerly tune in though.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I liked this season of Fargo. It wasn't as good as the first two, but probably more consistent. The finale, and final scene, was good.

Escobarbarian posted:

I really like the first season, so this has me psyched.

Also, The Mist premiere was okay. I'll keep watching.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't know what I was expecting from Spike but The Mist wa1s the most early 2000s CGI I've seen in, well, 17 years!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Anyone watching GLOW? Just hit netflix.

Because it owns.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ooh thanks for the reminder, I forgot it was up today.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just finished rewatching Outsiders S1 and am into the second episode of S2 and I kinda hate every decision they seem to have made with this season. I'm considering just giving up. My Hulu subscription is up on the 28th and I want to get some other shows binged in the week I've got. Does anyone watch Outsiders and can they say if it's worth sticking with? Because I really hate all these things that seem to have been done in just an episode and a half:

- Take the main character and kill him off senselessly.
- Take the big S1 death that was built to all season and wipe it away and throw the character into a dumb side plot.
- Take one of the main characters who was built up as a good leader who has the ear of her people and immediately introduce some random new characters that she stubbornly sides with against her people to create drama.
- Take a main character who spent all of S1 fighting demons and growing into a competent cop and then have him literally run away like a child and get completed neutered.
- Take the whole Romeo and Juliet side plot much of S1 spent on and just toss it away and have Juliet tell Romeo to go away forever.

I kind of can't think of an example of a show that tossed away so much from one season to another and made it feel like a total waste of time to have watched.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Okay, show (glow) is real good. Made a thread for it here, post away: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824661

E:
Real drat good :boom:
http://i.imgur.com/jgjstzi.gifv

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 23, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I am neutral on all aspects of Fargo S3. I don't think I liked or disliked it all that strongly, whether we're talking about the finale or the season as a whole. There are definitely some good parts of course but I will all but assuredly completely forget about it given enough time.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

STAC Goat posted:

I just finished rewatching Outsiders S1 and am into the second episode of S2 and I kinda hate every decision they seem to have made with this season. I'm considering just giving up. My Hulu subscription is up on the 28th and I want to get some other shows binged in the week I've got. Does anyone watch Outsiders and can they say if it's worth sticking with? Because I really hate all these things that seem to have been done in just an episode and a half:

- Take the main character and kill him off senselessly.
- Take the big S1 death that was built to all season and wipe it away and throw the character into a dumb side plot.
- Take one of the main characters who was built up as a good leader who has the ear of her people and immediately introduce some random new characters that she stubbornly sides with against her people to create drama.
- Take a main character who spent all of S1 fighting demons and growing into a competent cop and then have him literally run away like a child and get completed neutered.
- Take the whole Romeo and Juliet side plot much of S1 spent on and just toss it away and have Juliet tell Romeo to go away forever.

I kind of can't think of an example of a show that tossed away so much from one season to another and made it feel like a total waste of time to have watched.

I watched a few episodes of it before deciding it wasn't going anywhere, I mean, the ATV jousting was loving rad, but everything else was pretty lousy and it sounds like the show drove right off a cliff. They really killed off the main dude, the one who came back to the hill folk from the real world? Thats.... bold.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought Fargo was uneven this season but the finale was a goddamn masterpiece.

Also hell yes I've been waiting on GLOW. There used to be a documentary about GLOW on Netflix, probably still there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

IRQ posted:

I watched a few episodes of it before deciding it wasn't going anywhere, I mean, the ATV jousting was loving rad, but everything else was pretty lousy and it sounds like the show drove right off a cliff. They really killed off the main dude, the one who came back to the hill folk from the real world? Thats.... bold.

That's not even half of it. He has had throat ripped out by magical wolves. The same magical mountain spirit wolves who sent him back to the mountain in the first place. Then the Farrells find his severed arm but no body, so maybe he's a magical one armed mountain zombie?

I have no idea but I'm quickly losing interest.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh man GLOW really is good so far

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

For some reason I thought GLOW was a movie, might have to check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Arist posted:

For some reason I thought GLOW was a movie, might have to check it out

It is; it first got people's attention as a documentary about the real life wrestling show that this series fictionalizes.

• Locked thread