Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The faster speed options, the ones people actually play, got removed for Super.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Real hurthling! posted:

gamestop is weird cause they'll give you like 4 dollars for something amazon only gives 1 for sometimes but much more often they give you like 17 for something amazon gives you 30

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever traded anything to Amazon because everytime I check I feel like they want me to print out a shipping label. Lol at having a printer in 2017. Also don't they want you to go through UPS? UPS is like 3x father away from me than my local Gamestop or USPS. I could obviously be talking out my rear end since as I mentioned I rarely use it.

The one thing about Gamestop though is a lot of the time their own employees aren't aware of their own deals. Like I just recently bought Ever Oasis there and traded in 3 games and the cashier was trying to apply it to Ever Oasis, but I got a 40% bonus trading in towards Destiny 2. So I had to say it like 3 times to apply it towards Destiny 2 before they did it right.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have tips on finding one of these? Maybe delivery dates to Target around the country are the same for example? I already setup NowInStock alerts.

Walk into any Walmart in Canada. Or Ontario, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever traded anything to Amazon because everytime I check I feel like they want me to print out a shipping label. Lol at having a printer in 2017. Also don't they want you to go through UPS? UPS is like 3x father away from me than my local Gamestop or USPS. I could obviously be talking out my rear end since as I mentioned I rarely use it.

amazon gives game credit, the prime discount, and lets you use credit card reward points. I just got splatoon 2 5 mins ago for $0 trading in re7 and ffxv

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SeANMcBAY posted:

Your character in Cave Story changes appearance depending on what difficulty is set. Sounds like you set it to hard.

Thanks for that. I did a little reading and it seems all Hard Mode does is change the character sprite (for the worse), remove health upgrades, and remove the missile launcher.

That sounds like a Less Fun Playing Experience, so I'm gonna start over on Normal.

We'll see if I can convince myself to put the sound settings on anything other than Original.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

The Bloop posted:

Right, so who cares if you can select four slower speeds?

You can only play one, slow speed in Super.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Hammer Bro. posted:

I thought I could put down Isaac for some Cave Story but nope! Turns out I haven't even unlocked the actual final boss.

The amount of content in that game is mind-blowing. I'm aware that it's been updated a lot over the years, but I really feel like they haven't cut corners, either: I just wiki-looked at all the sprites created just for that fight. Lazier games would've palette-swapped.

Though I will say that portable Cave Story with buttons has been nice so far. Though I don't know why the protagonist now looks like a beach bum.

My main problem with Issac so far is now that I have like dozens+ unlocks it feels like I have diluted the item pool, most of the unlocks feel like weird gimmicks and when you get 6-7 of those and end up with 10 tear/3.5 damage fighting mom its kind of a pain in the rear end.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yup and the expansion content makes it harder to do some achievements because it unlocks harder stuff as you get deeper into the game.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

socialsecurity posted:

My main problem with Issac so far is now that I have like dozens+ unlocks it feels like I have diluted the item pool, most of the unlocks feel like weird gimmicks and when you get 6-7 of those and end up with 10 tear/3.5 damage fighting mom its kind of a pain in the rear end.

I've deliberately tried to avoid some particularly poor unlocks in my 1000000% walkthrough for this exact reason lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So which is the weaker slower version? I assume the American one

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

The one thing about Gamestop though is a lot of the time their own employees aren't aware of their own deals. Like I just recently bought Ever Oasis there and traded in 3 games and the cashier was trying to apply it to Ever Oasis, but I got a 40% bonus trading in towards Destiny 2. So I had to say it like 3 times to apply it towards Destiny 2 before they did it right.

Yeah they do have a lot of random deals they don't know about, but I try to get the neckbeard employees who will take their time going through all of them to see if it will help.

I hate getting the store managers who keep trying to talk you into bullshit GameStop Gamer Dealz or Sweet Gamer Accessories, they almost never try to actually help you. For this reason, plus Amazon prime being cheaper on launch, is why I never go to gamestop.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I don't care about Super Mario World, and if Nintendo doesn't want to give it to us, Nintendo Switch owners, that's fine.

However where the gently caress is Super Mario Sunshine HD?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Olivil posted:

I don't care about Super Mario World

Everyone check your dosimeter, this guy's dropping nuclear takes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So which is the weaker slower version? I assume the American one

Japan was resistant to speed increases that American capcom thought were necessary to compete against hacked versions of the games in american arcades like rainbow edition. Those versions were unbalanced and glitching broken but people loved the speed and couldnt go back. Japanese dev had like a bible of equations and research on human reaction time and thought his game was perfect and a schism ensued.

Google the oral history of sf2

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

I'll be honest, I don't think I've ever traded anything to Amazon
Speaking of Amazon, their Warehouse Deals looks pretty good, but how often do bootleg carts end up in the mix? I know it was pretty bad in the GBA/DS heyday. I'd guess they haven't figured out how to make pirate Switch game carts yet, but they will soon enough.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Speaking of Amazon, their Warehouse Deals looks pretty good, but how often do bootleg carts end up in the mix? I know it was pretty bad in the GBA/DS heyday. I'd guess they haven't figured out how to make pirate Switch game carts yet, but they will soon enough.

Nah, they never will.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

TheScott2K posted:

Everyone check your dosimeter, this guy's dropping nuclear takes.

I haven't seen a single person hate on Super Mario World ever before except for edgelords in this thread

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Super Mario world did nothing wrong!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

GoNNER comes out tomorrow on the US eShop. $10, looks cool and well worth that.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New Mario Kart 8 patch:

quote:

Version 1.2
Players can use Pikmin-themed amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

That continuous item wheel spin glitch was always really weird feeling when it happened. The timing of something I'm super familiar with being off was surprisingly disconcerting.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I just had my first Switch LAN party, played 3-player MK8D and ARMS and had a blast.

Switch verdict: :great:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Where can I buy a nintendo swithc

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BattleMaster posted:

I haven't seen a single person hate on Super Mario World ever before except for edgelords in this thread

No reason to play Super Mario World when Yoshi's Island exists.

enojy posted:

GoNNER comes out tomorrow on the US eShop. $10, looks cool and well worth that.

I have it on Steam and it's dope, pretty hard too.

Millions posted:

I just had my first Switch LAN party, played 3-player MK8D and ARMS and had a blast.

Switch verdict: :great:

Rooftop or non-rooftop?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tatsuta Age posted:

Where can I buy a nintendo swithc

try more rural areas. like Humble, Texas.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Just fly down here to Australia, every time I walk into EB they have them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there a Mario kart thread? And also is there a goon Mario kart tournament code out there?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is there a Mario kart thread? And also is there a goon Mario kart tournament code out there?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817496

Code should be in the op.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Ralph Wiggum doesn't say "Snezz Chalmers." End of discussion.

Thank you, you just made me look that clip up again and laugh my rear end off. Old Simpsons was the poo poo.

katkillad2 posted:

I used to work at Gamestop and I was just as frustrated not knowing our deals as you are. There were always an assload to keep up with and they changed so frequently and I never got enough hours in a week for them to stay relevant shift to shift. I loving tried though. I'd scrutinize the drat circular and ask when I came in and poo poo. And we weren't allowed after a while to answer the phone with, "Thank you for calling Gamestop, where the more you trade the more you save, this is The Lobster speaking, how may I help you?" we had to personalize it with, "Where you can now preorder Destiny" or some poo poo like that so that did keep me up to date on what was going on by force of I would lose my job if I didn't. I swear to God I put everything into that lovely rear end job and all I got was a load of sexist bullshit forcing me out after my first manager (excuse me, Store Leader) got fired and was replaced by a dude. /rant

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Yeah they do have a lot of random deals they don't know about, but I try to get the neckbeard employees who will take their time going through all of them to see if it will help.

I hate getting the store managers who keep trying to talk you into bullshit GameStop Gamer Dealz or Sweet Gamer Accessories, they almost never try to actually help you. For this reason, plus Amazon prime being cheaper on launch, is why I never go to gamestop.

I was that neckbeard employee, obviously. We had several at my store. And then both my managers were the type to push poo poo on you. I once saw my first manager successfully push $700 worth of product on a mom who only came in to get a used Xbox One. If you ignore how lovely that was to the mom, it was actually kind of beautiful to watch.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I want to get a second set of joycons. Are the new ones out guaranteed to have the desync issues fixed from launch, and is there an easy way to tell? I had picked up a second set a week after launch and they had the issue so rather than deal with Nintendo I just took them back since they weren't a priority, and I fixed my first set myself.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I still have a game boy micro with super mario world inside it at all times

The screen is uncomfortably small but it is a cool little collectors thing

I hacked my vita to play smw too and then he realized I own too many different things that play smw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagined posted:

Secret of Mana collection in English

:yeah:

Alternatively - Seiken Densetsu 3 should have been included on the SNES Mini alongside Star Fox 2 and it would have sold a bajillion gafrillion copies

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Super Bomberman R - Patch 1.4 Released

quote:

- 3 new characters are now available in the shop.
(Vic Viper Bomber, Simon Belmont Bomber, Pyramid Head Bomber)
- 4 new VS stages are now available in the shop.
(Conveyor Belt Classic, Panic Factory, Plain Floor, Desert Fort)
- 2 new series of accessories are now available in the shop.
(Item and Snowflake series)
- Other than Battle Royale, the Team Battle is now available as a Battle Rule. In this mode, the team with the last survivor wins the match.
- There are now more ways to win Gems and more Gems available. (Previously Gems could only be earned in the League Battle, but now all VS modes provide Gems.)
- Adjusted the movement speed of the Power Zone.
- Other small bugs have been fixed.

Here is the first 6min of The End is Nigh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrig2NSI0s

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reminder Rocket League is coming to Switch now with added Rick and Morty DLC

https://twitter.com/RocketLeague/status/880094287026733057

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

turnways posted:

I want to get a second set of joycons. Are the new ones out guaranteed to have the desync issues fixed from launch, and is there an easy way to tell? I had picked up a second set a week after launch and they had the issue so rather than deal with Nintendo I just took them back since they weren't a priority, and I fixed my first set myself.

No and no. Someone on Reddit bought the piss yellow ARMS Joy-cons that just came out, and they had the left Joy-con problem. It's quick and easy to get them repaired by Nintendo, you just have to pay for a small box and bubble wrap.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

enojy posted:

piss yellow ARMS Joy-cons

I'd see a doctor if i were you

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Thom P. Tiers posted:

It's missing a lot of really good wii games actually.

The Wii game list is hilariously bad. If those were the only games that person bought for the Wii :lol:
Hey man, he just really likes Sonic ok

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

Hey man, he just really likes Sonic ok

he's not selling the systems, there's no reason to assume that's his entire video game library. maybe he's only selling the games he doesn't want anymore and keeping the good ones

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Finally own a Switch/turd. My local GAME got more in last week and held onto one for me, woop. System is very slick. Not yet tired of seamlessly sliding controllers onto things and consoles into docks. Maybe it wears thin after a while.

Got Mario Kart 8 and Zelda. I licked MK8. I did not lick Zelda as it is a used copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So remember how Dragonball Fighter Z was announced for every system except the Switch, but Arc System Works said they were open to porting it over?

:siren: Well guess what Arc System Works game just appeared on the Aussie eShop :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNXpteQKueg

Launching 6th of July

• Locked thread