Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

Renegret posted:

every so often I think about how badass it is that I can pop a tin of sardines and consume two dozen once living creatures as a snack

https://youtu.be/DHeZrLnY3Dk

https://youtu.be/Q8iDcLTD9wQ

naem fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

gently caress yeah

naem
May 29, 2011

Renegret posted:

gently caress yeah

https://youtu.be/eQwBAfJXz7Y

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

~90 cents for these. they've got a nice texture and kinda taste like kipper snacks but softer, texture and taste-wise. I still don't like the spines on these larger sardines, though

otoh I splurged with a whole $3 and got my dad a can of the really good crosspack KO sardines for father's day :3: I hope he likes them

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Inkfish posted:

I'm not from Oregon but I love sardines with all my heart so I'll join the thread

Please tell us about dine offerings in Australia. Is King Oscar available?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I tried mixing this into my morning kasha.
I did not like it.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Please tell us about dine offerings in Australia. Is King Oscar available?

I would have already wandered into the red centre to seek death if king Oscar was unavailable here.

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
I'm just getting into 'Dines.

Is King Oscar the most elite poo poo?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

B. Birdsworth posted:

No but it is a very good and consistent brand that you can find in lots of stores.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

B. Birdsworth posted:

It's basically the best brand that you can get easily at most supermarkets. If you like their Facebook page they also constantly give out coupons for free tins and other prizes.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
So ASIDE from the universally-appreciated King Oscars, what other brands do you all consider your favorites, and/or "the best"?

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

So ASIDE from the universally-appreciated King Oscars, what other brands do you all consider your favorites, and/or "the best"?

Fresh out the ocean

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Riga smoked sprats are my personal fav. little golden beauties.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

On the cheap side plain bumblebee in oil are fantastic and like 88 cents a tin here eat em out of can or in any of the other methods posted itt.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I get Wild Planet in olive oil.

Not sardines but if you feel like giving kippers a shot Polar is good.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

This tin was pretty good, three nicely cleaned largish fishes, couple decently warm peppers on the bottom.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
that's all well and good, but why are you eating rice with chopsticks

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

I'd also have to go with Riga gold, they're great. If you like mackerel, I like Cole's the best of the ones I've tried. I'm still looking for the perfect kippers, though. Polars are good, but I'd like oil-packed and maybe a little less fatty. I love their texture, though.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I'm going to throw in with the wild planet crowd.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm smashing down some of the kings finest on Aldi branded vita wheats with some of the special sauce from the Japanese place down the road(I'm pretty sure its just sriracha and kewpie mixed together but it rules)

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i like tiny tots for their size and if you can find kings in a store you can prob find the other

Lathespin.gif posted:

This tin was pretty good, three nicely cleaned largish fishes, couple decently warm peppers on the bottom.

you eat some spicy fish friend

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

hello friends i had some new brunswick kipper snacks with scramble eggs, red beans, and sambal olek rooster sauce this morning, they were good

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sounds good buddy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I put some sardines in a salad

naem
May 29, 2011

I ate a fishes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

naem posted:

I ate a fishes

nice

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I sent my dad a 4 pack of KO for father's day.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
I eat em straight no rice nonsense

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I saw some sardine filets today at the store and I had a hearty chuckle. Eat the bones.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Last week I made a tom yum kind of soup thing with a can of KOs and it was fuckin awesome. Tom yum base and fried chiles in oil from the azn market; some veg of one kind or another, a little soy, a bunch of fresh squeezed lime juice. HOT and fishy and deliciousy.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Wild Planet lightly smoked dines in olive oil are pretty good fried a bit and dropped on a bowl of veggie rice next to a crispy fried egg with the yolk broken over it all. And chili/garlic paste.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Butch Cassidy posted:

Wild Planet lightly smoked dines in olive oil are pretty good fried a bit and dropped on a bowl of veggie rice next to a crispy fried egg with the yolk broken over it all. And chili/garlic paste.

I agree, I did something similar making kimchi fried rice with my homemade two year old kimchi.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Picked these up at New Seasons and I think they're pretty good. Used the oil to fry up the eggs for my breakfast that went with these 'dines. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

made fishermans eggers two nights ago

just put down a tin of portugeese 'deeners

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

Kimchi, Seasons and a (delicious!) mystery homemade hot sauce I found in the back of the fridge. Cat was circling like a shark. Done gone crazy even before the can popped open

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Cabin food at its best: just cracked open a can of smoked ciscos in tomato sauce and am wolfing it down with a beer and dark bread baked earlier today. Outside it's quiet in the woods, the midnight sun is shining and I'm gonna have a sauna afterwards. Us fenno-mongols, we know how to party.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
:siren: 'Dine alert :coolfish:

King Oscar has started offering brisling 'dines in Tapatio hot sauce. No idea if the sauce is any good on its own but surely The King would not use a trash sauce!

isaboo fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 29, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

pahuyuth posted:

:siren: 'Dine alert :coolfish:

King Oscar has started offering brisling 'dines in Tapatio hot sauce. No idea if the sauce is any good on its own but surely The King would not use a trash sauce!

Tapatio is very good utility hot sauce. I will definitely give these a shot.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Omgomgomgomgomg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Look Sir Droids posted:

Omgomgomgomgomg

Lol hey man I got a real life hack for you...