Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

moist turtleneck posted:

I hope that in destiny 2 that a single laggy player won't cause the game to gently caress up so bad that automatic doors won't open

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah i agree. Its going to tone down those epic moments in PvP. Huge team wipes and feeds are great to get and great to watch.

I think Destiny 2's pvp is going to be more balanced but much more bland. I hope I'm wrong. But that's my gut feeling.

But as long as i can find lag free lobbies in less than 7 minutes then I'll keep my complaints limited.

Worry no more guys, they really dumbed the game down for PC Gamers!

quote:

"There aren't random rolls on weapons anymore. Better Devils is a Crucible hand cannon [in Destiny 2], and what it has on it is what it has on it. Period," Luke Smith, the sequel's director, said.

The lineup of stats and perks for every weapon and every piece of armor in Destiny 2 is now hand-crafted. That also means Bungie's sandbox team — which generally takes the lead on weapon balance changes — has a lot more flexibility when it's time to change things around.

"You can look at all the hand cannons now [for example] and track the data for everything," Smith said.

and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
if every roll is a god roll, then no roll is a god roll

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46013/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---06292017

-From 7/25 to 8/25 existing clans may be converted to D2 clans. Still capped at 100 members, 1 clan per player per platform.

-Something about breaking existing clan relationships that I don't really understand from not using that system.

-IB mayhem clash 7/4-7/11

Just a reiteration that we do have an active PS4 clan that has active players right now! And we are planning to migrate to Destiny 2 together on day one!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Yes it's a sex joke clan. [KINK] Big Dum Space Mans

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

limaCAT posted:

Worry no more guys, they really dumbed the game down for PC Gamers!

and

So...they either are going to make some guns really rare, or they're removing the treadmill.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
They should just roll Titanfall 2 style and change the guns regularly and mix up the multiplayer a lot. Like increase TTK randomly.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Random rolls were a core component of the treadmill, I wonder what they're going to do to replace it.

Unless they've completely given the finger to "player retention" and "microtransactions" and are going to be doing more traditional DLC packs to fund their game.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Insane Totoro posted:

My recommendations were better

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The rest of the quote:

quote:

"How can my second, third, and tenth Better Devils hand cannon be interesting? That's a question we should be asking and answering as quickly as we can," Smith said.

"We have ideas. While I would like nothing more than to share those ideas with you, we're up against [a deadline]. I don't know if they'll make it for our Sept. 6 [release] date. But we have some ideas that we're pretty excited about."

Ehhhhhhhhhh

Guess we find out on the 18th.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Insane Totoro posted:

Just a reiteration that we do have an active PS4 clan that has active players right now! And we are planning to migrate to Destiny 2 together on day one!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/2011959

Wait, those were jokes? :negative:

haveblue posted:

The rest of the quote:

Ehhhhhhhhhh

I can't wait for more disjointed and broken weapon progression while we wait for them to figure something out that works.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

haveblue posted:

The rest of the quote:

Ehhhhhhhhhh

My theory is they'll start doing weapon perks as prizes so like you get:

Luck In The Chamber - works on hand cannons, sniper rifles

As a random loot reward and you can replace a perk from the regular tree with it. Only way I see them keeping the carrot on the stick.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My theory is they'll start doing weapon perks as prizes so like you get:

Luck In The Chamber - works on hand cannons, sniper rifles

As a random loot reward and you can replace a perk from the regular tree with it. Only way I see them keeping the carrot on the stick.

They'll be like attachments, you can only have one on a gun, using it binds it to the gun.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

my wishlist

Yes:
- Raid weapons a bit op for PvP for some time

Please no:
- One hit kill weapons (except sniper shot to the skull) (and rocket launcher, because yea)

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tei posted:

my wishlist

Yes:
- Raid weapons a bit op for PvP for some time

Please no:
- One hit kill weapons (except point-blank shotguns) (and rocket launcher, because yea)

Fixed that up for ya.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
All the power weapons will be OHK

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Interesting. I have no idea what to do with all these RNGesus joke images now

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

texaholic posted:

All the power weapons will be OHK

Not exactly. There are some sniper rifles that won't kill with a body shot.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffle House posted:

Interesting. I have no idea what to do with all these RNGesus joke images now

Save it for all the HE IS RISEN jokes if they ever reintroduce random rolls.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

The rest of the quote:

Ehhhhhhhhhh

I get the feeling that the beta will either be like the first one, and only drop low level gear, or it will be like what was shown at the reveal/E3, and you're only allowed to choose from a prealotted pool of weapons/armor and nothing drops at all while they continue to figure out how it's all going to come together. Either way, I'm not as confident that we'll find out that soon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie's great scheme for weapon progression is going to be percentage modifiers. Your first Better Devil will have all its stats set to 60% of maximum. Then you get your second one and infuse/combine/whatever it into your first one and it bumps up to 61%. Repeat until you hit 100% and have a perfect Better Devil!

Then Next Gen Trials will drop an adept Better Devil that lets you upgrade to 110% in 1% increments!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

Fixed that up for ya.

Please make shotguns use heavy ammo. Kthankx.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tei posted:

Please make shotguns use heavy ammo. Kthankx.

They do in Destiny 2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

This is the exact reason why mayhem is a stupid piece of poo poo

Embrace the dark side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4Fzz-yyO0

(i almost got an unbroken medal in that game, but a blade dancer got me in the last minute)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

Bungie's great scheme for weapon progression is going to be percentage modifiers. Your first Better Devil will have all its stats set to 60% of maximum. Then you get your second one and infuse/combine/whatever it into your first one and it bumps up to 61%. Repeat until you hit 100% and have a perfect Better Devil!

Then Next Gen Trials will drop an adept Better Devil that lets you upgrade to 110% in 1% increments!

You monster

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I hope they have enough things in the loot pool to actually keep that feeling fresh. They're being exceptionally cagey about the deets.

Templar was generous to me last night; Titan sash, a Hereafter, Hezen Vengeance, and Praedyth's Timepiece.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

This is the exact reason why mayhem is a stupid piece of poo poo

Pretty much

I dropped into a Mayhem match last week for a quick match to tick over my crucible level. Joined late. Still golden gunned everything into oblivion because 11 other dipshits werent running GG.

Reaaaaaal short match

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Just a quick reminder that god doesn't exist! Thanks y'all god bless!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

hiddenriverninja posted:

They do in Destiny 2

And it will not work.

Making secondary ammo more scarce did not alleviated the onehitkill shotgun problem. It made people embrace their green ammo like some precious sauce that can be transform into kills.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 30, 2017

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

Just a quick reminder that god doesn't exist! Thanks y'all god bless!

*tips fatebringer*

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

xzzy posted:

Random rolls were a core component of the treadmill, I wonder what they're going to do to replace it.

Unless they've completely given the finger to "player retention" and "microtransactions" and are going to be doing more traditional DLC packs to fund their game.

People are going to be mad about getting the lovely gun instead of the lovely version of a gun. Nothing changes.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My recommendations were better

Were you the one who suggested Big Dicks Suck More?

It was too specific to you. Also word filter from Bungie.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Balding Dumbass Smoothbrained Men is your clan

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hopefully you got my suggestion for Frontal Assault Guardian Squad

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Busty Dirty Sturdy Mans

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:siren: REAL WARLOX poo poo ITT :siren:

Holy poo poo, Transversive Steps + any Primary with Take a Knee/Lightweight is the most OP possible thing in the game.

Lightweight + Transversive steps augment each other for speed, and you move at basically Sprint speeds while crouched.

This also means that the rest of the Take a Knee perks are "always on", which means you get accuracy, stability, faster ADS, and less flinch all the time.
Bonus that the Steps will auto-reload your gun when you pick up ammo for it, too.

So, basically, equip a blue shader and it's Gotta Go Fast time.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

:siren: REAL WARLOX poo poo ITT :siren:

Holy poo poo, Transversive Steps + any Primary with Take a Knee/Lightweight is the most OP possible thing in the game.

Lightweight + Transversive steps augment each other for speed, and you move at basically Sprint speeds while crouched.

This also means that the rest of the Take a Knee perks are "always on", which means you get accuracy, stability, faster ADS, and less flinch. Bonus that the Steps will auto-reload your gun when you pick up ammo for it, too.

So, basically, equip a blue shader and it's Gotta Go Fast time.

It's really strong and underrated but there's a pretty severe ceiling on when it works. Once you start encountering players who are good st being vertically mobile and are using good hand cannons it stops working.

I still love take a knee on an LMG provided you hide until rockets are gone

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's really strong and underrated but there's a pretty severe ceiling on when it works. Once you start encountering players who are good st being vertically mobile and are using good hand cannons it stops working.

I still love take a knee on an LMG provided you hide until rockets are gone

All I will say is that the dude barely had to stop firing at any point during Templar last night, so while this may not be Trials-breaking , it was funny as poo poo to behold this dude mowing everything in his path while squatting faster than I could run.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Oh yeah for PvE it's great I always run steps unless fashion compels me to wear the robot legs

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The robot legs are always high fashion

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

Is destiny 2 going to be good?

poor life choice posted:

I hope Destiny 2 is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

If the past is anything to go by it will be more rear end in a top hat Rng because gently caress off and die that's why.