Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/YALiberty/status/880576701188755456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'm fidget spinning right now, it's p. chill.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
THANK YOU MATT!

Somebody finally corrected Felix's pronunciation of "letters of marque".

:woop:

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Is there a corollary to Poe's Law about fundamentalists being incapable of recognizing when they're being satirized? There's an awful lot of Ron Swanson in that timeline, too.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

prefect posted:

THANK YOU MATT!

Somebody finally corrected Felix's pronunciation of "letters of marque".

:woop:

ACTUALLY he was DOING an IMPRESSION of someone

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

how are these guys not an onion spinoff?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

prefect posted:

Is it true that fidget spinners can make you feel normal? I'm now considering getting one.

For normal kids, they're pretty much collectable toys that will be forgotten about in a year.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Forceholy posted:

For normal kids, they're pretty much collectable toys that will be forgotten about in a year.

So they're POGs that don't teach the danger of gambling?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

https://twitter.com/LukewSavage/status/880792952645328896

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/880829044425723905

Some real bad poo poo coming.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Seb Gorka is making $155,000 at his White House "job".

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's an internship.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

has to pay for all those mineral baths somehow

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Seb Gorka is making $155,000 at his White House "job".

Chopper fuel can't be cheap.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Chapo is working on a Twitch channel:

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/880081939503480834
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/880086928338685952

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

if cops can discuss an officer-involved shooting on Twitch why not the dry boys discussing how we're gonna guillotine all the chuds?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

A proper international supervillain wouldn't even get out of bed for 155 large.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Gotta get in on that twitch sub money.

Its just going end up with Felix streaming MGS the whole time.

And I'll watch the whole time.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Felix: okay this is the most important artistic event in the history of western civilization

*mgs 2 patriots ai speech starts*

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Long have we waited now we jebaited

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zikan posted:

Felix: okay this is the most important artistic event in the history of western civilization

*mgs 2 patriots ai speech starts*

He's completely right.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Proof Chapo is a psyop but with a twist! Their dark money comes from Bezos.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Gotta get in on that twitch sub money.

Its just going end up with Felix streaming MGS the whole time.

And I'll watch the whole time.

I'm gonna try and imagine Felix trying to slap neoliberal politics onto Metal Gear Rising somehow.

Fakeedit: aside from Senator Armstrong, I mean.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I'm gonna try and imagine Felix trying to slap neoliberal politics onto Metal Gear Rising somehow.

Fakeedit: aside from Senator Armstrong, I mean.

Aside from the actual villain? And the fact that most of the goons you fight are PTSD ex soldiers who came home and found out they couldn't get jobs so they literally sold their bodies to literally become property of the police state? Or the whole thing about third world children being bought by big American corporations? Or the entire premise of the setting of the game that even with the Patriots gone the war economy they built was still lumbering along mindlessly?

Serious question, have you ever played Metal Gear Rising?

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Can't wait to SWAT the dry boys.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
would be cool if left twitch started to become a thing

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I feel like the left has really been ramping up its presence on a bunch of other social media channels, Lefty Twitch streaming CS:GO or whatever the kids are into these days while bitching about capitalism could probably do pretty well. Bonus points for radicalizing middle schoolers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cat doter posted:

would be cool if left twitch started to become a thing

if Left Twitch became just left wing nerds playing games and talking about the politics behind city state vs proper civilization choices for nations in Civilization 6 I'd be down

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gonna spread some class consciousness with my pinterest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Gonna spread some class consciousness with my pinterest.

honestly as much as we laugh at millions of dollars spent on ~meme magic~ yea the left probably needs a wider, easily digested, form. poo poo as they are tons of people share those horrible right wing memes on social media as if they're big argument enders when yea like mentioned they just boil down to "(person who's never once said capitalism is bad) HATES capitalism? This small town veteran farmer wrote that uppity nig-I mean fuckin Je-I mean celeb elitist an open letter arguing with them!"

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I'd say the left's hostility to certain forms of popularity kinda ties into stuff adam curtis was talking about

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So the Street Fight guys just put the video from 4/20 up on their Patreon.

Matt is literally in a coma on stage the whole time. He doesn't do anything but sit there/sleep in the corner of the stage. I thought he talked at least a little haha

edit: I lied: He talked a little bit. He woke up near the end, and talked a bit about drug use. But the fact that he was in a coma for ~50 minutes of the show is hilarious to me

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 1, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Matt's radical praxis

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

this is how we fight trump

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

cat doter posted:

I'd say the left's hostility to certain forms of popularity kinda ties into stuff adam curtis was talking about

i mean i like immolations but he was trying to drag billy bragg earlier today/this week and like. you cannot demand Perfect Allies 24/7. jesus. not everyone who votes for you needs to be a doctrinaire marxist who never said anything problematic.

it's illegal to have a pre-woke period and we cannot incorporate these people -- noted losers the democratic party

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Antares posted:

i mean i like immolations but he was trying to drag billy bragg earlier today/this week and like. you cannot demand Perfect Allies 24/7. jesus. not everyone who votes for you needs to be a doctrinaire marxist who never said anything problematic.

it's illegal to have a pre-woke period and we cannot incorporate these people -- noted losers the democratic party

In other words:

https://twitter.com/tressiemcphd/status/663420122577661952

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cat doter posted:

so you're saying there needs to be a leftist jeff dunham?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

The Muppets On PCP posted:

unfortunately, yeah

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

I had a pre-woke period where I genuinely thought women were better off than men due to some really ignorant anecdotal bullshit and thinking back on it always makes me wince, my classical literature teacher of all people showed me how wrong I was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yes, also juggalos are our allies if there's anything the last few years have taught us it that elitism is a death sentence for the left. especially in an anti-intellectual state we see ourselves in now. The left needs to embrace the trashiest of us for their own loving sake. As a trashy mother fucker myself even if I'm into "smart" comedy or whatever you want to call it I know we loving NEEEEEEEEED that poo poo