Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How hot is it now?
This poll is closed.
As Balls 49 36.03%
As Hell 22 16.18%
As poo poo 10 7.35%
It's just the humidity, dumbass. 55 40.44%
Total: 136 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pops Mgee posted:

All y'all complaining about the heat, do you not have A/C?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rqZZgVxnCk

I have A/C, but it's a pain in the rear end uninstall and take with me when I unfortunately have to go outside.

Heavy fucker too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My first probation here was for giving someone poo poo over cheering for a tackle that badly scrambled the brains of a Packers player back in '06

Tbh it's been weird seeing concussions become a major deal in public discourse like 8 years after that

remember the days of JACKED UP clips? They just kinda quietly stopped doing these

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
I remember the TFF before DKCecil scammed some dude out of some money or something.

I never was all that clear on what happened to that dude. I remember him being a big Hasselbeck fan.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wasn't it something about posters?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I finally made an account during the Packers SB run and dubdrome got really mad at me and had a meltdown that led up to the final meltdown

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
IDK when I started posting in TFF but I just realized I've eclipsed 13 years of posting on SA a couple weeks ago and Jesus Christ.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This will be my third season of mostly lurking here.

I don't know why I waited until I was nearly thirty to get into football.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
10 years of TFF this November. Came for the Bruiser posts, stayed for the football.

What a wild, wild time it's been. :)

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I've been lurking for twelve months because I'm British and know gently caress all about American Football but I'm learning slowly.

I'll aim to post more uninformed hot takes this year and get properly involved.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Major Ryan posted:

I've been lurking for twelve months because I'm British and know gently caress all about American Football but I'm learning slowly.

Fwiw, 95% of football fans know fuckall about football.

Edit: I guess I've been here since '09? I'm sure I was lurking without an account since 07-08.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I got a free account for signing up on paypal through SA when paypal was new and never registered it and had to pay 6 years later to post about football.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont remember how long I was lurking in TFF but it wasnt too long before I got this account. TFF is a Cool Place for Cool People, except Bengals posters who have a gimmick almost as bad as parm.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Major Ryan posted:

Same as me, I didn't even have a team until I drew the Houston Texans in the mock draft.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Fwiw, 95% of football fans know fuckall about football.

I don't even know what a catch is in football.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't even know what a catch is in football.

:golfclap:

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Sad King Billy posted:

Same as me, I didn't even have a team until I drew the Houston Texans in the mock draft.

For me it was pick a team that no-one else I know already supports, don't pick a good team because it's more fun supporting an underdog, but try a pick a team with the possibility of being good in the future because no-one likes losing forever.

I picked the Dolphins, and last year was about as fun a first year as I could have hoped for.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Major Ryan posted:

For me it was pick a team that no-one else I know already supports, don't pick a good team because it's more fun supporting an underdog, but try a pick a team with the possibility of being good in the future because no-one likes losing forever.

I picked the Dolphins, and last year was about as fun a first year as I could have hoped for.

it's good that you picked the dolphins at the very beginning of the dynastic run under coach Adam Gase

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's not a gimmick. Being the fanbase equivalent of Charlie Brown and the football does terrible things to your psyche.

8 years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You bastard you deserve the feeling of total despair

Oh my god a few weeks ago I hit 15 years on here

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Next month I'll be 12 years here :stare:

My first thread got me probated because I argued with Gendo that football players were overpaid for playing a game lol

I learned quickly SA wasn't like all other forums!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Y'all're old, olds.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'm heading for 8 years here but a buddy of mine was showing me Photoshop Friday stuff back in 02

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I just finished reading a book on the Holocaust while off my driving shift on an 8 hour driving trip so, you know, perspective.

That said, the team has a remarkable ability and creative style when it comes to finding ways to emotionally abuse its fanbase. There may or may not be other teams that practice the art equally well or better, but this is the purgatory that I know.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
This will be my third college season and my second and a half NFL season in TFF. I think. I didn't start coming to TFF regularly until the second year I was here.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I remember posting in '05 about how the acquisition of Randy Moss would bring the Raiders back from the dead and have the best 1-2 WR combo with Jerry Porter. It was so much wishful thinking of how Moss simply being on the field dynamically changed everything about the entire team. Goddamn I was excited as gently caress for that year. Even bought the most expensive Moss jersey from NFLshop and everything.

gently caress that year and the next 10 after it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
My first post on SA was the day after Marty got fired

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
32 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 25 seconds

That's how long we have until football. Preseason, but hey, a thirsty man in a desert doesn't turn down a Fresca.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Silly Burrito posted:

32 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 25 seconds

That's how long we have until football. Preseason, but hey, a thirsty man in a desert doesn't turn down a Fresca.

What about a Zima?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shangri-Law School posted:

Y'all're old, olds.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

What about a Zima?

I drank two limited edition zimas last week

They were refreshing

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Major Ryan posted:

Back in 87 when American football was shown on C4 I chose the Dolphins as my team. Couldn't find a shirt though. My parents got me a Rams top instead.

Even then I felt cheated.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I came around just in time to post about all the horrors I got to witness in the Herm era. I thought things were gonna be great starting in 2009 and holy poo poo was I wrong.

gently caress the Patriots, in short.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

iospace posted:

What about a Zima?

I thought these things were discontinued, but I saw some of them for sale the other day.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I started lurking to mine TFF for goonlulz, but discovered that several of my old compadres from V2 posted here. Stayed because I was outraged by the weird posting environment wherein you would get probated for being positive about your favorite team.

Funny thing is that even tho some of you have posted some really personal things over the years, nothing ever struck me as anything fyad needed to know until parm's meltdown over Tyreek Hill.

Even then, his rage quit was so personally satisfying to me, I left alone. Turns out I like you nerds

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
In 2007 a friend was trying to convince me to join SA and showed me the "Could an unarmed man defeat a gorilla in hand to hand combat" thread. Dozens upon dozens of pages of heated debate on the topic. I got in near the ground floor and never looked back.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also no you can't loving beat a gorilla in unarmed hand-to-hand combat

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

One of the first threads I remember was that guy who was on the run because his wife, a powerful elected official, was coming after him with a purple dildo.

I think my wife and I reading that thread is what prompted me to buy an account. She had one before me. Wish I could find it in archives.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Eifert Posting posted:

I just finished reading a book on the Holocaust

Someone say Holocaust(about as real as volcanoes, wake up, sheeple!)

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/492741034749620224

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sataere posted:

One of the first threads I remember was that guy who was on the run because his wife, a powerful elected official, was coming after him with a purple dildo.

I think my wife and I reading that thread is what prompted me to buy an account. She had one before me. Wish I could find it in archives.

Is that the dildo called Frankie? Why do I remember this? poo poo, I've been around here since the boards were created. Almost 20 years.

Dear God. 5 more years and half my life is going to be involved with these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I started lurking to mine TFF for goonlulz, but discovered that several of my old compadres from V2 posted here. Stayed because I was outraged by the weird posting environment wherein you would get probated for being positive about your favorite team.

Funny thing is that even tho some of you have posted some really personal things over the years, nothing ever struck me as anything fyad needed to know until parm's meltdown over Tyreek Hill.

Even then, his rage quit was so personally satisfying to me, I left alone. Turns out I like you nerds

I didn't realize you spawned in the fyad ooze.

E: joined 12 years ago, didn't give a poo poo about football until 6 years ago. Wanted :filez:

E2: 13 years ago Jesus Christ

• Locked thread