Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is global. Dont expect US specific holidays like the 4th of july to be even glanced at, specially when such a large part of the playerbase is in asia.

We got a Christmas special and God and Jesus are exclusively American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BDawg posted:

We got a Christmas special and God and Jesus are exclusively American.

Christmas isn't but I don't know how prolific Halloween is outside of America.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

fullTimeLurker posted:

yea i bought the materia because goons were going off on how broken it is. I just have Refia w/dual cast, Y'shtolla already, so I'm not sure where I'll use Rem.

But people were saying I can build her as dmg? Maybe I'll try that and replace my Chizuru with her.

Her Dagger Boomerang Global ability uses MAG for damage, but is a physical attack, so you get two when you dual wield.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
all of those are still international holidays whereas the day we beat the aliens from independence day isn't

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Decided to throw more tickets at the FF10 banner tonight to try and get a Rikku:

Daily: Edge
Blue.. Wakka #3
Blue.. Lawrence
Blue.. Wakka #4
Blue.. turns to gold!! Could it be?? ... Warrior of Light #6
Blue.. Mustadio (ok that's useful for my Amelia)

then

RAINBOW

....OH shiii that's the first time I've pulled one (not counting the freebie banners) since before the gacha change

My second one :argh:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

is ilias worth using with the salve bug? guess they could always end up fixing it in the future

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Her Dagger Boomerang Global ability uses MAG for damage, but is a physical attack, so you get two when you dual wield.

Does Rem have any good AoE abilities like Chizuru's Phantom Shadow?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

arisu posted:

I am super depressed at the game right now. On Thursday I threw 39 rare tickets, and 3 guaranteed 4 star tickets at the banner, on top of the free 11 pull and guaranteed 5 star 11 pull.

No Rikku.

Today I threw another two 11 pulls at the banner, plus another 6 tickets.

No Rikku.

Oddsbitch put me at a 99.8% chance of pulling Rikku with just the ones I've thrown at the banner so far. It's not even some off chance rainbow I'm chasing this time, I want that banner gold.

Literally told the game that if I didn't pull a Rikku on this banner I was going to quit the game.

Picked up a free ticket from expeditions and threw it at the banner today.

Got Rikku! YEAAAAAAH!!

Though I feel like this is a trap to keep me in the game.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

it totally is they know what you're thinking

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Is there anything like an Equip Fist that's coming to the game? I've got a couple of Champion Belts and a couple of Kaiser Knuckles that I'd love to use on somebody useful.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

Is there anything like an Equip Fist that's coming to the game? I've got a couple of Champion Belts and a couple of Kaiser Knuckles that I'd love to use on somebody useful.

You get it from the Black Vault on the dark continent, hope you're caught up on the story

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Victis posted:

You get it from the Black Vault on the dark continent, hope you're caught up on the story

Yep. Thanks!

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Can we add this link for Japanese ability awakenings? The one in the OP doesn't have the full details on the latest awakenings (I was looking up how to spend my crimson ore for T.Terra). My link is just a unit list but if you know who to look for it has the details on ability awakenings.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I already have 97 relics this week. I thought it would be slightly difficult to consistently get the 120, but so far this is a super easy free ticket and moogle each week. I love this exploration poo poo. By the time I'm done getting this week's moogle I should have enough to make my first exploration equip.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

This week is a king limit break and king tough(?) pot, or at least it was for me. Given how big of a pain it is to level limit breaks I'd take the king limit break pot over a 5% moogle myself.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh dang you're right :shrug: I also just remembered that the adventurer things are materia, not equipment. What a disappointing twenty minutes this has been. Oh well, Olive needs to eat more LB pots and I dream of a future where I have +40% ATK on someone.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I want you guys to have some Gabranth. He's really Good(TM).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8m9-YtU0k

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I already have 97 relics this week. I thought it would be slightly difficult to consistently get the 120, but so far this is a super easy free ticket and moogle each week. I love this exploration poo poo. By the time I'm done getting this week's moogle I should have enough to make my first exploration equip.

Also worth mentioning is that when the Moogle was in the rewards, you needed 150 Relics per week. It's gonna keep changing on a weekly basis, or at least the top prize outside Lapis and a Ticket will.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Speaking of pulls, I did my 11 pulls the day they released but neglected to post at the time. Figured I'd share them now.

So first was my guaranteed 5* pull using a bunch of lapis I'd saved from doing story and whatnot. Figured I'd get the salt out of the way immediately.

Hey, the very first one is the rainbow. I wonder who-

Um.

Well then.

That's enough to make this anniversary already a win. Although swapping out Amelia for Cid will leave my usual lineup without a defense break.

So let's see, after that the free 11 is sure to be trash.

Y'know what, FFBE

sometimes, you're all right.

So uh, jokes aside, it was a pretty good anniversary pull set. :v: Not many new lower-rarities (bedevilingly, Zidane continues to elude me and with both Reberta and Cid in the main squad that's going to start to be a real problem) but hell, I can't complain about getting one of the best attackers in the game's history to go alongside my extant S-tier attacker.

If anything, I'm... a little unsure how to best use Rem at this point. :v: I already have a Y'shtola I'm very satisfied with, and while I do have Rem's dagger from her event, I didn't get Siphon Delta (I know). So I'm a little unsure of what she should be using in her off-hand - there don't seem to be any other +mag daggers currently in global. And I'm a little unsure of when to use her vs. Shtola, since Shtola has already been doing heavy lifting for me and has been able to provide pretty much anything I conceivably need out of a healer. And I, somehow, managed to snag a Tilith during my paltry number of rolls on the BF banner...

Basically, she seems more useful as a magical attacker? Is that about the size of it?

I'm almost certainly going to pick up the Adamant chest, since I'm feelin' good about BE at this point, it's a good deal compared to their usual offers and I do need to get a Rikku...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The way you should work Rem is to give her some form of Dual Wield, stack as much MAG as humanly possible on her, take a friend Orlandeau along with your own, chain their Divine Ruinations, and finish it all off with her Dagger Boomerang. It's basically one of the strongest finishers in the game once her multiplier is maxed, and hits twice with dualwield due to being a physical MAG based ability.
This should leave you with enough party space for a tank, offensive breaker and dedicated healer/buffer, which, coincidentally, WoL can fill in for the former two.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cry Havoc posted:

is ilias worth using with the salve bug? guess they could always end up fixing it in the future

My problem is figuring who he'd replace in my lineup. Tillith? Nah. Rikku? Nah.

I hate using up items for him to do his job.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

BDawg posted:

My problem is figuring who he'd replace in my lineup. Tillith? Nah. Rikku? Nah.

I hate using up items for him to do his job.

In his current state, he can straight-up out-perform Tilith, though. The only thing he cannot do is AoE full raise, and I remain unconvinced of the practical utility of that skill. About the only thing he lacks is AoE debuff cleanse.

HGH posted:

The way you should work Rem is to give her some form of Dual Wield, stack as much MAG as humanly possible on her, take a friend Orlandeau along with your own, chain their Divine Ruinations, and finish it all off with her Dagger Boomerang. It's basically one of the strongest finishers in the game once her multiplier is maxed, and hits twice with dualwield due to being a physical MAG based ability.
This should leave you with enough party space for a tank, offensive breaker and dedicated healer/buffer, which, coincidentally, WoL can fill in for the former two.

Yeah, Discord enlightened me to the insanity that is dagger boomerang Rem. I can even make it work kind of cheapo for now, thanks to her innate dual wield, but obviously I'm going to want to pull Zidane or someone so I can shove a Draco Spike into her other hand.

EDIT: I'm so glad I got her dagger now, too - it's on par with any other BiS weapon she could possibly get. If only there was another decent +MAG dagger, you wouldn't even need to think about materia-based DW and just use her innate.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jul 4, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SpaceDrake posted:

In his current state, he can straight-up out-perform Tilith, though. The only thing he cannot do is AoE full raise, and I remain unconvinced of the practical utility of that skill. About the only thing he lacks is AoE debuff cleanse.

AOE Full Raise is good. I was a hater, but give her some survivability and she will actually be the last person standing after your tank falls to big hits and everyone dies to a giant MAG attack.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hey, Gumi! Spending Raid Coins 1,000 at a time is fun, but it could be a lot more fun! Please remove multi-pulls, and let me spend 20k+ Raid Coins 100 at a time!

I have a Mog Wisdom on Rikku. Should anyone else get one?

HGH posted:

I don't have her special Dagger. What's the best non-TM one I can give her to do this? Also, do I need Dual Wield on both her and Orlandeau?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

I don't have her special Dagger. What's the best non-TM one I can give her to do this? Also, do I need Dual Wield on both her and Orlandeau?

If you lack her unique dagger, then Dual Wield is mandatory on her, because right now no other daggers give any +mag at all. On Rem, the dagger gives further extra +mag, making it a match for any other BiS rods, and she gets innate dual wield for daggers, so even if you lack a DW materia you can still get the double hits for Boomerang just from sticking another weapon in her off-hand (and if we ever get another +mag dagger or a second shot at her unique, she could simply DW those passively and let the player load her up with pure +mag materia). Her current ideal build requires DW anyway, but without her unique weapon it's 100% required because you'll be giving her standard mage gear otherwise and she can't DW that.

EDIT: Also, she suffers a fairly heavy penalty to MAG boost - or rather, doesn't activate her strongest passive - without a dagger equipped in at least one hand. So there's that too.

TLDR you'll need DW for them both, yes.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 4, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well thats weird, I left my other Eileen TM farming over night after giving her a 5% and 10% moogle she was still a fair bit behind the rest of the TM squad (like 15% off) and she caught up to all of them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hamsystem posted:

Put up my solo Gilgamesh trial Noctis for a friend if anyone still needs it. Just turn on auto attack and check back in about 40 minutes, maybe sooner if you want to try and get the limit best kill.

Thank you! It took me about an hour to do it, but I got everything!

Is he good for any of the other Trials?

SpaceDrake posted:

If you lack her unique dagger, then Dual Wield is mandatory on her, because right now no other daggers give any +mag at all. On Rem, the dagger gives further extra +mag, making it a match for any other BiS rods, and she gets innate dual wield for daggers, so even if you lack a DW materia you can still get the double hits for Boomerang just from sticking another weapon in her off-hand (and if we ever get another +mag dagger or a second shot at her unique, she could simply DW those passively and let the player load her up with pure +mag materia). Her current ideal build requires DW anyway, but without her unique weapon it's 100% required because you'll be giving her standard mage gear otherwise and she can't DW that.

TLDR you'll need DW for them both, yes.

Alright. Working on getting Excalibur now, and then I guess I'll work on Genji Glove, unless I manage to get a second Zidane. Thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

I have a Mog Wisdom on Rikku. Should anyone else get one?

Randi or Kelsus.

Or anyone with a defensive LB you want up constantly, like Cecil, or to be able to throw up whenever you need like Y'shtola.

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.
Surprised there is no news today. Since I have started playing again it usually comes out on Tuesday. Is there another event coming this weekend?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
On some rare occasions news day is Wednesday.

How come some people already had two Kelsus? Even without awakening the first I feel like there aren't enough shards.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
There are plenty of shards to get and upgrade 2 kelsus. I think the total available is ~900 if you're doing the quests every day and got the ones off King Mog

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It's 300 to summon Kelsus and 60 to awaken to 6*, so 720 in total to summon and awaken two. However Kelsus' banner says it's limited to one per player, have people actually summoned a second and the banner is wrong or is double Kelsus just theorycrafting so far?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
i have summoned a second by accident while thumbing through and dropping my phone and catching it.

I do not know if we will get enough shards to awaken a second, but the concensus is that there will be enough shards to awaken at least 1 to 6*.

I currently have 27 shards, and 2 punchy big hands.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Good to know the banner is wrong then. Thanks!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

SpaceDrake posted:

Doesn't it use one of an item when you use his ability? I doubt I have that many Y-pots

What's your item spec out now?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Bracer finished and Leon #3 joins the TM Squad. Olive's up to 1133atk now. :toot:

Thinking of dropping Grace for another Leon to get Dark Knight Soul sooner. Grace's TM would be really nice for Fryevia (or maybe even Tilith due to more MP and SPR) but she's not a default member of my main squad since it's currently Orlandu/Olive/Rikku/Tilith/WoL. I guess in pure dps mode it'd still be Orlandu/Tidus/Fryevia/Olive/Tilith though.

Nuebot posted:

I had 212 last week when it rolled over and then immediately turned in 4 quests for a dozen more. Hit 120 this morning. Averaging 200 per week means people will have the 40% ATK/MAG/DEF/SPR materia around mid November, and 30% in early October. Can't wait! :shepface:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Kheldarn posted:

Thank you! It took me about an hour to do it, but I got everything!

Is he good for any of the other Trials?

Alright. Working on getting Excalibur now, and then I guess I'll work on Genji Glove, unless I manage to get a second Zidane. Thanks!

I don't actually know honestly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

My first Quick Assault has finally finished. :woop:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Will someone ever want more than one Dark Knight's Soul ? I have three Leon right now, so grinding them all at the same time would really cut down on time if I were to combine them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Will someone ever want more than one Dark Knight's Soul ? I have three Leon right now, so grinding them all at the same time would really cut down on time if I were to combine them.

It doesn't stack, but you might get more than one unit that would benefit.

• Locked thread