Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

PaybackJack posted:

There's a link to the Dodge Mega post in the OP, and it's like the 5th post down on the first page.

edit: Tidus can solo Dark Espers ELT

Oh cool, I'll check that out later then.

hagie posted:

Wow, no Balthier and Panelo isn't a bonus unit?

6* panelo though! Get on the gravy train!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Nuebot posted:

6* panelo though! Get on the gravy train!

Penelope is just 5*.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Looks like I won't be spending too much time on this event.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

hagie posted:

Looks like I won't be spending too much time on this event.

Because all your units will be stopped?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We may or may not get a week 2 banner with Balthier and Panelowned. (Who would get the four star?). In JPN, there was a week 2 FF12 trial, kind of like how the Kefka fight appeared in the FF6. We could get a "Balthier joins the fray" banner or something. Just not sure who would get the 4* slot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

they shut down the mog king a day early which i am not entirely stoked about, but also is probably a bug

edit: oh apparently somebody edited the wiki to have the wrong end time for the trade in, cool

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 5, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

We may or may not get a week 2 banner with Balthier and Panelowned. (Who would get the four star?). In JPN, there was a week 2 FF12 trial, kind of like how the Kefka fight appeared in the FF6. We could get a "Balthier joins the fray" banner or something. Just not sure who would get the 4* slot.

That makes sense. They do like tossing that kind of poo poo in. At least I have 1 bonus unit.

I'm not sure that I really want to whale (or what did that guy from Reddit call it...dolphin?) for Balthier. I'm sitting on 11k+ lapis and I feel like Smaug, Not wanting to paaart with a sssingle coinnn.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah that guy called himself a dolphin but spending $900 on the game at all is whaling, let alone on one banner

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

When he said $300 each for Lightning, Noctis, Orlandu I said "whale" out loud. $300 is dumb to me, but $950 for TIDUS is insanity and/or a problem. I mean good for him to be that well off, but I can find other things more worth that kind of money.

I plan to stick with my goal of <$100.

I got a little buy happy in Warframe when I didn't have as much debt. "Ooooh a few plat to speed up this frame's craft, oooo I like this weapon and it's plat only...I'm out of plat but look, I have a 20% off coupon for logging in!!"

Spending too much on intangible items just doesn't have the same effect anymore. When buying console or PC I like to put in the amount of hours in to a game as what I spent. So if I get 100+ hours out of a $60 game it's usually well worth it.

Putting down some $ for a free game is a little different to me, but seeing as I have played every day since Thanksgiving, I'll set myself a spending ceiling and hold to it. Rikku is the only unit I have "whaled" for so far, and it was hardly a whale as I got her on banner with 4 free tickets. That was after the free 10+1 and then the guaranteed 5* 10-1. I am currently under $100 and do not feel any financial strain, and it's where I'll stay.

Even if they start offering guaranteed dual Orlandu's for $100 (they won't).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

yeah that guy called himself a dolphin but spending $900 on the game at all is whaling, let alone on one banner

Meh, if that's a whale, it's one of the tiny ones, barely bigger than a dolphin.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

NinjaDebugger posted:

Meh, if that's a whale, it's one of the tiny ones, barely bigger than a dolphin.

I believe his total investment is around $2200

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Add me y'all, new guys and vets alike.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
I know the dates were listed, but I wish Gumi would pick a day for MK turn-in. Either make it to maintenance or not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Turning leftovers from the BF event, right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if they'll bring back the half price on banner pull for FF12 because I'm not going to spend tickets or 500 lapis per pull for FF12 and to get Vaan'd over and over.

e:

HGH posted:

Turning leftovers from the BF event, right?

Yeah, get that crimson ore turned in before King Mog moves on to the new and sexy turn in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

I wonder if they'll bring back the half price on banner pull for FF12 because I'm not going to spend tickets or 500 lapis per pull for FF12 and to get Vaan'd over and over.

e:

Yeah, get that crimson ore turned in before King Mog moves on to the new and sexy turn in.

The free pull should transition from FFX to FF12, one would think.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hagie posted:

I believe his total investment is around $2200

I know dudes who drop 1500/month or more on Fantasy War Tactics, and I've probably dropped 2k myself on that game in the year and 9 months since it started. Like I said, if it's a whale, it's a small one, by my standards.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
thar she pulls

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scrublord Prime posted:

I wonder if they'll bring back the half price on banner pull for FF12 because I'm not going to spend tickets or 500 lapis per pull for FF12 and to get VaanPenelo'd over and over.

FTFY. She's the first 4* > 5*, so you know Gumi's gonna give her 98+% odds of showing up.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BDawg posted:

I know the dates were listed, but I wish Gumi would pick a day for MK turn-in. Either make it to maintenance or not.

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I'm not sure why it takes so long for some people to redeem, but King Mog usually has the latest event store content up until right before the next one.

Elixer Hoarding Syndrome. You get something rare/limited, and don't wanna use it, because you might need it later!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Office Thug posted:

I finally set up the TMR macro thing yesterday, let it run overnight, and came to a realization: It's going to take 35 days straight of farming to get a unit from 0 to 100%, based on getting just 1 energy per 5 minutes.

For us non-lapis burners, it takes about 3 months of overnight macroing to complete a TMR set. It's not fast, at all. But your TMRs WILL come faster than that, because of trust moogles. Between arena, events, login rewards, and expeditions, you'll be getting between ~40-80% of moogles per a month. Those let you finish up important TMRs way ahead of that 3 month mark. You can easily finish up 3 TMRs from the original 5 before the last ones finish naturally.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

The free pull should transition from FFX to FF12, one would think.

I thought the free daily was off banner based on its graphic (and a lack of Wakkas on my end). If it is on banner then I look forward to a deluge of Vaans and Penelos next week!

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Can anyone build me an Orlandbro for the beasts of the dark trial?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Scrublord Prime posted:

I thought the free daily was off banner based on its graphic (and a lack of Wakkas on my end). If it is on banner then I look forward to a deluge of Vaans and Penelos next week!

Ive gotten two rikkus from it so I dont know

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If I pull a 5* today, I want to make sure I get the mats I need to level him. Otherwise, purecrysts.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Kheldarn posted:

FTFY. She's the first 4* > 5*, so you know Gumi's gonna give her 98+% odds of showing up.

She's not the first 4-5* upgrade either. There's been at least Kain and Rydia before her.

edit: Also Galuf and Krile.

e2: and apparently Maria

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 5, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

She's not the first 4-5* upgrade either. There's been at least Kain and Rydia before her.

edit: Also Galuf and Krile.

Ah. Those happened before I started tracking who I had.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Would you guys rather I have my 1100+ ATK Olive up as my friend unit, or should I pull up my 800+ ATK Fohlen for chaining?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Free daily pull went gold for the first time, hello Rikku #3. :v:

rabidsquid posted:

"I spent $300 multiple times and $900 on this one banner" meaning they've probably dropped 2 grand on the game is definitely a (lower end) whale. I know people spend multiple thousands regularly on games like Mobile Strike and Clash of Clans and in those games I'm pretty sure their "whale" labels don't start until $5000 or so, possibly $10000 depending on the game. Even FFRK's whale program involves something like spending several thousand dollars IIRC.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So basically until Gumi released some kind of whale rewards program like those games, we'll be endlessly debating what a whale is. Great moving on

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That's what EX Points are.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
After days of rerolling I finally get a Orlandeau. Should I stop or keep going?

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO

Oriental Hugs posted:

Orlandeau or Noctis are the recommended starters, so keep that one. I of course didn't take this advice and almost regretted it, until the RNG recently gave me Orlandeau for my guaranteed 5*.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Oriental Hugs posted:

Keep him, you'll be able to breeze through most content, well into the endgame stuff, with just him and a friendlandu. Post your friend code and we'll toss you some invites.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm glad I didn't include a 30% HP materia TM in my farming lately, because gently caress, I want at least 2 Raslers now.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

My code is 345109698. I used 3 cactors on him and hes just ripping everything apart.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Friendly Lurker posted:

Orlandeau or Noctis are the recommended starters, so keep that one. I of course didn't take this advice and almost regretted it, until the RNG recently gave me Orlandeau for my guaranteed 5*.

Noctis in his current form isn't all that amazing as a dps. Orlandu however is stupidly strong and even if you're just scrub tier you still chain perfectly with one of the powerful Orlandus you can get on your friend list for significantly more damage. I have a Noctis and while he's got cool poo poo I can't recommend anyone keep him if you're looking for a top tier dps. If we had the JP version, sure for the freaking ring alone because that thing is insane. But GL Noctis got nerfed pretty hard.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

What should I do with duplicate heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oriental Hugs posted:

What should I do with duplicate heroes?

If they are trash units you can feed them to themselves to gain extra TM mastery. If they are trash but still have good TMs then you might want to keep a few in case you need to grind them out.

• Locked thread