Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Black Magic is banned in the Arena this week.

Trance Terra uses Chaos Wave.
Dark Fina uses Dystopia.
Ling uses Dance of Death.
Rem uses Siphon Delta.
Fohlen... uses Vortex?

#winning

Serious question: Is Reberta more valuable to people than Van as a friend unit? I haven't drawn anyone else with a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Serious question: Is Reberta more valuable to people than Van as a friend unit? I haven't drawn anyone else with a bonus.

My guidelines for what to share as a friend unit to share during MK events:
#1: Bonus units that can carry ELT
#2: Non-Bonus units that can carry ELT
#3 rear end-beater BiS/near-BiS DPS units that might not able to carry ELT, but are still good
#4: Bonus units

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm leaving Orlandeau up with Dragon Killer materia & Odin for the time being, since that allows for Cleansing Strike to one shot everything up to the boss, and Divine Ruination to kill it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Office Thug posted:

Also, Tiamat is a horrible lovely fight unless you can kill it in one turn. Why would you give this fucker Stop AND Petrify AND 6 moves per turn :negative:

Orlandu solos it with DR while my 4 3* Vaans and a random buddy look on. :shrug:

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Spent all my tickets trying to get Rasler for his tm, got queen'd instead. At least her tm is ok-ish?

Wisdom is a really good TM. While evasion's great for some gimmick setups sometimes you simply want your DPS to have 6-7k+ HP. I'll eventually TM grind my 2nd Queen but the first one's TM was very welcome on my sub 5k HP Olive (as was the Bracer that finished the same day).

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?
Which is a more efficient use of Energy to get EXP cactuars? Farming motes with two Vaans (for +100% bonus) on Henne Mines or running pro dunes?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I got Reberta rigged for killin' dagrons. Dual wielding Crimson Blood/Bahamut's Fang. Don't have Odin yet, but such is life.

I guess I'll work on Ashe, then Marie. I'll be able to do both with the loot from the Anniversary and the motes. Emperor and Gilgamesh are still back-burnered. I'm running low on 6*s to work on. Hopefully we get Zidane at some point, I'm thinking he'll pair well with Fohlen with the new wind dagger from this event.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

WALL of SCIENCE! posted:

Which is a more efficient use of Energy to get EXP cactuars? Farming motes with two Vaans (for +100% bonus) on Henne Mines or running pro dunes?

I'd hit the dunes since they're only around for the weekend. Always best to wait till the later days of a King Mog event to start grinding. You'll have pulled more bonus units from the gacha hopefully, but everyone else definitely has so you'll have more bonus units on your friends list.

Also regarding who to put up for your friend during an event, I'd say if you have a 75% bonus unit, toss that up, definitely put up a 100%, if neither of those then put up a unit that can carry. Anything else you put up won't get used so don't sweat it.

Speaking of the event, I know a lot of people are down on Gal but I think he looks pretty great. Not A rank but very solid B+.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I think the lowest xp you can get in cacti from dunes is 220k (1 king, 4 giant) all the way up to like 390k I believe. If you're just looking for raw xp to dump into new units dunes is far and away the best option. 7-13k xp per energy. The best xp grinding otherwise is timber tracks full clears at 8.4k xp per energy.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have a few open friend slots if anyone wants to be a fwend. New players welcome!

411 249 974
IGN: okeydoke

Currently rocking an Orlandeau with Spirit Slayer for raid stuff.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Ashe is fun when she's high level. Best buds with Fryevia and Ace. Might make a second Ashe for mad chain heals.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I have a few open friend slots if anyone wants to be a fwend. New players welcome!

Sent a request, I'm desperately short of Orlandeaus to chain with now that half my friend list switched to bonus characters.

My sad single wielding no light-element yet Orlandeau if there's any out there I didn't get with a friend request off the Discord.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

add me for fun times ;)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I've started FFBE again, after not playing for almost a year? or so.

I have two Rebertas, a Kestus?, and an Emperor 5*. None of these Memelandeus bullshit.

Who should I work on getting to 5* first from here? Every single one of my pulls have been frustratingly bad (compared to getting someone like Orlandeu). I'm still working on trying to get Fina? which I still don't have from the main quest.

By the by, is there any summary of the main quest I can look at? I don't know what is going on with this quest at all.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

God drat I have the worst luck in this game. 4 11x pulls and not a single bonus unit besides 4 Vaans. My golds have been nothing but Rosas, Soleils, and enough Xon's that I started smushing them. Couple that with 65 ticket pulls on the FF10 banner without a single 5*.

I even tried shifting around the time of day that I pull to see if that would help.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have two Rebertas, a Kestus?, and an Emperor 5*. None of these Memelandeus bullshit.

Who should I work on getting to 5* first from here? Every single one of my pulls have been frustratingly bad (compared to getting someone like Orlandeu). I'm still working on trying to get Fina? which I still don't have from the main quest.

By the by, is there any summary of the main quest I can look at? I don't know what is going on with this quest at all.

Reberta can chain with herself and Fohlen.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You want your two Rebertas leveled up, focus on getting one to 100, then work on the other. Once they both have Mystic Thrust, kit them out with matching elemental weapons in one of her breath flavors, and you'll be able to destroy things with easy elemental chains.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

fullTimeLurker posted:

God drat I have the worst luck in this game. 4 11x pulls and not a single bonus unit besides 4 Vaans. My golds have been nothing but Rosas, Soleils, and enough Xon's that I started smushing them. Couple that with 65 ticket pulls on the FF10 banner without a single 5*.

I even tried shifting around the time of day that I pull to see if that would help.

should've done the 11 pulls on the ffx banner instead. it's one of the more worthwhile, if not the best, banners to pull on.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

MohShuvuu posted:

should've done the 11 pulls on the ffx banner instead. it's one of the more worthwhile, if not the best, banners to pull on.

I would have, but I have 20 Wakka's and about 5 Rikku's, so I figured if I were to 11 pull I would just get another dozen of each or something ridiculous. Really was hoping for a Tidus though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Reberta is good. You'll want some dual-wield for her, and Dark Knight's Souls.

She's not A+ level Orlandu good, but she's a solid A. Since you have 2 of her, you'll want to add Olive friends and let them be your finisher.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

are people still running the raid it seems most have switched friend units to bonus or dragon killer

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cry Havoc posted:

are people still running the raid it seems most have switched friend units to bonus or dragon killer

I'm still using my Orbs but I don't really need a friend unit to get through ELT.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 8, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

what about counterattack

trying to break into 5k rank but keep hovering around 7k :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My Orlandu's still using spirit killer but he's had Odin on the entire time. I hover around 1.1-1.3k spending most of my orbs and I'm sitting on over 800k raid coins atm.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just saw an incredibly nutty video using Tidus as a chain finisher and the dude loving wrecks harder than actual dedicated chain finishers like Cloud.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

for those with iphones you can use zoom to chain

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lps83/possible_easy_manual_spark_chains_on_android_by/djwys2t

do those steps and resize the zoom window as flat as you can, and position it over the two units e.g. third and sixth slots

you can activate/deactivate the zoom window using three finger double taps

greater magnification makes it easier but i've been consistently full chaining orlandu with the zoom slider halfway

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

for those with iphones you can use zoom to chain

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6lps83/possible_easy_manual_spark_chains_on_android_by/djwys2t

do those steps and resize the zoom window as flat as you can, and position it over the two units e.g. third and sixth slots

you can activate/deactivate the zoom window using three finger double taps

greater magnification makes it easier but i've been consistently full chaining orlandu with the zoom slider halfway

Or just use two fingers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Just saw an incredibly nutty video using Tidus as a chain finisher and the dude loving wrecks harder than actual dedicated chain finishers like Cloud.

Was it the Jecht Shot? The thing hits like a truck even unbuffed and outside a combo.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Orlandu solos it with DR while my 4 3* Vaans and a random buddy look on. :shrug:

Yup, currently abusing goon friend Orlandeaus to beat it with my 3 Vaan + 1 Ashe team, while my best unit Tidus looks on with his lovely gear/stats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HGH posted:

Was it the Jecht Shot? The thing hits like a truck even unbuffed and outside a combo.

No, it was quick trick. Like it defies expectations but quick trick after the cap elemental modifiers does more damage than the strongest single hit finishers in the game.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Paris Fan Festa news:

* New Ariana Grande event. New unit! Haven't a loving clue who it would be.
* Lorraine (?) will come to Global. This should be the EX-only unit that's currently missing.
* Balthier's coming, just no ETA yet.
* 3% Rainbow rate will eventually happen on Global, but no ETA.
* New Chamber of the Fallen fight, unsure what Trial it's going to be.

Oh and Nier Automata Collab confirmed. 2B, 9S, Adam, 21O, and global exclusive A2 & Eve. No date yet for the Collab, but they have sprite pictures up, so should be in the near future.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

AegisP posted:

* 3% Rainbow rate will eventually happen on Global, but no ETA.

All I needed to hear to never spend a ticket for another half a year.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yay Nier Automata collab! Time to start saving up tickets again! :toot:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh. The new Trial is Aigaion (Robot). That's going to hurt.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Tengames posted:

All I needed to hear to never spend a ticket for another half a year.

From my understanding it's probably a long while off. They recognized it as a thing that will come to Global someday, but not likely in the near future.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

AegisP posted:

Oh. The new Trial is Aigaion (Robot). That's going to hurt.

To give some context, this is trial that redefines the SPR based defensive meta. You either meet the SPR quotas or you die. We already had a taste of this with the Shadow of Bahamut trial, but this is a whole new level. In Japan they even had Ramza enhancements to mitigate this, so it'll be interesting if they'll nerf this or buff it like Gilgamesh.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HGH posted:

To give some context, this is trial that redefines the SPR based defensive meta. You either meet the SPR quotas or you die. We already had a taste of this with the Shadow of Bahamut trial, but this is a whole new level. In Japan they even had Ramza enhancements to mitigate this, so it'll be interesting if they'll nerf this or buff it like Gilgamesh.

Just finished Illias #1 and gonna start 2,3, and 4.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Decided to whale it up a bit in search for a second Ashe to chain with, and also to just fill a team with bonus characters.

First I spent 4 tickets and got:

Zidane #4 ~ More Dual Wield! :woop:
Summer Lid #10?
Vaan #2
Fohlen #3 ~ I love this guy but I really need to find some spears now

Then my first 10+1 got me:

Rassler NEW
Vaan #3
Vaan #4 ~ Ok Gumi, you can stop now.
Vaan #5
Freya #3
Vaan #6
Shine #3 ~ More Quick Assault :woop:
Xon #2
Leo #4
Heltich # 3
Vaan #7
Seven #7 :v:

And my second 10+1 got me:
Vaan #8
Cyan NEW
Medius #4 ~ More EXP Egg :woop:
Aiden #3
Vaan #9
Rakshasa #5
Vaan #10
CoD #3
Panelo #6
Vaan #11 :negative:
Ashe #2 !!!

Welp, mission accomplished! I won't be pulling other than free Dailies on this banner again so i guess Vaan's reign of terror is over for now.

Edit: Forgot a Vaan in there.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 8, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or just use two fingers.

some of us aren't able to pull of a full chain every time :(

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Cry Havoc posted:

some of us aren't able to pull of a full chain every time :(

If you grease your finger via mucousal excretions from the nose I hear you can chain better

Also I'm very excited for the Nier collab, I might have to pull hard for all the chars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
When that comes around, 9S will be the character to go for. I hear he has some crazy damage mitigation barrier.

• Locked thread