Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
It's just 30%, the same as Rikku. His TMR, though:

[Accessory] +8 DEF/SPR Grants:
* A120: AoE HoT 3000 Base + 9x Mod over three turns [26MP]
* A170: 100% Treasure Hunter
* A060: AoE 2 Turns 40% Phys Mitigation [45MP]
* R020: AoE 8 Hits 300% Phys [30MP]

It's like Rikku TMR. Slap it on whomever you want, except this one includes an AoE Chaining move you can give to anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
drat, you just know A2 is going to be another 5*.

If they were nice they'd put both of them in the Raid gacha.

It would make sense if we got that in a couple weeks with the trial, since they could tout 2B as being really good to kill the Robot since she has innate 100% Machine Killer.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Innate 100% Machine Killer, and a combo skill that grants her +100% Machine Killer for 2 turns (and it also works on the base, uncombo'd version of the skill, the combo'd version just hits twice as hard).

She really kills robots good.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Hey guys. I've been having some surprisingly good luck lately with gacha pulls, and now I'm trying to figure out how my party should be revamped. Could I possibly get some suggestions? Here's what I've got that are either 6 star or going to be at some point:

Already 6-star: Aileen, Cecil, Greg, Ling, Noctis, Zarglebargle, Ace, Chizuru, CoD, Dangerous Ariana, Exdeath, Firion, Kefka, Minfillia, Mercedes, Nine, Setzer, Seven, Terra, WoL, Xon, Y'shtola, Refia (w/Dualcast)

Can become 6-Star: Rasler, Vaan, Dark Fina, DK Cecil, Garland, Kelsus, Moogle, Rikku, Yda, Cupid Artemios, Xiao, Sozhe, Snow, Soleil, Maxwell, Gaffgarion, Papalymo, Vaan (lol)

lol: Story characters, Medius

I'm aware some of these guys are pretty pointless, but I figured I'd put out what I had already. Currently trying to get Aileen her TM spear, so that's where my moogles are going at the moment. Thanks in advance.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I don't have a set party anymore really. Each trial and challenge event needs it's own setup, and story content can pretty much be walked through by any decent team of 6*s.

Dragomorph posted:

Hey guys. I've been having some surprisingly good luck lately with gacha pulls, and now I'm trying to figure out how my party should be revamped. Could I possibly get some suggestions? Here's what I've got that are either 6 star or going to be at some point:

Already 6-star: Aileen, Cecil, Greg, Ling, Noctis, Zarglebargle, Ace, Chizuru, CoD, Dangerous Ariana, Exdeath, Firion, Kefka, Minfillia, Mercedes, Nine, Setzer, Seven, Terra, WoL, Xon, Y'shtola, Refia (w/Dualcast)

Can become 6-Star: Rasler, Vaan, Dark Fina, DK Cecil, Garland, Kelsus, Moogle, Rikku, Yda, Cupid Artemios, Xiao, Sozhe, Snow, Soleil, Maxwell, Gaffgarion, Papalymo, Vaan (lol)

lol: Story characters, Medius

I'm aware some of these guys are pretty pointless, but I figured I'd put out what I had already. Currently trying to get Aileen her TM spear, so that's where my moogles are going at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Your team is probably going to revolve around some combination of Aileen and friend Aileen for chaining, Noctis for finishing and support, WoL for breaking & tanking, and either Y'shtola or Refia for healing depending on the situation. The last slot is either going to be Zarg for buffing or Rikku for more support. In some cases you could also toss in Greg for more damage.

Of the characters you can promote, only Rikku and Dark Fina stand out to me as immediate promotions.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Yea, get Rikku up immediately. Dark Fina is also an Arena staple, so it's probably a good idea to get her up as well since if you're unlikely to be putting Mage gear on anyone else, so she can just hoover it up.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Thanks guys. Between those and getting caught up on all the stuff I missed out on while my tablet was out of commission, it sounds like I have a plan of action.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
According to the Fan Festa recap thread, someone did end up asking them about Global Noctis, and the response was that at some point in the future he will be receiving buffs.

So looks like they are looking at the Global vs. JP disparity with him! I really should grind this Ring out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

Fohlen #3 ~ I love this guy but I really need to find some spears now

If you're doing the Moogle raid, you can craft a buttload of +82 ATK Moogle Spears which give you a limit crystal per turn.

(As well as anti-petrification, limit raise, and MAG dodge gear, too.)

None of the Moogle Raid stuff is exclusive to the Moogle unit, they just give him a little extra power...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you're doing the Moogle raid, you can craft a buttload of +82 ATK Moogle Spears which give you a limit crystal per turn.

(As well as anti-petrification, limit raise, and MAG dodge gear, too.)

None of the Moogle Raid stuff is exclusive to the Moogle unit, they just give him a little extra power...

Those are of limited use though, as they are two handed so if you have dual wield you won't want them

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Khisanth Magus posted:

Those are of limited use though, as they are two handed so if you have dual wield you won't want them

I think you have confused the Moogle Spear with the Zodiac Spear, which is for sure a two-hander.

The Moogle Spear may be dual wielded if your character can dual wield.

The Moogle Spear is tied for best non-TMR spear with the Holy Lance.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 9, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

some of us aren't able to pull of a full chain every time :(

What is a full orlandeu chain? I can get like 25 or more with 3 orlandeus going. I assume that's bad.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
7 hits per Divine Ruination, each casting twice. Perfect chain is 27 hits (since the first hit doesn't gain the bonus) for a pair.

The chain damage maxes out at 10, though, since it's an Elemental Chain.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
After managing to get my two Orlandos to max level I can beat the events Pro difficulties with a good friend list helper. But the elite difficulties are impossible. The Orb in the forest murders me so quickly. My current setup is two Landos, Cecil, Rikku and Amelia. The last three are just three stars. Also where is a good place to farm holy crystals.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

AegisP posted:

7 hits per Divine Ruination, each casting twice. Perfect chain is 27 hits (since the first hit doesn't gain the bonus) for a pair.

The chain damage maxes out at 10, though, since it's an Elemental Chain.

Oh. I usually get like, 25 and then an 11 chain. Then Olive trueshots a dude for 700k. I don't think I've figured out chain finishing timing yet? I just finished my third Quick Assault so I'm interested to see how that goes.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Oriental Hugs posted:

After managing to get my two Orlandos to max level I can beat the events Pro difficulties with a good friend list helper. But the elite difficulties are impossible. The Orb in the forest murders me so quickly. My current setup is two Landos, Cecil, Rikku and Amelia. The last three are just three stars. Also where is a good place to farm holy crystals.

Just because they are max and Orlandu, does not a leet unit make.

It will take some time to get BOTH to a point where they start wrecking poo poo

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Would my Aileen be better off with an Excalibur or Save the Queen in her main hand? I have her Artisan in her off-hand. I'm usually using a friend Aileen but sometimes bring Orlandeau.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Save the Queen. You don't want to mix elements on units, typically, since it will average their elemental damage against resistant enemies.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Benthalus posted:

Would my Aileen be better off with an Excalibur or Save the Queen in her main hand? I have her Artisan in her off-hand. I'm usually using a friend Aileen but sometimes bring Orlandeau.

If you're bringing Orlandeau then you'll want Excalibur. AegisP is right that your enemies elemental resists will be averaged but if that's the case you can just switch out.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Oriental Hugs posted:

Yeah you still have a bit to go before really taking on the harder ELT stuff because it requires a good amount of survivability as well unless you're able to one-shot things which requires pretty hideously strong setups. Being able to do Pro right out of the gate is pretty nice though. Just work on your Cids until they can handle Pro on their own. And work on chaining as much as you can. The chain does max out at 10 but if the chain drops and starts over at 1 you just lost the bonus for 9 hits to get back up to max. I still don't have that great of gear - my best is a 650 atk Gilgamesh. But I'm able to eat half of ELT Mog King's health with buffs, breaks and chaining (non-elemental) perfectly with a friend Cid and 2 Setzers. If you get chain timing down pat you can cheese things you had no business beating otherwise.

And DW changes things for chaining pretty massively too, obviously.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wife just ticket looted a zargabitch, send her invites if you need the bonus unit.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Office Thug posted:

Decided to whale it up a bit in search for a second Ashe to chain with, and also to just fill a team with bonus characters.

And my second 10+1 got me:
Cyan NEW

how. how is this possible

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nuebot posted:

What is a full orlandeu chain? I can get like 25 or more with 3 orlandeus going. I assume that's bad.

DR hits 7 times, so if both Orlandus are dual wielding they'll hit 28 times for a 27 hit chain.

For your Olive's timing, have her attack first and after her goggles drop over her eyes, tap both orlandus right before she fires and her hit will land late in the DR chain, well after it's at the max damage multiplier. The timing for her LB is a little harder if you want to get all the hits to land at/near max damage but having the Orlandus fire off DR right before she fires her mortar will generall ensure all 5 hits land in the chain (giving a 32 hit chain total) and the first hit lands 6-7 hits in to the DR chain which isn't max damage but close enough and ensures you didn't fire too late for the 5th hit to count in the chain.

I'm not sure how hard my Olive hits Mog with True Shot on turn 2 (shattering shot turn 1) but I know it's well over a million damage, I think it's around 1.3m or so but I never get a clear view of it in the DR number spam.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What's the max chain for Fohlen/Fohlen, Reberta/Fohlen, and Reberta/Reberta? I want to know if I'm doing it right.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Native (gun) dual wield and an AOE stop ability makes her really good. I have her and a dual wielding Lasswell in my arena team this week due to no black magic. I'm strongly considering leveling my 2nd Amelia because those ribbon-wearing whale teams can't resist Stop. Even just one Amelia using her high hit count AOE last week would occasionally fill my esper gauge entirely. Which then lead to me using Odin to instantly KO the survivors who didn't have a genji shield or safety bit. :black101:

High-5, Amelia Buddy!

2x Amelias lead to delicious 40 chains and 3996 damage hits from mages.

Also, high-5 murdering people with Odin!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Who's a better target for LB pots, Rikku or Cecil? My first thought was Cecil, but Rikku has better uptime on her LB when built right.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

DR hits 7 times, so if both Orlandus are dual wielding they'll hit 28 times for a 27 hit chain.

For your Olive's timing, have her attack first and after her goggles drop over her eyes, tap both orlandus right before she fires and her hit will land late in the DR chain, well after it's at the max damage multiplier. The timing for her LB is a little harder if you want to get all the hits to land at/near max damage but having the Orlandus fire off DR right before she fires her mortar will generall ensure all 5 hits land in the chain (giving a 32 hit chain total) and the first hit lands 6-7 hits in to the DR chain which isn't max damage but close enough and ensures you didn't fire too late for the 5th hit to count in the chain.

I'm not sure how hard my Olive hits Mog with True Shot on turn 2 (shattering shot turn 1) but I know it's well over a million damage, I think it's around 1.3m or so but I never get a clear view of it in the DR number spam.

I'll have to report back on my chaining results now that I know this hot tip. I was always trying to get her to hit at the end of everything, not after the max combo.

Feels good, man.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ApplesandOranges posted:

Who's a better target for LB pots, Rikku or Cecil? My first thought was Cecil, but Rikku has better uptime on her LB when built right.

the thing about rikkus lb is that the buffs are just a nice little bonus and i am pretty sure that the auto revive health percent doesn't change with levels, but on the other hand cecil is more or less completely outdated by wol? in a vacuum cecil would probably be a better lb to level but he's outdated and even if you don't have a wol you will eventually, whereas i dont think anyone has taken over rikkus niche even in japan right now.

i am sort of struggling to figure out who to limit pot too since i got olive to 25 today and it seems like aileens is just always strictly worse than using piledriver.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Throw 3 more tickets at ff12 banner hoping to get a 4* banner unit to replace one of my vaans. Get a gold crystal! loving Soliel. You are useless, go away. Then another Vaan.

No more tickets being spent until Nier collaboration.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

how. how is this possible

In playing this game for nearly a year I've only pulled a single Roselia. Sometimes common 3*s are the rarest of all units!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I hated Vaan enough before from how own game before I got 5 loving copies of him over the past 3 days, totalling 50% of all my draws since Friday.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Fresh round of enhancements go in on the JP side this Tuesday:

Upgrade:
Camille 5* >> 6*

Enhancements:
Ashe
Rasler
Balthier
Vaan
Mercenary Ramza
Knight Delita
Meliadoul
Orran

Also, a new type of story event debuts in Japan this Tuesday, which has an event-only 4*/6* unit attached to it.

Should have information about all of the above later today.

Spreadsheet has been updated, with a formula adjustment due to both Famitsu and Exvius Wiki changing scoring format.

Varance fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 9, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

rabidsquid posted:

the thing about rikkus lb is that the buffs are just a nice little bonus and i am pretty sure that the auto revive health percent doesn't change with levels, but on the other hand cecil is more or less completely outdated by wol? in a vacuum cecil would probably be a better lb to level but he's outdated and even if you don't have a wol you will eventually, whereas i dont think anyone has taken over rikkus niche even in japan right now.

i am sort of struggling to figure out who to limit pot too since i got olive to 25 today and it seems like aileens is just always strictly worse than using piledriver.

Right now WoL and Cecil are sidegrades of each other, one can break, and the other can heal, depending on the needs of the fight. Wilhelm is better than both of them. Once WoL gets his enhancements THEN he completely outclasses Cecil, but is a sidegrade of Wilhelm. When Wilhelm gets his enhancements... well.. they're ridiculous.

I still use Cecil over WoL honestly, I like that he can heal a lot, especially in arena where I'm not bringing a healer, and his LB is great so I would say pot him. +74% ATK/DEF/SPR is no joke

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Guranteed 5* on my r33 account was lightning so that bummed me old hard, decided to reroll alittle..

Started with oliver/zarg from first 17 pulls, then saved up for 5k that got noctis, burnt rest of tickets for luneth.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I really wish I could nab a Noctis just because of his utility. I don't know if I would kit him out for crazy damage or anything. I just find I always need him for trials and such.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

hagie posted:

I really wish I could nab a Noctis just because of his utility. I don't know if I would kit him out for crazy damage or anything. I just find I always need him for trials and such.

Noctis is the only unit I feel I'm missing, despite not having Orlandeau or Aileen. People really rag on him here because he's not as OP as he is in JP but they say he's going to get upgraded at some point and even without the extras, he's still a pretty drat helpful unit. I really want his TM as well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What's the max chain for Fohlen/Fohlen, Reberta/Fohlen, and Reberta/Reberta? I want to know if I'm doing it right.

In either case both are 7 hits so the chain is 13, doubled to 27 if they are both dual wielding.

You'll want to give Reberta the wind spear so she can also take advantage of Fohlen's debuff and help you reach the multiplier cap quicker.

edit: Rasler off the daily! Onto the tm team with you!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 9, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What are the next 'big' banners to save up for? My notable units are Orlandeau/Fryevia/Refia/Lightning/CoD/Rikku/Exdeath/Ashe/Cecil. Also got a Vaan hanging around I guess.

Otherwise I'll probably just blow everything on the next IX banner for Steiner.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

What are the next 'big' banners to save up for? My notable units are Orlandeau/Fryevia/Refia/Lightning/CoD/Rikku/Exdeath/Ashe/Cecil. Also got a Vaan hanging around I guess.

Otherwise I'll probably just blow everything on the next IX banner for Steiner.

Support wise you're looking for Lunera or saving for Roy later.

For Healing you'll definitely want to get Ayaka.

for Tanking you'll just need to hope you pull a WoL or Wilhelm.

You're pretty solid chaining wise, unless you want to get Veritas of the Dark for triple chains with your Orlandeau and a friend Orlandeau, but I think you're better off saving for Cloud as a finisher. If you pull a Veritas of the Flame he's also a good finisher.

Lunera should be the next banner in 2 weeks. Veritas of the Dark will be sometime in early/mid August. Ayaka and Cloud are months away, but not as long as the FF9 banner.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 9, 2017

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

So I've got a Wilhelm, I imagine I should focus on defense for him, but should I also try to get as much attack on him as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Xenothral posted:

So I've got a Wilhelm, I imagine I should focus on defense for him, but should I also try to get as much attack on him as possible?

Meh. His counters are a source of gems, not damage.

Don't forget SPR, either

• Locked thread