Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Exactly the first half of that video, yeah. Glad I managed to save and quit!

Also, drat quests expiring with no warning when I hit some point in the story. I know it happened all the time in Nier but I didn't care about doing most of the sidequests in that. I wanted to get all the lunar tears for Emil and one of them happened to be in the same spot as the plot :negative: (Yeah, I'm sure I can do it in ng+ or whatever)

Olive! fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can't miss anything permanently, you'll be able to finish those quests off at a later point.

E: but yeah there's a part later on where you pick up a couple of quests for the first time and if you literally advance the story a step further you can't do them anymore

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 12, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm starting XCOM 2 again, who wants into my army?

The smart thing to do would be to wait until you've researched better armor, but I'll enlist in your meat grinder.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sakurazuka posted:

You can't miss anything permanently, you'll be able to finish those quests off at a later point.

E: but yeah there's a part later on where you pick up a couple of quests for the first time and if you literally advance the story a step further you can't do them anymore

Because I didn't want to advance the plot and potentially lose sidequests, I did almost every available sidequest just before unlocking fast travel. This included collecting the 3 lovestruck robots gifts, turning them in, talking to them all again, and returning to Jean-Paul(?) again. :rip:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

yeah, sure, right

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Made another custom song, really happy with how this one turned out. I wanted to try making a hard song and it was way more complex but also pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0iUBRNsA0

GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just freaking lost 900 gyro in Hollow Knight because I was a clumsy fool trying to bounce on the armored bugs to get over the acid pits. :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mak0rz posted:

Is Wasteland 2 that bad? Like how does it compare to Fallout 2?
I felt like I was enjoying Wasteland 2 well enough when it was in Arizona, but even towards the end of that area I was really starting to get weary of the dry writing and repetitive quests which did very little to actually worldbuild. The quality seemed to nosedive even further once you got to California and I just couldn't be bothered anymore.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When this track started playing perfectly timed with me storming the NCR Correctional Facility and I was smoking fools with a six-shooter I had picked up, I knew the game was something special and that still remains one of my favorite gaming moments

yeah big iron is extremely sick and the perfect new vegas theme. johnny guitar is also pretty good and there's probably one more good song from radio that i can't remember

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DD_NCM_RJs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Nothing more cyberpunk than owning a ton of corporate products and having fistfuls of cash.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lurdiak posted:

Nothing more cyberpunk than owning a ton of corporate products and having fistfuls of cash.

i dontt think you know a lot about cyberpunk, for example, people in gibson novels always talk about what brand their computers are

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's okay, they're all hacked to remove "Bloat" ware and "Spy" ware from Big Corporations. H A C K T H E P L A N E T

*pirated internet connection freezes while trying to display a couple lines of ascii that look like a raised fist*

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My top three cyberpunks: Gillian Seed, JC Denton, Sombra

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How can you be a punk when you are a direct employee of the establishment

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What's more punk than a 401(k) and owning property?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
He's clearly op sec conscious, that's why he has a voice changer

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How can you be a punk when you are a direct employee of the establishment

that's just smart, man, you gotta work the system from the inside

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It's this one that's the most realistic because being annoying is a huge part of being a cyberpunk irl

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

My top three cyberpunks: Gillian Seed, JC Denton, Sombra

Lame. How about a real hero of the people:

:cool:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

New Concept Hole posted:

He's clearly op sec conscious, that's why he has a voice changer

"Hiiii kids, we're home early!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The ShadowRun RPGs by Harebrain Games are amazing and everyone should play them. I am still pretty excited for their Battletech game whenever that finally comes out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Lame. How about a real hero of the people:

:cool:

a cyberpunk named netiquette is pretty good

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Hiiii kids, we're home early!"

lmao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

a cyberpunk named netiquette is pretty good

Thank u, I was pretty proud of that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Edit: Also, since people are posting Shadowrun screenshots, here's a good one

https://twitter.com/Gossenphilosoph/status/884769533810143237

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 12, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like Crash 3 way more than most people but I think I'm seriously considering not playing any,ore rather than putting in the time to get through this last motorcycle stage. I actually like the other gimmick stages fine but the motorcycle has aged poorly.

Also having a desire to get the gems makes this game worse because it's the only one that makes you get relics to unlock things and gently caress that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm on a bit of a horror kick recently, is The Secret World good?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

StashAugustine posted:

I guess they just retooled it to be F2P so it plays different before, but the atmosphere (particularly in the first area) is pretty top-notch horror stuff. Very Steven King meets Lovecraft.I never played a lot further than that.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

they can make a crash bandicoot 4 now tho which hopefully would be not bad

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

StashAugustine posted:

It's not horror, even when it touches on some paranormal and spooky themes it doesn't deliver a horror experience in any form. It's mysterious, it's not scary.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Palpek posted:

It's not horror, even when it touches on some paranormal and spooky themes it doesn't deliver a horror experience in any form. It's mysterious, it's not scary.

Well I was mostly reading Lovecraft so mysterious but not scary works

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

the actual funniest thing here is that this is a scan from Mondo 2000

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just freaking lost 900 gyro in Hollow Knight because I was a clumsy fool trying to bounce on the armored bugs to get over the acid pits. :negative:

I mean you can always go get it back. You can also unlock a thing in town that lets you summon the Shades from anywhere for the cost of those stinky eggs.

The respawn system felt super duper tacked on to me. Just pointless at best, slightly annoying at worst.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I had no idea what to do with Snak's av, but I figured a huge gun would fit. May you live long enough to receive cooler gear and styles, Mad Max avatar man.

I think I woke Precision.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I had no idea what to do with Snak's av, but I figured a huge gun would fit. May you live long enough to receive cooler gear and styles, Mad Max avatar man.

SWEET!!!

You can also go the Solid Snake themed route, as Snak is derived from Snake always being taken.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: Also, since people are posting Shadowrun screenshots, here's a good one

https://twitter.com/Gossenphilosoph/status/884769533810143237

robot cars are gonna be so loving stupid. i can't wait until they make driverless cargo trucks and they all get hijacked by people in a never ending arms war with the ai developers to figure out how to subdue the vehicle.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I said come in! posted:

The ShadowRun RPGs by Harebrain Games are amazing and everyone should play them. I am still pretty excited for their Battletech game whenever that finally comes out.

I really hope half of the pilot portraits in Battletech are heavily photoshopped glamor shots of fat internet dudes like in Shadowrun Returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

• Locked thread