Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Prove you're not a mimic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bongo Bill posted:

Prove you're not a mimic.

Prove that you are a mimic.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Ten comics' worth of exquisite kung fu fighting later, Allison and the heist devils arrive, confused to find mimic corpses shaped like themselves, only to be attacked by mimics and revealed themselves as mimics after ten more comics of exquisite kung fu fighting, followed by Allison and the heist devils ad infinitum. This is what is meant by "fractal."

Meanwhile, Mammon works desperately for enough cash to remodel his infinitely large house so he can just freaking leave.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well i for one am a mimic

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Oh my god even the dead clerk is a mimic :allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

In 4th edition, you can play as a Half-Mimic.

pre:
Play a Half-Mimic if you want...

*   To be a member of a race that is good at hiding and trickery.
 *   To be a member of a race that favours the ardent, warlock or battlemind classes.
 *   To have a backstory where one of your parents had sex with a treasure chest.

Now hold on

This would imply someone hosed a mimic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:thejoke:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

that wiki sure has a lot of fetishes

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The sword Cat Master is wielding reminds me of Prophet's war knife.
Given that he's named Cat Master that shouldn't surprise me I guess.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yep. That checks out.

"''Half-dragon' is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature" is the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of "Hold my beer".

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I can't express how much I love Lucky Felicia's startled cat reaction :allears:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Badass group of devil robbers getting loving owned in very first room.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i'm glad that with lucky felicia we finally have a k6bd character whose fighting prowess comes not from invocations of the Art to bend the universe to one's will, or from years or decades of turning inwards and practicing an obscure martial art known only by two other monks who willingly blinded themselves, or from dueling an entire world with a saber until you became familiar enough with the act of cutting to leave it, or from invoking the power of the 777,777 dead gods themselves, but from a piece of poo poo .32 revolver

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The only thing that could make this any better is if all 108 pursuers were to idiotically and furiously blunder into this fight.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm glad that with lucky felicia we finally have a k6bd character whose fighting prowess comes not from invocations of the Art to bend the universe to one's will, or from years or decades of turning inwards and practicing an obscure martial art known only by two other monks who willingly blinded themselves, or from dueling an entire world with a saber until you became familiar enough with the act of cutting to leave it, or from invoking the power of the 777,777 dead gods themselves, but from a piece of poo poo .32 revolver

RIP Layla Brimstone, Gun Witch

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

El Burbo posted:

Now hold on

This would imply someone hosed a mimic

"Would imply" is a weird way to spell "explicitly says".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

White Coke posted:

How long before they get split up and one of the groups get replaced by mimics?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yep. That checks out.

"''Half-dragon' is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature" is the Dungeons and Dragons equivalent of "Hold my beer".

I recall really wanting a dragon mount on my old 3.5 Paladin only for the DM to suggest that a half-dragon, half-warhorse would work instead. And then the entire group musing on how exactly that worked.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm starting to come around to the idea that there is an Oglaf comic that's relevant to any topic.

Most of them aren't work safe, but still.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

White Coke
May 29, 2015

So when will they find a mimictron?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

ConfusedUs posted:

Most of them aren't work safe, but still.

I feel like that's a lesson on life.

stab stabby
Mar 23, 2009
Not sure if the rest of you have seen, but K6BD made NPR's list of 100 favorite comics:
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/12/533862948/lets-get-graphic-100-favorite-comics-and-graphic-novels

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Reene posted:

I recall really wanting a dragon mount on my old 3.5 Paladin only for the DM to suggest that a half-dragon, half-warhorse would work instead. And then the entire group musing on how exactly that worked.

same way it did in Shrek i guess

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

stab stabby posted:

Not sure if the rest of you have seen, but K6BD made NPR's list of 100 favorite comics:
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/12/533862948/lets-get-graphic-100-favorite-comics-and-graphic-novels

Unfortunately, so did Homestuck. And I say that as a person that *liked* Homestuck.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Is there an explainer for Homestuck somewhere? Not the comic so much as what the hell happened with the fandom? I somehow entirely missed its existence until it was too deep of a rabbit hole to risk my sanity jumping into, and now I'm fascinated from a distance.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Is there an explainer for Homestuck somewhere? Not the comic so much as what the hell happened with the fandom? I somehow entirely missed its existence until it was too deep of a rabbit hole to risk my sanity jumping into, and now I'm fascinated from a distance.

it attracted an assload of proto-bronies and a few people who liked to get all high-concept about comics as a medium, then their attention span faded. yw

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

It burned with white-hot popularity at the peak of its quality and update speed, with all the usual fandom existence problems that implies; then it went on a series of long hiatuses including an unplanned one related to a very troubled Kickstarter, and lost its energy as it skidded into a perfunctory ending over several years. The readers scattered to newer things that weren't just going through the motions.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

paranoid randroid posted:

same way it did in Shrek i guess

Just like a chihuahua and a great dane I imagine.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Hussie was a talented cartoonist with a fondness for doing strange things to the relationship between fans and creators (the central joke of one of his early comics, Humanimals, was that a deeply odd fictional author with deeply odd fetishes was trying and failing to do a wholesome office sitcom, and then there's Sweet Bro and Hrlla Jeff), and basically ran Homestuck, his biggest ever project, as a giant social experiment, a warped mirror to the Internet where every character and plot twist was carefully designed to make the fanbase go totally batshit.

It succeeded.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

If you really want to read a Homestuck-style metahumor thing with Hussie at his peak just read Problem Sleuth and stop.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's formally interesting, I think.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A.o.D. posted:

The only thing that could make this any better is if all 108 pursuers were to idiotically and furiously blunder into this fight.

Insha'aesma

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Demiurge4 posted:

I can't express how much I love Lucky Felicia's startled cat reaction :allears:

Someone throw a pickle at her, see how high she jumps.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Reene posted:

If you really want to read a Homestuck-style metahumor thing with Hussie at his peak just read Problem Sleuth and stop.

Problem Sleuth is aces.

Bongo Bill posted:

It burned with white-hot popularity at the peak of its quality and update speed, with all the usual fandom existence problems that implies; then it went on a series of long hiatuses including an unplanned one related to a very troubled Kickstarter, and lost its energy as it skidded into a perfunctory ending over several years. The readers scattered to newer things that weren't just going through the motions.

Homestuck at its height was loads of fun to experience. Hussie sometimes churned out tens of comic pages a day when he had the fire in him. It had it's own soundtrack, for gods sake! And it didn't hurt that structurally it was tailored towards that particular, furiously obsessive nerd demographic that loves to categorize and classify characters, and then use those established setting rules to create their own characters within those templates. (just look at how weird the RP comments of K6BD get with that kind of thing)

Also it had Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Say Nothing posted:

Someone throw a pickle at her, see how high she jumps.
That's not a pickle, Oscar.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Darth Walrus posted:

a warped mirror to the Internet where every character and plot twist was carefully designed to make the fanbase go totally batshit
That's the best description of Homestuck that I've ever read.

But, yeah, for the last couple years, while there were definitely some good moments, everything was just kinda flaccid, like trying to get your dick back up after the plot-gasm that was the Act 5 finale.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

The soundtracks were actually pretty loving good though.

There's a reason that the people responsible for the best music and art associated with Homestuck went on to make Undertale so drat good, too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Y'all do know there's a Homestuck thread, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Y'all do know there's a Homestuck thread, right?

listen: i reveal to you a great secret - everything is homestuck