Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but they were British so it had 'atmosphere'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Been playing RE5 on PC for some reason.

Made me go back and look at my old records on PS3 and I really miss those days.

There's one thing I've noticed that there's like no games to be found even though steam says a pretty substantial number of people are playing RE5. There's no reason to use the GFWL version to my knowledge because all the things of interest (like a model swap trainer) are 100% possible on the Steamworks version now. Also the Gold Edition only works on the Steamworks version. Maybe Steam knows something I don't, but I was hoping to relive the joy of random mercenaries games again.

edit: annnnd as I go looking for an answer I get it: the PC version is Region Locked. :what:

GOD DAMNIT

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 1, 2017

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Been playing RE5 on PC for some reason.

Made me go back and look at my old records on PS3 and I really miss those days.

There's one thing I've noticed that there's like no games to be found even though steam says a pretty substantial number of people are playing RE5. There's no reason to use the GFWL version to my knowledge because all the things of interest (like a model swap trainer) are 100% possible on the Steamworks version now. Also the Gold Edition only works on the Steamworks version. Maybe Steam knows something I don't, but I was hoping to relive the joy of random mercenaries games again.

edit: annnnd as I go looking for an answer I get it: the PC version is Region Locked. :what:

GOD DAMNIT

http://www.sb-online.org/maluc/index.php?did=bh5fixes

This should still work with the Steamworks version despite being around when the GFWL version was around; it'll bypass the region lock. Of course, you also need others to install it so you can connect with them too.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is that deaths from Wesker or how many times you've killed Wesker?

If the former, i wonder if it counts times dying to him in the QTE's right before the final boss fight because that part is a bitch on Professional.

Really the whole game is completely unfair on Professional though, to this day i still haven't gotten the PS3 Platinum trophy because the El Gigante fight is almost impossible.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

If I explained why Wesker killed me about 600 times you would not understand how that came to be.

In reality about 200 of those deaths are legit Wesker doing Wesker. I'm not being sarcastic when I say the best parts of Wesker are when he just constantly axe kicks you into dying over and over then shoots both players and they die. Or in 6-3 when the screen is fading in he's already shooting lol. Wesker is plain fun to fight and mess around with.

Those Jill deaths are all 100% legit though she's really annoying.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I love how Wesker is staring down at his arm in that picture instead of whatever he's pointing his gun at. That Wesker is so depressed he could barely get out of bed this morning.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Did any of the old RE games penalize you for using First Aid Sprays?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunethex posted:

Yep. RE2 for example penalized you 10 points for every one you used up to 7 at which point you get 0 points.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As I recall using even 1 first aid spray in RE1-3 prevented you from getting an A (S?) rank, no matter how fast you were or how few saves you made.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Kibayasu posted:

As I recall using even 1 first aid spray in RE1-3 prevented you from getting an A (S?) rank, no matter how fast you were or how few saves you made.

That was my understanding and that fear of a grade drop still makes me fear the cans o doom

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://youtu.be/7Sdkmrk60X8?t=83

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lunethex posted:

RE1/REDC didn't, RE2 would penalise you for using F-Aid Sprays, RE3 would penalise you for healing in general!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bunch of Resident Evils on sale in the Humble Bundle right now

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Umbrella Corps for $1. $1.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

If you think I'm not going to buy it just for that game you're crazy.

We could probably fill an entire round with goons and just enjoy the awful.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Len posted:

We could probably fill an entire round with goons and just enjoy the awful.
This must happen. DO IT.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

RE1/REDC didn't, RE2 would penalise you for using F-Aid Sprays, RE3 would penalise you for healing in general!

You could use herbs in RE3 all drat day if you liked and the game didn't care too much. It would penalize you heavily for using sprays, but the real killer was ink ribbons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Those typewriters are antiques and you lower their value when you use equally valuable ink ribbons you horrible monster.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

The RE Revolutions 1 remake for consoles is out August 31st

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Jesus, I'd think they'd lose more money than they'd earn just on the bandwidth for hosting it.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Wanderer posted:

You could use herbs in RE3 all drat day if you liked and the game didn't care too much. It would penalize you heavily for using sprays, but the real killer was ink ribbons.

I think the PC version penalized healing with herbs. I did a sub three hour run with no sprays, no special weapons, and no saves, somehow got a C-Rank. Either healing a lot or using Nemesis Drops (which don't penalize you in any other version) caused me to get that.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Lunethex posted:

Pretty much any of the old ones that had ranking did. I want to say if you do nothing else to penalize yourself you can use like one spray a game. Then again the RE2 and RE3 rankings are sorcery that only the developers seem to know. Lots of weird contradictory information, sometimes within ports of the same game. (I.e. Base psx re2 you could use the found special weapons (mac-10, flamethrower, spark shot) with minimal to no penalty. In the n64 version I think they tank your rank like the infinite ammo unlockables.)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Backhand posted:

Jesus, I'd think they'd lose more money than they'd earn just on the bandwidth for hosting it.

They know nobody is going to play it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Mountain Lightning posted:

I think the PC version penalized healing with herbs. I did a sub three hour run with no sprays, no special weapons, and no saves, somehow got a C-Rank. Either healing a lot or using Nemesis Drops (which don't penalize you in any other version) caused me to get that.

An A-rank in RE3 requires you to finish the game in 90 minutes without saving or using first-aid sprays. It's not really that obscure, but a lot of people have muddied the waters with rumors or gotten the requirements conflated with the other games.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

This must happen. DO IT.

It's not going to be as fun as Operation Raccoon City

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Aces High posted:

It's not going to be as fun as Operation Raccoon City

This is true if you can't actively teamkill in UC.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Beltway getting increasingly enraged as his team mates shot him was pure gold.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I resent that, I only got upset because I disconnected twice after playing a lovely game too long :v:

was still fun though

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wow it's bad. Took 10 minutes to find a match then LOL PING meant I was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Wow it's bad. Took 10 minutes to find a match then LOL PING meant I was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Took me like 30 seconds and had no lag at all but I couldn't figure out how to get the camera not up my rear end. drat thing is way too close and way too sensitive.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Anyone own Rev1/Rev2 on Steam, familiar with Raid Mode, and care to play? I'm bored.

Have to admit I was shocked they're still bothering to put events up on on Rev2/s raid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So at this point, probably safe to say Not a Hero is never coming out and that other RE7 story DLC will be absolute trash, only released so Capcom can say they upheld their end of the bargain for season pass holders?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

The rumor I heard was that they tried to farm Not A Hero out to a third-party developer who botched the job, so now Capcom's redoing the whole thing in-house.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I feel like that might have saved RE:ORC a bit.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

veni veni veni posted:

So at this point, probably safe to say Not a Hero is never coming out and that other RE7 story DLC will be absolute trash, only released so Capcom can say they upheld their end of the bargain for season pass holders?

Side story where you play as Leon. Leon is at his Auto Insurer trying to negotiate down his rates by arguing that the accidents he has been involved in should all fall under the "Force Majeure" clause and shouldn't increase his rates. It's a visual novel.

More or less far fetched than an escape room and a card game? (which I enjoyed)

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Isn't there supposed to be a third season pass DLC?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Some Resident Evil stuff is on sale on PSN, including RE7 season pass for 23.99.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

So how about that RE2 Remake?

Though I did hear they were pushing it back to 2018 now :sigh:

Not even one screenshot still.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Wanderer posted:

The rumor I heard was that they tried to farm Not A Hero out to a third-party developer who botched the job, so now Capcom's redoing the whole thing in-house.

Capcom said this, straight up.

Probably none of it is ever coming out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
So Capcom released its quarterly report for the year.

Highlights for Resident Evil:

- Resident Evil 7 sales: 3.7 million (200K units shipped last quarter)
- RESIDENT EVIL 6 (XB1/PS4 port: 1.1 million (100K units shipped IIRC)

Resident 7 was supposed to show strong post launch performance ( 2 million in the next fiscal year, 10 million units lifetime). However, RE7 already underperformed its initial target and it will fall well short of its 2 million post launch target for the fiscal year. With the RE6 port selling well, are he heading back to boulder punching action RE?

Other highlights:

- Ultra Street Fighter 2 greatly overperformed expectations with 450K units shipped
- Street Fighter 5 is at 1.7 units shipped. It still hasn't reached its original sales target of 2 million units
- No updates on Dead Rising 4's sales
- Raised expectations for Monster Hunter World after reception at e3. Did not specify expectations
- Capcom Mobile (Breath of Fire VI, Monster Hunter Big Hunting Quest, etc.) has been folding back into Capcom. Initially, the Mobile division was given autonomy but failed to produce a hit after several years

With all of their major franchises in decline and no mobile success to fall back on, Monster Hunter World could be their Hail Mary to stay relevant in traditional gaming. Way to go Capcom.