Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

VJeff posted:

I spent 70 bucks a pop on tickets to a WWE house show and they were [totally worth it / the worst purchase of my life], check back July 29th for the conclusion to this post!

Same, but $80. I'm interested in Lesnar/Corbin, and the Styles/Owens/Zayn triple threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

So, were low house show numbers the reason they let AJ win the US title on one so they can be like "See? ANYTHING can happen on a WWE show!"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They've been doing that on and off for the last 40 years, it might be low house show numbers, or it might be on a whim Vince decides he wants a new champion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It was a cool thing, though I do agree with the idea it might have been better to do it at any venue other than MSG, just to get the idea into people's heads that ANYTHING could happen at their house show and who knows, maybe THEY could see a title change too. Happening at MSG is "less" of a surprise since it's such an important venue for WWE.

Remind me, where did Joe win the NXT title for the first time? I remember it was a House Show but not if it was at a "big" venue or not.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Jerusalem posted:

It was a cool thing, though I do agree with the idea it might have been better to do it at any venue other than MSG, just to get the idea into people's heads that ANYTHING could happen at their house show and who knows, maybe THEY could see a title change too. Happening at MSG is "less" of a surprise since it's such an important venue for WWE.

Remind me, where did Joe win the NXT title for the first time? I remember it was a House Show but not if it was at a "big" venue or not.

Lowell, Massachusetts

Also, who's the better troll: Kofi or Rusev?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW1hgG56Uiw

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That, the ambulance match, and 90% of the main made the show good. Basically the tag match and the last hour were good, and the IC Title was certainly nothing bad, it was just mediocre.

BTW, looking back, I remember that Backlash was a good show, it just also had Jinder winning the title. Backlash had Shinsuke kneeing Ziggler's face off, a fun match with Corbin losing to Sami, and an AJ/KO barnburner for the US Title.

tbh I may just remember Backlash as worse than it actually was because
1) Jinder
2) NXT burned the loving house down the night before.

super macho dude posted:

So, were low house show numbers the reason they let AJ win the US title on one so they can be like "See? ANYTHING can happen on a WWE show!"

Honestly, the way they did SmackDown on Tuesday I think it was the perfect choice. Now you can set up AJ's open challenge while still blowing off the feud with KO.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

super macho dude posted:

No, it's because of Vince's hard-on for Madison Square Garden.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

VJeff posted:

tbh I may just remember Backlash as worse than it actually was because
1) Jinder

This just reminded me, did Sonjay Dutt ever have any interest from WWE? I'm wondering if he's wondering if he could have ended up WWE Champion this year if he took a deal with them.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
he'd be on 205 Live and Jinder would still be champion

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why the hell is the Mae Young Classic not airing until August 28th? I feel like that's an insanely long time to tape this thing and wait for it to air.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
They want to coordinate the finals with Summerslam or something.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Why the hell is the Mae Young Classic not airing until August 28th? I feel like that's an insanely long time to tape this thing and wait for it to air.

So we're all pretty sure Jazzy Gabert is going to win this, by the way, right?

e: never mind.

im cute fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 16, 2017

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Will Thunder ever be added to the Network?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Will Thunder ever be added to the Network?

I'll tell you. The answer is --

We're out of time, see you for Thunder!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'd much rather have early 90s WCWSN than Thunder

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

WWE please buy the rights to GLOW and put the tape library on the network.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That, the ambulance match, and 90% of the main made the show good. Basically the tag match and the last hour were good, and the IC Title was certainly nothing bad, it was just mediocre.

BTW, looking back, I remember that Backlash was a good show, it just also had Jinder winning the title. Backlash had Shinsuke kneeing Ziggler's face off, a fun match with Corbin losing to Sami, and an AJ/KO barnburner for the US Title.

that first Nakamura Ziggler match kinda sucked actually

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The booking for that match makes no sense to me

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

You're right, it's $10 a month which is nothing, and there's a ton of value for it. Doesn't excuse the company from criticism of course, but it's still incredible value for money.

I don't know if there is value in subscribing all year. The B level PPVs aren't much better than a normal Raw or Smackdown show. Maybe you'll get a Brock match or weird stipulation. They've also been doing the TNA move of having the PPVs build up a storyline for TV.

I've gotten in the routine of just signing up for big events (Summerslam, Royal Rumble, WM) and viewing the extra content they have during it (Ride Along, etc). They'll usually offer a free trial when they need to impress investors. I don't think $10 is good value to watch Battleground and Great Balls of Fire though.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

So we're all pretty sure Jazzy Gabert is going to win this, by the way, right?

e: never mind.

I'm of two minds on this:

1. Somebody seriously expects that this will interfere with the build to SummerSlam and doesn't want the two to effect eachother

OR

2. MYC Spoiler WWE is going full steam ahead with signing Shayna Bazler part time to build up a Four Horsewomen/Four Horsewomen match at Survivor Series. The way she was booked in the tournament I wouldn't be surprised if she debuted on TV shortly after the Finals and did a three month monster heel run.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

She means she is going to topple Flair/Cena's record in two years

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The most visible / presumably lucrative spot for a woman in the indies is, what, LU intergender? And that won't exist in two years' time. She'll get a charity BOLA spot ala Cody, where does she go after that? TNA?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fourhorsemen dont need a genderswapped remake for fucks sake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

.... in Osaka?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWoL3OfAbLO/

Now do it on TV, drat it.

Instagram doesn't embed? What is this, 2016?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 17, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aphrodite posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWoL3OfAbLO/

Now do it on TV, drat it.

Instagram doesn't embed? What is this, 2016?

god drat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If Alexa faces Nia, the right to do this for all their entrances should be on the line.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Alexa run Bartertown!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I would greatly prefer this to them having a match.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I would greatly prefer they walk off a cliff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I am legitimately excited for Raw. I hope the following things get set up and/or happen:

-Dean/Seth v. Sheasaro
-More Broken Hardy teases
-BRAUN makes Roman/Joe a no contest, setting up a Fatal Four Way at Summerslam
-Dixie showing up for maximum surrealism
-Something for Finn to do. He should take the IC Title since Dean will be ideally teaming up with Seth
-Enzo cuts an awesome promo again only to get murdered because watching Enzo sell is fun
-Actually I'd also take Finn/Bray since Bray won the Seth feud

If we get like three of these I'll call it a win.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Guys I am legitimately excited for Raw. I hope the following things get set up and/or happen:

-Dean/Seth v. Sheasaro
-More Broken Hardy teases
-BRAUN makes Roman/Joe a no contest, setting up a Fatal Four Way at Summerslam
-Dixie showing up for maximum surrealism
-Something for Finn to do. He should take the IC Title since Dean will be ideally teaming up with Seth
-Enzo cuts an awesome promo again only to get murdered because watching Enzo sell is fun
-Actually I'd also take Finn/Bray since Bray won the Seth feud

If we get like three of these I'll call it a win.
i don't post much in here any more but foochs, i wanna say your relentless optimism towards this product is endearing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If Dixie Carter showing up on Raw is finally what breaks Matt Hardy, then I suppose that's OK.

Dixie Carter is real bad though. REAL bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

If Dixie Carter showing up on Raw is finally what breaks Matt Hardy, then I suppose that's OK.

Dixie Carter is real bad though. REAL bad.

Yeah I know she is but if you're gonna do Trainwreck poo poo it might as well involve a backstage angle.

As opposed to say your top title, SmackDown.

Also I just rewatched Battleground '16 and it broke my heart because they made Dean SUCH a viable top face superstar and he'll never see that again. I blame Ziggler.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 17, 2017

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah I know she is but if you're gonna do Trainwreck poo poo it might as well involve a backstage angle.

No, you're right. It's just that i'm not entirely sure what kind of reaction the crowd would have to such a thing. If it does happen, it could either be horrendous or hilarious. Or both.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both, and then you have......Vanguard-1.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 17, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agreed, Dean as Smackdown Champion was an absolute train wreck

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

For only the Dolph Ziggler feud. Before and after was great but sure, let's pretend this is the one time Ziggler got involved with someone and it became garbage that it wasn't his fault.

Hell, Ambrose' promos were the only good thing about that feud but somehow Ambrose is bad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

Hurrrrrrrr. :fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Goddamnit people making GBS threads on Ambrose for no loving reason is the yin to the overexposure of Alexa Bliss' yang

• Locked thread