Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Goddamnit people making GBS threads on Ambrose for no loving reason is the yin to the overexposure of Alexa Bliss' yang

My dude. :mad::hf::mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I saw a Twitter video yesterday of Nakamura delivering the Kinshasa to Ziggler at a recent house show, and it looked like Dolph's brain might have been horrifically jostled inside of his skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0Qdi4p71g

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I saw a Twitter video yesterday of Nakamura delivering the Kinshasa to Ziggler at a recent house show, and it looked like Dolph's brain might have been horrifically jostled inside of his skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0Qdi4p71g

Holy poo poo he dead

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Jon Moxley was good but Dean Ambrose was Always Bad™ it's very obvious he was getting carried hard by Reigns in the SHIELD

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Everyone in The Shield was Always Bad™

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RealFoxy posted:

Jon Moxley was good but Dean Ambrose was Always Bad™ it's very obvious he was getting carried hard by Reigns in the SHIELD

Roman Reigns can't carry anyone, haven't you ever seen him wrestle? If you can't even get someone off the ground how are you going to carry them?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You're dumb. In the related videos of that Kinshasa murder:

https://youtu.be/ligOw6IXREI

Vince and HHH are... right and good? For those who don't wanna listen neither Vince nor Trips have ever liked Dolph because he's basically a bad HBK cosplayer. The funniest thing is everyone in the comments jerking off about Dolph. Listen they waste a lot of talent. Dolph is NOT one of those people.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't remember a single time post SHIELD where Ambrose hasn't looked like a goober in either his promos or his stale in-ring matches. He's like a New-Era caricature of Cactus Jack in Japan during the early/mid 90's

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Are you loving kidding m8

When Dean was WWE champion he pinned Roman Reigns clean. Seth too I think. He was first draft pick. He was top dog. He was an actual babyface champion that didn't get booed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Are you loving kidding m8

When Dean was WWE champion he pinned Roman Reigns clean. Seth too I think. He was first draft pick. He was top dog. He was an actual babyface champion that didn't get booed
They're pushing Roman Reigns as the next big thing but that doesn't mean that it's good tho. WWE must have soured on him during the Austin podcast when he refused to talk about nearly anything. You can blame Lesner for not wanting to do anything at Wrestlemania but he's not exactly making the best out of what he's got either and most of his matches are pretty poor and unmotivated. His wacky line is dumb as hell, and he's lost most of his enthusiasm.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bliss and Jax should be the new Bulk and Skull.

Or if not, have them be a female Jericho and Owens. Their festival of friendship would be so rad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

I don't remember a single time post SHIELD where Ambrose hasn't looked like a goober in either his promos or his stale in-ring matches. He's like a New-Era caricature of Cactus Jack in Japan during the early/mid 90's

The entirety of the build and his title reign pre-Ziggler as I've recounted probably a dozen times. Also the Rollins feud when Roman was out. Also the mini-feud with HHH. But whatever, keep fuckin' that chicken. I don't have the energy to argue against this particular brand of stupid bullshit anymore.

Seriously though you are an idiot and are blaming the wrong thing here. Admittedly Ambrose isn't the style of champ WWE wants in terms of media or whatever but that's an issue with WWE, not Dean. It's literally the same thing that happened with Punk.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 17, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hey I used to be one of the biggest KENTA marks but I'm not gonna pretend Hideo Itami is a tenth as good as he used to be anymore.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

They're pushing Roman Reigns as the next big thing but that doesn't mean that it's good tho. WWE must have soured on him during the Austin podcast when he refused to talk about nearly anything. You can blame Lesner for not wanting to do anything at Wrestlemania but he's not exactly making the best out of what he's got either and most of his matches are pretty poor and unmotivated.

It's a good thing that none of the Lesnar poo poo was during his run. Or that his feud with AJ afterwards was just as good as him destroying the other two members of the shield in the first couple months of his run. Or... a very important part IMO that he was a BABYFACE WHO WAS ACTUALLY CHEERED.

But nah he was honest during the Austin interview (and hell, if you didn't feel like he felt during that run you'd be a liar) and a Dolph Ziggler feud of all things and suddenly he's Always Been Bad

gently caress you

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

His only bad major match as champ was against Ziggler. His only bad major matches outside of that in 2016 were against Lesnar who was going to UFC in a few months and Jericho which boiled down to "when are we going to the fireworks factory" thanks to the thumbtacks but gently caress the idea of context

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's not forget that like 40% of the podcast was Austin needling Dean about an extremely bad childhood that Dean probably didn't want to talk about and if he did it wouldn't have been PG. The whole thing being supremely awkward was largely Austin's fault. When they got to the end and had Dean cut that impromptu promo it was a lot better because shock of shocks they were discussing something that didn't piss off the interviewee and was also a thing that could easily be PG.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Before the life was beaten out of Punk and he quit to draw comics, at least he was really trying most of the time, he lead to a lot of memorable moments during his run and the Pipebomb/John Cena match at MITB are one of the brightest spots in the last 10 years of the WWE. Putting Ambrose on that level is embarrassing, the SHIELD was great, but it was a Triple H pet project to get Reigns (and temporarily) Rollins over and Ambrose fell off a cliff after the brand split.

I'm going to go back and watch some Jon Moxley non-deathmatch wrestling and see if he was always stale in the ring and just propped up on brawling and blood before I decide he was always bad but his WWE style brawling is pretty sloppy and weak and he only really has two promos styles that he repeats ad nauseam. He used to have a unique looks and style but he's made no changes to himself in such a long time and isn't exactly pulling off 4* matches all the time to prop his character work up to the levels people on this forum hype him up

e: why are you two insulting me directly for not liking your boy calm down

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 17, 2017

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I forgot about Austin asking him about his childhood. That's... That's some hard poo poo to deal with especially if you're not expecting it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

his WWE style brawling is pretty sloppy and weak and he only really has two promos styles that he repeats ad nauseam. He used to have a unique looks and style but he's made no changes to himself in such a long time and isn't exactly pulling off 4* matches all the time to prop his character work up to the levels people on this forum hype him up

You could post this for anyone who used to be over in WWE. Including and especially the other Shield members

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
RealFoxy literally the only people who don't relentlessly poo poo on Ambrose at this point on this forum are me and BCH. Stop playing yourself. You're not giving some new hot take, you're literally in line with 90% of a forum that quite possibly unironically largely believes Jinder Mahal is equal to or better than Dean Ambrose in 2017.

Enjoy that I guess.

Also we're giving you poo poo because you're being a caricature of terrible Internet wrestling fans.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

RealFoxy literally the only people who don't relentlessly poo poo on Ambrose at this point on this forum are me and BCH. Stop playing yourself. You're not giving some new hot take, you're literally in line with 90% of a forum that quite possibly unironically largely believes Jinder Mahal is equal to or better than Dean Ambrose in 2017.

Enjoy that I guess.

Also we're giving you poo poo because you're being a caricature of terrible Internet wrestling fans.
You're the kind of fan WWE banks on to point fingers at Jinder and call him a terrorist for being brown and speaking a foregin language, that's literally the only reason I can assume you hate Jinder so much when you know drat well he's just as bland and uninspiring as Randy Orton or Dean Ambrose can be.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Enjoy that I guess.

Hey I've never and would never say a bad word about Ambrose, how dare you

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dean ambrose is a poopy doo doo head with donkey brains

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

WWE should be looking at the Mayweather/McGregor and G1 Climax press conferences and looking to do that themselves.
If they built up the WWE title or Universal Title fights and also the royal rumble with press conferences on the network. With the wrestlers wearing suits looking professional and having time to cut promos it would build the titles up so much more.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You're the kind of fan WWE banks on to point fingers at Jinder and call him a terrorist for being brown and speaking a foregin language, that's literally the only reason I can assume you hate Jinder so much when you know drat well he's just as bland and uninspiring as Randy Orton or Dean Ambrose can be.

Hahaha go gently caress yourself.

Seriously, just gently caress off. Both Randy and Dean on their worst day are better than Jinder at his best and either irony has literally folded in on itself or you're honestly accusing me of being a racist in which case you are honestly just an idiot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

Hey I've never and would never say a bad word about Ambrose, how dare you

Well you don't post much! Sorry friendo. I'll add you to the list.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hahaha go gently caress yourself.

Seriously, just gently caress off. Both Randy and Dean on their worst day are better than Jinder at his best and either irony has literally folded in on itself or you're honestly accusing me of being a racist in which case you are honestly just an idiot.
You need to chill out and stop posting about wrestlemans for a while because you're taking anyone disliking Ambrose so seriously you're deluding yourself into thinking people are attacking you

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

You're the kind of fan WWE banks on to point fingers at Jinder and call him a terrorist for being brown and speaking a foregin language,

This is a really weird thing to say and not a good look, my dude

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

You need to chill out and stop posting about wrestlemans for a while because you're taking anyone disliking Ambrose so seriously you're deluding yourself into thinking people are attacking you

No, actually it's more like people like you who come off like wrestling hipsters irk me and God forbid I take you backhandedly calling me a racist as a personal attack.

You're right about the first part though. Later for now, folks. Sorry for the not quite derail.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hold up, hold the F UP

People like Jinder now? Is that what we've become?

Holy balls

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Jeez dude I only accused you of thinking all brown people are terrorists chill out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

RealFoxy literally the only people who don't relentlessly poo poo on Ambrose at this point on this forum are me and BCH.

I really like Dean Ambrose :shobon:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dean ambrose is worse than samuraifoochs

#hottake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

dean ambrose is worse than samuraifoochs

#hottake

Now THAT is some good posting right there.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Dean Ambrose is okay but WWE has done nothing in particular to make me want to like him. He's like an NPC that they added to flesh out a location but didn't even bother to make him a quest giver. I want to go on Dean's quest but he ain't got one.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also is REALLY SAD! how some of you try to defend noted fraud and bad wrestler Dean Ambrose by attacking a woman like Alexa Bliss. PRETTY SEXIST!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Nia Jax is twice the woman Alexa Bliss is in all ways.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's a tale oft-repeated sadly, the common denominator in all of these "<x> was always bad> stories is WWE. They sour on somebody, they lose interest or push their focus somewhere else, an insane irishman feels slighted one morning because he sneezed etc and suddenly they're getting booking like poo poo for 6+ months and the audience is getting frustrated with their lack of traction, and the wrestler themselves loses motivation or gets otherwise broken down and starts phoning it in (or realizes they can just show up and give 10% and still collect the same paycheck for years, so why bother giving more and getting nothing for it).

The idea that a lot of wrestlers can not only make a good living without going to WWE but can actually make a BETTER living than going to WWE is going to make for interesting times, at least in the short term.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shima Honnou posted:

Nia Jax is twice the woman Alexa Bliss is in all ways.

Nia is a very beatiful woman. You are correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Also is REALLY SAD! how some of you try to defend noted fraud and bad wrestler Dean Ambrose by attacking a woman like Alexa Bliss. PRETTY SEXIST!

she's bad

push noted good wrestler Charlotte again

• Locked thread