Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fruit on the bottom posted:

Does it count as necrophilia if you're jacking yourself off with a dead joke?

I've already called the police, Granos. Just wait and they'll come get you shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

A Moose posted:

"It might be easy for you to type "just break up" but its just as easy for me to cover my eyes and scream SUNK COST FALLACY real loud"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Does it count as necrophilia if you're jacking yourself off with a dead joke?

Not if you do it on a dead forum. We're all dead here. Welcome to hell. We are protected.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
quoting fishmech :ohdear:

fishmech posted:

July 3rd 2017, 11:39:54 pm · a minute ago

[Scene: a nervous-looking older man meets with a millennial in a darkened alley.]
Millennial: what's the target?
Man: I don't know if I want to do this.
Millennial: people don't come to us until they've made up their minds.
Man: Alright. Styrofoam cups.
Millennial: Six months and they're gone.
Man: Can millennials really kill styrofoam cups?
Millennial: we can kill anything, but not cheaply.
Man: I can pay. I work for a plasti-
Millennial: I don't need to know and frankly I don't care. One of us will deliver a routing number to a Zurich account. Two billion euros, then we start.
Man: Al..alright.
Millennial: It will be your last chance to reconsider. Once the money is processed you'll have no contact with us again.
Man: I understand. It has to be done.
Millennial: then it's sealed. The cups will join chain restaurants and diamonds in the void.
Man: Thank..thank you.
Millennial: We don't require thanks. Participation is its own trophy.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Sapozhnik posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not a fishmesh original, as far as I know this is the original source:

http://brainstatic.tumblr.com/post/162558774045/scene-a-nervous-looking-older-man-meets-with-a

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

trapped mouse posted:

I'm pretty sure that's not a fishmesh original, as far as I know this is the original source:

http://brainstatic.tumblr.com/post/162558774045/scene-a-nervous-looking-older-man-meets-with-a

Hence the timestamp being included in the post, presumably

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

trapped mouse posted:

That explains why it's at least a little bit clever and funny.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still glad I got to read it

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Sapozhnik posted:

Obviously already mentioned that fishmech didn't come up with this, but I saw it on Facebook a few weeks ago. Different format than the original posted here, but it's been going around the internet. You can say the funny is that you are quoting fishmech trying to pass off something that he read on the internet as his own original content.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Tree Goat posted:

Modern language would also be way "simpler" and "easy" if the human race were exterminated like vermin down to nothingness; then the only lingua franca you'd need would be how to interpret the rustling of trees and the mournful cry of crows as they peck at our bleached bones.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Eating the wrong things, pissing in public, loving up the simple act of loving.
How aren't 🐼 the official animal of the something awful forums?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fishmech posted:

The Beach Subway operated via giant fans in the sealable tunnel, where you would push and pull the cars by air suction in the direction of intended travel, without risking extreme vacuum for the passengers. There would have been fan pairs for each station to station segment in the final system instead of the single fan on the demonstration line and station

C.H.O.M.E posted:

i'm picturing a subway where everyone boards and their eardrums rupture before the car starts to slowly accelerate away from the station

flakeloaf posted:

Some of them fled, although they had been trained to cope with just such an unthinkable eventuality. The deaf-hearing face twitched and quivered. Claw hands beat and twisted and danced on the air; abruptly they descended and the thing that had been his son began to claw at its ears. "Louder than you think, Dad!" it cackled. "Louder than you think! Held my tongue when they gave out the earplugs! Wanted to hear! I heard! I heard! Louder than you think!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also

Spatial posted:

zuck has been rehearsing the routine for days. this poo poo is complicated son

*ZUCK looks down at his notes*

- contract facial muscle group 31, HAPPY
- clasp dried carbohydrate assembly
- raise right appendage 34cm
- sleep 550ms
- raise right appendage to primary mandible level
- insert assembly
- cycle primary mandible at 0.6Hz [continuous]
- retract appendage
- contract facial muscles 29 - 34 for 1600 milliseconds (tough one!!)
- blink exactly once

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

Munchables posted:

Every once in a while, good ol' @Bootleg_Stuff offers to do a few bootleg drawings for people, here's the one she did for me, a normal portait sketch on the left and the bootleg on the right:

https://twitter.com/MunchTheMetal/status/839704260933660676?s=09

goose willis posted:

I'm glad you managed to escape from LA

Made me laugh, anyway.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
from one of several (?!) Lena Dunham GBS threads

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

She's actually cool and good though. :)

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Theres more digital manipulation in this photo than Lena's kid sister suffered throughout her childhood.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Coucho Marx posted:

:wow:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

flakeloaf posted:

Some of them fled, although they had been trained to cope with just such an unthinkable eventuality. The deaf-hearing face twitched and quivered. Claw hands beat and twisted and danced on the air; abruptly they descended and the thing that had been his son began to claw at its ears. "Louder than you think, Dad!" it cackled. "Louder than you think! Held my tongue when they gave out the earplugs! Wanted to hear! I heard! I heard! Louder than you think!"

This one is really amazing.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Coucho Marx posted:

Holy poo poo

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
I, too, am quoting and reacting to the good "Lena diddled her sister" joke.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i reacted to there being several threads

go son

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

Die in a fire lol just kidding I don't care how you die

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I need to find a way to drug or sedate my gf so I can play shadow of Mordor

Amy Pole Her posted:

4-6 minutes of sitting on it will probably make it numb for 10-15 minutes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Let's face it, anal sex has been big since the 1959 Godzilla spinoff Sodom and Gamera.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love you FAU.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Guys you're going to summon Bitcoin evangelist, bootleg knockoff mirthless, and all around retard Ham Sandwiches to poo poo up the thread again.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

bitcoinjuice! bitcoinjuice! bitcoinjuice!

Viva Miriya posted:

Ham sandwiches

You motherfuckers

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jandipoo posted:

I know this is from pages back but I'd like to point out that Walmart (at least the one I work at) gives bonuses to its employees based on low shrink numbers. So basically if you do steal from my store you are stealing money from my pocket and gently caress you.

maskenfreiheit posted:

walmart purposefully pays it's employees so little they need to get food stamps (:siren: TAX FUNDED :siren:, so when you work at wal mart you are stealing money from my pocket and gently caress you

:goonsay:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Chief McHeath posted:

Just lol if you haven't had a methed out JO sesh to videos of girls having model train sets run off the tracks into their gaping assholes.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

When a tennis player gets married it usually fails because love means nothing to them.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lowtax is that lovely dad who misses your birthday every year, but triple dog swears he's going to show up next year with the best present ever sport. You never actually seen him in person, only pictures and the rare voice on the phone. One time you got a card with a $5 bill in it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's

...weirdly specific.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I never understood him then and I guess I never will

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

That's

...weirdly specific.

probably because otherwise it wouldn't be at all funny.

shall we try it generic?

counterfeitsaint posted:

Lowtax is a bad father

that's just uncalled-for invective

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Chicago's super casually racist, so growing up, I always thought tank tops were called dago-tees because that's what people in my neighborhood (Italians and Mexicans) called them.

Either way, Bill no doubt had an impressive collection of them.

nickhimself posted:

Everywhere I've lived they've been referred to as "wife beaters".

Strudel Man posted:

Well, if you're talking to one in person, you should still call them Italian.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

13Pandora13 posted:

I'm multilingual (German) and at one point he asked me why people didn't just speak English. I asked what he meant and he was like, "well like why do they bother to translate the words to speak another language when they can just say it in English?" He had a very, very hard time understanding that people didn't all *think* in English no matter how I explained it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

thats the fakest poo poo and has been called out a million times

Trig Discipline posted:

no, women can actually be doctors

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
[yes] [no] [i meant like, someone who holds a doctorate in the arts and insists upon the honorific]

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rope kid posted:

"Who among you knows this pop star, Ed Sheeran?"

Goon 1: *stands up, boldly* "Not I! I am not a normie!"

Goon 2: *stands up even faster, speaks with a more strident tone* "I can't even say the name Eaud Shear-han!"

Goon 3: *pushes the other two people out the way and shouts through a megaphone* "I've never heard music!"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

All jokes aside media is so fractured even if you spend a stupid amount of time online you can miss that stuff, especially with algorithms tailoring everything to you.

I know who he is, but only because I randomly clicked through on an article about him a week or two ago. Other than that I had no idea.

Gumbel2Gumbel has a new favorite as of 13:21 on Jul 18, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I have no idea who he is, but I've been 100% deaf in both ears since the age of 5 so I think I get a pass on not paying attention to music people :shrug:

E: A quick googling tells me he is a tool and I wouldn't have wanted to know him anyway, so everyone wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'd say you dodged a bullet, in fact.