Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
good thing i have received my seventh showstopper weapon, instead of a new one i have yet to receive. it would be VERY bad if i had a weapon in my energy slot that could actually damage enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

good thing i have received my seventh showstopper weapon, instead of a new one i have yet to receive. it would be VERY bad if i had a weapon in my energy slot that could actually damage enemies.

Nice to see that Destiny's deranged rng written by a sadist redditor-molestor is still in the game after all. Gotta keep the playerbase engaged with the carrot stick design after all.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Also guys, come around and laugh at the entitled goon who wants to end the beta just after one day!!!!!!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Hey guy's... Just in case you were wondering , I just got a drop that wasnt good. Hoping for one that is good next time. Will keep ya'll updated on my drops. Well cya :D

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you want to feel better about destiny go read the Reddit because it's a goldmine right now

'help I only get super once every ten matches, this is bullishit' a post by a person apparently forgetting to fire their weapon at enemies

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Tei posted:

4 friends playing PvP, but if they want to play PvE, they have to kick one.

above and beyond anything else, this is the really absurd head scratcher of this game for me. if you finish a 6 man raid and want to play PVP, gotta kick two dudes. wanna do a strike or some patrol after some PV? Gotta kick a third dude. wanna do PVP again? Hope the dude you kicked 45min ago isn't fuckin salty!!!

Christ

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Legs Benedict posted:

above and beyond anything else, this is the really absurd head scratcher of this game for me. if you finish a 6 man raid and want to play PVP, gotta kick two dudes. wanna do a strike or some patrol after some PV? Gotta kick a third dude. wanna do PVP again? Hope the dude you kicked 45min ago isn't fuckin salty!!!

Christ

No, see, you go from raid with six, to breaking into two for other pve, then each only has to recruit one for pvp and then only two more for raiding again. It's for balance reasons obviously. Can't do 4s and 8s. :bungie:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you want to feel better about destiny go read the Reddit because it's a goldmine right now

'help I only get super once every ten matches, this is bullishit' a post by a person apparently forgetting to fire their weapon at enemies

Reddit is a shithole full of neckbeards and permavirgins, I never understood those guys, I got a super like 7-8 times in the strike

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The latest, is that I got a helmet... Its pretty good. Can the Bjtch Boys on "reddit" say that, I think not... Stay tuned

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Dropped a 31 kill game in control.

It's also the first game i lost.

The bitter sweet of Destiny continues.

I'm really only having luck with a pulse/smg combo. The pulse being the best gun by far.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I was doing pretty drat good in Crucible, I guess too good.

I got locked on the end screen at the end of the crucible match and had to go to character select, got this selecting my dud.

Also, Linear fusion rifles are pretty rad, but only in Crucible.

(and it's fixed, just had to log into a different character)

Ularg fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 19, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Heres my latest tweet: Mercy Ruled two games in a row, on the Destiny 2 Beta BVersion. I hope I fragged some extremely autismal redditites... Now thats what I call Epic loving Rapery :xd:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Random comments:
- Beta is horrible bad. They dont understand that a beta function has a pre-season. Is literally 1 hour of gameplay.
- Game is fun. Intense.
- PvP is fun. Intense.
- Weapons in the beta are bad

Horrible bad decisions:
- 4vs4 pvp
- 2 primaries + 1 slot for snipers,shotguns,rocket launchers, blades. They are doing this for balance reasons at a huge price for pve and pvp, and its going to be unefective. A guy with a shotgun and 6 shots, can kill 6 dudes.
- Streamlined the design removing options. We risk have the problem of all titans feeling the same titan, all the locks the same lock. and so on. We hope this is not the case.

Overall, I am liking the game. But the things they have changed for the worse are core to the game, and will have consequences.

I fear now that they new loot tables have so few items, and they don't want to show how horrible bad are. Like doing a assault 3 times, and getting the exact same weapon 3 times.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
They should bring back armour lock from Halo Reach imo.

That was the poo poo.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
somehow PvP is even worse now, everything else about the beta is pretty good

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
This is a first for me. Just one day of the beta and I'm pretty much just done. Go back to playing FF14 or something.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
" this gun needs a buff"

"this gun needs a nerf"

*someone during beta testing of Destiny 2 in tyool 2017.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

my fave part of destiny is just free roam goofing around in the world and i can't really do that in this beta, and what there IS is fun which makes the lack of being able to goof around more annoying.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Tei posted:

- Streamlined the design removing options. We risk have the problem of all titans feeling the same titan, all the locks the same lock. and so on. We hope this is not the case.

in a post mortem talk for Deus Ex 2, Harvey Smith talked about how in Deus Ex 1, people could take a bunch of water related cybermods (swim faster, breathe under water longer etc.) and make an "Aquaman" build. In Deus Ex 2 they just combined all those cybermods into one mod. But even though it was functionally the same, they denied people the fun of creating their own build.

So that's what I'm afraid they're doing. You unlock subclass perks but there's no tweaking or remixing them. You're just going to be X Y or Z. Which may be more balanced but removes creativity.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Like I thought, having double primaries and then lumping special and heavy together feels boring. Balance argument aside, it's v samey.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Roman posted:

So that's what I'm afraid they're doing. You unlock subclass perks but there's no tweaking or remixing them. You're just going to be X Y or Z. Which may be more balanced but removes creativity.

you can put shaders on everything now

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm curious what world some of you have been living in to be so shocked that bungie has a super limited beta for balancing and teasing of content. Especially after they've been putting out for weeks how most of this poo poo was gonna be and what they were trying to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

my fave part of destiny is just free roam goofing around in the world and i can't really do that in this beta, and what there IS is fun which makes the lack of being able to goof around more annoying.

Yeah, between that and the almost complete lack of progression/rewards I'm not going to jump on every evening to play this which is a bit of a letdown. Can't wait for the full version with way more strikes/maps though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AAB posted:

I'm curious what world some of you have been living in to be so shocked that bungie has a super limited beta for balancing and teasing of content. Especially after they've been putting out for weeks how most of this poo poo was gonna be and what they were trying to do.

I expected it, and it was still surprised.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

So we are going from 4 patrol areas in Destiny 1 to how many in Destiny 2?

4, all of which are supposed to be bigger than in D1, with the EDZ being the biggest patrol area yet.

You can get to more of the Nessus patrol by glitching through walls, dawnblading over them, or speeding through vex milk on a pike

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some notes I made around playing:

Pvp really shines in a 4 or 3 man team and you use call outs and chain your shields and rifts. You can get a lot of kills very quickly and isolate enemies to keep the kills ticking over. Solo rolling is going to be very difficult to do successfully.

The issue's with the build tend to show themselves if you do roll solo or in a team of two. The team shot is pretty much what the game requires now. Get a pick and hold choke points or pick a straggler and push as a unit.

Pulses feel really crisp and hand cannons are still nice but you need a good shot. You can't just wave in the vicinity and hope you get the kill. The grabby aim assist of d1 is gone and you really need to settle into your timing.

The grenades could stand a small cool down adjustment so could supers. The lack of spam is good but they're almost a none issue now and even the better grenades are pretty muted.

It seems like supers at this point in quickgames pretty much allow the winning team to put the nail in the coffin and the losing to team to juuuust get one off before the expiration if a game goes to score limit. A lot of games we mercied teams before mine was even ready. Other times we had an almost insurmountable lead by the time it was ready to go. I think putting it on a cool down so that it was ready about halfway to 65% of the way through would be a little better in terms of design.

Communication and cooperation is going to be key. You can really roll over a team if you call out well and moreso if you can force the enemy team to split spawn by pushing and retreating from their initial. This creates a lot of 2v1 scenarios and you eat up points quickly.

If you can hit shots and manage your recovery cool down you'll still do well but lag can really adversely affect a lobby still. One or two badly connected players and you have the same issue from d1 where your shots simply don't register. Enemies dont seem to rubber band as much but I did get some weird movement patterns and an instance of having no one on my screen shortly followed by 3 enemies appearing from nowhere.

If they did a couple of things. Mainly tighten the connection restrictions and build in some kind of "pve damage speeds up cooldowns for abilities" they'd be on the money. Strikes are at their best when you can chain supers and throw grenades about and I found I was looking for grenades that just weren't there quite a bit and the super roll wasnt possible.

Titans seem to need some mobility armor especially on sentinel otherwise you'll struggle to run down a hunter in your super. You also end up dragging rear end around the map.

The aim assist on all weapons has been detuned a bit too, i think lumi mentioned in his stream the alpha build felt more assisted rhan the currenr beta. In pve and pvp there was noticeable less drag when someone runs accross your screen and less stick with your reticle. I didn't mind this and still hit plenty of crits but I can see a lot of low thumbskill hurting.

Overall pvp is better but not by much. I kind of don't like that I can't take over a game as zi could in d1 and you're extremely limited in terms of pushing a 1v2 or a 1v3. Only played about 10 games of pvp in total so still finding the right playstyle but the age of skating into a fight and ruining three people's day with some synergistic grenade and melee play Is over. On the other side of the coin it really has become a game of skill in gunfights. If you crutched on abilities you're going to have a really bad time.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 19, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

e: poo poo edit isn't reply

Pretty good fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jul 19, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I'm excited for all the other new guns for all the new archetypes (of which half+ will be trash) since these guns look and sound good. The new PVP maps are solid, and like BlindSite said, are great once you figure callouts (now displayed below your radar) and the new balances.

FWIW, those who like doing PVE, in the strike, you can come across 3 different public events. One enemies move against each other, one special Storm Minotaur one with more man cannons and a kill target one. They won't register on your hud as public events, but they spawn and handle just like em. Takes no longer than ~35 mins for all 3 to spawn.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

On the other side of the coin it really has become a game of skill in gunfights. If you crutched on abilities you're going to have a really bad time.

This is what I was most looking forward to in pvp and what I'm enjoying most so far :cenobite:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Why do the emotes seem to move in slow motion PRE-ORDER CANCELED

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Beta feels alright, disappointed with the triple Hunter hop. Hand cannons actually feel pretty good and smgs are alright. Skill trees feel way too streamlined. No frame drops on the Pro and the framerate felt very solid. Graphics look way better and the enemy art is fantastic. Not really feeling the 2 primaries and a heavy. Inverted Spire was very fun and my team spent an hour just moving around the map and checking it out.

Lot of good choices, lot of bad decisions.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Monolith. posted:

Skill trees feel way too streamlined.

Pretty sure the skill trees are missing a good chunk of the nodes they'll ship with.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

haveblue posted:

Pretty sure the skill trees are missing a good chunk of the nodes they'll ship with.

just the bottom set of 4 skills, otherwise they're complete

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

AAB posted:

4, all of which are supposed to be bigger than in D1, with the EDZ being the biggest patrol area yet.

You can get to more of the Nessus patrol by glitching through walls, dawnblading over them, or speeding through vex milk on a pike

building on this, the lower left is the easily explorable space on the strike, not including some of the strike exclusive area past the man cannons.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Ularg posted:

This is a first for me. Just one day of the beta and I'm pretty much just done. Go back to playing FF14 or something.

I'm kinda feeling the same. I forgot how slow the pvp in destiny is.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

About 3.5 hours til the real beta starts for the alphas

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

Same. I enjoyed what was there but goddamn was it a short-lived experience.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Mazerunner posted:

the friend roster being in the director instead of the character menu is... off-putting

for real it's loving aggravating and actually the only thing pissing me off except melees taking 3 hits to kill in pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, if only that was true.