Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Someone in AI just claimed they reported me for hacking because we won too quickly. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

John Murdoch posted:

It still wouldn't be your fault, but I think sometimes the matchmaking for bots just goes "gently caress it, I dunno" and smushes together mixed groups and sets a matching number of bots to the chosen difficulties. Dude could've literally queued for beginner only to end up dealing with elites.

I had an early morning game this week featuring an Adept, two Veterans and two Elites. It made me realize out the main difference between Veteran and Elite AI: the Elite ones will leave lane to gank and flank. I don't think it makes them that much harder to deal with, just a bit more unpredictable.

TheEye posted:

Someone in AI just claimed they reported me for hacking because we won too quickly. :downs:

You totally ruined the bonus XP from their first win of the day, you jerk!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jul 19, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Also, if you like blue balls, a new hero teaser is coming up soon: https://www.twitch.tv/kendricswissh

Edit: There originally was a more zoomed out version, but here is the close-up. It was just still images.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Definitely Junkrat

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
So... Archimonde? Garrosh?? Sanpytrin???

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Looks like Lord Jaraxxus to me

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

You play as the Dark Portal itself, spawning an unending force of orc warriors, each followed by a Niconico-style stream of visible chat comments of 'wtf too many orcs in this game already'.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

peer posted:

So... Archimonde? Garrosh?? Sanpytrin???

I don't think it's a dreadlord, no wings. I see a human shaped silhouette in the bottom third of the green blob, and there's maybe the right half of deer antlers on their head.

Considering how identical all the characters in Warcraft are outside of a couple of guys with horns, wings or extra legs, using a silhouette as a teaser seems kind of pointless.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 19, 2017

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It's a spooky ghost man! Run!

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Donnerberg posted:

I don't think it's a dreadlord, no wings. I see a human shaped silhouette in the bottom third of the green blob

Agreed, but neither of my suggestions are dreadlords (or have wings!). And they're both associated with the Dark Portal.

I guess I can see the antler-looking shape, but the only character I can think of with antlers (beside Malfurion and whatshername) is Cenarius, and I dunno what he'd be doing in the portal.

Or maybe the portal has no relation to the character itself, but is simply a way of saying "this is a dude from Warcraft"

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I see a portal. I think it's Medivh.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Its a randomass voidwalker thing that nobody has ever summoned in WoW because they suck.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I so badly want it to be Maiev but it's totally going to end up being an orc.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
After the Giant Claw Marks teaser that turned out to be D.Va, these little teasers aren't even interesting to me anymore. Could be literally anything.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It's the human Peasant that built it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Clearly it's deathwing

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Apparently that's the "old" Dark Portal model from Burning Crusade, so that might imply the Burning Legion.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

It's obviously Wilfred Fizzlebang.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Well the frame of the portal is made of rock, so I'm gonna have to assume this is the long awaited rock n' roll racer

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

MisterZimbu posted:

I see a portal. I think it's Medivh.

Medivh's evil twin, Dark Medivh.

Actually

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's the human Peasant that built it.

Job's done!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Khadgar's floating head the hero

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

it's Amon

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
noooooooooooooooooo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's Mei.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
It's a misdirection like the D.va teaser and we're actually going to get Bastion. He meets Probius (who is basically a floating alien robot bird, even is yellow like Ganymede is) and they have an incomprehensible beepboop conversation and then go on a grand adventure together

E: it'll be loving adorable and heartwarming and it'll win an Emmy or something

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Burning Crusade era Dark Portal means it's Illidan. They're gonna do like Hi-Rez does for Smite and release an old hero with a new kit and reskin the old version into someone else. :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm putting all my chips on Akama

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They spoiled Blackthorne at that Medieval Times event a week ago I'm holding out hope.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's Kil'jaeden y'all.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Or a Dark Portal map

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Either Garrosh or Maeiv imo.

Still leaning towards Maeiv because she has the same green eyes as the silhouette.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Macaluso posted:

I'm putting all my chips on Akama

^ this guy/girl knows the business

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

There isn't a silhouette, it's just the clouds. The launcher has updated with an animated version.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

EdRush posted:

Watching the hgc supposedly the ""pros"" pick loser characters like medivh and li ming and tychus and muradin makes me wonder how good they could actually be if they played winner characters like Butcher and Rexxar

It's almost like when you put together a set of perfect conditions that will never exist for the majority of the player base a different set of heroes are stronger than ones which don't operate under any of those conditions. Then when you take all those conditions away and add in the chaos of solo queue you get better performance out of heroes that can do a lot of work by themselves.

Or maybe I'm just extremely jaded for having read my thousandth "but in pro play..." post in a MOBA thread discussion consisting entirely of regular players.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've always thought Li Ming was really strong in solo queue because the more disorganized nature of team fights feeds directly into her trait.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
It's gonna be Hogger

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Libertine posted:

It's almost like when you put together a set of perfect conditions that will never exist for the majority of the player base a different set of heroes are stronger than ones which don't operate under any of those conditions. Then when you take all those conditions away and add in the chaos of solo queue you get better performance out of heroes that can do a lot of work by themselves.

Or maybe I'm just extremely jaded for having read my thousandth "but in pro play..." post in a MOBA thread discussion consisting entirely of regular players.
If you think this is bad you should see the overwatch thread(s).

exquisite tea posted:

I've always thought Li Ming was really strong in solo queue because the more disorganized nature of team fights feeds directly into her trait.
Apparently she doesn't do well at all (like bottom 10). I would have thought the same thing.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 19, 2017

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Despite all of the jokes on release, Li-Ming is legitimately one of the more difficult heroes to play and it's extremely easy to choke when the resets come-a-knockin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Semper Fudge posted:

Despite all of the jokes on release, Li-Ming is legitimately one of the more difficult heroes to play and it's extremely easy to choke when the resets come-a-knockin'

Why do you think she is difficult to play? The skillshots aren't particularly hard to land and she has a very forgiving escape.