Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Yeah we've known for some time now that they have investors. Did you forget Bootcha also?

I thought Bootcha just bought in at the higher levels rather than being a private investor, if that's incorrect, then fine. I just can't shake the feeling there's more money in this than the crowdfund. Coutts still bothers me because it's kinda vertical. It's one of those outfits that works almost entirely on offshoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:
the one thing i can't get straight around here is, do you get more of an autistic boner when cig decreases the scope, or when they increase the scope of 3.0?

but props to gorf on the infographic, it's well done, accurate and informative. too bad the biased commentary skews it rather than just being pure data.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Hav posted:

I thought Bootcha just bought in at the higher levels rather than being a private investor, if that's incorrect, then fine. I just can't shake the feeling there's more money in this than the crowdfund. Coutts still bothers me because it's kinda vertical. It's one of those outfits that works almost entirely on offshoring.

No, he was a bonafide investor. I also know of at least one other. There's a LOT more money in this than the bullshit in the funding chart.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

No, he was a bonafide investor. I also know of at least one other. There's a LOT more money in this than the bullshit in the funding chart.

What's the private outlay amount? Ballpark?

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Lazrin posted:

too bad the biased commentary skews it rather than just being pure data.
That's a bad opinion and you should feel bad. How dare you insult Lord G0RF?!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
This might be more info than needed Mirificus. Not in a doxing way, but more of a why bother sorta way.

Edit: And of course Dsmart would then post his own. Alright thread, I'll see yah on Friday for the weekly delay.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

the one thing i can't get straight around here is, do you get more of an autistic boner when cig decreases the scope, or when they increase the scope of 3.0?

Big Bennies Bullshit Bonanza

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Kromlech posted:

:agreed: SC isn't going to blow up in some grand explosion, it is already dying a slow death and will just continue doing so until long after no one is paying attention anymore. The trickle of moron donations will keep the project going well beyond the attention span of anybody with reasonable expectation of an MVP.

This is easy to forget for those of us who frequent the forums and enjoy following this train wreck - SC has a much smaller footprint in the gaming community than its income levels would imply. Remember that in 2017 there are still people playing Istaria. Derek can attest that there are people playing Alganon. Those are the giants CIG is rubbing elbows against.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

If Derek going quiet for a week would get us another "Mission Accomplished" banner that would loving own.

Especially because it wouldn't matter that they have a couple dedicated lunatics lurking this thread, they'd refuse to believe we were doing it just to gently caress with them. Hell, Derek could probably keep posting here every day about how he's purposely doing it to gently caress with them and they wouldn't believe it.

Just probate him for a week.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Back in Oct 2012, Penny Arcade wrote this article.

That guy called it. He called it back in October 2012.

Why was the article taken down? I bet death threats.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Lazrin posted:

but props to gorf on the infographic, it's well done, accurate and informative. too bad the biased commentary skews it rather than just being pure data.

Honestly unless it's trains I can't get an autistic boner. Star Citizen I just have to punch myself in the junk to get going with. But in all seriousness I don't think there's a way to skew the data to be good, or else people wouldn't be picking at the "bias" of the commentary without explaining the good part of the data that's being allegedly skewed. "Here's what we promised" versus "Here's what you get" could have the history of ping pong written around it and it wouldn't change much considering how drastic the differences are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

fukken lmao at how big "BLOCKED" is on that word incidence chart.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

cig star citizen derek,
awesome players star games mmo,
lol derek, skibby lol derek.

It's like poetry.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Lazrin posted:

How do you know if Chris Roberts is lying?
His arms are moving! :haw:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Especially because it wouldn't matter that they have a couple dedicated lunatics lurking this thread,

Turn on your monitor. :boom:

:sandance:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

This is easy to forget for those of us who frequent the forums and enjoy following this train wreck - SC has a much smaller footprint in the gaming community than its income levels would imply. Remember that in 2017 there are still people playing Istaria. Derek can attest that there are people playing Alganon. Those are the giants CIG is rubbing elbows against.

Yup. In fact, the guys still playing Alganon are the reason I have it still running because they're paying the monthly server bills. We even get yelled at when the server croaks. :)

Star Citizen isn't even going to be like Wildstar. It's just going to disappear suddenly. No gradual burn at all. Mark my words.

Hav posted:

No clue. Source told me a couple of weeks ago that they were $285M in liabilities.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hav posted:

More than Clifford could afford

And that's saying a lot since he's in over 40k deep at this point I think

And having private investors makes this whole thing even worse of a poo poo storm

Not only can they fail to produce anything of note with 150 million , but they probably have another 10 or more million not even tracked

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

How do you know if Chris Roberts is lying?
His arms are moving! :haw:
How do you know Chris Roberts is lying?

You observe how the promises and claims he makes shift over time and differ dramatically to anything he eventually delivers.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
WTF is skibby?

Why are star citizen people always attacking goons for trying to hold CIG accountable using factual information :negative:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VealCutlet posted:

WTF is skibby?

Why are star citizen people always attacking goons for trying to hold CIG accountable using factual information :negative:

They don't approve of the Facts U Dislike campaign.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Sabreseven posted:

So have other people Crobblers, one is called Helion, one is called Empyrion, another is called No Mans Sky, there's one with goats in and there's even one that's called Elite and there's a good few more too. Aslo, there's nothing unique about a man who can defacate on his own gleefull mouth open supporters from the lofty and unearned height of the pedestal they place him upon.

This story of ridiculous sillyness will end at some point.
I mean one guy has done in a year what star citizen wishes it could be

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/875717459/1497238242

all its lacking are the pretty, pretty pictures

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"uh uh uh Star Citizen, release dates, features, give me money"

-Chris Roberts, known FUD spreader

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
What are the chances they'll show a "Road to 3.0" at Gamescom? It would be loving hilarious to see that but no release of the patch.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

blog blocked media star
bullshit abuse precisely citizen
lol feed project legal

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6o46n7/having_your_cake_and_eating_it_too_planetary_tech/

You know, Star citizen will easily reach 200 million in funding

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 20, 2017

Nov 24, 2014

notoriousman posted:

My favorite E:D critics are the ones with 800 hours sunk in and they regret every moment! This game is so shallow and lacking in content I dedicated an entire month's worth of time doing absolutely nothing!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Food chat for a bit, I just did a London broil top round steak with cheesy mash potatoes for dinner. It was so drat good.

That is all.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Viscous Soda posted:

Food chat for a bit, I just did a London broil top round steak with cheesy mash potatoes for dinner. It was so drat good.

That is all.
I'm eating a mexican pizza

its good

f u pizza haters

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

http://i.imgur.com/m9SkZWL.gifv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
LOL!! these loving clowns

http://massivelyop.com/2017/07/19/star-citizen-followers-react-to-server-capacity-star-system-count-news/#comment-445360

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

I'm eating a mexican pizza

its good

f u pizza haters

I abide, Mexican pizza is good.

The yogurt and blue-cheese give it depth.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Derek you can't just quote yourself from another forum into this one. You have to blog it first. Those are the rules.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Lazrin posted:

Here's a Pure Data edition, friend. Just for you.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

that last line owns lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Since some Shitizens have started that bullshit about how backers voted to increase the scope of the game back in 2013, I thought I'd pull this one out again.

Poll: Additional Stretch Goals

quote:

“That’s the third time you’ve posted the same link to the same poll, disregarding points raised that the poll data doesn’t show any consensus or agreement in any of the options, since not even a simple majority agrees on any one option despite each participant being allowed to select 3 options. Members of the active SC community were given 3 votes each and still failed to put any of the options above 40% support, which suggests that there is no majority support from the community for any of the expansion options.

If anything, giving people 3 choices each instead of 1 should have made it easier for any one option to hit 50%, but that still didn’t happen. All this shows is that CIG polled the community and then promptly disregarded the results, opting to proceed with their own plan instead, and certainly doesn’t support your assertion that the changes were voted and agreed upon by the community.”

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
bluntoze - MOP Kickstarter Donor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

G0RF posted:

lol