Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

What would be the best way to setup a Game for my daughter to play on splatoon? She likes just doing the intro where you shoot the balloons and paint the walls. Is there a way to try out a board and just shoot the walls solo play? Or a way to redo the intro?

I just got the game about an hour ago so if I am missing something obvious I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

badjohny posted:

What would be the best way to setup a Game for my daughter to play on splatoon? She likes just doing the intro where you shoot the balloons and paint the walls. Is there a way to try out a board and just shoot the walls solo play? Or a way to redo the intro?

I just got the game about an hour ago so if I am missing something obvious I apologize.

The overworld of single player doesn't have any enemies but it does have pits and edges. Also, the test range in the gun shop

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Hey all, I clicked to join the goon discord and I'm in the Auth Waiting Room. There aren't any pinned messages or anything, how do I get authenticated?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Akarshi posted:

Hey all, I clicked to join the goon discord and I'm in the Auth Waiting Room. There aren't any pinned messages or anything, how do I get authenticated?

I had this problem too. You need to allow users on the server to send you PMs.

Right click the server icon on the left > Privacy Settings > "Allow direct messages from server members"

Then you follow the bot directions. It'll send you a code via direct message with further instructions.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

badjohny posted:

Gun range has lots of high walls and respawning balloons.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Just preordered odyssey from best buy, they give you a $10 gift card for preordering and I couldn't find another deal on digital, so :yeah:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can you scout levels not currently in rotation?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Guys! I need help playing splatoon. Every time I go online I can't connect because of error code 2618-0516? Because of NAT traversal code.

Now, I have an airport 2 in my apartment, but I'm using the property owners a router (with his permission). After doing some googling, am I going to have to muck around with his router, or can I change my settings on my switch to get this to work? Any help so I can play this game would be awesome.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

NofrikinfuN posted:

My wife mentioned yesterday that Splatoon 2 doesn't show k/d anymore. I think it replaced the death stat with times you used your special.

If you really want to know 'd', it shows you in the Splatnet app.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If you preorder anything at Best Buy right now you get a $10 gift card, and with Gamer Club there's a 20% off, so every Christmas time game will go from $60 to $38.

:homebrew:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/887847249274970113

This would be an odd thing to obsess about, but then why does the official character guide make a point of it in the first place?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Pauline is actually a title, not her name

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

I like that you complained about people having blinders for a game company and then mentioned a Blizzard game.

They do online and accessibility very well! Nintendo does incredibly single player and the best local multiplayer but they are bad at online

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

LionArcher posted:

Guys! I need help playing splatoon. Every time I go online I can't connect because of error code 2618-0516? Because of NAT traversal code.

Now, I have an airport 2 in my apartment, but I'm using the property owners a router (with his permission). After doing some googling, am I going to have to muck around with his router, or can I change my settings on my switch to get this to work? Any help so I can play this game would be awesome.

You're going to have to muck with the crappy router. Yes I mean that Apple piece of poo poo that has caused endless headaches for me at work, they don't like to talk to anything.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

LionArcher posted:

That's a router problem. Turn on UPnP in the router, restart the router, then close and restart Splatoon. If that doesn't work, assign a static IP address to your Switch and set it as the DMZ.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That comic where the kid who's having fun gets yelled at still bums me out hours later

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/887847249274970113

This would be an odd thing to obsess about, but then why does the official character guide make a point of it in the first place?

Mario has a type and it's women with a name that starts with P

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

d for daisy is just an upside down P

R for Rosalina is just a P who's showing her gams.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ptoad.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pwaluigi

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
Is anyone hanging out in discord? How do I get access to the Splatoon rooms?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Nephzinho posted:

It is really good in Turf, but it is pretty bad in ranked.

Problem is that in order to get to ranked you have to turf

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

NofrikinfuN posted:

My wife mentioned yesterday that Splatoon 2 doesn't show k/d anymore. I think it replaced the death stat with times you used your special.

They did, but you can still see it in the phone app so you know who to blame for your loss.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GI_Clutch posted:

They did, but you can still see it in the phone app so you know who to blame for your loss.

Iceflame78

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Throw them in a literal trash compactor

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Lol at nintendo games never getting a price break.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Super Mario 3D World would be perfect for the Switch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Super Mario World would be perfect for the Switch

Agreed

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“CharlieFoxtrot”" post="“474625137”"]
Super Mario World would be perfect for the Switch
[/quote]

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

frodnonnag posted:

First party ones don't get them often, it's true.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ok I picked a Switch up for the second time after being one of the few who didn't fall in love with Zelda. I'm starting a new job with lots of downtime and the Switch is a lot more appealing as a work handheld with MK8 than it was as a console.

I haven't played MK since the SNES and it was the one game I really wanted. Only took about four matches for me to consistently finish near/at the top again. Thought I might get schooled online.

Also bought Splatoon but still waiting for it to download. I like strategic fpses but the style doesn't do anything for me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My local Walmart still has Mario kart Wii and Mario galaxy for like $30. They also have the PS2 GTA collection for $20. Its bizarre

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My local Walmart still has Mario kart Wii and Mario galaxy for like $30. They also have the PS2 GTA collection for $20. Its bizarre

Walmart is bad is why

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I used to live by a Walmart that had Samurai Warriors 3 for Wii still at $60, I think it's still there.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ok spla2n is cool too even though I already feel out classed by people who played it all day. For Honor flashbacks.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

didn't fall in love with Zelda.

I haven't played MK since the SNES

the style [of Splatoon] doesn't do anything for me.

I legit pity you.

In other news my wife just got a switch and having multiple docks throughout the house owns.

Wayne Knight fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 23, 2017

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Splatoon 2 is very very good and I am very very bad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why cant i use the y axis on r stick in motion controls again?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ok I picked a Switch up for the second time after being one of the few who didn't fall in love with Zelda. I'm starting a new job with lots of downtime and the Switch is a lot more appealing as a work handheld with MK8 than it was as a console.

Skype meetings is my primary mode of Switch play -- I'd love to buy ARMS or Splatoon but I realize I never play while I'm at home or near the internet. Just when I get roped into something that I need to pay just enough attention to to make sure somebody doesn't make a statement that derails everything.

Which is quite a lot.

I've been enjoying Isaac and Puyo Puyo Tetris and other grab-'em-and-drop-'em games quite a lot. 'cause they're portable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

frodnonnag posted:

There's literally a price break on one of the games in your picture

• Locked thread