Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean yeah there's definitely situations where bluetooth style cans are preferable, like being out and about, but i pretty much only wear headphones while at home so i guess it never really applied to me

Don't mind me, I just like teasing. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

haha no worries, i didn't take it personally or whatever. i just like talking about headphones because i'm a dork

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

wuggles posted:

The game takes pains to make you feel bad about things you could have done differently.

For more specific info, you can hold your instruction manual up to the light if you got the physical copy. It helps but it doesn't magically get you the ending because the good ending lies past some of the most stupid hard platforming/shooting I've ever played.

It's not really all that bad. You can even give yourself a slight extra edge by letting Curly keep her Machine Gun.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If you wear over-ear headphones in public you're going to look like a goober whether they are wired or not

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I enjoy the conversation where people discuss when playing a Switch in public whether the use of over-ear headphones will make any difference to how people are perceiving you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've tried using Bluetooth audio on my soundbar from an iPad and the sound was delayed by like, 1 whole second. Is that a thing with headphones?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

iajanus posted:

I enjoy the conversation where people discuss when playing a Switch in public whether the use of over-ear headphones will make any difference to how people are perceiving you.

The real secret is that you shouldn't care about what random people think about you.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Buca di Bepis posted:

I've tried using Bluetooth audio on my soundbar from an iPad and the sound was delayed by like, 1 whole second. Is that a thing with headphones?

no.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Andrast posted:

The real secret is that you shouldn't care about what random people think about you.

Correct :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

with high quality bluetooth headphones the delay shouldn't be anywhere near that bad, at least in my experience. can't speak for lovely bluetooth earbuds or whatever.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Am I just understanding things wrong or can I really not customize anything until level 4

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

you can't, but it takes very little time to get to level 4.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yeah I just got there. It just seems weird to throw newcomers into lobbies with level 10s and 12s who have customized weapons and I'm stuck using default everything.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Well, since Discord is gonna be the weapon of choice for online play, could I get a hand? I am sitting in the authorization room, trying to get authorization.

This poo poo is infinitely more confusing than any 3-connection diagram.

EDIT: The problem I'm having is that after typing in the random string, I'm still getting a failure message.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 24, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

iajanus posted:

Playing games on mobile devices?!?! Nobody does THAT in public!!!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Splatted by Aerospray MG!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The real truth of the matter is that nobody cares whatsoever as long as you aren't bothering anyone.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Vita also had a built-in microphone so you could do voice chat without even needing a headset.

So did the Wii U

Hypothetically

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah I just got there. It just seems weird to throw newcomers into lobbies with level 10s and 12s who have customized weapons and I'm stuck using default everything.

The game should in theory pair you up with players on your level, though it depends on what's available.

Note that the starter weapons are by no means bad, and some players will continue to use them in endgame, at least in the original. Clothing is an edge that you don't get til later, mind.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

raditts posted:

Playing games on mobile devices?!?! Nobody does THAT in public!!!

TFRazorsaw posted:

The real truth of the matter is that nobody cares whatsoever as long as you aren't bothering anyone.

TFRazorsaw gets the prize for being most correct here. Nobody in the real world gives a gently caress what headphones you're wearing unless they can hear your audio from across the room.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

The game should in theory pair you up with players on your level, though it depends on what's available.

Note that the starter weapons are by no means bad, and some players will continue to use them in endgame, at least in the original. Clothing is an edge that you don't get til later, mind.

Yeah, I was semi-decent at the first. I just don't remember it being like this.

I'm loving the second now. Friend me up, squidbros. SW-1155-3353-3726

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i downloaded yonder the cloud catcher instead of stardew valley for the switch

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well, since Discord is gonna be the weapon of choice for online play, could I get a hand? I am sitting in the authorization room, trying to get authorization.

This poo poo is infinitely more confusing than any 3-connection diagram.

EDIT: The problem I'm having is that after typing in the random string, I'm still getting a failure message.

Random string? Do you mean the thing you're supposed to put in your forums profile?

From the thread for the main Goon Discord:

IAmKale posted:

:siren: If you need help with !authme you can request help in the #bitch-whine-requests channel in SA Discord. :siren:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So someone found a infinite Food Tickets glitch and put it up on YouTube and suddenly I'm running into a lot more Max level people in ranked who suck rear end.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

Random string? Do you mean the thing you're supposed to put in your forums profile?

From the thread for the main Goon Discord:

Maybe I am just the ultimate Discord Grandpa, but I cannot find that channel.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Re game chat chat : If you have any of the Turtle Beach wireless headsets or similar that have the ability to connect your phone along with their connections to the wireless base station, you can have a true wireless setup when docked.

With my old rear end PX5's, I have the optical out on the TV (can use 3.5mm to RCA as well) to the base station and connect the headphones via Bluetooth to my phone.

It outputs both game and phone along with being able to chat in whatever chat program you want to use.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Maybe I am just the ultimate Discord Grandpa, but I cannot find that channel.

Looks like despite that message it's a channel that un-auth'd users can't see. I did not think to check that before quoting it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zelder posted:

It's your victory streak, every 5 points you get an exp bonus. Only applies to turf war. Winning gives you one point, losing docks you half a point. Max might be 15 but don't quote me on that

It goes at least up to 20 -- I got to 19.5 ("SUPERFRESH!") and fuckin' tanked back down to like 8 or 9. Once you hit 15, losses take two points away, but I think wins still get you a point.

Anidav posted:

So someone found a infinite Food Tickets glitch and put it up on YouTube and suddenly I'm running into a lot more Max level people in ranked who suck rear end.

I saw that, but I'm not even gonna risk it. What's max level anyway, 25?

enojy fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 24, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Peewi posted:

Looks like despite that message it's a channel that un-auth'd users can't see. I did not think to check that before quoting it.

Oh thank god. I thought I was suddenly the dumbest person alive.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

enojy posted:

I saw that, but I'm not even gonna risk it. What's max level anyway, 25?

They already fixed the exploit when I tried it again

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Max level is 30

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Pijeus posted:

Anyone who's played Cave Story know if it's possible to ferret out all the secret bits and endings and weapon combinations and such without using a guide? I bought it and got an ending, but it looks like there's more than that to it. I've really enjoyed it, can't believe it's been around this long and i've never played it before.

I hope you can find some kind of hint-walkthrough. There's no way a rational person is going to find all the secret weapons and true ending on their own.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

headphones sound a lot better than speakers unless you have high end speakers and a room that's set up right so i use headphones 100% of the time for all games and movies

even if you don't care about sound quality, being able to tell what's going on around you in games is pretty cool

Some of us have headphones that cost more than the Switch

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Team17Ltd/status/889476360074350593
Apparently that also includes Europe, since NoE retweeted that.

E: The game in question is Overcooked, coming this July 27th.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 24, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Please if you confirm the release date for a game, start your post with "[Game's Title] when!?" Followed by the information, followed by "[Game's Title] [Date]!"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Yessssssssssssssssss. Perfect timing to be hanging out with a group of 4 this weekend.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Buca di Bepis posted:

It seems like a lot of Bluetooth audio devices increase the buffer length depending on how strong they think the signal is. If I'm right next to my PC I get about 1/8 second of latency, just enough to piss me off. If I get far enough away for wireless to have a possible benefit over wired there's over a second of delay and it's totally unusable.

treiz01 posted:

Some of us have headphones that cost more than the Switch

most headphones do

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Rexroom posted:

E: The game in question is Overcooked, coming this July 27th.

Whoa, talk about "how to turn someone off with a trailer." I barely had enough time to wonder if this game would support online multiplayer or not, and it was over. An 18-second trailer where 13 of those seconds are not of the game. What the gently caress!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will it have online? I want to play that game but I don't have real friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i want to play all of the Castlevania games; on the Switch

• Locked thread