Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have played Salmon Run for the first time, and I already hate my team, all teams I will be on, now, and forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I'm at the back of the boss so I can hit its vulnerability not so you can shoot the front grab all the eggs and let me die to trash you garbage fucks

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Guy Goodbody posted:

That just made me really want a new Jet Set Radio Future game

http://puistokemisti.kapsi.fi/Splatoon/1435960683230.webm

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Wow, the weaponry for this salmon run kind of sucks, the jet squecher and splattershot pro fire rate isn't nearly enough at profreshional for clearing hordes.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dad Jokes posted:

profreshional

go and think about what you've done

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TFRazorsaw posted:

go and think about what you've done

The game itself makes that pun. :v:

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 27, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dad Jokes posted:

Wow, the weaponry for this salmon run kind of sucks, the jet squecher and splattershot pro fire rate isn't nearly enough at profreshional for clearing hordes.

There both fine you just have to remember that they are meant for range combat

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So now that I'm playing more ranked, I've realized that my motion controls are absolutely hosed. Half the time I try to pull off a maneuver to the sides, the motion controls start to drift instead of stop in place. Is this that Switch bullshit where the joycons are hosed (I got the neon yellow arms ones cuz I like the color and figured they'd have fixed this poo poo in them) or is it because I have more than 1 wi-fi device in my home?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I didn't grind any tickets help

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dad Jokes posted:

Both of those weapons have better range than average so they are good at killing steelheads and stingers from a safe distance. Remember that you have bombs though, with slower weapons they can be better for clearing out hordes of chum/small fry than just shooting. This mainly applies to the jet squelcher in this lineup.

Only weapon I don't like here is the N-zap cause its just a worse splattershot jr. in this mode.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Why do the flyfish always spawn across the grates at high tide... :negative:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Beakons almost feel buffed in the sense that hardly anyone seems to check their map. At least in the lower ranks.

We had 6 beakons out reasonably close to the zone and the opposing team never made any attempt to take any of them out.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

The game itself makes that pun. :v:

go and think of what Nintendo has done.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Crawfish posted:

Beakons almost feel buffed in the sense that hardly anyone seems to check their map. At least in the lower ranks.

We had 6 beakons out reasonably close to the zone and the opposing team never made any attempt to take any of them out.
This goes both ways... my teams never use my beakons. :(

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Do they turn up on the map for enemies any more?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It's intriguing how that one UI change can alter gameplay like that.

Blank Construct posted:

Do they turn up on the map for enemies any more?
I want to say they do.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I'm not a fan of this Salmon Run's weapons largely because they're overspecialized. A lot of range, not enough crowd clear, definitely feels like teams where everyone isn't super on the ball about killing things get overrun pretty quickly. I've had a bunch of games on profreshional where we just don't manage to clear enough out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

DaveKap posted:

This goes both ways... my teams never use my beakons. :(
It's not so bad. I've been leaving most of mine for me anyways.

Edit: Or not. Just lost a round of zones because the team continued rushing the front and ignored my convenient beakons parked out back.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 27, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Zekko, the name to seek if you want to look like a skateboarder but can't actually do a frontside ollie.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Got to Profreshional almost entirely in pubbie games. A team member dropped in the rank up game and somehow the 3 of us survived. Pubbies sometimes good?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I dropped rank for the first time :negative:

I was getting optimistic I was getting better at the game, I think I need to suck it up and get good at rollers because I have really bad aim

Dugong posted:

Got to Profreshional almost entirely in pubbie games. A team member dropped in the rank up game and somehow the 3 of us survived. Pubbies sometimes good?

I finished all 3 rounds my last 3 salmon runs with this current loadout with randoms at go-getter so yes we can be good sometimes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dugong posted:

If you get to Profreshional, you know what you're doing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Brushed up against Profreshional 3 times now (just 1 win away) before being battered down by extreme rounds and poor pubbies. I'll get there but tonight is not the night. *looks at schedule* gently caress, I don't know when the night will be, this is a loving awful schedule.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with Sloshers? My entite team got locked down in the spawn zone by two competent Tri-Sloshers. I was using the inkbrush and couldn't get anywhere near them.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Mr Phillby posted:

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with Sloshers? My entite team got locked down in the spawn zone by two competent Tri-Sloshers. I was using the inkbrush and couldn't get anywhere near them.

Trislosh loses range but covers a wider arc, so it screws paintbrush super hard.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you get to Profreshional, you know what you're doing.

Like heck I do :cry:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Well I still can't nail the Maws grenade timing :shrug:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Golden Goat posted:

I'm gonna try to stick with the motion controls, any suggestions for what sensitivity everybody sets each on to?

Assuming you're using the Pro Controller, ThatSrb2dude recommends setting sticks to -1.5 and then starting motion at -3 and working it up until it feels comfortable. If you're talking about handheld then I dunno.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I'm gonna spend some time farming coin tokens before I install this update. Already got 99 exp tokens so I don't have to do all that too thank god

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I set my stick and motion sensitivity on pro controller to 5 and beat the campaign that way and haven't looked back

The joy con stick sensitivity seems WAY higher even if the number is lower

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
WHY WONT PUBBIES PAY ATTENTION IN SALMON RUN

edit: WHY DO I KEEP PLAYING WITH PUBBIES

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 27, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

Looks like I'm gonna spend some time farming coin tokens before I install this update. Already got 99 exp tokens so I don't have to do all that too thank god

Don't waste your life on meaningless grinding like that. That's just sad.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

The Gorp posted:

Trislosh loses range but covers a wider arc, so it screws paintbrush super hard.
I guess next time i'll hang back and use my secondary/ pray my team takes care of them for me.

It would be nice if there was a way to switch loadout mid game or at least between matches, getting stomped on by the exact counter to your loadout is frustrating when you can't switch it up!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Rexroom posted:

What if 3 run speed subs on all of his gears gives his life meaning and grinding those coin tickets makes it less painful??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is the only way to get money/exp tickets Salmon Run now?

Meant to ask yesterday but when I was doing my speedruns (lol) to unlock the hero variation weapons I wanted all the tickets everywhere were grayed out. Really made me not want to get any more weapons in the future.

At least what happens when you fill out a weapon entirely is kinda funny. Sheldon says that he's going to get these to the assembly line now that you've focus tested everything. Gonna be so fun to build all these new guns!! ...Only when you talk to him in his shop you find out he got shut the gently caress down by the inklings so he's not allowed to actually make them. Instead he just paints normal weapons so they look like the hero ones :v:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

It's the easiest poo poo ever to do it while watching TV or something dude, calm your tits

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Escobarbarian posted:

It's the easiest poo poo ever to do it while watching TV or something dude, calm your tits

Well, you do you, but I'd rather just play the game rather than farm manually for something that in the end doesn't really matter that greatly. The game throws bucks at you enough anyway, and there's basically no reason to do rerolls anymore.

It's an exercise in futility.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I really feel futile about the like 2-ish hours it took to farm both to max while travelling/watching stuff I wouldn't be able to pay attention to properly were I playing the actual game, that took so little effort on my part I was basically doing it on autopilot. That's definitely worth getting judged on by some goon sperg. So glad you offered your opinion.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ok time to sound like a crazy but... there's no hacks for this game out right?

Had a match where a carbon roller was going super super fast somehow and he seemed to know where everyone on my team was at any and all times. Like at one point on starfish mainstage I was running across the grate over the water and he just happened to break away and ambush me despite the fact I did nothing to give myself away. Would shoot him with my minigun and just nothing could stop him. It was really REALLY suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, now that I got up to Overachiever in Salmon Run, Splattershot Pro and Jet Squelcher are pretty good. They're good at sniping Steelheads and such and just dealing with things from afar. Just hope that your close range fighters can help cover you if necessary.