Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Fooma posted:

Going in as Foomari if there's still space in the guild

sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Can I get an invite for MonkeysTheFirst please?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Please invite houseofthedad when you have the chance. Thanks.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Terrific Accident posted:

Please invite houseofthedad when you have the chance. Thanks.

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Can I get an invite for MonkeysTheFirst please?

sent

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I got the invite the rat

Thank you very much .

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Thanks.

What're the new OP skills in 3.0? Haven't looked into it much

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
my name is KSgoesBoom and I don't need an invite. I repeat, I do not need an invite

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

my name is KSgoesBoom and I don't need an invite. I repeat, I do not need an invite

I hosed up

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm playing wild strike. A goon posted a PoB earlier, and there's this build on forums: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929055

I've played frost blades and I can't say I love it - wild strike somehow just feels good and the clearspeed and single target are both good (if not godly). The only skill I find more satisfying than wild strike is Lightning arrow, and I've played that about 900 times.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I keep changing my mind about builds.

dingbat999
Feb 2, 2011
Could I get an invite as well? Character: Dhingy
Got it, thanks!

dingbat999 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 4, 2017

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
What's the standard for Elemental Overload again?

If you're already non-crit, will you have a decent uptime on a skill with 6% crit chance for it to be worth pathing over to Ele Overload if you can?

J
Jun 10, 2001

funmanguy posted:

Me too, I haven't ever been this indecisive this close to a league launch before. I've been trying to find other people's storm burst ideas as well as play around with it in pob myself but I always find myself not liking either the damage, EHP, or mobility.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think its basically "always" for non crit elemental builds assuming you path anywhere near it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

dingbat999 posted:

Could I get an invite as well? Character: Dhingy

sent

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

funmanguy posted:

Join me, and together we will make charged dash amazing! You can trust me I'd never steer you wrong.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I want a two hand axe build that bleeds people to death like a roided up gimli

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Was so sure of my starter, then got intrigued by that wild strike build. Hrm.

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009
Done, thanks TheRat!

I think I am going to try the lazy pally build to get back into the game for 3.0 since it seems relatively safe and straight-forward.

Ptolemaeus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 4, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ptolemaeus posted:

I'd like to get an invite under Groitgard if at all possible.

I think I am going to try the lazy pally build to get back into the game for 3.0 since it seems relatively safe and straight-forward.

sent

Ptolemaeus
Jan 17, 2009

Ptolemaeus posted:

Done, thanks TheRat!

This was supposed to be an edit and I am an idiot.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

funmanguy posted:

S A M E.

Dunno if I want to go Baron SRS, Dark Pact Skeles, or ED.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
How much did The Scourge cost last league? Is it a big ticket item?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Count Uvula posted:

How much did The Scourge cost last league? Is it a big ticket item?

It only drops from Chimera, a tier 16 map boss. Can't remember exact prices but judging by last league, it will be unavailable for the first week, quite expensive for the next couple weeks, affordable after that, and 10c by the end of the league. Apparently much cheaper than I remember. Might be quite different between HC and SC.

Mentat Radnor fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 4, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was selling Scourges for 9c on week 3 in Legacy.

I'm gonna do SR Inquisitor OR bleed sunder gladiator and wait and see how the new skills play out.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Man get ready for Beyond Thunderdome w/r/t guild invites.

If you don't play for 2-3 days at some point in the first two weeks of the league, expect that you wont be in when you come back

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Slaying enemies close together has a chance to summon monsters from Beyond Thunderdome.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

theshim posted:

Slaying enemies close together has a chance to summon a breach

A man can dream.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i wonder if i can manage to hit level 80+ this time around

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Skyl3lazer posted:

If you don't play for 2-3 days at some point in the first two weeks of the league, expect that you wont be in when you come back

i logged in like a week ago would i have been purged

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Scourge should be a lot cheaper also because it was mostly only used in poison builds and the double dipping there is gone now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Skyl3lazer posted:

Added this to the OP for the first couple of weeks.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
If you want a really cheap league starter that still melts bosses on a 4L and aren't jumping on the SRS Baron bandwagon, you might want to check out Elemental Animate Weapon

Here's the character I played in Breach until I had to stop due to work (played maybe a week and change pretty casually, made it to T14 maps?) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Grizlor8/characters?characterName=KickInTheDoWavinTheFoFo

This is gonna look like a bunch of nonsense that doesn't make sense, but the cornerstone of the build is that AW has ridiculous added damage scaling and victario's uniques are extremely good at buffing minions and grant reduced reservation. You can run Anger/Wrath in it and get +1 gem level 30 generosity and 30% reduced reservation. plus some bonus aura effect and radius. In addition you can still shield charge with Necro Aegis and your dudes killing poo poo will spam frenzy/power charges on your entire party.

Defenses were unfortunately 5k life and blasphemy enfeeble, but most stuff doesn't live long enough to kill you, unless you are dumb and get instagibbed. The Victario's chest bonuses also apply to blasphemied curses via the reduced reservation and increased radius!

Required uniques:
Victario's Influence (several of the bonuses also work on blasphemy)
Victario's Charity (grants you frenzy charges, possible CWDT phase run setup for defense to make enemies ignore you and help you flee)

Nice to have:
The Sorrow and the Divine (regens your ES as you have EB/MOM, also heals your dudes a bit)
Nycta's Lantern (pseudo weird 5 link SRS in a +2 to get rolling on trash, could be on a swap). They convert 50% phys to fire, and it also gives 63-94 added fire, and you get level 10 fire pen on it. I used a +3 fire sceptre. 3 link SRS will get you going on any map.
Rotgut has some potential but I like phase run
Cold damage either on selfcast or CWDT or attack, to proc EE for fire/lightning. Remember, we have both flat ele auras in generosity, so we shouldn't be doing any fire/lightning unless you somehow get it on your gear. I somehow got ok gloves with flat cold.
1-2 of the animate weapon jewels. I used one, but you can get another by the resist nodes near scion. 1 is good since you're near Charisma anyways and it helps you get going faster due to your totem having more potential weapon types to use

How it works:
Cast your auras and golem/whatever, desecrate, flesh offering, and clear a couple packs. Toss down your AW spell totem (damage penalty does not matter at all for clearing). This should get you about 5-10 weapons in any map with good quantity, which should be enough to not have to cast SRS again for the rest of the map unless you really gently caress up. From here just shield charge around dropping your totem when you encounter large packs, and occasionally pause for 2s to let your ES recharge (this usually happens while looting) or hit your ES regen flask. When you get to a boss door, refresh your buffs and swap spell totem for WED or Multistrike. If it's a single boss, I guess you could drop the melee splash for both. Charge it to get fortify and apply EE, and it should die in 5 seconds. Complain about boss health vs rewards.

Ultimately you're just a support that maintains a lot of targets to support. People in groups will love you unless they somehow are running some weird poo poo where your auras will gently caress with them or they do cold damage and you accidentally EE their poo poo, but in all honesty nothing will live long enough for people to complain.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM or ask me ingame. The one people are gonna ask is probably "don't you miss out on so many chromes and 6 sockets" and the answer is gently caress that inventory clogging garbage, not thinking about it so much is liberating

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 4, 2017

Stannum
May 8, 2005

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Here's the character I played in Breach until I had to stop due to work (played maybe a week and change pretty casually, made it to T14 maps?) https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Grizlor8/characters?characterName=KickInTheDoWavinTheFoFo

Your profile has been set to profile, can't check out your character. :/

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Stannum posted:

Your profile has been set to profile, can't check out your character. :/

Fixed, sorry!

Edit: Also the flasks I'm using are pretty bad, they're just whatever I was able to grab in standard. You'd definitely still want a bleed immune and curse immune flask.

Cory in the Blouse fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Aug 4, 2017

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx
Doesn't AW totem indiscriminately hoover up 6s items? I'd be so sad to lose 7 jewelers.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

I think I want to start this league using sunder as my main skill.
I just can't decide between bezerker and gladiator. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be better?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

LeninVS posted:

I think I want to start this league using sunder as my main skill.
I just can't decide between bezerker and gladiator. Anyone have any thoughts on which would be better?

Glad is tankier, berserker is more dps

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can someone point me toward a build that isnt particularly reliant on specific gear

ive really hardly played this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Katasi posted:

Doesn't AW totem indiscriminately hoover up 6s items? I'd be so sad to lose 7 jewelers.

It does, but then so does the weirdo CWC version, You can still manually cast it by removing spell totem, and it doesn't delete your existing dudes, Replacing the spell totem gem with say, WED almost doubles their damage since you lose the 21%ish penalty and gain a the multiplier of the new support.

I like free jewelers as much as anyone. Thankfully the build is effective without a 5/6L!

If you pick up one more 4% reservation node from the build I was running, you should be able to use arctic armor and reserve 99% of mana, so that's pretty helpful too!