Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Looks like I got removed from the guild since I took a month or two break while waiting for this patch -- could I get a reinvite please if there's any spots left?

Current character logged in right now is Aeronnar

Thank you!

Edit: Thanks! Got in.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Would I be okay with taking any totem-based build I find and removing the totems from it and running with that? I just hate totems but half the drat builds out there use totems

Lektor
May 1, 2013
Hey I got removed as well could i get an invite for LektorsLegacy

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

whalestory posted:

Would I be okay with taking any totem-based build I find and removing the totems from it and running with that? I just hate totems but half the drat builds out there use totems

Not really, the trees are generally fairly different. What totem builds do you see? Off the top of my head through only really popular ones are Ancestral, Siege, and then like 1 frostbolt build.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

whalestory posted:

if you find a way to use ancestral warchief without the totem, let me know, ill be all over that

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Like I want to try a flameblast build or something. It's just my hatred for totems that make all the totem builds i see on the poe forums stand out to me and i make a scratch in the wall for each one

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Osci posted:

Could I get an invite?

ign: Whowhut

Aerox posted:

Looks like I got removed from the guild since I took a month or two break while waiting for this patch -- could I get a reinvite please if there's any spots left?

Current character logged in right now is Aeronnar

Thank you!

Lektor posted:

Hey I got removed as well could i get an invite for LektorsLegacy

Sent. As of this post there are 19 spots left in guild. Expect them to fill up before we go live. or very shortly thereafter.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game really could use league-specific names.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

funmanguy posted:

if you find a way to use ancestral warchief without the totem, let me know, ill be all over that

Same except Siege Ballista. 170% base damage, half attack speed, and a jewel for LMP with only a small reduced damage? I'd play nothing else.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

Except what happens when the league merges to standard?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

let me just carry a grandpa totem on my back that smashes poo poo around me as i run

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

queeb posted:

let me just carry a grandpa totem on my back that smashes poo poo around me as i run

Reverse Izaro/Lady of Justice setup?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Really want to do ancentral warchiefs but I did fire totems last league.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

euphronius posted:

Really want to do ancentral warchiefs but I did fire totems last league.

do it, its my favorite totem build since it feels a bit more visceral.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
My last character was bv poison and the one before that firestorm. I'm feeling like a bow build this league. It sounds like they're either poison or elemental also usually?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

queeb posted:

do it, its my favorite totem build since it feels a bit more visceral.

that "bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam" sound is oddly soothing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's geared totally different from flame totems right ?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nice reddit thread skyblazer

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6rkl0x/note_harbinger_is_pronounced_har_bin_jer_there_is/

sure hope you liked the endless reddit memes in your inbox lol

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Mr. Despair posted:

that "bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam bam" sound is oddly soothing.

I was just about to post exactly this. I love the sound of warchief. It was really confusing when I was doing EQ though, because my gigantic earthquake would go "pff pff pff" and then I'd throw up the warchief and suddenly we're in a goddamn foxhole outside of Da Nang getting shelled by the Viet Kong.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

So to confirm: any "increased" or "more" gem won't affect the ignite*, but both flat added (Added Cold, Herald of Ice, etc), and the % addition (Hatred etc) will boost ignite damage if those sources ignite? So these gems will boost the base damage of the hit and cause the ignite to hit for more, whereas stuff like PPAD will only affect the hit?

*: unless they're generic or ailment or elemental or minion or whatever.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
How do Microtransaction items work? If I buy one do I have permanent access to it? Like if I got some armour skins, could I reapply that to different items whenever I want on any character?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How do Microtransaction items work? If I buy one do I have permanent access to it? Like if I got some armour skins, could I reapply that to different items whenever I want on any character?

Yeah, the only restriction at this point is that the skin can only be in use on one character at a time.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
There are also a few smaller ones that are one-use only. Fireworks for example.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I know this has probably been recommended/asked 30 times already, but what at people rolling with for league starters? What's looking like the meta right now or is it way too tough to tell between beta/release?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

it way too tough to tell between beta/release?
that one

read the last two pages

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

elemental seems like the meta now. im starting warchief since its pretty strong without any special gear

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Katasi posted:

Sent. As of this post there are 19 spots left in guild. Expect them to fill up before we go live. or very shortly thereafter.

Can I get an invite for Rapner please?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
No one really knows what the meta will look like with any certainty. You can make educated guesses about berserkers/raiders/inquisitors/whatever, but there are two new acts that may have new mechanics that no one has seen, we are all going in somewhat blind.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rapner posted:

Can I get an invite for Rapner please?

sent

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katasi posted:

Except what happens when the league merges to standard?

Do what every other game does when name conflicts happen and prompt you for a rename.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its me, the guy playing for half a decade with a bunch of three letter names, game of thrones characters, and the name Lowtax

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

Do what every other game does when name conflicts happen.

...Is there actually a solution you're alluding to? I've never played a game that allowed name conflicts.

Edit: you edited after I posted. I guess prompting for a rename would work. That said, since they built this system from the ground up, they're never gonna change it now. That poo poo is almost certainly way too buried in the code.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elentor posted:

Do I have to start messaging Elenton#2342 in that scenario?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Katasi posted:

...Is there actually a solution you're alluding to? I've never played a game that allowed name conflicts.

Server merges in MMOs happen all the time. They prompt you to a rename. If you don't care about your standard dump characters you can have Name00001 with a free rename pending for it whenever you want to use it. That's really all there is to it.

There are plenty of ways to solve it but seeing as they had database issues with the MTX system I'm not very hopeful they'll ever get to it.

TheRat posted:

Do I have to start messaging Elenton#2342 in that scenario?

Not really, no.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Elentor posted:

Server merges in MMOs happen all the time. They prompt you to a rename. If you don't care about your standard dump characters you can have Name00001 with a free rename pending for it whenever you want to use it. That's really all there is to it.

There are plenty of ways to solve it but seeing as they had database issues with the MTX system I'm not very hopeful they'll ever get to it.

I like how we just had a redundant conversation because of :ninja: edits.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

some people seem really gumpy that they aren't creative enough to come up with cool fresh names every league

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elentor posted:

Not really, no.

So when I message someone with a conflicting name, does it go to both? Will I have a three way conversation? Am I no longer allowed to talk to people on a different server?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

So when I message someone with a conflicting name, does it go to both? Will I have a three way conversation? Am I no longer allowed to talk to people on a different server?

WoW allows you to message people in other servers by following this rule: If you message someone with just the name, it tries to message that person on your server. Otherwise you add -servername. So therat-standard. Since "-" is an illegal character you don't even have to change that rule in PoE.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Mr. Despair posted:

some people seem really gumpy that they aren't creative enough to come up with cool fresh names every league

TyrionLannisterBigDick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Mr. Despair posted:

I really blow at coming up with names, maybe I am not creative