Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I can't check the patch notes now, is there anything in there that explains why my level 70 Templar has apparently completed all the new acts already?
They granted full game completion to everyone done with blackguard mission in Merciless iirc. Why are you bothering with non-temporary character anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Thanks for murdering the game rodent. :argh:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
drat u ggg

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
"We have encountered a server issue"

No poo poo.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not that it's any secret the server's down, but:

@PathOfExile posted:

We've encountered a server issue and are restarting the realm. We apologise for the inconvenience.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pathofexile.com%2Fforum%2Fview-thread%2F1931435

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm in a queue now

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Same, also someone on my Discord did joke "the Oriath has fallen". :classiclol:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

NecroMonster posted:

so how is the new league?

I ask because i have a level 67 skelly-mage a mancer who's already (nearly) fully geared out on standard i'd maybe like to gently caress around with instead.

the new league is way better than standard

also level 67 and fully geared lmao

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the new league is way better than standard

also level 67 and fully geared lmao

fully geared to use skeleton mages

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

skeleton mages are bad and so is standard

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Standard is fine, but i recommend joining us in the new league

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they've been buffed and i want to see what the buff amounts to ok

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

NecroMonster posted:

they've been buffed and i want to see what the buff amounts to ok

cool, let us know what you find out

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I still can't enter the ships graveyard zone. it just hangs indefinitely on the loading screen. Did the realm go back down?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got in for about 3 minutes and now im disconnected and cant log in again

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
Yup it's down again https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/893592170283675648

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The realm is now down. We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

From their twitter

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
And up again.

Shoulda named my character yoyo.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Due to very high player load, we have had two full realm crashes so far. We will put a queue in place (to keep player numbers at safe levels) while we investigate the problem. We are very sorry about the inconvenience, we understand this isn't how you want to enjoy launch day! More updates to come as we solve the problem.

From bex on reddit

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
Where is my whale fast lane? :smugdog:

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

Ougher posted:

Wings equipped = fast lane.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I've always wondered what "Hold on while we work on adding capacity" means. Are they optimizing the code to be slimmer and thus support more players? Likely not. Are they running out to Best Buy and grabbing a few desktops to link into the internal server farm? Are they frantically calling up their external server farm and reserving more boxes?

What are they doing?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arsonide posted:

I've always wondered what "Hold on while we work on adding capacity" means. Are they optimizing the code to be slimmer and thus support more players? Likely not. Are they running out to Best Buy and grabbing a few desktops to link into the internal server farm? Are they frantically calling up their external server farm and reserving more boxes?

What are they doing?

It's the last one.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
How exactly do you use the new skill tree planning system ingame? Thought it might be ctrl/alt/shift clicking but apparently not.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the last time I played this I just felt dumb as hell because of how big the sphere grid is and trying to remember how the currency works

im gonna try it again tonight tho

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Server is making GBS threads the bed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eonwe posted:

the last time I played this I just felt dumb as hell because of how big the sphere grid is and trying to remember how the currency works

start queuing now and maybe you will get in by then

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Made it to the front of the queue and the server died again. :(

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I logged in and killed a few things.

And then it died.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

redneck nazgul posted:

I logged in and killed a few things.

And then it died.

Same.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

eonwe posted:

be ready to not try it tonight. also now there are sphere grids within the sphere grid

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

chris_wilson posted:

While we're certainly not blaming this for the problem, some of the load is caused by community members relentlessly spamming our ladder API with various tools. We'll be blocking this to reduce the load. Please be considerate of the rate limits that you apply to your usage of APIs, as they can affect game performance for everyone.
I want to stress that this isn't the core problem. It's just making it worse. We're still working on finding the root cause.

"We're not blaming this, but we kind of are a little bit."

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
NERDS!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ougher posted:

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
While we're waiting for the servers to stop making GBS threads the bed, someone help me decide if I should keep going with Sunder or do an RF Scorching Ray build... Seeing ZiggyD's build in path of building, it gets to almost 600k dps on 8stage pretty easily, whereas equivalently geared sunder gladiator probably around 80k. Is the clear speed going to be massively different? SR definitely seems like it will be better against the massive HP map bosses.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
seriously

temp ban anyone who's dropped less than 1K on this game, tia

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Artificial Idiocy posted:

While we're waiting for the servers to stop making GBS threads the bed, someone help me decide if I should keep going with Sunder or do an RF Scorching Ray build... Seeing ZiggyD's build in path of building, it gets to almost 600k dps on 8stage pretty easily, whereas equivalently geared sunder gladiator probably around 80k. Is the clear speed going to be massively different? SR definitely seems like it will be better against the massive HP map bosses.

i would go with scorching ray purely because i'm not a fan of melee (i realize sunder has a ranged component but still)

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
scorching ray & righteous fire iron will inquisitor is a sick build, gently caress however ziggyd is doing it. all you need is a Doon's and a Rise of the Phoenix and a buttload of strength

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

funmanguy posted:

be ready to not try it tonight. also now there are sphere grids within the sphere grid

ill probably bug you on steam from time to time if thats ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I'm going out to dinner and a movie with my wife right now, so I'm glad I'm not missing much. Hope everything straightens out for you all though.