Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I have the same dream, and then I always end up taking them down and then continue to hit them ineffectively :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I used to have those dreams quite a bit.

Now I know there's a man who lives it every day. Poor Paulie Malignancy. :(

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I also have the version where I'm trying to run but it's as if I'm trying to run through molasses, and also the version where I have a gun and can't get it to shoot. Also where I plug in my guitar to melt some faces and can't get a sound to come out.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I have dreams where I keep shooting terrible takedowns over and over and the guy effortlessly stuffs them but refuses to punch me.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

1st AD posted:

I have the same dream, and then I always end up taking them down and then continue to hit them ineffectively :smith:

That's pretty weird you dream your are Jacob Volkmann

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bluedeanie posted:

That's pretty weird you dream your are Jacob Volkmann

shut up or i'll give you a glassectomy

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I dreamed a dream so big and loud
I punched his face he don't fall down
Waaah oh oh oh oh oh aaah oooh

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:same:
That's interesting. I wonder if it's more common among combat sports people.

It's gotta be. I've never had a lot of power, so being ineffectual with my punches in dreams is not as big of a deal.

I'll just use The Secret and Stoicism to move past all that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1zyVGooNME

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Someone do some dream analysis on us asap

I didn't know it was so common. That's cool and creepy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someone do some dream analysis on us asap

You're all impotent

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:same:

That's interesting. I wonder if it's more common among combat sports people.

I used to have it a lot, it was normally back at school in a class room setting. Then I started training instead of just watching and I haven't had it since.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I used to have it a lot, it was normally back at school in a class room setting. Then I started training instead of just watching and I haven't had it since.

Your overconfidence is astounding.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

My version is playing football - everytime I go to kick the ball I'm too off balance so I just run alongside it forever...

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
* trying to punch someone, but no power behind punch
* trying to run away from someone, but can't get any speed
* discovering that I'm naked in public
* it's the first day of school and I don't know what/where my classes are
* it's the last week of school and I've just realized I didn't attend a single class

I love giving myself anxiety while I sleep -- it's so relaxing!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You forgot teeth falling out

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

My recurring underlying anxiety theme in dreams is that often I have an important task or goal but find myself completely unable to complete it. Usually this comes in the way of not being able to find the location of a person or point of interest, for example I will have to take a report down a hallway but when I get to the end of the hallway it doesn't lead to where it's supposed to and I have to find some other way to go, only for that to lead to a different wrong location.

Normally I'd say this is a silly derail and not participate but I genuinely find it more interesting than anything any of us could possibly say about the fight at this point.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

* it's the last week of school and I've just realized I didn't attend a single class

This one still loving gets me every couple of months.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I smoke weed every day and never dream

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Gay Horney posted:

I smoke weed every day and never dream

That's because you're already living the dream

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
- Trying to stop my car and it won't stop, usually followed by going off a ledge of some sort
- Can't land a punch, and when I finally get a takedown, I end up on bottom and can't breathe
- Stuck in a class on the last day of the semester that I didn't know I was supposed to be attending and I can't drop it

And sometimes I dream my family members have called out a hit on me. That's a fun one.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
poo poo the gently caress up everyobe

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Work Friend Keven posted:

i tried making a dumb mma joke and people just kept describing their incredibly humdrum dreams

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

U maaad

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I had a dream that the best boxer in the world scheduled a fight with some other athlete who had never fought a pro boxing match and everybody was really excited about it for some reason, also in this dream the president of the usa was reality tv star donald trump

Jump King fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 9, 2017

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Looks like there are some pretty huge whales who think a bet on Mayweather is free money.

https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/895067912708382722

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tbf they're right

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

quote is not edit

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I live in Vegas and basically never gamble and even I'm thinking of putting :20bux: on Floyd for the hell of it.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Rigel posted:

Looks like there are some pretty huge whales who think a bet on Mayweather is free money.

It is free money

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I had a dream last night. I woke up peeing myself. I went back to sleep without cleaning myself or my sheets. I was content to sleep in my pee pee.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rigel posted:

Why is this interesting? It's obvious if you aren't some broke brained MMA fanboy.

Also, people who aren't complete idiots, just average idiots, are probably putting a cheeky 5er on Connor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why is this interesting? It's obvious if you aren't some broke brained MMA fanboy.

Yeah, do other serious mismatches produce different ratios of heavy bets on the favorite vs many tiny bets on the dog?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's interesting because it's interesting to see these kind of figures. Interesting doesn't imply surprise or disbelief or anything like that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/VasylLomachenko/status/894991628510912512

wonder if conor could keep a straight face while telling people he beat this dude in sparring

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Lomachenko deserves a loving money fight tbh.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Finally got some sparring footage

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/895331403776249856

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://twitter.com/VasylLomachenko/status/894991628510912512

wonder if conor could keep a straight face while telling people he beat this dude in sparring

The odds of Conor getting KOed in sparring and the fight getting cancelled just went up

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CommonShore posted:

The odds of Conor getting KOed in sparring and the fight getting cancelled just went up

Nah he wouldn't get KOed he would just quit

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

attackmole posted:

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

attackmole posted:

I mean, I agree but...There's nobody out there for him to fight.

• Locked thread