Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Playing Severed with a stylus might be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is "tabletop mode" something that people actually do outside of promotional trailers

I don't do it myself, but one of my friends said he uses it all the time when he brings the switch over to his friends and they play something. Apparently it's more stable on the little stand than it feels (which that thing feels very unstable imo).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I will be so very very happy when there's Metroid on the switch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The stand is perfectly stable unless you're on a bus or turbulent plane or something.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The stand is fine but the viewing angle is a little too low for me to be useable most of the time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Improbable Lobster posted:

I will be so very very happy when there's Metroid on the switch

Well Metroid Prime 4 was already confirmed as something that's being developed. Though not by Retro Studios, so I'm interested who the new development team is on this title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gotta give people leeway as this is the first time it's coming out on a gaming platform people actually own.

Lots of people own Androids and iPhones

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Well Metroid Prime 4 was already confirmed as something that's being developed. Though not by Retro Studios, so I'm interested who the new development team is on this title.

F-Zero too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Edit: Now I just realized that they are playing Super Mario Odyssey co-op, which turned out to be an actual thing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's the same lead guy though isn't it? That's promising at least.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: Now I just realized that they are playing Super Mario Odyssey co-op, which turned out to be an actual thing

Switch Rooftop parties are the new Video Armageddon. Except all the big debuts to take place there.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I was thinking about the upcoming NWC and how they will probably show off a new game for the finals. I'm thinking it might be Pikmin 4. It was mentioned earlier in the year that it was almost finished and I remember people really liking the Pikmin 3 multiplayer.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Lots of people own Androids and iPhones

Ehhem, I said *gaming* platform.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mario Kart 7? What is this bullshit!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ehhem, I said *gaming* platform.

It's also on 3DS!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Frankston posted:

It's the same lead guy though isn't it? That's promising at least.

The same lead guy that also lead Other M which this thread hates, but yeah.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Switch Rooftop parties are the new Video Armageddon. Except all the big debuts to take place there.

If I was a young hip urbanite that lived in a building where you could hang out on the rooftop, I'd play vidgams there all the time

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

It's also on 3DS!

You got me there. I didn't know it was on 3DS.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He was a producer on a lot of Nintendo games, including the Metroid Prime series and DKC: Tropical Freeze.

Even if I don't like some of the games he's helped produce, I can't complain that any of them felt unfinished or unpolished.

VVVVVVV Also that, though this guy produced Sticker Star and Color Splash so I'm still not keen on him

Ventana fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 8, 2017

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's not the same guy. From what I checked all we know about prime 4's team is that the producer is Kensuke Tanabe who produced the 3 main prime games as well as the new donkey kong games and a bunch of other stuff. Other M was produced and directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. Sakamoto is the producer for samus returns though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

raditts posted:

If I was a young hip urbanite that lived in a building where you could hang out on the rooftop, I'd play vidgams there all the time

I live in Texas so if I tried this during the summer my Switch might melt into my hands.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sam Faust posted:

It's not the same guy. From what I checked all we know about prime 4's team is that the producer is Kensuke Tanabe who produced the 3 main prime games as well as the new donkey kong games and a bunch of other stuff. Other M was produced and directed by Yoshio Sakamoto. Sakamoto is the producer for samus returns though.

Luckily it's a remake so I doubt returns will have the same problems

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spacebump posted:

I live in Texas so if I tried this during the summer my Switch might melt into my hands.

Arizona and :same:

Not to mention glare making it impossible to see anything. Bring on those beautiful long winter nights!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Color splash is really good

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Arizona and :same:

Not to mention glare making it impossible to see anything. Bring on those beautiful long winter nights!

Well of course you'd do this in the evening, nobody has a daytime rooftop party!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

Color splash is really good

It is. It's a shame how overlooked it is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know guys a blue puppet who saw the trailer said it was bad and that Nintendo was hurting him

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't know guys a blue puppet who saw the trailer said it was bad and that Nintendo was hurting him

Cookie Monster?

Grover?

... Gonzo?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Cookie Monster?

Grover?

... Gonzo?

It's a youtuber that uses a puppet to explain his bad points.

Edit: This guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/ArloStuff

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wonder what they'll be pushing at NWC '17, the first sold a ton of people on Mario maker.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Saw someone draw that motherfucker during splatfest.

He liked mayo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can tell he's never actually worked as a puppeteer for Jim Henson Productions.
It's too bad, because his gimmick would be really good if he watched how pros make them emote

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I wonder if rocket league will be at the 2017 NWC.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ventana posted:

VVVVVVV Also that, though this guy produced Sticker Star and Color Splash so I'm still not keen on him

A metroid where all the NPCs you talk to are metroids.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DalaranJ posted:

This would be good actually.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I played a heap of Wonderboy last night and can confirm it is quite fun, although jesus christ trying to play with the original graphics in some sections is a nightmare of colour

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Motto posted:

Wonder what they'll be pushing at NWC '17, the first sold a ton of people on Mario maker.

Mario Maker Switch

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

DalaranJ posted:

Electric Phantasm posted:

This would be good actually.

Toads are boring. Metroids are cool.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rexroom posted:

https://twitter.com/brawloutgame/status/894935473885519872

The Smash Bros clone from the folks behind Smash Bros Melee mod Project M will also appear on the Switch "late 2017". Hooray?

hmm do i wanna play as a bunch of furries or hyper light drifter...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ventana posted:

Color Splash is good so this sounds like good news

• Locked thread