Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I do remember saying something like that to both you and Pod recently - I love to get all analytical on the game but not till I actually have poo poo to work with. D1 usually doesn't have that. This time it did though.

And FF5 didn't have that?

Bifauxnen posted:

or, you know, instead of trying to go "she's scum cause she gets analytical on D1 instead of D2" or because I make X number of posts, you could try reading and judging the content

I think you come off weird in the Little Mac and you exchange. But I like your posting style in general, and your content in general, so that makes it harder for me to identify you as scum without looking for differences in meta. Maybe I rely too much on that in general, but hey, it has done ok by me so far once all is said and done.

FWIW, I can't imagine a situation where I vote you d1 though short of a smoking gun. If I'm wrong, you'll be taken out by the scum team eventually. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If Jeabus can explain hisself I will consider it.

KB, it's not so much 'hen Bif gets analytical. It's more, 'does she read like someone trying to solve the puzzle with no/limited information.'

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

KB, it's not so much 'hen Bif gets analytical. It's more, 'does she read like someone trying to solve the puzzle with no/limited information.'

this is a good take, can you go re-read the opening game now with that in mind?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I am also considering voting 8bux for asking so many, many questions.

Normally I like linking to specific posts but I don't want to break windows so go nuts kids.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Hey don't knock the questions. It's the best way to get people to make connections to people.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I'm asking these specifically because I'm not feeling those votes on Little Mac that popped up all of the sudden. It's hitting my gut.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, rereading you didn't really change anything for me. I still like most of your posting until the little mac thing and that wasn't THAT horrible. It's mostly my meta read of you that is pinging me. Again. :)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I think a more townie reaction in this situation would have been thoughtful concern over reading people as town too easily for simply knowing flavor. Not this angry "lol so you guys think you're all confirmed town now?! Well NO MORE TOWNIE FEELS FOR YOU NOW, I'M GONNA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME"

##vote Little Mac

This vote is really far away from how I interpreted Little Mac, I'm not a fan.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Little Mac

If I made three sarcastic posts in a row about something I genuinely was annoyed at, as Little Mac has said, my response to being called out about that with a "the lady doth protest too much" would immediately be "yeah I've already told you I'm annoyed as hell by this hence my rapid fire posting about it," not "lol you think I'm mad??? Not at all" followed by random insults and THEN a statement of "yeah I'm annoyed because x so sue me"

Yet another post about the appropriate level of mad/annoyed Little Mac should be. What does this have to do with alignment?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
@Bif
just lol again that you're trying to argue with Little Mac like he's Beet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

@Bif
just lol again that you're trying to argue with Little Mac like he's Beet

I thought he fell way short of matching Beet actually

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought he fell way short of matching Beet actually

well yeah, Beet's one of a kind

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

now Ninth, on the other hand...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Eight Dollars posted:

I'm asking these specifically because I'm not feeling those votes on Little Mac that popped up all of the sudden. It's hitting my gut.

It's white noise and you were doing the same earlier about Hats.

Who is scum and why?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Eight Dollars posted:

Hey MMT, what do you think about Max and pera? I promise I'll look at Quid tomorrow while I'm at work as payment.

Max: null-lean-town. He hasn't done anything that's given me a strong alignment read either way but that isn't abnormal for d1.

pera: null-lean-scum. She's been posting in the thread but her only real "this is who I think the scum is" case is agreeing with an already established case on Little Mac*. She way she's sort of commenting on random goings-on makes me feel like she's looking for stuff to say, but not necessarily trying to find scum.

*I don't buy the Little Mac case at all and feel like the people pushing read as scummier than he does.

King Burgundy posted:

If that is the case, who are the scum that are using it to drive a miscuddle?

At the time it was more of a hunch - like as a rule if a d1 case is so good that no one seems to be disagreeing with it, I'm skeptical of it.

While I wouldn't call it "trying to drive a miscuddle" since people have more or less backed off of it I'd say I'm suspicious to some degree of all of Bif, Asiina, and Quid (all of whom said they thought the Jeabus case was good).

I'm off to bed but this has been a really fun d1 so far :j:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

While I wouldn't call it "trying to drive a miscuddle" since people have more or less backed off of it I'd say I'm suspicious to some degree of all of Bif, Asiina, and Quid (all of whom said they thought the Jeabus case was good).

you're not suss on Birb who also thought the Jeabus case was good? Seeing as he made the case.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

you're not suss on Birb who also thought the Jeabus case was good? Seeing as he made the case.

Yeah, my gut says that Birb is town who made a case that was good but wrong, and I suspect that at least some of the people who jumped on it with "hey yeah that is a good case!" are opportunistic scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im at work and havent been able to check thread since page 10 when i get home tonight about 11ish i will catch up and give thoughts/reads and readjust prior reads as appropriate

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

It's white noise and you were doing the same earlier about Hats.

Who is scum and why?

There's a lot of quiet people that I want to hear from, but right now I'm not feeling good about pera, basically for the reasons MMT said. And that "3P" part for her vote post for Little Mac doesn't sit well with me.

Other than that, I'm not used to Asiina being so quiet and not reading other people. I also want to hear more from TMM, since after his earlier bad vote he hasn't talked about much and the part that he did was hedging.

Also it's not white noise at all :mad:

Also also thanks MMT! I'll return the favor tomorrow.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
yeah TMM is bad

do better TMM

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

MMT you are harping on something that has absolutely no merit to my case whatsoever. I've already said that I haven't really reviewed all the N0 setup spec stuff and have been looking more at what people are saying about it / each other because I think that's more useful. You are picking some Hats quotes that are before the delineation I posted of my suspicion, which again, timeline wise goes like this

-[everything about N0 that I guess Hats was involved in and which I haven't read at all]
-People start earnestly casing people based on the N0 speculation
-Hats makes a statement about the current cases which I saw as being very hedgey
-I call Hats out on this
-Hats and other people make more statements
-I ask Hats if he is new scum to gauge his reaction
-Other people say Hats is not new, Hats says he is more often awkward as town than scum
-Other poo poo has also happened at this point so I have at this point cooled on Hats because I actually buy what he's saying and there's also new, more engaging discussion. I say as much.

So no, the posts I've already said multiple times I haven't read and which didn't influence my decision...didn't influence my decision? Like maybe we're just not on the same semantic page here but I cannot think of any reason you keep saying it's suspicious I am not talking about an interaction point that I didn't consider at all when looking at the poo poo that was happening more live in front of me. Yeah maybe I should go back and read it but I've cooled on Hats and already said why, why am I going to go back on D1 and look for a smoking gun on someone I'm not feeling is guilty now?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also I legitimately think this is the best case I've made so far:

Quidthulhu posted:

Your standard scumgame is also to magically appear whenever your name is mentioned :allears:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I don't think I will vote to dunk Bif today. Instead I will subject her to a more prolonged... suffering.
:getin:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't like him sucking up to me,

Oh get over yourself, my saying I like your case work is not sucking up to you :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think I will vote to dunk Bif today. Instead I will subject her to a more prolonged... suffering.
:getin:

what suffering this game's going great

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh get over yourself, my saying I like your case work is not sucking up to you :v:

who do you think you are, Captain Daniels

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yet another post about the appropriate level of mad/annoyed Little Mac should be. What does this have to do with alignment?

Because most people who don't have something to hide are more likely to be bluntly honest about the tone of their play if they are actually annoyed and not faking it.

But really to me the more damning thing is that Mac comes off as incredibly annoyed but when people say that's scummy he denies being annoyed until he uses that fact to his advantage to prove a point. That's scummy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

what suffering this game's going great

who do you think you are, Captain Daniels

I still have no idea what happened in Myst except pera demanded I keep a secret I revealed 2/3rds of due to a behind the screen dice roll I was not told was going to happen, and also I shot a really good arrow

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Speaking of games I paid zero attention to, that recent game (FF5?) where Bif claimed Miller and got a ton of heat D1, was she actually a miller or was she scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I still have no idea what happened in Myst except pera demanded I keep a secret I revealed 2/3rds of due to a behind the screen dice roll I was not told was going to happen, and also I shot a really good arrow

you should read my handy recaps then!

Quidthulhu posted:

Speaking of games I paid zero attention to, that recent game (FF5?) where Bif claimed Miller and got a ton of heat D1, was she actually a miller or was she scum?

hahahahahahahaha

it was the King Ratben game actually, you should read that too

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bah, MMT went to bed. I wanted her response to my response.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

you should read my handy recaps then!

hahahahahahahaha

it was the King Ratben game actually, you should read that too

Were you scum?

I don't even know what alignment I was in that game, lol

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Were you scum?

I don't even know what alignment I was in that game, lol

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Bifaunxen, Jai Alai, scum-aligmed reverse dEATH MILLer broke her PR despite her genuine emotions of missing drowned in pussy juice
also she needs to finish her LP

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Bifaunxen, Jai Alai, TOWM-aligmed MillER who needed punishing for breaking PR so I faked flip knowing the game was already over (check the rules)

drowned in pussy juice posted:

probably bif because apparently saying she missed me continuously was too hard and that obv hurts

i'm still laughing so hard it hit the death miller scum, I had no idea who it was for at the time I suggested it

Bifauxnen posted:

I was only openly flouting the rules to get Birb to kill me for the reasons you did not read

I was also not actually a death miller scum, which you also did not read

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Was that even a mafia game

I lost interest in it because it seemed like it was rapidly descending in to "not mafia"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I lost interest in it because it seemed like it was rapidly descending in to "not mafia"

it was a perfectly normal Mafia setup just in a goofy flavor package what is so hard about this

also most of the town (except Anidav, unfortunately) was just not posting, which included you buddy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Quidthulhu posted:

Bif was a town miller. It was a vanilla game apart from town having a voyeur, scum had a roleblocker and there was a 3P jester. There were a bunch of anti-cop roles but no cop but you would have knOWM TIHS IF YOU pLAYED YOU GRABAGE

ffUUUU

sLASHER hAWKE HAS ARRVIDE

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

aw gently caress, I forgot I wanted to try fakeclaiming miller sometime, as town

then if anyone was an idiot and investigated me anyway they'd be hella confused

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

aw gently caress, I forgot I wanted to try fakeclaiming miller sometime, as town

then if anyone was an idiot and investigated me anyway they'd be hella confused

Probably think you were a godfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably think you were a godfather.

hm, good point. I'd try and argue why the hell I'd try and get myself NOT investigated if I was a godfather, but I doubt that'd go over well as a "what would I do as scum" argument. Oh well.

what's up Hal, what do you think about this D1 so far

• Locked thread