Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

MMT you are harping on something that has absolutely no merit to my case whatsoever. I've already said that I haven't really reviewed all the N0 setup spec stuff and have been looking more at what people are saying about it / each other because I think that's more useful. You are picking some Hats quotes that are before the delineation I posted of my suspicion, which again, timeline wise goes like this

-[everything about N0 that I guess Hats was involved in and which I haven't read at all]
-People start earnestly casing people based on the N0 speculation
-Hats makes a statement about the current cases which I saw as being very hedgey
-I call Hats out on this
-Hats and other people make more statements
-I ask Hats if he is new scum to gauge his reaction
-Other people say Hats is not new, Hats says he is more often awkward as town than scum
-Other poo poo has also happened at this point so I have at this point cooled on Hats because I actually buy what he's saying and there's also new, more engaging discussion. I say as much.

So no, the posts I've already said multiple times I haven't read and which didn't influence my decision...didn't influence my decision? Like maybe we're just not on the same semantic page here but I cannot think of any reason you keep saying it's suspicious I am not talking about an interaction point that I didn't consider at all when looking at the poo poo that was happening more live in front of me. Yeah maybe I should go back and read it but I've cooled on Hats and already said why, why am I going to go back on D1 and look for a smoking gun on someone I'm not feeling is guilty now?

Quidthulhu posted:

I am not trying to throw shade on you, I am continuing to point out that you are nitpicking and asking questions that don't jive with...anything that's important? I would have thought you would have dismissed this whole thing as "ok so clearly we misunderstood each other" but the fact that you're continuing to push this narrative of my faking content here when I've clearly laid out for you my thought process three times....I think it's you who's faking content, MMT.

##vote MMT

quid is doing what quid always do. i don't think he's wrong and i think casing him off that is goofy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
These posts do not seem like they could be very relevent to anything. They do not ping my Scumdar and I can't guess who you might be voting for from reading them (I have not looked at the votes yet). I will try to see the point when I read everything. Thanks for the response anyway.

Strikes me as sincere. I do not feel suspicious of Gif based on reading these posts.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think that's what you're doing. I think you are harping on people for not having perfect composure in their replies, the points you've made are completely subjective and have almost no bearing on alignment.

That is ridiculous. I have said multiple times I was suspicious of Mac because he acknowledged his clear annoyance only when it was convenient to bolster his argument, when it weakened his position he pretended it wasn't happening.

That isn't about having a single reaction I didn't like, that's about trying to form a positive narrative for yourself. There's a huge difference.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Apparently not everyone thinks we are susp for working hard!!

I mean our game to work together finally and not have you just lurk or me fakecasing you! Whatever happens in the wider game at least we had this moment

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

I figured out that gif probst may be John Cena? Anyway something pinged me about him yesterday but I can't remember what.

I also think Glowku is putting on a show of how much he's not playing which is something I find pretty scummy.

that's kinda glowku's postus operandi.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think that's what you're doing. I think you are harping on people for not having perfect composure in their replies, the points you've made are completely subjective and have almost no bearing on alignment.

wrong! = scum?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Birdstrike posted:

folks I have an idea

MMT are just going to keep doing this until they get a room, but all the sleeping cars on this train are full, so

let's make a room for them

THUNDERDOME Quid vs MMT who is with me?

That is not what a Thunderdome is, man. You can only call a Thunderdome if you're going into the Thunderdome yourself, on someone who you are so sure is Scum that you put your life on the line.
You do not run Bartertown.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Haha yay Bif respects me as a mafia player now :sun:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

FURTHERMORE:

This is a "me too" observation.

This is basically a me-too of what Somber just discussed

This is fully a me too with no alignment call at the end.

This is fully a me too with no alignment call at the end.

Quid immediately rushes to discredit my opinions after I voted him. Classy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

The Ninth Layer posted:

Quid immediately rushes to discredit my opinions after I voted him. Classy.

have you been hit in the head

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why would I let what at face value looks like a lovely rear end half baked completely hypocritical case about myself stand without debunking, especially when I know I am town???

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lumpen posted:

That is not what a Thunderdome is, man. You can only call a Thunderdome if you're going into the Thunderdome yourself, on someone who you are so sure is Scum that you put your life on the line.
You do not run Bartertown.

but who DO run bartertown 🤔🤔🤔

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Haha yay Bif respects me as a mafia player now :sun:

Hey I forgot to ask, what was that dice roll thing in Myst you were taking about before? It sounded like fun gossip

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

The Ninth Layer posted:

I found myself agreeing with most of what Murmur Twin had to say about Lord of Hats and disagreeing with Bif and Bird suggesting she's running interference for him. I do think Lord of Hats is scummy for focusing on a flavor flip that would be fairly easy for scum to talk about but I don't get the impression there was some huge agenda behind that discussion or that Hats was trying to mislead/distract with that conversation. Likewise I don't see Murmur Twin as stepping in to shield Hats, it's not like he's some overwhelming suspicion target.
I read Lord of Hats post but nothing else you've mentioned and this post seems disingenuous in the italicized part, I don't think you really think that. *ping*

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Lumpen posted:

Bah gawd that's LUMPEN'S music!

Hi friends I have read nothing yet please tell me what is relevant so far in the form of bullet-pointed links. Each player please give me up to 3 post-links that they consider the most damning and scumtellery or relevant to the gamestate, that nobody else linked to. I will read these first and then as I have time catch up on the whole game with the unique perspective tinged by those posts to guide my Scumdar.

Bif re-votes me because he "wants to find out if my setup spec is legit or not"

Bif says that the scum are lining him up for a vote d2 when I flip town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey I forgot to ask, what was that dice roll thing in Myst you were taking about before? It sounded like fun gossip

Oh pera just made a big deal in my character sheet about NOT REVEALING MY SECRET and then when I was not in chat someone mentioned mothers and I failed a secret dice roll that I didn't know was going to happen and she had my character make a face, basically putting me down the path to revealing my secret without my consent!!!

I was annoyed but I didn't understand how the game was gonna work I guess :shrug:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

That is ridiculous. I have said multiple times I was suspicious of Mac because he acknowledged his clear annoyance only when it was convenient to bolster his argument, when it weakened his position he pretended it wasn't happening.

That isn't about having a single reaction I didn't like, that's about trying to form a positive narrative for yourself. There's a huge difference.

Being annoyed in a Mafia game has nothing to do with alignment though. So who cares how up front Mac was about how annoyed he was? What does that have to do with alignment at all?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

I read Lord of Hats post but nothing else you've mentioned and this post seems disingenuous in the italicized part, I don't think you really think that. *ping*

I'm phone posting so I have to be a bit economical with language, I think the italicized portion of that quote would be a better argument than the one actually advanced on Hats.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

She, btw. I don't normally bother correcting but I may have confused you when mentioning my character before. I'm not a guy but my guy is a guy

Also lol at people trying to scrape up whatever they can off that "scum lining me up" post, it was a direct response to Birb asking "what I would do" if you were town, so that's what I'd expect to be doing

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Bifauxnen posted:

She, btw. I don't normally bother correcting but I may have confused you when mentioning my character before. I'm not a guy but my guy is a guy

Also lol at people trying to scrape up whatever they can off that "scum lining me up" post, it was a direct response to Birb asking "what I would do" if you were town, so that's what I'd expect to be doing

Ah, poo poo, sorry. I'm usually careful to avoid that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ah, poo poo, sorry. I'm usually careful to avoid that.

No apology needed just correcting my own misinformation!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Someone show me the most opportunistic bullshit disingenuous shade thrown so far.

Someone tell me who seems to be generally accepted as Town so far but doesn't deserve that cred.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Being annoyed in a Mafia game has nothing to do with alignment though. So who cares how up front Mac was about how annoyed he was? What does that have to do with alignment at all?

Are you reading what I am saying?

Little Mac did the following:

-INSISTED he wasn't annoyed
-Turned around and said "of course I was annoyed" when it helped his argument

That's a contradiction. It doesn't matter what it was, it shows he's flip flopping to attempt to make the narrative show him in a better light.

He could have easily have done the following

-INSISTED that tomatoes aren't fruit
-Turned around and said "of course tomatoes are a fruit" when it helped his argument

Yes, feeling tomatoes are or aren't fruits doesn't mean you are scum, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Ninth Layer posted:

If Quid is correct, the point is LM was lying/changed his story. That very much has to do with alignment. It's actually the only point in that whole thing I can kind of see.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Quidthulhu posted:

when

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm phone posting so I have to be a bit economical with language, I think the italicized portion of that quote would be a better argument than the one actually advanced on Hats.
In that case your posts are very unclear about what exactly you're arguing about the alignments of the people you've mentioned. Maybe it's the lack of context, but are you calling Hats Scum or Town or just being hedgy as gently caress? Going back to "agreeing with MMR" and "disagreeing with Bif and Bird" please parse that into explicit alignment reads for me, if you contend your post was Scumhunting-related.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Little Mac posted:

Like how do you read that as "angry" rather than "flippant?"

Is this the post you're reading as the "annoyed" post?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidthulhu posted:

I haven't read the posts referenced, but I don't like this post one bit. Not a good case, feels fake.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Quid here feels like town Quid, although I don't really agree with his cases I can understand them.

I also agree that TNL's case is bad. A bad case doesn't necessarily mean scum, but I don't like how he tried to discredit Quid defending himself from a bad case.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
FYI it's dota time now and I'm here off and on and will try to pay attention closer to deadline, but no promises.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lumpen posted:

Someone show me the most opportunistic bullshit disingenuous shade thrown so far.

The whole exchange with me and MT, but especially this:

Bifauxnen posted:

MT do you believe I have not scumhunted sufficiently in this game

Murmur Twin posted:

As I mentioned before, no I don't. I think you're trying to get Hats lynched without making any effort to determine his alignment, and I feel like that last block of quotes I just posted backs me up.

Lumpen posted:

Someone tell me who seems to be generally accepted as Town so far but doesn't deserve that cred.

Hal isn't generally accepted as town so much as he's generally excluded when bringing up lurkers, but thats the best answer I can give in the spirit of the question. All the more active people seem to have a good mix of supporters and detractors.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This was my original point about LM's behavior:

Quidthulhu posted:

##vote Little Mac

If I made three sarcastic posts in a row about something I genuinely was annoyed at, as Little Mac has said, my response to being called out about that with a "the lady doth protest too much" would immediately be "yeah I've already told you I'm annoyed as hell by this hence my rapid fire posting about it," not "lol you think I'm mad??? Not at all" followed by random insults and THEN a statement of "yeah I'm annoyed because x so sue me"

And it was based on my read of the following:

Little Mac posted:

Like lol if you think any of you are confirmed town or some bullshit. I'm not jumping on some dumb train. I will say, however, being "Vengeance-aligned" should have (TOWN) right next to it.

This is clearly an annoyed post and Bif comments on LMac's behavior:

Bifauxnen posted:

it's not that knowing the flavor makes you confirmed town, LMac. It's how you observe people trying to use it, trying to suss things out. For example, you just dropping it in a big steaming pile here to make everything obvious for everyone now seems to be a scummy use of it.

Which sends him in to the rapid fire "annoyance" I was talking about, three posts in a row:

Little Mac posted:

"make everything obvious"

Like it was a secret or something? lol

Little Mac posted:

drat scum little mac you gave away the game that we're town by saying the name of the town alignment WHAT A SCUM IDIOT

Like, what are you even talking about?

Little Mac posted:

I would presume that a large portion of the game is Vengeance-aligned and knew what you guys were talking about. I would also presume that scum knew as well. Like, all of this discussion seems specious at best. The alignment is confusing but I don't see it as a way to confirm or not confirm anyone who has talked about it thus far.

Bif votes, commenting on his anger:

Bifauxnen posted:

I think a more townie reaction in this situation would have been thoughtful concern over reading people as town too easily for simply knowing flavor. Not this angry "lol so you guys think you're all confirmed town now?! Well NO MORE TOWNIE FEELS FOR YOU NOW, I'M GONNA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME"

##vote Little Mac

LM says "I'm not angry man"

Little Mac posted:

I think the fact that you're believing each other to be cleared could very easily bite us in the rear end late in the game. You're reading anger when there is none. I just think your "strategy" is pretty loving dumb. I'm vanilla so killing me won't hurt the town much, though.

Reinforces it here:

Little Mac posted:

lol "went off"

You're very bad at reading tone.

And FINALLY we get the real reason he's actually mad:

Little Mac posted:

I claimed vanilla lol

I may or may not have a Shine power. It's well known that I hate being vanilla.

So maybe I was reaching there but on my initial read of it happening in almost real time I read this as "Of course I'm annoyed in this game, I'm Vanilla"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal isn't generally accepted as town so much as he's generally excluded when bringing up lurkers, but thats the best answer I can give in the spirit of the question. All the more active people seem to have a good mix of supporters and detractors.

I agree with this.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Are you reading what I am saying?

Little Mac did the following:

-INSISTED he wasn't annoyed

That's a contradiction. It doesn't matter what it was, it shows he's flip flopping to attempt to make the narrative show him in a better light.

He could have easily have done the following

-INSISTED that tomatoes aren't fruit
-Turned around and said "of course tomatoes are a fruit" when it helped his argument

Yes, feeling tomatoes are or aren't fruits doesn't mean you are scum, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

This is an exceptionally bad analogy. Emotional states are a far cry from fruit classifications. Also unlike tomatoes, emotional states tend to fluctuate.

I've already addressed this too. When asked "u mad bro" most people aren't going to respond with "yeah I'm really mad!" even outside of the context of playing a game in which players have to lie.

You're rolling with an assumption here that I don't think is true at all.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Quid here feels like town Quid, although I don't really agree with his cases I can understand them.

I also agree that TNL's case is bad. A bad case doesn't necessarily mean scum, but I don't like how he tried to discredit Quid defending himself from a bad case.

??? I pointed out how he took the rest of my post unrelated to him and tried to discredit that too.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

This is an exceptionally bad analogy. Emotional states are a far cry from fruit classifications. Also unlike tomatoes, emotional states tend to fluctuate.

I've already addressed this too. When asked "u mad bro" most people aren't going to respond with "yeah I'm really mad!" even outside of the context of playing a game in which players have to lie.

You're rolling with an assumption here that I don't think is true at all.

Uhhhh whenever I'm clearly posting in a rapid fire "I'm pissed manner" if someone goes "man you're upset" I'm gonna go "YEAH I'm loving UPSET" because I'm in the middle of being upset

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But even if you disagree you just completely blew up your own argument by stating that you think I'm just making an incorrect assumption. You didn't just say you think I'm pushing a false narrative assumption to my advantage.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

Uhhhh whenever I'm clearly posting in a rapid fire "I'm pissed manner" if someone goes "man you're upset" I'm gonna go "YEAH I'm loving UPSET" because I'm in the middle of being upset

You're not everyone.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidthulhu posted:

But even if you disagree you just completely blew up your own argument by stating that you think I'm just making an incorrect assumption. You didn't just say you think I'm pushing a false narrative assumption to my advantage.

I'm phone posting on a bouncing bus forgive me for not taking the time to call you scum in every post.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
OK, all caught up again. Effortposts coming in but in the meantime:

peramene posted:

I did, and it's backfired mildly. I'm useless d1. I've shared what I thought and I've answered critiques. Nothing else is really all that compelling so far.

This is kind of a meta call but I find it nearly impossible to believe that you have no opinions on a pages-long argument (the first of its kind I think?) between me and bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

OK, all caught up again. Effortposts coming in but in the meantime:

This is kind of a meta call but I find it nearly impossible to believe that you have no opinions on a pages-long argument (the first of its kind I think?) between me and bif

This is a good point I'll admit

• Locked thread