Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

ending up vote leader for a while on D1 despite lots of participation

Btw what happened to people looking at tpink as a good lunch candidate? He'd be my next choice after Hats

people decided that post quantity wasn't a good reason to lynch/not lynch people given anti-lurker rules, for the most part

posting a lot and trying to Run The Thread isn't a lockdown town look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

I believe you misread that, wouldn't be the first time

it's true in a vacuum either way :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in case u forgot

Birdstrike posted:

I don't think I will vote to dunk Bif today. Instead I will subject her to a more prolonged... suffering.
:getin:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Captain Foo posted:

posting a lot and trying to Run The Thread isn't a lockdown town look

True, but in the immortal tradition of Gaspy I will always believe that seriously trying to lunch me on day 1 is immensely short sighted at best.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bifauxnen posted:

True, but in the immortal tradition of Gaspy I will always believe that seriously trying to lunch me on day 1 is immensely short sighted at best.

is this supposed to say anything useful at all

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Birdstrike posted:

Of the three vote leaders gif was more likely to be scum given his less substantial efforts and hedging of his cases.

Like what did people think I was going to vote for Bif?
This was more or less my thought process, until pera was brought up and I gave her another look.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok I gotta drive for a bit so here's my updated suspect list, scummiest at the top, weakest suspicions at the bottom:

Hats
MT
tpink
pera
Foo
Mithross
LMac
Somber

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

Like the END end :v:

Oh btw you had barely dropped off the bottom of my earlier list last time cause you were around and talking but I think I'll slot you back in now - on the bottom though, no biggie

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok I gotta drive for a bit so here's my updated suspect list, scummiest at the top, weakest suspicions at the bottom:

Hats
MT
tpink
pera
Foo
Mithross
LMac
Somber

That doesn't look like the bottom to me. I want a refund.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
##vote Hats. Ok with pera too.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

I actually have a breather from this nightmare day of work yaaaay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Birdstrike posted:

Of the three vote leaders gif was more likely to be scum given his less substantial efforts and hedging of his cases.

Like what did people think I was going to vote for Bif?

you have a LOT of hedging in your posts tho.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Somberbrero posted:

you have a LOT of hedging in your posts tho.

I switch targets more than hedging.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Can someone explain why everyone is so set on pera? What am I missing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
This peramene bandwagon seems sudden. Mithross is the only one with even a justification based on a specific post. What's the case in 3 bullets? I am convincable.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It's actually spelled Pera

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't want to vote for peramene.

Also birb is the towniest person in this goddamn game.

Feel free to quote this when he ends up scum, idgaf.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Bifauxnen posted:

Hats
MT
tpink
pera
Foo
Mithross
LMac
Somber

Disagree with you on MT and Foo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have probably 15-20 minutes before the next dotes games start.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i may be back just at deadline but i'm out for now. i feel p deece about my vote on bif

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asiina posted:

I have probably 15-20 minutes before the next dotes games start.

don'ta

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This International has had some good individual games, but overall it's been disappointing.

Most of the teams left are Chinese teams and I'm a racist who wants white people to win the video game tournament.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Real talk, I don't feel strongly enough about anyone to not vote them to prevent a no lynch, but I'd prefer not to vote pera, Quid, MMT, and Birb.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Also Somber's case on Birdstrike is real bad

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

This International has had some good individual games, but overall it's been disappointing.

Most of the teams left are Chinese teams and I'm a racist who wants white people to win the video game tournament.

What would Lin-Manuel say about this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm also happy with my Bif vote. It will be a shame to lose a prolific poster, cause dead games suck and I don't want this to turn into that, but I think she's a scumbo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

What would Lin-Manuel say about this

I think he'd be okay with it because as a whole, Chinese dota is really boring.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Asiina posted:

反清复明
Down with the Manchu
Restore the Han

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

pera please update that one important stat on my character sheet from 1.99 to a 2.5.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

pera please update that one important stat on my character sheet from 1.99 to a 2.5.

God, I still have stuff to write for Myst.

I'm just the worst.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Video game is gonna start in about 5 minutes. Anyone have any questions for me about this here mafia game?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

peramene posted:

but also you are so stuck!!! on me!!! what's the deal with that??? I mean it's totes cool if you really do think I'm scum but as far as I can see my crimes are hating day 1 and participating/posting with little-to-no value (as is, imo, everyone else) and not buckling under lukewarm pressure. like maybe i am wrong even, maybe i misread something as jeabus insists (tho i doubt it), but as folks reiterated like eight times, wrong != scum

but on day 1 what's anybody gonna do

hates day 1, posting a decent amount but with no real value, and admits it, but doesn't see why that's wrong?

peramene posted:

tpink said hi so they seem pretty cool, birb is classy - kinda mean in this game and I'm not sure why??? - bif is of course one of my favorite people ever

oh you mean their alignments

bifrb are posting a LOT which has been lovely, but it's pretty null af without anything substantial. they play off one another well and are entertaining to watch

by contrast tpink has posted less and hasn't stood out as egregiously one way or the other, I wouldn't want to commit, but anybody that says hi and posts at all even though they hate day 1 oughta get through it imo

from a metaperspective, bif and birb must always be read very very carefully as they are masterful liars and manipulators but spoiler warning I'm probably gonna fall for whatever bullshit hypothetical-scum-bif and/or hypothetical-scum-birb have their hypothetical scumbuddies pull in order to distract me

I still think blowing the name of (or one of) the town alignment was a bad idea and flagrantly against the spirit of the game (see the op) but also the way folks have responded to it has really thrown me for a loop.

the manic pixie dream girl of mafia list concerning these three is as follows: bif < tpink < birb, with an admitted bias against "please post my cheesecake you binch" birb because jesus christ i cannot read this guy

I'll also be pretty useless against you and against Lumpen

(Bolded for emphasis)

Bif/Birb have been posting a lot, but apparently nothing substantial? You could maybe say that about birb, but bif has posted a good amount of substance. Maybe not six loving pages of substance, but there's absolutely a good chunk of substance in that entire thread of posts bif has written us.
(I guess it's possible she's just pointing out that posting a lot is a null tell, and isn't refering to bif having/not having substance, but if that's the case that post is either misleading or pointless)

peramene posted:

as I depart I will be gone until approximately-exactly one hour before deadline, as a show of good faith ##unvote and "Hmm."

with such a huge game my recommendation/thought would be to narrow the prospective list to the above eight people and suss out what to do with our shot in the dark, I will begrudgingly vote if/when there is a simple majority but obvi I have no interest in leading any charges myself or pretending anything happening on day 1 has any meaning on day 1

This still reads to me like someone who knows their posting is different from usual (because they're scum), and are trying to cover it up to prevent a meta read.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

TMMadman posted:

And I'm always amused when people take an honest statement and try to twist it to suit their needs. Why does that last post hit your gut? Maybe other people don't see it the same way, but I feel what I said there was an honest assessment of my play.

That's just an example of the kind of posting I'm talking about. You're posting so much about how you post and your meta and it doesn't sit right with me. It feels like talking a lot but continuing to be

Lumpen posted:

This peramene bandwagon seems sudden. Mithross is the only one with even a justification based on a specific post. What's the case in 3 bullets? I am convincable.

Basically it all stems from her vote on Lil Mac, which is bad but the more important post is here. Then doubling down with not talking about anything outside of D1 being bad (which is it, but there's been a lot of stuff so far to reach for). When pressed she gets floaty and puts down a lot of "don't knows". Plus the Mithross post.

Asiina posted:

Real talk, I don't feel strongly enough about anyone to not vote them to prevent a no lynch, but I'd prefer not to vote pera, Quid, MMT, and Birb.

What's your take on Hats Asiina?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Video game is gonna start in about 5 minutes. Anyone have any questions for me about this here mafia game?

Liquid vs VP who you got

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Don't see myself voting for Bif today. I'm not really feeling Hats either but I'll look over him and probst.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

You beat me to it Mith

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Don't see myself voting for Bif today. I'm not really feeling Hats either but I'll look over him and probst.

I still really wish we could compromise and lunch tpink

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If people don't want to do TMM today I'd do gif or pera or tpink.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

I still really wish we could compromise and lunch tpink

I'm OK with that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think that pera case as spelled out by Mithross is pretty good and something I might go for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Let's see what happens if I do this

##vote tpink

• Locked thread