Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
1. Revolution
2. Topple

also, I don't think I got added to the captain list?

tatankatonk posted:

Great LP! Can you add me to the list of prospective captains? Ship preference is a mainline combat vessel, the bigger the better, named Ocean. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
That proposal looks ok, though I'd suggest a equal 3 way Sorium split between Mars, Earth, and whoever ends up winning the revolution. :ssh: It might be us.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Remember, all Earth really wants is Sorium.

So offer them cheap Sorium (we had enough production before now, we don't super need Saturn's production), and joint disclosures on everything found on Pluto.

What Earth DOESN'T want is: disruption to Sorium production.
Another bunch of malcontents to manage 50 billion miles from their nearest base.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I don't think Earth actually knows or gives much of a poo poo about Pluto. Apparently they've been markedly less interested in anything beyond the Asteroid Belt recently. Almost like they think they think Solar real-estate is gonna be worth a whole lot less soon or something...

Totally unrelated, but those energy spikes from Mercury have been awful weird lately :crossarms:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Crazycryodude posted:

I don't think Earth actually knows or gives much of a poo poo about Pluto. Apparently they've been markedly less interested in anything beyond the Asteroid Belt recently. Almost like they think they think Solar real-estate is gonna be worth a whole lot less soon or something...

Totally unrelated, but those energy spikes from Mercury have been awful weird lately :crossarms:

We DID just light it up like a Christmas Tree.
They probably know now. And it'll make Earth less inclined to kick off a shooting war if they know we're not getting a leg up over them (while we re-arm).

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

It was.... 86 seconds of a super bright radiation burst, then it went away according to Saros. Weird as gently caress, yeah, but also explainable by mundane means easier than "aliens did it." Earth might be a little curious, but I very much doubt they'll dedicate significant time or resources to the most recent crackpot conspiracy theory about aliens when they've got their FTL program maybe even just weeks from their first jump.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jack2142 posted:

Why don't we just ask them why they are on the way to Saturn before doing anything much less negotiating the partitioning of the Outer Solsys.
This! Seriously! The thread went from "we have nothing to fear, we did nothing wrong" to "let's throw half the Saturn system at Earth to avoid getting wiped" seemingly on a whim and it's baffling. Talking to Earth instead of assuming their intentions in various ways sounds like a good idea at this point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're probably underway to reclaim property from a rogue corporation.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
1. Revolution
2. Topple

We cannot afford to destroy vital infrastructure and poison relationships with Earth when the Lizardmen from beyond time and space will soon be invading us for our precious bodily fluids sorium! :freep:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
^^^
See, this I respect. I don't agree with your conclusions but I totally respect your reasoning for it.

TheWetFish
Mar 30, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

frankenfreak posted:

This! Seriously! The thread went from "we have nothing to fear, we did nothing wrong" to "let's throw half the Saturn system at Earth to avoid getting wiped" seemingly on a whim and it's baffling. Talking to Earth instead of assuming their intentions in various ways sounds like a good idea at this point.

There is the immediate situation and there is also what is reasonably likely to happen in the future given the situation. Asking Earth what they're up to is sensible. We also need to come to terms with Earth regardless of what they say right now because of the longer term strategic outlook. Whatever their intentions are now the situation will inform their intentions later and it does not bode well if we do not come to terms, sooner the better

It might seem like it suddenly occurred on a whim because it was very sudden. The strategic situation started to change dramatically when we started stomping so hard on the IC's space forces. It suddenly changed a whole lot more once we actually gained orbital control of a major Sorium resource and also the Pluto incident occurring within a short time frame

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

That's a very good point. Everyone's so frantic to re-establish the balance of power because in about a month we shredded decades of political maneuvering and stomped the poo poo out of the IC, and now look poised to take all their poo poo. Earth can obviously never allow that, so we want to defuse it now. Massive changes like this are very rarely good for international stability. Things are gonna be turbulent enough squabbling over extrasolar resources, we want everything straightened out at home ASAP.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 11, 2017

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Jesus people, we don't let Earth just take half of the Saturn system. We need to see how this plays out before we start talking about a treaty with Earth.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Fray posted:

+ Earth and Mars will arrange joint sovereignty between us over the Saturn system.
No. We didn't just liberate the citizens of Titan to hand them over to the UE fascists.

Fray posted:

+ Saturn's sorium production will be split 2:1 in favor if Earth.
This is ridiculous. Allow them to set up their own and agree to sell at standard rates. It's an offer the IC can't match. Giving away the labor of citizens to a capitalist state is unthinkable.

Fray posted:

+ Mars will back the revolution on Titan, and recognize the revolutionary government, in exchange for control of all former IC naval facilities. Earth will recognize the new Titan government and our access to these facilities.
Sounds good.

Fray posted:

+ Earth may have control of Rhea or some other moon and construct military facilities on it and station military forces there. In exchange, Earth will recognize the Kuiper Belt as within Mars' sphere of influence (this includes Pluto but try not to draw attention to that).
Sounds good.

Fray posted:

+ Earth and Mars will agree to keep their forces in the Saturn system at (roughly) equal tonnage. This means most of that big BB fleet of theirs needs to turn around and go home.
Sounds good, once the trouble with the IC is settled. Until then I'd rather have UE around to help keep IC away.

Fray posted:

+ Each side may station up one brigade of garrison troops to guard our respective facilities. No offensive troop units are allowed.
Garrison troops have no attack value. There's no reason to limit the number. Also, 2 Assault battalions is pretty close to a match for garrison brigade. I'd rather have more ground troops in the area if we have them to spare. We'll likely be moping up IC retrograde capitalist holdouts for a long time.

Fray posted:

+ Earth and Mars agree to militarily resist any attempt by IC to retake Saturn. Earth will not interfere in our war beyond that.
Ok, but I think we can do better.

Fray posted:

+ If Earth isn't interested in a deal, they will get nothing but wreckage and the middle finger (don't actually come out and say this but diplomatically imply it).
:woop:

Instead of Fray & Crazycryodude's plan, I think we should invite United Terra to join us in stomping all over the IC. Offer them the rights to also harvest Sorium from Saturn as long as...
+ Mars recognizes Jupiter as being in UTs sphere of influence and is willing to assist UT in evicting IC squatters
+ Earth recognizes everything outsystem of Saturn (i.e. Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and the likely mineral rich Kuiper belt objects) as in Mar's sphere of influence and their BB squadron will assist us in evicting IC squatters from those areas immediately as well as other forces if necessary (they won't be)

Earth has one good choice right now; two kind of okay ones; and one terrible one.
1) The good choice. Team up with us (the winning side) and share in the spoils of reducing the Solar System to two factions
2) the better okay choice. Sit this war out and try to arrange a cease fire as soon as possible. This isn't great for them since we don't have as much reason to sell them Sorium as IC does and the longer the war goes on, the lower their Sorium fuel reserves are going to get. Also, if either of the other two factions win on their own, they get a lot stronger and become more of a threat to UT. The only thing that makes it okay is that they're probably on the verge of getting FTL and leaving us all behind.
3) the less okay choice. Push us out of Saturn without formally siding with the IC or declaring war. This is less okay since it risks the Martian Senate deciding this is an act of war - since it totally is - and nuking Earth. Earth sees the missiles coming millions of miles away and returns fire. Everyone loses. Technically the IC loses least, but it still loses a lot when all of its customers disappear.
4) the terrible choice. Formally side with the IC and declare war on us. If Mars starts losing badly enough, we'll nuke Earth. Everyone loses.

So really, siding with us is in United Terra's best interest. We do want to help them see that, but we shouldn't give up too much in the process.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

unwantedplatypus posted:

Jesus people, we don't let Earth just take half of the Saturn system. We need to see how this plays out before we start talking about a treaty with Earth.

We should start the process of ensuring at least some peace in the system considering Crazycryodude's excellent points regarding the fact that we have set fire to the status quo. Even if we can end the fighting on Titan in a favorable manner (that has the Titanian/Saturnian population joining or aligning towards Mars) so that we can repair our ships quickly (say a day day and a half at most), there's little chance we can repair enough so that we can defend Titan space against a reinforced BattleSquadron that we have basically zero intel on.

Trading half of the Saturn system for assured peace with Earth is, frankly, a small price to pay. A much better price than all of it and losing the Neptune Fleet. Do not mistake prudence for cowardice.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah that's actually better than what I was thinking. When we were first hammering out the initial proposal I think we all just kinda assumed that Earth had an insane lust for their own sorium that had to be quenched, but talking some more with Saros it sounds like they'd be fine with the rights to build their own harvesters around Saturn/buy from us instead of demanding a direct cut of production.

If we're sending terms right away, I'm more partial to LLSix's than the original plan. But probably Earth is gonna hit us with a list of demands first and then we counter and negotiations will very rapidly go in a direction none of us expect right now. Don't want to be talking too long, though, whatever deal we emerge with has to be inked in triplicate before the IC gets here, and the earlier the better.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Or they might just wait on the whole negotiations thing until they see how the 3rd Fleet/us/IC throwdowns shake out. They might well be satisfied to go We Are Renegotiating The Deal at the IC.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Okay well here is my updated for awhile list of the Ships of Mars.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 12, 2017

lizurcainnon
May 5, 2008

TheWetFish posted:

Expanding on Crazycryodude's notes with Build Points (BP);
41 of the Victory class provide 123 shots at 25.4 BP each, 1041.4 BP total
8 of the Type 8 class provide 168 shots at 92 BP each, 736 BP total

Fighters are produced by fighter factories and are built as a single integrated object; can't pre-produce components for fighters like we can for ships so only build points matter to build speed

If we expand further based upon effective shots for "one CVL full":
19 Nike
Probable hits vs 10k m/s: 3
vs 20k m/s: 1

41 Victory
Probable hits vs 10k m/s: 5
vs 20k m/s: 2

8 Type 8
Probable hits vs 10k m/s: 10
vs 20k m/s: 5

The Perseid design was just put up as a quick example of where you'd get a 1 Crew fighter, but for completion's sake:
31 Perseid

Which was an interesting outcome. For kicks, here's a modified Type 8:
code:
Type 8 Mod1 class Fighter    500 tons     10 Crew     80 BP      TCS 10  TH 80  EM 0
8000 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 4
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 100%    IFR 1.4%    1YR 6    5YR 89    Max Repair 10 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 0.12 months    Spare Berths 0    

SpaceX 16 EP Nuclear Pulse Engine (5)    Power 16    Fuel Use 392.02%    Signature 16    Exp 20%
Fuel Capacity 5,000 Litres    Range 0.5 billion km   (15 hours at full power)

Orion Gauss Cannon R3-8 (8x3)    Range 30,000km     TS: 8000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 8%     RM 3    ROF 5 
SpaceX Fire Control S00.2 24-2000 (FTR) (1)    Max Range: 48,000 km   TS: 8000 km/s

Seems the extra tonnage devoted to the fire control improves the hit chances roughly the same as adding another gun, and the gun's cheaper in this case.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

LLSix posted:

Instead of Fray & Crazycryodude's plan, I think we should invite United Terra to join us in stomping all over the IC. Offer them the rights to also harvest Sorium from Saturn as long as...
+ Mars recognizes Jupiter as being in UTs sphere of influence and is willing to assist UT in evicting IC squatters
+ Earth recognizes everything outsystem of Saturn (i.e. Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and the likely mineral rich Kuiper belt objects) as in Mar's sphere of influence and their BB squadron will assist us in evicting IC squatters from those areas immediately as well as other forces if necessary (they won't be)

Earth has one good choice right now; two kind of okay ones; and one terrible one.
1) The good choice. Team up with us (the winning side) and share in the spoils of reducing the Solar System to two factions
2) the better okay choice. Sit this war out and try to arrange a cease fire as soon as possible. This isn't great for them since we don't have as much reason to sell them Sorium as IC does and the longer the war goes on, the lower their Sorium fuel reserves are going to get. Also, if either of the other two factions win on their own, they get a lot stronger and become more of a threat to UT. The only thing that makes it okay is that they're probably on the verge of getting FTL and leaving us all behind.
3) the less okay choice. Push us out of Saturn without formally siding with the IC or declaring war. This is less okay since it risks the Martian Senate deciding this is an act of war - since it totally is - and nuking Earth. Earth sees the missiles coming millions of miles away and returns fire. Everyone loses. Technically the IC loses least, but it still loses a lot when all of its customers disappear.
4) the terrible choice. Formally side with the IC and declare war on us. If Mars starts losing badly enough, we'll nuke Earth. Everyone loses.

So really, siding with us is in United Terra's best interest. We do want to help them see that, but we shouldn't give up too much in the process.
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Hmm, wow a lot's happened since I last had a good look here, some votes, if still applicable:

ships:
Type 8
Levy

Saturn:
1. revolution
2.Topple

As for Earth Diplomacy, I find LLSix's proposition a pretty good starting point at least.

Hessi
Oct 28, 2010
There are a few other things that need to be taken care of parallel to the voting:
- Decide if we try to run down the fleeing enemy Einstein class that is atm 50m clicks away ( the type seems to have some AMMs, so it might not be totally defenseless)
- Take over the Rhea Mobile base if possible while destroying any active defense there that is left
- Take stock of what IC missiles are availabe, if we find missiles to refill the Musk, Mayer and the Mobile our defense capabilities increase a lot
- Find out which of our ships can be repaired before a potential engagement with the Saturn IC reinforcements, priority to the CGs and DDGs
- Send out one of our Fleet Scouts in the direction of the incoming Earth fleet (we know the IC forces coming from Uranus, the IC fleet incoming from Saturn will be identified by 3rd Fleet, so only the composition of the earth fleet is unknown.

Totally agree with Jack2142 and Frankenfreak about establishing communications with the incoming Earth fleet asap to find out about their plans and intentions. I do not think that Earth would just start a war with Mars without a formal declaration, and Mars definitely has a reason for a big assault on IC territory given what IC did to Mars.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Einstein should be out of AMM's, back when it was still around Titan and we killed its friend it blew its whole load and then ran without being able to restock iirc. It might have a box launcher of 50 S3's? We saw one single box salvo come from Rhea when the Einsteins were still parked there, but I dunno if that was the Mobil, the dead Einstein, or the one that's still alive. My money's personally on the Mobil, but if when we capture it we don't see a 50x S3 box, then we should tread a whole lot more carefully around the 'Steins.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm gonna change my vote to Levy and Type 8 because the Victory is neat and awesome and cool; but I have been swayed by the argument of needing lovely cheep PD

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
That reminds me that I haven't voted on the ship designs yet. Tally up another one for Levy and Type 8.

TheWetFish
Mar 30, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

lizurcainnon posted:

If we expand further based upon effective shots for "one CVL full":
19 Nike
Probable hits vs 10k m/s: 3
vs 20k m/s: 1

41 Victory
Probable hits vs 10k m/s: 5
vs 20k m/s: 2

8 Type 8

The Perseid design was just put up as a quick example of where you'd get a 1 Crew fighter, but for completion's sake:
31 Perseid

Which was an interesting outcome. For kicks, here's a modified Type 8:
code:
Type 8 Mod1 class Fighter    500 tons     10 Crew     80 BP      TCS 10  TH 80  EM 0
8000 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 0     PPV 4
Maint Life 0 Years     MSP 0    AFR 100%    IFR 1.4%    1YR 6    5YR 89    Max Repair 10 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 0.12 months    Spare Berths 0    

SpaceX 16 EP Nuclear Pulse Engine (5)    Power 16    Fuel Use 392.02%    Signature 16    Exp 20%
Fuel Capacity 5,000 Litres    Range 0.5 billion km   (15 hours at full power)

Orion Gauss Cannon R3-8 (8x3)    Range 30,000km     TS: 8000 km/s     Accuracy Modifier 8%     RM 3    ROF 5 
SpaceX Fire Control S00.2 24-2000 (FTR) (1)    Max Range: 48,000 km   TS: 8000 km/s

Seems the extra tonnage devoted to the fire control improves the hit chances roughly the same as adding another gun, and the gun's cheaper in this case.

Love your work, keep it up!

I went with the extra tracking on the Type 8 proposal because I was (possibly unreasonably) also considering theoretical 30K km/s missiles. The extra gun increases the scope of critically successful accuracy so there's a pretty decent argument for it

I did not look close enough at the Perseid and I clearly should have run the numbers instead of just assuming from a quick look. Most design specs are extremely complex trade offs that can be difficult to compare but for a simplistic goal such as PD fighter we really should have specified the PD performance upfront. Thanks for doing that, very helpful

Options for carrier capacity are Small Boat Bay / Boat Bay / Hangar Deck for 125t / 250t / 1000t capacity. I usually design fighters around 500t sizes although 125t increments are also practical. Perseid is 127t

I should have also run the numbers earlier on a turreted PD buoy "fighter", which it turns out is quite effective at these specific tech levels, although with all the drawbacks of a buoy

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

My personal thought is the Levy feels superfluous, we have no idea what the Terran navy looks like in reality and the IC is on deaths door, it isn't radically different than the current CLAA's in the fleet and if the Terrans are sending a "BATTLESHIP SQUADRON" having a heavy hitter like the the Testament or Fear and Dreadnought in our fleet makes me feel more confident.

Same goes for Terrans having fighters, if they are going to have them, more PD is okay, but honestly being able to have a single Locklear crap out 40 victories would let us counter Terran Fighters, even if they aren't as good at intercepting missiles.

I really doubt the Terrans are going to have the retarded hundreds of missiles launched via box volleys we have been eating and these votes are us reacting to the previous conflict not the emerging one.

Could we get an intel report about what a Terran battleship squadron actually looks like and what some of the "observed" / estimated designs might be

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Aug 12, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Even if the Terran designs are light on missiles but a decent reliant on parasite craft (fighters), PD fighters and Gauss batteries will still be useful against them.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jack2142 posted:

having a heavy hitter like the the Testament or Fear and Dreadnought in our fleet makes me feel more confident.
The problem is a ship like those probably take too long to build to play a role in the current conflict. If not for that, I would have voted for the Fear and Dreadnought. The Levy at least has a chance of getting built or at least become replacements for ship lost in this war.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah we might get, like, a single one of the big ships to represent the first in class coming off the line soon, but without a sizeable timeskip I'd rather take the smaller, incremental upgrade that we can crank out 30 of before the war's over.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Plus, it's not like we have capacity to easily handle missile waves and this is just superfluous unless facing IC alpha strikes.

Better PD translated directly into faring better against earth forces in missile duels, especially if we capture shipyards that we have make IC designs and can throw down some alpha strikes.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

My personal thought is the Levy isn't a huge upgrade over just producing more Sagan's and that's why I am in favor of the Battleships, because the heavy laser ones occupy a niche we don't really have of heavy armored laser brick, the Mons & Mariner look like reasonable designs, but they are split between being a pure beam or pure missile boat.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Might be a bit meta-contextual but considering that Saros is unlikely to have Earth MAD the thread into radioactive dust or steamroll the goon faction, and apparently there is a "crazy-advanced ancient aliens in galactic-scale conflict vs something" plot currently prologueing itself, the 'next' generation of capital ships designed with current tech will probably be obsolete before the shipyards finish retooling to build them. So the worst thing Mars may face is losing ships that would have been scrapped soon anyway, and maybe a blockade while the GM hints at noncombat/diplomatic/intrigue solutions.

Gonna bet that the best-outcome resolution for the situation around Titan is to negotiate peace ASAP because there's an Earth fleet incoming (plus that whole subversion thing) and if they take control under the guise of 'maintaining peace' or whatnot, they'll effectively take permanent ownership of Saturn+moons and Jupiter will be next; regardless of what IC chooses they can't hold Titan anymore so their best option is to grant it autonomy and side with Mars as an informal federation that holds an oligopoly on sorium because otherwise they're about to lose the only thing keeping them from being a vassal which is Bad For Business.

Mars provides cannon fodder front-line defense, Jupiter provides occasional alpha strikes and shares technology, Saturn is basically along for the ride since they have no fleet of their own and they are allowed/forced to choose to join one side or get subjugated by the other, and Earth no longer has an excuse to intervene without starting all-out invasion in which case harvesters=boom.

edit: I guess this translates into "take the (preferably as nonviolent as possible) Revolution route and immediately start negotiating a peaceful resolution to both the uprising and the Mars-IC hostilities that takes into consideration what happens after the current fight is over"

(Then delay/redirect that 'buyout+takeover' plan to take majority shares in the remainder of the IC eventually, but they don't need to know about that right now.)

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 13, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So mulling over the designs more, I still like the Levy best but I think the extra armor is pretty overkill and would rather see just 3/4 layers of armor and more gauss turrets instead. The general thrust of the design and the idea of an incremental upgrade over the Sagan is still the best option on the table, but it could use a touch more optimization imo.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
The Discord Design Board got to talking about what we need and the idea of a pure missile boat with endurance, as opposed to the alpha strikes of the IC designs, was requested. Here's what we came up with:

code:
Flechette class Cruiser    5,800 tons     188 Crew     886.4 BP      TCS 116  TH 134.4  EM 0
3310 km/s     Armour 3-28     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 2     PPV 28
Maint Life 2.03 Years     MSP 191    AFR 134%    IFR 1.9%    1YR 62    5YR 931    Max Repair 168 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 6 months    Spare Berths 4    
Magazine 388    

Hankel-Schlick Aircraft Engine Co 192 EP Nuclear Pulse Engine (2)    Power 192    Fuel Use 348.47%    Signature 67.2    Exp 20%
Fuel Capacity 300,000 Litres    Range 2.7 billion km   (9 days at full power)

Jarvis & Chapman Size 2 Missile Launcher (14)    Missile Size 2    Rate of Fire 60
LP Missile Fire Control FC61-R80 (70%) (2)     Range 61.8m km    Resolution 80

ECCM-1 (1)         ECM 10

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes
Notes: Saros is a goddamn wizard for engines and those should be more efficient when he plugs LP ones in. The ECM/ECCM should be brought to Martian standards. I also designed it using a personal game with added techs for the LP, so there's likely to be something else that needs to be adjusted.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 13, 2017

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I throw my vote behind the new cruiser design, we already have an PD boat in the Sagan which is decent, and the Battleships per discord chat are probably not optimal with our tech, plus our Olympus Mons & Mariner Valley Class are actually decent knife fighters with their heavy plasma cannonade batteries.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Been out on vacation with no internet. Finally all caught up. If we are still tallying votes, add mine for the Type 8 and the Levy, and then Revolution over Topple.

I wasn't a fan of senator warcrimes' plan in the first place and if these terran funded locals can help fix our ships, it would be worth it. Following that up with a deal proposal to earth seems our best option to me.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Jack2142 posted:

I throw my vote behind the new cruiser design, we already have an PD boat in the Sagan which is decent, and the Battleships per discord chat are probably not optimal with our tech, plus our Olympus Mons & Mariner Valley Class are actually decent knife fighters with their heavy plasma cannonade batteries.

I like this design too, but isn't voting closed now?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

I like this design too, but isn't voting closed now?

It didn't make the cut off to get in the running in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

30 April 0200hrs

The Aftermath:

Five hours have passed while the fleet polices debris and lifepods, siezes control of Titans orbital infrastructure, captures the remaining IC orbital weapon platforms and finally everyone rendezvous's over Titan.

Six platforms were captured over Titan or Rhea and the Rhea platforms were towed to Titan. The Mobil class PDC at Rhea also surrendered when the Marines bagan to land around it.

The captured Koshkin class destroyers have been towed to Titan orbit and are currently pending repair, both lack engines and require shipyard time. As an extra bonus the ten IC 'Acquisition' class fighters and a Profit class Fighter-Scout were in the middle of rearming rearming and were captured when the IC's main fleet installation in orbit fell to the Marines.

IC ship Statblocks:

IC shipyards:

Six ships are under construction at varying states of readiness but currently the key sections of the shipyards are held by workers loyal to the Titan Free State so exact status is hard to determine. It looks like two cruisers, a Zuckerberg and a Bill Gates as well as two Marissa Mayer, a Koshkin and what appears to be a small 2000T ship similar to the stealth scout identified off Neptune some time ago.

Fleet Status:

Six ships are damaged beyond simple repair and need time in Martian shipyards. More Missiles! and Tharsis are already underway to Neptune but the other four are dispatched as well.

In much better news the Victory is fully repaired and departs for Saturn. Unfortunately she is 11 days away so is unlikely to be in time for any upcoming scuffles.

None of the other cripples currently at Triton are going to be ready for at least 11 days.

Combat ready ships:

Col. Bwengun is yet to be rescued but should be picked up soon. Bwengun, Bozikek and Lostcosmonaut have the option of taking command of captured IC forces or rejoining the normal officer que (please post a preference!) We also have eight Deimos class fighters and eight Meteor assault shuttles with eight companies of marines.

There is also a brigade available for drop.

Supply status:

As you are aware the fleet has only very limited ammunition stocks remaining. A significant portion of the IC's orbital infrastructure is held by workers of what is now emerging as the 'Titan Free State.' This includes nearly all of the IC's orbital missile stockpiles and quick-fabbing capability. Depending on the outcome of the vote we should either get access to them, be able to sieze some for our use or simply not need the supplies. Plenty of IC missiles will be available to restock the IC designs we have pressed into use and IC size 1 designs will fit in the tubes of our frigates. Size 2 missile designs are trickier but with some modifications IC size 3 shipkillers can be cut down via removal of an engine and fuel to create a design that roughly approximates Martian standard S2's. Numbers available will again vary with time and how co-operative the workers of the orbital facilities are.

While the Harvesters were also siezed by workers of the Titan Free State fuel is plentiful around Saturn and a large depot was already taken by our Marines so all ships will be able to top off.

Titan itself:

Fighting has slowed somewhat as all sides wait to see which way the victorious Martian fleet will jump. We have identified most of the forces engaging in combat on the ground. The Free State has superior numbers but lacks staying power and offensive capability.

Titan Free State:

The IC:

The Situation:

Mars controls the Saturn moon system with no enemy ships on the scopes. White contacts are forces loyal to the Titan Free State.

The two fleeing ships continue outbound and are now 120m km from Saturn. The fighters can still overhaul them before they get anywhere though.

:siren:VOTING IS CLOSED:siren:

I will tally the numbers and see about our new designs and how bad the upcoming bloodshed will be.

Saros fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Aug 14, 2017