Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

kensei posted:

Rose poses nude for Women's Health Magazine
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/dELmkob.jpg :nws:

I want her and Pat to ragdoll me asap gently caress

Her comments are nice

Rose posted:

“My naked body is … the story of my whole life. There’s a lot around us that we can’t control, but my body, my mind, and my soul are pretty much the only things that I can. All the scars on my body, all the bumps and bruises, all the muscles – that is a story of everything I have done. And it’s not just my story. My ancestors who came before me gave me this vessel to sculpt and mold.”

“I have a middle finger that was jammed in one of my craziest fights, and it looks like a swollen turkey to this day. There’s a bone chip that’s in there, and it’s a reminder that this finger contributed to my fight, and to my beautiful house, to everything in my life. It might be ugly, but it’s mine and I love it. I’ve got some big old knees, big old feet. I could nitpick, but at the same time, I think it’s all friggin’ beautiful.”

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

drat, smilies have come a long loving way

what happened to 10kB max?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Rose is cool and I hope she has a cool fight with Joanna in which she doesn't get murdered. Barry just admitted on the MMA Hour a day or two ago to having had long-standing addiction problems that messed with both his and her careers (and made Brock Lesnar tell him to get the gently caress out of his training camp for Mark Hunt so he could get his poo poo together), so hopefully things are looking up for them regardless of what happens in the Joanna fight.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
If this was a romantic comedy, Rose would lose the fight, but repair her relationship, or win the fight while losing the relationship, only to reverse it later.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Even under a spoiler tag, please use a link in addition to :nws: tags for this type of image, thank you.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 10, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

derrick lewis did it better

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

JaySB posted:

Paulie Malignaggi is also a bit of a prick and a bitch and salty as gently caress.

What's he ever done that's so egregious outside of the usual being a competitive athlete?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

willie_dee posted:

What's he ever done that's so egregious outside of the usual being a competitive athlete?

Go listen to his hour long bitch fest on MMA Hour. Then go chase another bike thief

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

JaySB posted:

Go listen to his hour long bitch fest on MMA Hour. Then go chase another bike thief

I thought his bitching was well articulated and justified.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I thought his bitching was well articulated and justified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGZgMdlpTGk

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
You americans sure have some weird phrases.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Nierbo posted:

You americans sure have some weird phrases.

Just wait until you've gotten your rear end chewed out

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If you think that's bad, wait till you've gotten your rear end eaten.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

attackmole posted:

If you think that's bad, wait till you've gotten your rear end eaten.

And felt wonderful as a result?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.flocombat.com/article/60174-anderson-silva-vs-kelvin-gastelum-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-shanghai

i dunno man

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
That is a real bad fight for Anderson and I don't like it

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
it's either gastelum or the luke rockhold match or something equally bad.

as anderson silva's biggest fan he should have stopped fighting like 5 years ago, but really, he should have stopped after the daniel cormier fight. I forgot he fought earlier this year

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Silva is a lot bigger than Kelvin and sufficiently skilled on the ground to not just get wrestled, but he's pretty washed. Still for a guy who fought credibly at 205 a fat welter is a decent risk even as an old man.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think its a good fight

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gastelum's last fight should have convinced people that "being much larger than your opponent" is an important skill in fighting, and should not be overlooked.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

DeimosRising posted:

Silva is a lot bigger than Kelvin and sufficiently skilled on the ground to not just get wrestled, but he's pretty washed. Still for a guy who fought credibly at 205 a fat welter is a decent risk even as an old man.

Chael disagreed with that wrasslin statement for 23 minutes. I don't think Kelvin would try to wrestle outpoint him though, but I think he could for 3 rounds.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its a good fight

i do too. i think gastelum's last fight showed that that the size advantage of the bigger, better wrestlers in the division will probably too much for him to overcome but anderson doesn't fit that criteria. kelvin is cool.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bombadilillo posted:

Chael disagreed with that wrasslin statement for 23 minutes. I don't think Kelvin would try to wrestle outpoint him though, but I think he could for 3 rounds.

Chael was juiced to the gills and taller than 5'9".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

big money big clit posted:

Chael was juiced to the gills and taller than 5'9".

Silva was a lot less old then too. And he was old then.

Although "see which fighter shows up that night" may as well have been coined for Kelvin. So who knows

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its a good fight

Yah.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bombadilillo posted:

Silva was a lot less old then too. And he was old then.

Although "see which fighter shows up that night" may as well have been coined for Kelvin. So who knows

Kelvin has been pretty consistent except for the Woodley fight where he got sick and had a bad cut.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gastelum's last fight should have convinced people that "being much larger than your opponent" is an important skill in fighting, and should not be overlooked.

Out of everyone you could insinuate this about, middleweight tuf winner and top 10 middleweight Kelvin Gastelum, the obese welterweight, is probably among the stupidest

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Kelvin has been pretty consistent except for the Woodley fight where he got sick and had a bad cut.

He lost to Neil Magny, which isn't shameful, but isn't great either.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Out of everyone you could insinuate this about, middleweight tuf winner and top 10 middleweight Kelvin Gastelum, the obese welterweight, is probably among the stupidest

Do you think Kelvin lost to Weidman because he is a less skillful fighter?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Do you think Kelvin lost to Weidman because he is a less skillful fighter?

A less skillful wrestler and submission grappler? Yes. By orders of magnitude.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bombadilillo posted:

What about the other two rounds? You don't put Anderson Silva on Fight Night China without putting him in the main.

I.N.R.I posted:

i think its a good fight

I liked it when it was announced after Kelvin smashed Dad Bod Vitor, and I like it now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kelvin's style of striking is not the kind that lets Anderson do his slip and counter matrix game. Kelvin is going to tear him up on the feet. We might get to see some air guitar.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Please stop fighting andy :smith:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Andy's gonna get subbed by another jiggly welter. Is normal

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

CommonShore posted:

Kelvin's style of striking is not the kind that lets Anderson do his slip and counter matrix game. Kelvin is going to tear him up on the feet. We might get to see some air guitar.

How do you mean

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

A less skillful wrestler and submission grappler? Yes. By orders of magnitude.

It's actually because Chris Weidman was much much larger and stronger as was obvious to anyone with eyeballs, that they used to watch fights.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Imagine caring at all about an Anderson Silva fight in 2017.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Imagine caring at all about an Anderson Silva fight in 2017.

he's 1 win away from at least an interim title fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's actually because Chris Weidman was much much larger and stronger as was obvious to anyone with eyeballs, that they used to watch fights.

yeah you're right there's no evidence of kelvin fighting physically bigger, stronger guys and beating the poo poo out of them all, except for weidman. i'm sure that thing that has never happened has nothing to do with the fact that chris is one of the strongest wrestlers to have stepped into the octagon at any weight, and has had his jiu-jitsu praised by the likes of roger gracie who asserts that weidman could tap any world class grappler. even himself.

you're right though definitely just bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Anderson's fight against Bisping was pretty entertaining. His fight against Diaz also was, for different reasons. I imagine his fight against Gastelum will also be good, one way or the other.

• Locked thread