Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

ToxicFrog posted:

On the reviews for an ice cream maker:

Natural vanilla extract is ludicrously expensive (at least here in BC, CA), so maybe they're just being thrifty... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Iron Crowned posted:

96% of "poor" households have a refrigerator, but nothing about ice makers!

I have a friend who lives in a converted cafe, so her kitchen has a giant industrial fridge but no freezer. If she wants ice she has to buy it.

She also has exit signs over her doors.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If you use artificial vanilla extract, you are going straight to hell

It is an affront to all things on all planes of existence

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Natural vanilla extract is ludicrously expensive (at least here in BC, CA), so maybe they're just being thrifty... :smith:

Natural vanilla extract is ludicrously easy to make. Pick up a fifth of your liquor of choice (I prefer rum or whiskey), order some vanilla beans, split them and put them in the bottle for a few months. Gets you an absurd amount of good vanilla for honestly not that much. Plus ordering bulk beans means you'll have plentyleft over for other stuff, like adding some to the ice cream for extra vanilla-y goodness.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LogicalFallacy posted:

Natural vanilla extract is ludicrously easy to make. Pick up a fifth of your liquor of choice (I prefer rum or whiskey), order some vanilla beans, split them and put them in the bottle for a few months. Gets you an absurd amount of good vanilla for honestly not that much. Plus ordering bulk beans means you'll have plentyleft over for other stuff, like adding some to the ice cream for extra vanilla-y goodness.

An ex of mine made Jack Daniels/vanilla ice cream with this method, and it ruled.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Probably also to let people know the ice machines are inspected and stuff, since it's food for people.

Ahahahahaha gently caress :negative:

I used to work in a store that bagged it's own ice, and let me tell you, don't buy ice from a store that bags it's own. Not only has the ice machine never been burned out and sanitized, but ice is surprisingly sharp, and will scratch your hands up, and yes, someone has bled on your ice.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJY43N6aIU

We should all stop eating.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I can see fake vanilla being more popular because it's less intense, in a similar way to how I like fake maple syrup more than the real stuff when topping waffles.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Madagascar got hosed up by a cyclone earlier this year and sent vanilla prices way up.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

zedprime posted:

I can see fake vanilla being more popular because it's less intense, in a similar way to how I like fake maple syrup more than the real stuff when topping waffles.

That may only be because you're more used to the fake stuff. If you grew up with the real maple syrup, fake would just be unpalatable.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Cooking nerds suspect artificial vanilla is only worse because it doesn't have as much booze in it.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Vanilla in eggnog? Eww wtf

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

PubicMice posted:

That may only be because you're more used to the fake stuff. If you grew up with the real maple syrup, fake would just be unpalatable.

This is true.

Also I just buy whatever bottle of vanilla is cheapest and/or a recognizable brand name, because ehhh. I have bought very high-quality bottles as housewarming presents, though.

Ranter posted:

eggnog? Eww wtf

Fixed that for you. Eggnog always reminds me of how your gross mouth crud tastes when you drink milk just after getting up.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Way to bury the lede that it was ejected from the horse cock into Michael “Mike” Pence, noted horsefucker

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/898015707463643137

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Fixed that for you. Eggnog always reminds me of how your gross mouth crud tastes when you drink milk just after getting up.

Let me tell you about the boozy eggnog I make months before Christmas that ages for 6 months before we open it. I have a bottle that is 2 years old that I'm going to crack open this year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I'm eating a bowl of loose corn for lunch

I thought you guys should know

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I don't have morning mouth crud. Girls are gross

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't have morning mouth crud. Girls are gross

You should see what happens to a lady what's wearing jeans and no undies.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Let me tell you about the boozy eggnog I make months before Christmas that ages for 6 months before we open it. I have a bottle that is 2 years old that I'm going to crack open this year.

I am both intrigued and nauseated.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You should see what happens to a lady what's wearing jeans and no undies.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am both intrigued and nauseated.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Why is this only a technicality? Just looks like a plain cheese pizza that they cooked in a cast iron pan for some reason. :confused:

e:

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Aug 17, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

celebrities: they're just like us

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PubicMice posted:

Why is this only a technicality? Just looks like a plain cheese pizza that they cooked in a cast iron pan for some reason. :confused:

e:

nice 'za pic my dude

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

PubicMice posted:

e:

I'm relieved this was taken in a restaurant, and that it's nacho sink.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

kitchen sink nachos get it GET IT GET IT

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I'm relieved this was taken in a restaurant, and that it's nacho sink.

you will pay for this

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
This thread is great for weight loss as whenever I am hungry but might just be bored-hungry I load a random page and scroll down and look at the pictures.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

PubicMice posted:

in a cast iron pan for some reason. :confused:

For good reason. Try it sometime. The crust turns out perfect every drat time :yotj:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

For good reason. Try it sometime. The crust turns out perfect every drat time :yotj:

I still don't get it. Who eats right out of the pan?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't get it. Who eats right out of the pan?

It's probably just baked in the pan, I'm assuming with a lid, dutch oven style. Yeah, that'd make for a pretty good pizza.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Pan pizza is called that for a reason.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

Pan pizza is called that for a reason.

It never grows up and can fly?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

The Bloop posted:

It never grows up and can fly?
nah it grows horns and cloven hooves

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Elizabethan Error posted:

nah it grows horns and cloven hooves

Look if there's no pizza rules, then goat pizza is legit. Even if it's just a live goat with a pizza stuck on its head.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

bloom posted:

Look if there's no pizza rules, then goat pizza is legit. Even if it's just a live goat with a pizza stuck on its head.

Would.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

idk about eating a pizza that scares the poo poo out of me when it shouts

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Lamb gyro pizza is loving amazing.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Bubblyblubber posted:

how did this not get more love? made me laugh out loud for real, at my work bathroom no less.

I wish I could claim full ownership but I'm pretty sure I got that from some old parody song.