Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jarogue posted:

Congrats you win a free code.

Sorry Al you were close.

It's ok I already got the game. I was just going to give the code to the person who guessed my favorite Splinter Cell level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rexroom posted:

Mind you, Commodore was this close in getting Nintendo publish their games on it until Commodore CEO Jack Tramiel pulled the rug under the deal because he wanted to honor another deal with an American gaming giant, ultimately leading Nintendo to do their own "family computer" - and the rest is history.

Between this and the whole story about the SNES CD venture with Sony, it sounds like established home console companies should never cancel projects with a newcomer.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's ok I already got the game. I was just going to give the code to the person who guessed my favorite Splinter Cell level.

The Silent Cartographer

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oil refinery?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I should clarify I am referring to the series, not just the first game.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Indonesian Refinery from Pandora Tomorrow.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Burning Rangers (I don't want the code, but it had to be mentioned).

I'm glad some people remember Burning Rangers.

Lakbay posted:

ChuChu Rocket

Need to play this at some point

Also surprise no one said Feel the Magic: XY/XX or The Rub Rabbits!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jungle Japes

I've never played Splinter Cell

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It was Panamanian Bank from Chaos Theory.

Hey Ubisoft if you want a quick buck gimme Splinter Cell 1-4 and 6 collection.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Somehow also Ristar

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Jarogue posted:

So I have a extra Sonic Mania code because I wasn't going to wait for my package to come on Thursday. The first person that can guess my favorite Sonic Team game is that isn't a Sonic game then you can have the code. (one guess per person.)

Rub Rabbits

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Jarogue posted:

Congrats you win a free code.

Sorry Al you were close.

Amazing! The Switch is the gift that keeps on giving. Ristar Mania when

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I'm stuck in a Doubletree all week with "attwifi" and "hhonors." I want to play Splatoon. I've had success getting the little authentication browser to populate in other Hilton properties, but its not working here.

The connection test acts like it works, but then fails when I actually try to game. I guess there's no way to manually trigger the popup window since Nintendo won't give us a browser. I'm just out of luck?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

eddiewalker posted:

I'm stuck in a Doubletree all week with "attwifi" and "hhonors." I want to play Splatoon. I've had success getting the little authentication browser to populate in other Hilton properties, but its not working here.

The connection test acts like it works, but then fails when I actually try to game. I guess there's no way to manually trigger the popup window since Nintendo won't give us a browser. I'm just out of luck?

The authentication is usually tied to the hardware MAC address. Change your pc's wireless card's address to match your Switch's (look up how to on the internet), connect and authenticate, then change it back and connect with your Switch.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I like this theme better than the last. Hopefully the teams are more even.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fun Times! posted:

I like this theme better than the last. Hopefully the teams are more even.

It should be. Comparing ketchup to mayo is not really something that common outside of Japan. Ketchup vs mustard would have been a much more appropriate theme.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Variable 5 posted:

The authentication is usually tied to the hardware MAC address. Change your pc's wireless card's address to match your Switch's (look up how to on the internet), connect and authenticate, then change it back and connect with your Switch.

Thanks, but no luck.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the blue sphere sections were the worst goddamn part of the old Sonic games and it's loving awful that they were brought back. the UFO minigame is at least sort of fun.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DLC Inc posted:

the blue sphere sections were the worst goddamn part of the old Sonic games and it's loving awful that they were brought back. the UFO minigame is at least sort of fun.

you dont need to do them, you just get a medal for it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I like the idea of the Blue Sphere levels because it's basically like Pix the Cat. But I am completely hopeless at mentally mapping the surface of a sphere.

Pix the Cat would be perfect for the Switch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should have had 3d halfpipe and 2d kaleidoscope special stages to go along with the spheres.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Blue Sphere owns. Sonic 1 and 2's special stages were way worse.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

SeANMcBAY posted:

it helps that they're just rehashes from the old games and i still have a ton of them memorized

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

they should put Metal Gear acid on switch

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Norns posted:

they should put Metal Gear acid on switch

Every other Metal Gear game too in celebration of Snake's return to Smash 4 Deluxe.:gerty:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love sonic 2, but sonic 2's half pipe special stages with its half second tails delay completely sucks

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Jarogue posted:

I'm glad some people remember Burning Rangers.

Burning rangers was a really cool game. It's incredibly impressive that they did all that 3D on the saturn and make it look really good at the time. It's so overlooked :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It was Panamanian Bank from Chaos Theory.

With the PS2/GCN version of Double Agent :colbert:.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

haven't played a good sonic handheld since th egame gear #mania

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

Mania spoilers: Theres even some great fan service for a certain character that premiered in a Game Gear Sonic.:)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a.lo posted:

I had sonic 2 and sonic chaos.

Sonic 2 was terrible crap
Chaos was approaching a real sonic game.

What others were good?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I love sonic 2, but sonic 2's half pipe special stages with its half second tails delay completely sucks

You could play as just Sonic. Doing so even makes how many rings you need to collect in the special stages go down. Would still not call them great since the psuedo 3d and the blind turns of upcoming mines are their own problems.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

I had sonic 2 and sonic chaos.

Sonic 2 was terrible crap
Chaos was approaching a real sonic game.

What others were good?

On the game gear? Sonic Triple Trouble is pretty solid. Tails Adventure is also fun.

VVVVV Goddamn Burning Rangers was such a cool videogame

Ventana fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Aug 18, 2017

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ventana posted:

Burning rangers was a really cool game. It's incredibly impressive that they did all that 3D on the saturn and make it look really good at the time. It's so overlooked :smith:

Also some great music when it does play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduTpbcbgFA

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oh hey, if you already own one of the Jackboxes on the Switch then the other ones are 20% off.

Keen since I was gonna buy #1 anyway.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Jackbox on switch doesn't stream to twitch so playing online is a no go. Sadly streaming it without unplayable lag is nearly impossible on pc as well.
So being on a solid portable makes the switch version KING.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Hammer Bro. posted:

Oh hey, if you already own one of the Jackboxes on the Switch then the other ones are 20% off.

Keen since I was gonna buy #1 anyway.

If I could buy a bundle of them for like half price for having it on Steam I totally would. I love the hell out of those games and always buy them on release, but buying on switch would only really let me play it maybe one extra time a year on vacation, and even that's a gamble if wherever I'm at has wifi.

Are there any big exclusives besides rabbids and mario coming out this year?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Stan Taylor posted:

If I could buy a bundle of them for like half price for having it on Steam I totally would. I love the hell out of those games and always buy them on release, but buying on switch would only really let me play it maybe one extra time a year on vacation, and even that's a gamble if wherever I'm at has wifi.

Are there any big exclusives besides rabbids and mario coming out this year?

XENOBLADE 2

Any some indie golf thang an uh no clue. Im thrilled for portable indie games + nintendo heavy hitters

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh hell yeah

The Indian tv station in the rain level from pandora tomorrow and the CIA building from the first game were so fun to sneak into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

what's the next good looking game coming out?

• Locked thread