Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
A lot of my deaths come from getting shocked then taking a melee hit. Even at 6500 health being shocked is no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

What should I be using my Ancient Orbs on?

Probably Flasks but I also use em on crap unique maps (like Coward's trial)

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

What should I be using my Ancient Orbs on?

Chests or Flasks, typically.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

AegisP posted:

I had never thought to use one on one of the many Strange Barrels I've seen so far. Oh my god.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Twist And Pout! posted:

I had never thought to use one on one of the many Strange Barrels I've seen so far. Oh my god.

They meant Chest Armor.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jazerus posted:

the life and crit strike. the physical damage is also a good roll but amulets roll low on that in general. that is the highest possible natural roll for crit strike on an amulet and the life could only be 18 higher.

literally all of 'em except folks who use resolute technique or minions, with crit builds wanting it really really really badly. there's an amulet on poe trade that's almost identical to that but somewhat worse for 1 exalt atm. that's not necessarily where you should price it (perhaps it hasn't sold for a reason) but you know that folks want it at 20c so nothing to lose from bumping it up

vv oh yeah the int is really good too

physical damage rolls on amulets are really loving desired for doomfletch builds, which also go crit, lmfao

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
So previous leagues, I wanted to play a necro-style pet class. Decided to start with the SRS build in the OP, but realized after a while the whole STR Baron meta, not for me, I never have currency. So I am sitting at this with 14 points to build towards something, but can't really come up with anything good, maybe work towards Grave Intentions?

Also looking forward to trying Searing Ray this season, COC or not, looks fun.

e: the build, duh: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/delpino/characters

Delpino fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 19, 2017

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

AegisP posted:

What flask am I looking for?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Delpino posted:

So previous leagues, I wanted to play a necro-style pet class. Decided to start with the SRS build in the OP, but realized after a while the whole STR Baron meta, not for me, I never have currency. So I am sitting at this with 14 points to build towards something, but can't really come up with anything good, maybe work towards Grave Intentions?

Also looking forward to trying Searing Ray this season, COC or not, looks fun.

yeah i'm doing the same thing with srs and it still owns even without the baron

get all of the max zombie nodes since you won't have baron contributing to your max zombie count, and you might get death attunement and use spectres too. also, you have the luxury of pursuing cast speed nodes so you can rev up srs to full faster and maintain it more easily.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Worthless ones like Rotgut. Ancient Orb will roll it into another flask.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sotar posted:

Worthless ones like Rotgut. Ancient Orb will roll it into another flask.

I meant which flask are good? I've been gone for a while, I don't know what's valuable.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Use it on a Rotgut of Forbidden Taste or some other worthless 1 alch flask and hope you get Taste of Hate, Lion's Roar, Rumi's, Wise Oak, Witchfire Brew

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Kild posted:

Use it on a Rotgut of Forbidden Taste or some other worthless 1 alch flask and hope you get Taste of Hate, Lion's Roar, Rumi's, Wise Oak, Witchfire Brew

Used it on a Rotgut and got a Wise Oak. Thanks!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm not really sure where left to take my build, could anyone offer a little advice? Cyclone seems to be generally fairly well regarded, if not top tier, and I feel like I'm starting to peak before I even hit tier 10 maps, so I assume I've still got a ways to go - people talking about hundreds of thousands of DPS for real endgame stuff and I'm stuck on a tenth of that sort of figure, you know?

https://pastebin.com/WP7Fiptq

I know I've still got uber lab to do (that 40%), which is the big thing, along with getting 6L stuff which is just hugely expensive and I'm not even exactly sure what I'd cram in there. Other than those I feel like I'm really going only for relatively small incremental gear upgrades, and that probably won't bridge the gap between tier 8/9 and tier 15 or shaper. Is this a dead end sort of build, am I underestimating the power of stacking small-ish upgrades, have I royally hosed my tree in some way I haven't noticed?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

Used it on a Rotgut and got a Wise Oak. Thanks!

The penetration roll is what's valuable if its 13-15 its worth more than the minimum price on poe.trade

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deformed Church posted:

I'm not really sure where left to take my build, could anyone offer a little advice? Cyclone seems to be generally fairly well regarded, if not top tier, and I feel like I'm starting to peak before I even hit tier 10 maps, so I assume I've still got a ways to go - people talking about hundreds of thousands of DPS for real endgame stuff and I'm stuck on a tenth of that sort of figure, you know?

I know I've still got uber lab to do (that 40%), which is the big thing, along with getting 6L stuff which is just hugely expensive and I'm not even exactly sure what I'd cram in there. Other than those I feel like I'm really going only for relatively small incremental gear upgrades, and that probably won't bridge the gap between tier 8/9 and tier 15 or shaper. Is this a dead end sort of build, am I underestimating the power of stacking small-ish upgrades, have I royally hosed my tree in some way I haven't noticed?

can't you get a cheap 6L coronal maul and craft that?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Deformed Church posted:

am I being trolled with these jewels??? are you guys trying to force a meme?????

anyway I got rid of bleed nodes because cyclone hits lots of times but you can only apply one bleed (even though the synergy is cute with Kondos), pathed to VP instead (and put the jewel in the right spot so you can use a cwdt EK :colbert:)

buy some better jewels with at least two relevant damage mods, and you have to get 30% movespeed on your boots because movement is dps for cyclone

otherwise save money for a 6L and then a better weapon

https://pastebin.com/Jz6H1abi

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 19, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

For a 2H slayer, does Lacerate beat out Sunder in any situation besides "i have a godtier sword and therefore cannot sunder"?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Goa Tse-tung posted:

am I being trolled with these jewels??? are you guys trying to force a meme?????

anyway I got rid of bleed nodes because cyclone hits lots of times but you can only apply one bleed (even though the synergy is cute with Kondos), pathed to VP instead (and put the jewel in the right spot so you can use a cwdt EK :colbert:)

buy some better jewels with at least two relevant damage mods, and you have to get 30% movespeed on your boots because movement is dps for cyclone

otherwise save money for a 6L and then a better weapon

https://pastebin.com/Jz6H1abi

Oh I literally forgot I had lovely jewels lmao, there's one easy-ish thing I can do.

I wasn't sure about pathing to VP since it's 13 or so points away but you're right about the bleeds so that makes it a tad cheaper. I suppose that means blood rage is out, but I guess the dying less will be worth it.

Thanks for the advice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

So this league I finally made a character I've been thinking about for several leagues, SR CwC Frostbolt
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/benh1987/characters

I planned it out before 3.0 and originally intended to use Pyre and Consuming Darks to stack poison, and it had crazy high damage at that point. However, the changes to DoTs and poison have me now relying on actual fire damage as I do it, and either there are some options I'm missing or I waited too long and it's not a great build anymore. The clear speed is insane but my damage is so low that bosses take forever. With a 6l staff, level 80 and Uber Lab ascendancies I should be at around 300k DPS and I feel like that's still not enough in 3.0. Survivability with MoM is fine and I have a Lightning Coil set to swap out when I need more.

Realm Ender seems like the best option since it's +3 to both scorching ray and frostbolt levels, handles half the cold -> fire conversion for me and lets me use Avatar of Fire. Rigwald's Crest and Ngamahu Tiki are giving me some damage that I feel like I really need, and I can swap in Hrimnor's Resolve too for a little more and freeze immunity while still keeping maxed resists and 4500 life (seems to be enough with MoM)

Does anyone have any ideas how I can pump more out of this build? Other than, like, Kaom's which is unaffordable until way later. My next goal with passives is getting Snowforged for +cold% and +fire%.

My level 80 build plan has me at 433% increased damage and 109% more damage to my fire spells and -69% enemy fire resist (once I switch to Flammability).

edit: This is a pretty fantastic and cheap league starter build though and I think my go-to from here on out. All the required gear costs like 6c total. I just want to try and push it further this league since I've been thinking about it forever.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 19, 2017

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

Obviously this kind of build has been hit heavily both by the double dipping and the (stupid) cold -> fire conversion nerfs. Also, boss HP is kinda stupid in some cases to the point where it's just not worth killing them anymore, it's an issue that many builds are facing. A few thoughts:
- Pathing around the templar area seems weird, there should definitely be a better solution for that.
- Really strange flasks. I'd rather kick out anger, run warlords mark on blasphemy (or apply it with Cwdt, orb of storms does seem a bit clunky and unreliable (how do you even survive reflect?)), get rid of all but 1 life flask (maybe a hybrid for MoM...). Atziri's promise should be great DPS increase, same goes for wise oak.
- Usually, 6-link unique staves are more affordable than 6-link unique chests. Maybe you could get your hands on a 6-link realm ender, giving you ~50% more damage. 6-links are especially important for CwC builds because you have so little room for support gems to begin with.
- If you're looking for more damage, you could always decide to ditch EO and go for crit. You're passing right next to some decent spell crit nodes anyway. Be sure to calculate via PoB if the possible damage gain through crit (incorporate diamond flask, better ring and amulet)is worth it
- No AoE nodes, no GMP... this build seems really slow to me in terms of actual clearspeed. Maybe try some different cold skills?
- Also, think about your weapon - especially if you're going crit, Pyre (90% conversion isn't that bad) + for example Doryanis Catalyst + a spelldmg/spellcrit/life shield should go a long way. A 6-link armor with the right colors is easily achievable through Emperor of Purity div cards. A few essences of greed and you should end up with a decent one.
- You can have some more damage from unique helms as you already mentioned, but als from belts.

psy.Che fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 19, 2017

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
So my Dummy Proof Slayer is working out real well.

This is where I landed for an end goal for the character: https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACRQD...AHIAAGWAAAAAAAA

It's not exactly the cheapest build ever (the axe and chest are kinda expensive), but compared to other builds I've run in the past it's relatively affordable. Good news is that the axe and chest aren't necessary for the build to work, so I can use bargain options until I get lucky or save the currency.

Questions:
- Any obvious critiques or improvements?
- I don't believe that the Less Duration Support gem affects the duration of bleeds caused by my attacks, and only affects the duration of the skill being used (i.e. Earthquake) but I could be wrong. I googled it, and what I found seems to confirm this, but does anyone know for sure?

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 20, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

psy.Che posted:

Obviously this kind of build has been hit heavily both by the double dipping and the (stupid) cold -> fire conversion nerfs. Also, boss HP is kinda stupid in some cases to the point where it's just not worth killing them anymore, it's an issue that many builds are facing. A few thoughts:
- Pathing around the templar area seems weird, there should definitely be a better solution for that.
- Really strange flasks. I'd rather kick out anger, run warlords mark on blasphemy (or apply it with Cwdt, orb of storms does seem a bit clunky and unreliable (how do you even survive reflect?)), get rid of all but 1 life flask (maybe a hybrid for MoM...). Atziri's promise should be great DPS increase, same goes for wise oak.
- Usually, 6-link unique staves are more affordable than 6-link unique chests. Maybe you could get your hands on a 6-link realm ender, giving you ~50% more damage. 6-links are especially important for CwC builds because you have so little room for support gems to begin with.
- If you're looking for more damage, you could always decide to ditch EO and go for crit. You're passing right next to some decent spell crit nodes anyway. Be sure to calculate via PoB if the possible damage gain through crit (incorporate diamond flask, better ring and amulet)is worth it
- No AoE nodes, no GMP... this build seems really slow to me in terms of actual clearspeed. Maybe try some different cold skills?
- Also, think about your weapon - especially if you're going crit, Pyre (90% conversion isn't that bad) + for example Doryanis Catalyst + a spelldmg/spellcrit/life shield should go a long way. A 6-link armor with the right colors is easily achievable through Emperor of Purity div cards. A few essences of greed and you should end up with a decent one.
- You can have some more damage from unique helms as you already mentioned, but als from belts.

I get +4 projectiles from the FB threshold gems and neither SR or FB are Area tagged so +area wouldn't do anything. Clearspeed is based on spamming the entire screen (and 1-2 screens away) with frostbolts that 1-2 shot trash mobs.

Yeah, 6link staff is the plan since the gems need to be socketed in my staff. I'm including the 6l in my ~300k final dps calculation.

Templar starting area is to go life, there's not a lot to be grabbed on the right side of the tree.

You're right about flasks, I haven't put any effort in to them and haven't even rolled them yet. I don't really need more defenses and I'm Avatar of Fire to Atziri's and other flasks don't give me any additional damage (Atziri's adds chaos damage which my build zeroes out), that and no good leech are the big drawbacks of this build. Wise Oak would give me more penetration but I already have a ton of penetration.

I can't find another weapon that does comparable damage to Realm Ender (which has +3 to both of my main damage spells). Doryani's would give me 0.2% leech but survivability isn't much of a concern on this build and I would lose over half my damage if I switched to it.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

I get +4 projectiles from the FB threshold gems and neither SR or FB are Area tagged so +area wouldn't do anything. Clearspeed is based on spamming the entire screen (and 1-2 screens away) with frostbolts that 1-2 shot trash mobs.

Yeah, 6link staff is the plan since the gems need to be socketed in my staff. I'm including the 6l in my ~300k final dps calculation.

Templar starting area is to go life, there's not a lot to be grabbed on the right side of the tree.

You're right about flasks, I haven't put any effort in to them and haven't even rolled them yet. I don't really need more defenses and I'm Avatar of Fire to Atziri's and other flasks don't give me any additional damage (Atziri's adds chaos damage which my build zeroes out), that and no good leech are the big drawbacks of this build. Wise Oak would give me more penetration but I already have a ton of penetration.

I can't find another weapon that does comparable damage to Realm Ender (which has +3 to both of my main damage spells). Doryani's would give me 0.2% leech but survivability isn't much of a concern on this build and I would lose over half my damage if I switched to it.

Didn't see the jewels lol. I till think you can find a way to get all that life in templar with less useless +stat nodes and maybe more ele dmg, spell dmg w/e nodes. You're right about Atziri's but def include wise oak, there is no too much penetration - if anything, it might enable you to drop fire pen sup for something better. Also, Doryanis on it own won't beat your staff, but if you're going crit, it might do so together with a good shield.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dahbadu posted:

Questions:
- Any obvious critiques or improvements?
- I don't believe that the Less Duration Support gem affects the duration of poisons/bleeds caused by my attacks, and only affects the duration of the skill being used (i.e. Earthquake) but I could be wrong. I googled it, and what I found seems to confirm this, but does anyone know for sure?

How are you planning to cap your resists with that many uniques? 100 res steel rings with life will cost more than most of that build, so IMO you should use a rare belt and rare gloves.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

How are you planning to cap your resists with that many uniques? 100 res steel rings with life will cost more than most of that build, so IMO you should use a rare belt and rare gloves.

Thanks. I was waffling about trying to incorporate poison into the build, and you just made up my mind.

Does this look better: https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACRQD...AHIAAGWAAAAAAAA ?

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Dahbadu posted:

Thanks. I was waffling about trying to incorporate poison into the build, and you just made up my mind.

Does this look better: https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAPcACRQD...AHIAAGWAAAAAAAA ?

Do you really need Kaom's Roots? You get cannot be stunned from your ascendancy.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Kaoms Roots make you immune to freeze and temporal chains as well, they're good. I don't know why you're planning this though. Cool plan, that disfavor is going to cost you 350c, 6-linking it in this economy will likely cost you 750 more chaos. Double that and add 100c for G's Pelt. Just grab a cheap 6L maul and craft it a little.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Is there anyway to drop a quest and restart? I'm started a new character in Act 1, and joined a group during the mud flats quest where you find the 3 glyph's in the Rhoa nests to open the submerged passage.
I found 2 of the 3 glyphs while I was in the group, and while they were on the other side of the map, the group disbanded and the 3rd glyph is missing. I've cleared the map, logged in and logged out, tirelessly searched the whole area where the glyph's drop - and I can't find it.
So without the 3rd glyph I can't enter the next area, and I can't continue. I can't figure out how to drop the quest to restart it, how do I get out of this mess?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

psy.Che posted:

Didn't see the jewels lol. I till think you can find a way to get all that life in templar with less useless +stat nodes and maybe more ele dmg, spell dmg w/e nodes. You're right about Atziri's but def include wise oak, there is no too much penetration - if anything, it might enable you to drop fire pen sup for something better. Also, Doryanis on it own won't beat your staff, but if you're going crit, it might do so together with a good shield.

Sounds good. I'll definitely grab Wise Oak. I'll have to do some number crunching in PoB with Doryani's and see if I can make it work. Dropping Fire Pen might be good, but I think even with Wise Oak it'll be the best DPS gem for me, I'll have to figure it out.

Thanks for taking a look!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is there anyway to drop a quest and restart? I'm started a new character in Act 1, and joined a group during the mud flats quest where you find the 3 glyph's in the Rhoa nests to open the submerged passage.
I found 2 of the 3 glyphs while I was in the group, and while they were on the other side of the map, the group disbanded and the 3rd glyph is missing. I've cleared the map, logged in and logged out, tirelessly searched the whole area where the glyph's drop - and I can't find it.
So without the 3rd glyph I can't enter the next area, and I can't continue. I can't figure out how to drop the quest to restart it, how do I get out of this mess?

You probably need to make a new instance. If it's been >15 minutes since you were last in there, just re-enter (instances only remain alive for 8-15 minutes). Otherwise, Ctrl+Click the area transition into Mud Flats and select New.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Sweet thanks.
I got my first unique drop. It's a quiver, and it's a level 5 item. I'm only level 6, and I'm going with a Juggernaut build so I cant use it.
Should I hold onto this thing even though it's a real low level item and I can't use it?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh you, thinking you'll only make one character... :allears:

Craghead isn't really all that great though and the upgraded version is only slightly better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love that you knew what unique it was

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Ciaphas posted:

For a 2H slayer, does Lacerate beat out Sunder in any situation besides "i have a godtier sword and therefore cannot sunder"?

Sunder has (base damage: 182% + shockwaves nearby targets for 72.8%) so it just absolutely mulches packs. Lacerate hits for significantly less AoE damage (118%) but what you aim at gets hit twice for 236% since both waves tag it. In AoE situations Sunder is insane since it's hitting any target with dudes nearby for more damage than Lacerate does on single target. Significantly worse AoE, better single target, possibly better for Multistrike since it covers a wider area than Sunder does, and possibly better if you've got something that relies on hitting the target multiple times seems about right.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

Kaoms Roots make you immune to freeze and temporal chains as well, they're good. I don't know why you're planning this though. Cool plan, that disfavor is going to cost you 350c, 6-linking it in this economy will likely cost you 750 more chaos. Double that and add 100c for G's Pelt. Just grab a cheap 6L maul and craft it a little.

Exactly -- basically Roots are my big gently caress you to Temporal Chains maps. Yeah, I'll probably go budget. The Disfavor and Pelt aren't build enabling, so I really don't need them.

Edit: Thanks for your advice, BTW. Does anyone know the definitive answer to Less Duration Support affecting bleeds generated that aren't an effect from a skill gem?

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 20, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

I love that you knew what unique it was

I looked it up. I probably wouldn't have been able to guess which one it was even if you gave me an hour because that one is just so :geno:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I try to offer my Uber lab solved puzzles in 820 General but no one wants them, I'm a leper. Unclean. I also have no idea what 7 Vorici parties mean, Dailies chaining or something?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I found some boots that I think might be worth something, but I'm also really bad at pricing poo poo, anyone have any idea what I should list this at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

alright I give up, every build is shaper viable, gently caress em up fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7MRWglv95E

I feel like totems and minions are inherently better against Shaper because he requires you to move around so much that you can't spam active skills. Ignite and bleed are good too since you can apply them and run.