Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Challenge or not challenge?

Either/or, not having to grind a ton would be helpful but that's probably a pipe dream given minecraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Shukaro posted:

Either/or, not having to grind a ton would be helpful but that's probably a pipe dream given minecraft.

well i said that but i only know the challenge modpacks these days so :v:

here's some options:

Age of Engineering: Basically a 1.10.2 version of Infinity Evolved; has a strict tech progression path and modified recipes. It's pretty good about relieving some of the tedium as you tech up. E.g.: making bronze gears requires the use of steel and is needed to get to Age 4, but once you progress to Age 5 you unlock an alternate way to make gears that avoids the steel altogether. It has an in-game guide for progression, and there's an excellent google doc with advice on the pack that I can link tomorrow when I get back to my PC. I'm playing this one right now, and I'm almost finished.

Modern Skyblock: A 1.12 skyblock map with a guide for progression; notable for not using Ex Nihilo at all, instead using a new mod called Sky Resources. Has four different starting skyblock styles with varying difficulty. Relies heavily on mob drops for resources. I'll probably play this one next.

Forever Stranded: A pseudo-skyblock (Ex Nihilo flavor) with temperature, thirst, Spice of Life, and reduced starting health. You crash on a desert planet. Has a proper quest book, but the pack author is only barely literate in the loosest definition of the word.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

well i said that but i only know the challenge modpacks these days so :v:

here's some options:

Age of Engineering: Basically a 1.10.2 version of Infinity Evolved; has a strict tech progression path and modified recipes. It's pretty good about relieving some of the tedium as you tech up. E.g.: making bronze gears requires the use of steel and is needed to get to Age 4, but once you progress to Age 5 you unlock an alternate way to make gears that avoids the steel altogether. It has an in-game guide for progression, and there's an excellent google doc with advice on the pack that I can link tomorrow when I get back to my PC. I'm playing this one right now, and I'm almost finished.

Modern Skyblock: A 1.12 skyblock map with a guide for progression; notable for not using Ex Nihilo at all, instead using a new mod called Sky Resources. Has four different starting skyblock styles with varying difficulty. Relies heavily on mob drops for resources. I'll probably play this one next.

Forever Stranded: A pseudo-skyblock (Ex Nihilo flavor) with temperature, thirst, Spice of Life, and reduced starting health. You crash on a desert planet. Has a proper quest book, but the pack author is only barely literate in the loosest definition of the word.

I'll check these out, thanks!

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Shukaro posted:

Anyone have suggestions for a broad modpack that has a good in-game guide system?

If you can poop out a 1.10.2 Artifice then I know a pack that will be available just that much sooner.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Challenge or not challenge?

I've been enjoying The Simple Life 2, which has a pretty good HQM book.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
On that note, for anyone who was wanting to try out the "Lost Cities" worldgen that spawns you in a ruined/post-apocalyptic city, I've found Simple Life 2 is a fantastic modpack to use it with. I use the "entire world is a city" gen option. So far I haven't found any "missing" worldgen features, as my cities feature mana pools, botania flowers, NPC villages, and lots of ruins worth exploring. It's really different and fun.
You'll probably want to play with the gen options in the config files though, not because there's anything wrong with them, but to tweak them to your liking. Personally I made buildings a little taller and slightly reduced the frequency of craters/decay.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
So I finally started CotT recently and while I knew it was going to be miserable death constantly I am wondering if something is broken.The game seems to really like spawning black widows. To the point where at any given time I can walk out front and look down at a mosh pit of no less than 30 of them. I guess they arent blowing my poo poo up or anything but like, my options are slingshot out of base and run as far as I can or leap into them with sword flailing and die with the hope I landed on a loot bag first.

Naturally keep inventory is on because lol what in the actual gently caress can you even accomplish without it when that kind of mess is just outside your door.

Edit: Also yeah that new twitch thing is a steaming pile and I am glad that multimc can import the packs on its own now.

Edit:Edit:

:wtc:

thejacob fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Aug 21, 2017

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Hahaha. Never seen that before. That seems a bit busted. Have you traveled far enough to make the chunk unload since that happened? Curious if you can repeat it.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
This last version or two of CotT seems to have broken any quests that aren't retrieval. I've had to edit all the craft quests into retrieval on my server to make them able to be turned in but I'm not sure what to do for some of the hunt/kill quests.
There is one bug report complaining of the same issue but I figured I'd find more people complaining about something so gamebreaking.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

thejacob posted:

Edit: Also yeah that new twitch thing is a steaming pile and I am glad that multimc can import the packs on its own now.

How does this work? I can't seem to get it to import the pack without having previously downloaded it on the Twitch launcher (which is impossible on this laptop because for some reason it keeps timing out when I try to log in).

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Someone earlier suggested Pickle Pack Magical 3 and I've been having a blast. Haven't gotten deep into Thaumcraft or Botania and instead have mostly just been trying to do Twilight Forest stuff. Had to go to the swamp to kill the Minoshroom under the hollow hill so I could head to the fire swamp to murder the hydra so I could pierce the magic darkness of the dark forest and at this point the quests have had me make a pickaxe that does extra damage to armored targets using stuff from the fortress some goblins took over. Next, some ghast in a tower! Wooh.

I have to ask, there a mod to make it so for example if you hover over an aspect in thaumcraft it tells you which aspects make it up? Would cut down on the intermediate steps taking so long if I didn't have to reference a cheat sheet so much.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

xanthan posted:

I have to ask, there a mod to make it so for example if you hover over an aspect in thaumcraft it tells you which aspects make it up? Would cut down on the intermediate steps taking so long if I didn't have to reference a cheat sheet so much.

That's in base thaumcraft, if you research the advanced research tech on the first page of the thaumonomicon.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

That's in base thaumcraft, if you research the advanced research tech on the first page of the thaumonomicon.

Thanks! Will definitely do so! And then I can use the string from spiders to wool to infuse to make sheep seeds.

I like how the different types of magic are integrated.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Once you get into Magical Crops in PPM3 be sure to make some Lilypads of Fertility to supercharge your farm and use golems to autofarm it. I think I have more minicio than I can use at this point...

Also I don't think it's worth it to make terrasteel seeds since the infusion requires 4 blocks of it. I looked at how much terrasteel you'd wind up needing to make every Botania item and it came up to like... 40 terrasteel, which is barely more than the 4 blocks you'd need to farm the stuff.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 21, 2017

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So multimc can browse mod packs? i still havent used it, but curse client goes from bad to worse.

(lol at people that thought we were over reacting like 3 updates ago...)

I just hit age 5 in AoE and made 11 machine chasis's at once. My IE power is a mess though. I always say "i'll fix it later when i replace it...."

This pack i might actually do that.

But im enjoying it. Stripped mined a few chunks down to bedrock, currently doing a 2x1 to bedrock looking for iron.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Meskhenet posted:

So multimc can browse mod packs? i still havent used it, but curse client goes from bad to worse.
No, but once you get a pack downloaded you can point MultiMC at the directory to run it.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

Toadsmash posted:

Hahaha. Never seen that before. That seems a bit busted. Have you traveled far enough to make the chunk unload since that happened? Curious if you can repeat it.

I can toggle peaceful mode on and then back off and within a few minutes they are pretty much all right back at it.

I don't mind because if there are 3123 spiders out there already then its not spawning angry molesting dire grizzly bears, but it really does not seem to be working as intended.

taiyoko posted:

How does this work? I can't seem to get it to import the pack without having previously downloaded it on the Twitch launcher (which is impossible on this laptop because for some reason it keeps timing out when I try to log in).

Meskhenet posted:

It can't browse them but you can download a small .zip from the curse page for a pack and then tell multimc to use that when you create a new instance. I think this MIGHT still be something you need to toggle to the developer build for but it definitely works and is super simple. You just lose out on the apparently easy way to roll your own packs that the app features. But also you lose out on how the stupid thing cant even download a pack without timing out. Pretty good trade imo.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Does Pickle Pack have a quest book?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Age of Engineering status:

:peanut: I beat it!

Thoughts: This is the first challenge modpack I've ever played where I was motivated enough to actually finish it completely. I even killed my first Chaos Guardian from Draconic Evolution in this pack. What really made Age of Engineering stand out is the quality of life upgrades -- as you progress up the tech tree, earlier gates like basic capacitors, gears, steel, and even empowered AA crystals are made easier or otherwise lessened in tedium. If I had to continue to make Empowered Restonia and forestry electron tubes just to grunt out the ten stacks of basic capacitors you need for a T4 solar vs UU-matter, I definitely would have quit way sooner.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Age of Engineering status:

:peanut: I beat it!

Thoughts: This is the first challenge modpack I've ever played where I was motivated enough to actually finish it completely. I even killed my first Chaos Guardian from Draconic Evolution in this pack. What really made Age of Engineering stand out is the quality of life upgrades -- as you progress up the tech tree, earlier gates like basic capacitors, gears, steel, and even empowered AA crystals are made easier or otherwise lessened in tedium. If I had to continue to make Empowered Restonia and forestry electron tubes just to grunt out the ten stacks of basic capacitors you need for a T4 solar vs UU-matter, I definitely would have quit way sooner.

Congrats! I wish I could stomach all the IC2 to get through it, but you are a better minecrafter than I.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Congrats! I wish I could stomach all the IC2 to get through it, but you are a better minecrafter than I.

Oh, IC2 isn't even the worst. TechReborn was loving brutal. Imagine IC2, but with even less documentation, and the machines not only can't be upgraded, but lie to you about what levels of power they can tolerate.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I can't figure out how to summon the lightning titan in CotT. I set the gold inlay around a mana battery and stick 2 bars on top in the rain like it says but nothing ever happens.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Does Pickle Pack have a quest book?

Pickle Pack Magical 3 has a questbook, yes. I can't vouch for the other pickle packs (I assume there are others?)

It's a pretty good questbook. You get useful rewards and it strongly encourages switching between mods to progress evenly as they unlock. Though as someone mentioned there's nothing stopping you from doing the whole Twilight Forest questline all at once. TF is mostly optional in this pack, I think. Great place to find gold though!

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 22, 2017

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

McFrugal posted:

Pickle Pack Magical 3 has a questbook, yes. I can't vouch for the other pickle packs (I assume there are others?)

It's a pretty good questbook. You get useful rewards and it strongly encourages switching between mods to progress evenly as they unlock. Though as someone mentioned there's nothing stopping you from doing the whole Twilight Forest questline all at once. TF is mostly optional in this pack, I think. Great place to find gold though!

Cool beans. What launcher is it on?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Can anyone who's completed PPM3 talk about what the final completionist chapter quests are?

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

thejacob posted:

It can't browse them but you can download a small .zip from the curse page for a pack and then tell multimc to use that when you create a new instance. I think this MIGHT still be something you need to toggle to the developer build for but it definitely works and is super simple. You just lose out on the apparently easy way to roll your own packs that the app features. But also you lose out on how the stupid thing cant even download a pack without timing out. Pretty good trade imo.

When I try this, I get the message "Archive does not contain instance.cfg". I tried with both the normal files and the server files.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Shhhhhhhhh. but here is how to tolerate ic2.

enable cheats.
go to creative mode
give yourself all the ic2 machines you think you'll need.
set them up (power, cables... the lot)
go back to survival.

Enjoy the rest of the pack

On that note, im trying to get my bees started.

Is there any documentation at all that isnt garbage?

I have meadow, forest and ice bees, and a few ignoble rock. I think im stuck for silicon for electrical steel in EnderIO hence why i went bee hunting..

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

Shhhhhhhhh. but here is how to tolerate ic2.

enable cheats.
go to creative mode
give yourself all the ic2 machines you think you'll need.
set them up (power, cables... the lot)
go back to survival.

Enjoy the rest of the pack

On that note, im trying to get my bees started.

Is there any documentation at all that isnt garbage?

I have meadow, forest and ice bees, and a few ignoble rock. I think im stuck for silicon for electrical steel in EnderIO hence why i went bee hunting..

Bah, cheater. You're just skipping like a quarter of the pack. :v:

Here is a guide for AoE that is better than the in-game help. Make sure to set it to Viewing mode instead of Suggesting mode to clear out all the spam.

Silicon's made by macerating clay blocks, then thermally centrifuging the resultant clay dust, then Forestry centrifuging the thing that comes out of that.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Cool beans. What launcher is it on?

I got it off the Twitch client, I dunno where else you can get it.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Is there a questing modpack right now for people who have jobs and lives and drinking problems?

E: I mean I have two out of the three

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Is there a questing modpack right now for people who have jobs and lives and drinking problems?

E: I mean I have two out of the three

Not really. Like-minded folks tend to have jobs, lives, and drinking problems too.

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014

Elswyyr posted:

When I try this, I get the message "Archive does not contain instance.cfg". I tried with both the normal files and the server files.

Alright this is not scientific or anything but after a quick test myself that seems to be what they have changed in the development build.
I got the same error with a fresh install and then updated it to the latest dev build and it would do it's thing.
If it still does not work after that then I honestly have no idea what could be wrong.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
lumien231 made a utiltiy that forces Twitch to open to the Minecraft Mods page immediately. I installed it and it seems to work well so far (be sure to check the readme for install instructions)
https://github.com/lumien231/MinecraftStarter

It relies on putting the .exe in the Twitch 'bin' folder, which is somewhere in Appdata/Roaming (mine was in Appdata/Roaming/Curse Client/ because I've had the launcher through the name change) and running the included .reg file to enable the change. Then you can just remove it by running the other .reg file and deleting the .exe.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So we're troubleshooting the modpack we are trying to build, and it's running good at times, and super laggy at other times. It'll be going along fine then we'll get a period where it skips ticks like crazy:

code:
"[15:58:21] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1382222ms behind, skipping 27644 tick(s)
[16:21:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1382797ms behind, skipping 27655 tick(s)
[16:44:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1380112ms behind, skipping 27602 tick(s)
[17:06:53] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1348934ms behind, skipping 26978 tick(s"
It's also throwing these errors, during those laggy periods:

code:
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(NBTTagCompound.java:29)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_150298_a(NBTTagCompound.java:376)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(NBTTagCompound.java:31)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.func_74734_a(NBTTagList.java:32)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_150298_a(NBTTagCompound.java:376)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(NBTTagCompound.java:31)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_150663_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:149)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74800_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:139)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75821_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:265)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75814_c(AnvilChunkLoader.java:251)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.func_75736_b(SourceFile:30)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.run(SourceFile:23)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Edit: Does anyone have any clue what any of this means?

Weltlich fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 25, 2017

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

Weltlich posted:

So we're troubleshooting the modpack we are trying to build, and it's running good at times, and super laggy at other times. It'll be going along fine then we'll get a period where it skips ticks like crazy:

<snip>
<snip>

Your storage system is lagging, hard.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

mechaet posted:

Your storage system is lagging, hard.

So it's currently being hosted on a friend's PC. Do you think it might be a low-speed HDD?

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Weltlich posted:

code:
"[15:58:21] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1382222ms behind, skipping 27644 tick(s)
[16:21:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1382797ms behind, skipping 27655 tick(s)
[16:44:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1380112ms behind, skipping 27602 tick(s)
[17:06:53] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded? Running 1348934ms behind, skipping 26978 tick(s"

code:
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextNode(Unknown Source)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74734_a(NBTTagCompound.java:29)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.func_74734_a(NBTTagList.java:32)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_150663_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:149)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74800_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:139)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75821_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:265)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75814_c(AnvilChunkLoader.java:251)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.func_75736_b(SourceFile:30)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at net.minecraft.world.storage.ThreadedFileIOBase.run(SourceFile:23)
[17:25:31] [File IO Thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]:        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

are you shift click crafting in something like applied energistics?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Nope, don't have that installed. I have an inkling that it might be Lycanite's Mobs that's doing it, since it's normally the worst during interactions with those entities.

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...

Weltlich posted:

(supersnip)

Can you make a crash log (f3+c, hold for ten seconds) and post it to pastebin and then post the link here? And what kind of computer is your friend running?

Edit: Can you also add what command line options you're using?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Serifina posted:

Can you make a crash log (f3+c, hold for ten seconds) and post it to pastebin and then post the link here? And what kind of computer is your friend running?

Edit: Can you also add what command line options you're using?

I'll get this when I get home tonight.

Though after some tinkering around last night, it looks like it was Lycanite's Mobs that was doing the yeoman's work of loving the system up. We deleted it and then restarted a new world, and almost all the lag disappeared, with no "skipped 239 ticks" messages.

We'll see.