Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know I wish someone would make a sequel to safecracker. Walking sims are popular, why not have a walking sim but you also have a shitload of puzzles to solve?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

All the "Assassin's Festival" logos and banners look low-rent for some reason.

Also, more relevant than ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DalyjFKBHvI

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are square enix and ubisoft owned by the same parent company and i didn't realize it or something?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That "who needs that when you have the power of an assassin" line would be the most hilarious product push if not for CUP NOODLES.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Grapplejack posted:

You know I wish someone would make a sequel to safecracker. Walking sims are popular, why not have a walking sim but you also have a shitload of puzzles to solve?

Isn't that the Witness?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Grapplejack posted:

I haven't played the game you're talking about but this sounds like The Witness

efbofc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The "walking simulator" term was originally deployed as an insult against games that were characterized as "adventure games but without puzzles." Truly we have come full circle

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The "walking simulator" term was originally deployed as an insult against games that were characterized as "adventure games but without puzzles." Truly we have come full circle

To be fair it also sounds like Myst

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

are square enix and ubisoft owned by the same parent company and i didn't realize it or something?

asscreed shows up everywhere, remember when Snake could dress up like Ezio

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah basic cross-promotion stuff like items or outfits are fairly common, this is funny because it does about as much or more with that town as the main game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

My eyes physically hurt from this

Grapplejack posted:

Underrated game imo, only true ending is taking the cash for yourself once you find it tho

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I haven't played the game you're talking about but this sounds like The Witness

efbofc

StrixNebulosa posted:

Isn't that the Witness?

Yeah, the witness was my goty last year. I hunger for more though, it's such an underserved market.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Did you play Obduction? Not quite on the same level as the witness but I liked it quite a bit as a more faithful myst-like.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

asscreed shows up everywhere, remember when Snake could dress up like Ezio

i do not remember that

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Motto posted:

Yeah basic cross-promotion stuff like items or outfits are fairly common, this is funny because it does about as much or more with that town as the main game.

Nothing happens in Lestallum in FFXV, it's literally only important because there's a hotel there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i do not remember that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izmhGkMuX7U&t=19s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i forgot how ugly the standard quality youtube videos were around its start yeesh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

Nothing happens in Lestallum in FFXV, it's literally only important because there's a Cup Noodles truck there

Fixed

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cowcaster posted:

what on earth

Not Earth, but the planet does have their own Master Card branch so you don't need to worry about local currencies.

At this point I'm surprised a few of the stores and gas stations in the game weren't remodeled into a Seven Eleven or Lawson shop.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i guess i didn't know how much of a product placement bloated nightmare of corporate collaboration final fantasy was

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
I didn't even know Japan was aware of AC's existence.

I'm trying to come up with a response but all I can muster is the words, wait what?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It sounds like a Discworld event. All the assassins get together to hold a fake festival none of them show up at so they can lure out targets.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

vermin posted:

there's a goddamn assassin's creed manga

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9PN8pzSn2Q&t=29s

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I remember that episode of Mr. Bean.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

When do we get to the Boktai collaborations?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That's what happens when you don't download the 170 gb version.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

vermin posted:

They did matching cross-promotions in AC Brotherhood and MGS4, so you could have Snake sneaking around in an assassin cloak and Ezio jumping around Rome in a cyborg ninja outfit.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Dex was a never-nude

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So Snake Eater is still a good game, like a really good game.

But every re-release of the title past 2008 is a version that's just a little bit lesser because you can't catch the apes that there done escaped.

You can't have Naked Snake wearing the Monkey Mask anymore in cut-scenes it's not super important, but it's still a shame. I mean I know it'd be taken out of the PC and Xbox versions but for the Vita and PS3/4 versions...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Late for Twin Peaks chat.

It owns. I also enjoyed Dune although it's that movie that really shows its age the most out of all Lynch movies.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I love David Lynch movies cause they stick with you for a lot longer than other films do. Usually it takes a day or two for me to stop thinking about a movie I've seen, but I saw Wild At Heart weeks ago and the whole thing is still in my head, especially that last scene with the street gang.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Late for Twin Peaks chat.

It owns. I also enjoyed Dune although it's that movie that really shows its age the most out of all Lynch movies.

I've never actually seen Dune but I make sure to watch this clip several times a day, because Baron Harkonnen is the man I most aspire to be.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/319595772981166080

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dune has problems but it still looks amazing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

He needs to go to Chicago

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mordja posted:

I've never actually seen Dune but I make sure to watch this clip several times a day, because Baron Harkonnen is the man I most aspire to be.
Baron Harkonnen was terrifying, one of the best villains. There are some City of Lost Children (yeah, I know it was made later) vibes in the entire Harkonnen sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Am I crazy or does the way that bundle of rocks look make it look like the ocean is at beach level but also higher than the stairs?

• Locked thread