Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

woah, shitload of night actions and things to catch up on

Take your time, I'm not shooting you unless you decide to lurk through today as well. Or if you come out looking real scummy some other way :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Jonathan Fisk posted:

"why would scum do X" is pointless because as town we don't have full view of the board.

Also they can talk to each other secretly and plan out weird nth-dimensional chess moves

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

Take your time, I'm not shooting you unless you decide to lurk through today as well. Or if you come out looking real scummy some other way :cheeky:

Oh dear I'm cooked then

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh dear I'm cooked then

Not in the face please

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey, I woke up at 3am with like 7 votes on me and a shitload of night action claims to catch up on, what's your excuse for not reading a little further

Been teaching all day, man! I am not at a desk where I can space out and browse the forums :mad:

Bifauxnen posted:

Why the hell didn't you use it though, Quid?

Why didn't I jail someone on N1 of a role madness game where night action information and knowing what people do might be important? :allears:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

Why didn't I jail someone on N1 of a role madness game where night action information and knowing what people do might be important? :allears:

Yes, why didn't you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Ok so it's just a normal jail, you said "soft jail" which I don't know what that even means

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I mean you called it a "soft jail" cause all actions on your target fail, but don't mention stopping their action, so isn't that like a super-doc? Why would you not use it, I don't get it

Because it blocks tracking, watching, protection, copping, anything else...all it does is let their action through. I wasn't gonna target scum and let them get a NK or something off while nobody could get info about them.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

woah, shitload of night actions and things to catch up on

And this is exactly the reason that, once I clarified my crap with Kashuno, I decided N1 was a real bad time to use my action.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quid I have not really read before this page since I posted about my action failing earlier so if you answered this already I apologize, but what part of your role needed clarifying with Kash?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Because it blocks tracking, watching, protection, copping, anything else...all it does is let their action through. I wasn't gonna target scum and let them get a NK or something off while nobody could get info about them.

Or, from another point of view, it's a super buffed up doctor! (haha, blocks protection)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Quid I have not really read before this page since I posted about my action failing earlier so if you answered this already I apologize, but what part of your role needed clarifying with Kash?

I wanted to know if I could target myself

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yea that is a messy night. I dunno what to think of that because it's role madness so poo poo is crazy which is funny given how useless my role is. I mean it's theoretically useful, just not yet.

How the gently caress Bifauxnen gets up so early, early enough to be apart of the American conversations is goddamn crazy.

Props to you but..

Also I gotta leave, sorry I would love to participate more but I simply get power ups based on what alignment is lynched, town power up is useless, scum lynch is apparently powerful but given how everyone already seems powerful at night I dunno if we will mostly lynch scum or flat out night kill them.

What if we are ze baddies

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

I wanted to know if I could target myself

I laughed way harder at this answer than I should have

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

How was it that Bif even got information that I targeted her? How does "no action" get redirected to someone? What is going on here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

How the gently caress Bifauxnen gets up so early, early enough to be apart of the American conversations is goddamn crazy.

Fussy coughing 2-year-old

Anyway, vote Anidav peeps

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

I laughed way harder at this answer than I should have

Even worse is the answer was actually included in my role PM and I just can't read :eng99:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

How was it that Bif even got information that I targeted her? How does "no action" get redirected to someone? What is going on here

It doesn't, I thought you read that bit now

My action would have forced you to change your target to me. It is not the only thing my role does, but it is an unfortunate side effect so I wanted to get my target in the record in case you were something investigative, and I turned up dead and unable to correct you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My students are working independently so I am not reading very well :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, Quid if anything your jail is LESS disruptive than the standard version, since you're not even blocking someone's outgoing stuff if you try to protect a useful town role like a cop! I've seen you end up as a traditional jailer on Shine just now and also I think in FF5? And you were never antsy about using it before, why now, sheesh

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

Aight, a reread of the thread in light of the PMush flip has revealed not a whole lot, tbh. Taste is super town, getting a strong town feel from stickup too. Feeling like using up a visit on Bif was not my best move, but live and learn.

Insofar as my role's concerned, I figure I may as well put some more cards down on the table. I'm Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon. Each night, I can send out up to five of the sailor scouts, but if I do, each one has to spend the next night resting up. Any scouts that aren't out fighting evil stand watch, and pick up on visits on me.

To clarify my lovely 3am posting at the end of d1, I had a change of heart after rereading taste's argument defending Flam, which is why I followed his suit and went PMush at the end. Gonna hang about for another hour before bed, see if anything cool happens.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's frustrating I can't really play till 5pm and Bifauxnen is in a rush to lynch me after somehow being notified of an American snowball at 3am. :thunk:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Hmm intredasting

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

vector_to posted:

Insofar as my role's concerned, I figure I may as well put some more cards down on the table. I'm Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon. Each night, I can send out up to five of the sailor scouts, but if I do, each one has to spend the next night resting up. Any scouts that aren't out fighting evil stand watch, and pick up on visits on me.

"Out fighting evil"? Well since a scum presumably busdrove me, should anything have happened to them?

I mean, long as you're claiming for no real reason and all. Much like Anidav.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
just to clarify: Jonathan fisk = taste, correct?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

just to clarify: Jonathan fisk = taste, correct?

Correct

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hi my name is Bifauxnen, I have a magic baby that cries when people try to lynch me :discourse:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Anidav posted:

It's frustrating I can't really play till 5pm and Bifauxnen is in a rush to lynch me after somehow being notified of an American snowball at 3am. :thunk:

Oddly specific origin.

I want to vote bif. I don't feel like forced redirection is town... also on the list and I don't have a good reason to vote the other two

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

"Out fighting evil"? Well since a scum presumably busdrove me, should anything have happened to them?

I mean, long as you're claiming for no real reason and all. Much like Anidav.

I dun believe you

Anidav posted:

Hi my name is Bifauxnen, I have a magic baby that cries when people try to lynch me :discourse:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mayor Glowku posted:

I want to vote bif. I don't feel like forced redirection is town... also on the list and I don't have a good reason to vote the other two

Oh, you got Anidav on ignore I see

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not feeling the bussing defence here

where's it from

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

where's it from

Wait do you mean scum bussing or busdriving

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait do you mean scum bussing or busdriving

Yes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Serious reply though, we've got one player who got a mod list that confirmed yoyu are potentially scum, and someone who visits you saying you're scum, and your argument is that you were bus driven in a game without a confirmed bus driver.

It's.. not a good defence? Like it's possible but I don't buy it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

where's it from

Cause if it's busdriving, there's nothing to "feel", Fisk has hard claimed that he targeted me with an action that should have redirected votes from me to him. But instead votes on gif Probst are being redirected to him, implying that his action which targeted me has instead landed on Probst. If you think that's just bullshit, well then he's done a great job needlessly tying himself to a scum on a really short eccolist

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

tithin posted:

Serious reply though, we've got one player who got a mod list that confirmed yoyu are potentially scum, and someone who visits you saying you're scum, and your argument is that you were bus driven in a game without a confirmed bus driver.

It's.. not a good defence? Like it's possible but I don't buy it

Oh no! We haven't confirmed yet if this role madness game has a bus driver? What crazy fakeclaims will the scum think up next?!?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh no! We haven't confirmed yet if this role madness game has a bus driver? What crazy fakeclaims will the scum think up next?!?

lol, you're funny when on edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

So let's kill Fisk and sort it all out then

• Locked thread