Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Hey does anyone remember what HH ep it was where they are playing fingerboard and talking about who their "guy" is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Whitmer Thomas and Clay Tatum, first appearance. Their second Pokémon go focused appearance is also great

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Drunk Tomato posted:

Is HH worth listening to all the way through or should I start somewhere specific?

You should start with other podcasts that are better.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

ElCondemn posted:

You should start with other podcasts that are better.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Just listen through the Best Show first to get a feel for Tom’s humor, and then move on to the Reality Show Show.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
All the ones with script reads are tied for best episode

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

oh phew. if the show was over i was gonna tell them to bring the show back and that i will donate money to the show. now i don't have to!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

they straight up said they're going on for at least another year

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Which makes it the perfect time to pull the rug out from under us and stop it :tinfoil:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

they straight up said they're going on for at least another year
i'm glad this idiot was probated for this dumb post

big thanks to art siriwatt for saving hollywood handbook

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I know sometimes you guys must just think like, Keven why are you even in the earwolf thread hate listening to all these podcasts? Do you even LIKE earwolf podcasts? The answer is yes. Some of them are loving great.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Work Friend Keven posted:

I know sometimes you guys must just think like, Keven why are you even
nah

brett being a jerk to kevin really made me laugh a lot.

"...i've been here for like five years..."

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I know sometimes you guys must just think like, Keven why are you even in the earwolf thread hate listening to all these podcasts? Do you even LIKE earwolf podcasts? The answer is yes. Some of them are loving great.

ah, cool. this is insanely good.

thanks, kev.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I don't think that, Work Friend Keven. you're always welcome here :cheerdoge: :cheers: :coal:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

did they release the howl ep of hollywood handbook to lure people into a false sense of security or to assuage fears of it actually ending?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Terror Sweat posted:

did they release the howl ep of hollywood handbook to lure people into a false sense of security or to assuage fears of it actually ending?

Well, Scharpling did say on Best Show this week that Hollywood Handbook actually has 4 more episodes, all live shows, before they record "Hollywood Handbook Says Goodbye to Hollywood" at the El Rey on October 30th.

(Colin can further assuage those fears.)

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Tom’s word is gold.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Word is they're starting up Big Apple Bible for real. As long as those eggs get cooked right.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

soggybagel posted:

Word is they're starting up Big Apple Bible for real. As long as those eggs get cooked right.
"These eggs taste hosed up!"

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

soggybagel posted:

OMG I would be over the moon

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
While Sinbad was clearly their most with it guest, and got ahead of them a few times, there is not a funnier episode of a podcast then the Paul Rust TEDD talk ep.

"Sometimes, he draws what Porky would be wearing. To see if he would look good in it."

"<Four seconds of all hosts is covering their mouth and try not to laugh>" "and I called that… A slip of the tongue."

"That's not your name anymore."

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
The Matt Gourley ep was great too.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

lol

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

While Sinbad was clearly their most with it guest, and got ahead of them a few times, there is not a funnier episode of a podcast then the Paul Rust TEDD talk ep.

"Sometimes, he draws what Porky would be wearing. To see if he would look good in it."

"<Four seconds of all hosts is covering their mouth and try not to laugh>" "and I called that… A slip of the tongue."

"That's not your name anymore."

That was Neil Campbell, but yes good ep.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

UP AND ADAM posted:

his first ep was so eh and his second was so good

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Tarranon posted:

his first ep was so eh and his second was so good

The do other people's shows in front of them saga is really funny

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

UP AND ADAM posted:

"You guys are dicks...."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Noticed that HDTGM has new, infinitely more professional artwork. Sell-outs.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

"You guys are dicks...."

Matt, Matt, Matt...shut up!

Funniest bit in the Neil Campbell TEDD Talks episode for me was when Hayes started shouting an explanation of soccer off-mic. That or "Step 3: Don't. Get. Scared."

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I just realized that the music from that episode is from owl city hahahaha

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Dave Thomas from SCTV gets the show more than any other guest, except for maybe Sinbad (really).

Loved the Dave Thomas episode. Don't get me wrong......I love the episodes where the boys are being passive aggressive assholes......and trying to confuse their guests......but that episode was super unique as Dave Thomas picked up on it right away and had amazing chemistry. He was clever enough to not skip a beat. Ben Schwartz and Thomas Middleditch were keyed in too....which made for a couple more great episodes. Middleditch is great on every one of these podcasts though.

Otherwise the first Tom Scharpling episode is a classic. I love when they just insult their guests. The first episode with Adam Pally where they continuously call his show 'News Girl' and then the whole Lemorne Morris thing, until Pally was just pissed and super frustrated had me hooked immediately.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Hayes wrote on a show with Dave Thomas if I remember correctly, which was how they got such an exclusive guest.

I agree that their best episodes are with friends/coworkers.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Otherwise the first Tom Scharpling episode is a classic.

I've been listening to Tom's entire saga today...they're all so, so good.

It's especially funny how he goes from reluctantly swearing once or twice in his first episode to freely throwing out "If I hear that fuckin' sound again, Cody..." in the Grease Knows Eggs Show.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Know Such Peace posted:

I agree that their best episodes are with friends/coworkers.
They gotta do their for real for real final episode with Danny McBride.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

I've been listening to Tom's entire saga today...they're all so, so good.

It's especially funny how he goes from reluctantly swearing once or twice in his first episode to freely throwing out "If I hear that fuckin' sound again, Cody..." in the Grease Knows Eggs Show.

His "gently caress off" end on this weeks was like mana from heaven to me

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

sean wandering into the church is one of the funniest things i've ever heard

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

agreed. big apple bible is my favorite episode.

sean on the phone with hayes and tom works very well.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"he died for MY sins?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

agreed. big apple bible is my favorite episode.

sean on the phone with hayes and tom works very well.

Hayes on the phone also works really well. Something about the "One of The Boys is 'on assignment'" premise draws out the best in both of them.

ManoliIsFat posted:

His "gently caress off" end on this weeks was like mana from heaven to me

"Now you're in the Upside Down, you piece of poo poo!"