Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://foodout.lv/papas-hotdogi1 :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the gently caress mate? :stare:

50 exalts sounds about right for endgame gear after a month

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Eminai posted:

If it's not showing items it should, make sure you didn't toggle highlight items and objects.

This ended up being the issue, for whatever the reason. Thanks!

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
Anyone got any tips for making a soulthirst spell build work?

You can get crazy attack speed with soulthirst like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n738lHgm0UI
I was thinking with a spell that has a circluar radius like Etheral knives with the aoe jewel you can kill alot easier instead of needing to aim cones.
With spell builds you can't use soul taker to manage mana from a 20 sec mana flask , instead I was thinking off using minmial mana regen tree + cast a blasphemy totem every 10 seconds to keep mana down, and then use etheral knives with a blood magic support gem or item that grants it blood magic + life leech + vaal pact. The only concern I have is you get up to 40-50 casts per second, so even if you accidentally hold attack for 0.5 seconds after killing mobs you can take several thousands in blood magic cast costs during that period that aren't instantly replenished by leech. Anyone got any alternative ideas to make spells work with soulthirst?

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Alright friends. I'm playing my 2nd ever character this league (my first was back in Perandus). I'm playing a sunder berserker built according to https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-EjtOJLOtsa-xJmm-rjWwAe1KC9u4JCuPbiZuK7ADY/preview#heading=h.moz2x9f7iyhx.
Right now I'm level 85 clearing tier 6-8 maps without any issues. Filling up my atlas doing the bonus once for each unique map I get. I'm kinda feeling lack of progression I guess? Still missing one trial to get uber lab done. This is my character right now, current hp is ~5300 with capped resists https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

Skill point wise I plan to take the +1 frenzy charge and gem socket down near duelist start and fill up scion hp wheel if I need more life.

Here are my questions, how do I go about progressing my character further? Which pieces do I start replacing and how do I tell where the cap for my character is content wise?

Right now I feel my biggest weaknesses are chest piece - I bought a whie 5 link and used an essence. Turned out pretty well. Do I need a 6 link now, or can it wait?
Second is my necklace which I keep because of int and dex that allow me to use my blue/green gems.

TLDR I'm new and dont know how to progress my character further and what to look out for.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm leveling a witch with shock. Is there a clever way I can make her stand in place and cast shock, without having to hold down shift? Somehow on the mouse?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm leveling a witch with shock. Is there a clever way I can make her stand in place and cast shock, without having to hold down shift? Somehow on the mouse?

Switch the stand in place key from shift to a key on the numpad, then hold down that key and turn off numlock. The game now thinks you're constantly holding down that key.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
gently caress yeah thanks.

Please invite : snookiebook to the goon guild if possible.

I whispered dbk a few times yesterday for an invite, but no response. I'm playing this game a lot.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Dumb question.

When im in a map my resists are 75%(95%) 75%(100%) 75%(95%) but when im in Oriath Epilouge my resists are 75%(75%) 75%(80%) 75%(75%)

I guess I dont need as much resists to run maps capped? Is that right?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gonna guess your a necromancer with auras that give 20% resist that are inactive in town, yes?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

still sane, exile?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

still sane, exile?

How on Earth did I post that in this thread?

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gonna guess your a necromancer with auras that give 20% resist that are inactive in town, yes?

Yep thats exactly what it is. Thank you!

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

cinci zoo sniper posted:

How on Earth did I post that in this thread?

Go back to EE, блуат.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

West007 posted:

Alright friends. I'm playing my 2nd ever character this league (my first was back in Perandus). I'm playing a sunder berserker built according to https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-EjtOJLOtsa-xJmm-rjWwAe1KC9u4JCuPbiZuK7ADY/preview#heading=h.moz2x9f7iyhx.
Right now I'm level 85 clearing tier 6-8 maps without any issues. Filling up my atlas doing the bonus once for each unique map I get. I'm kinda feeling lack of progression I guess? Still missing one trial to get uber lab done. This is my character right now, current hp is ~5300 with capped resists https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

Skill point wise I plan to take the +1 frenzy charge and gem socket down near duelist start and fill up scion hp wheel if I need more life.

Here are my questions, how do I go about progressing my character further? Which pieces do I start replacing and how do I tell where the cap for my character is content wise?

Right now I feel my biggest weaknesses are chest piece - I bought a whie 5 link and used an essence. Turned out pretty well. Do I need a 6 link now, or can it wait?
Second is my necklace which I keep because of int and dex that allow me to use my blue/green gems.

TLDR I'm new and dont know how to progress my character further and what to look out for.

Switch Leap Slam for Whirling Blades and put either Blood Magic if you run out of mana or a quality Culling Strike as your 4th slot. Leap Slam isn't really a great movement skill imho.

Get some boots with a proper life roll. Switch you rings and amulet for something that also gives you flat physical damage on them if you can afford it. Steel Rings would probably be the best. They should also have a lot more life than yours have right now.

After that it's probably time for a 6l. If you don't feel super lucky or don't have tons of currency just buy a 6l base and then craft it with essences. You could even use Emperor of Purity to get a 6l if you are very poor. It will have terrible armor and rolls besides the life from the essence, but it should boost your damage by a lot and only costs ~20 chaos to get all the cards.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Delpino posted:

Go back to EE, блуат.

It's блять.

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It's блять.

There's a reason my wife hates my inability to get the cyrillic alphabet right.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Delpino posted:

There's a reason my wife hates my inability to get the cyrillic alphabet right.

That doesn't make even remotely similar sound though.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
When your N looks like an H and your Y looks like an R there is no way Americans are going to get anything right.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Holy gently caress lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

George posted:

When your N looks like an H and your Y looks like an R there is no way Americans are going to get anything right.

There's not really a y sound in Russian.

я - ya (somewhat)
ю - yu (somewhat)
ё - yo (somewhat)
й - y (but not quite, also transcribed as i if preceded by ы)
ы - y (not even close, but transcribed so nonetheless)

I guess it also doesn't help that there's y in Russian, that sounds like "u" in "medium".

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can someone help me price this?

I didn't expect much with low life roll + some t3/4 mods but I threw it in a 20c stash tab and got spammed by like 8 people within 3 minutes and took another look at it.

I can't find anything comparable, even showing items listed by offline players. There aren't any amulets on HSC with this combination of mods and there are only two on Standard, they both have significantly lower rolls and are unpriced.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 2, 2017

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it worth lots

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Using the key mods, here's a similar amulet listed for 60c. Yours is better imo. Start high and inch it until it sells?

http://poe.trade/search/ososikitanikia

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ah there we go. I've learned this league that lots of attributes = huge price inflation, so I used your search to find this one, which is the same as mine but with crit strike instead of crit mult, and flat cold instead of rarity listed for 5ex

http://poe.trade/search/hewogatokaunos

I put mine up for 140c and I'll inch it down toward 100 if it doesn't sell. Thanks!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 2, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
So yesterday I found out it's possible to get down to 1% movespeed and use a quicksilver flask to charge up a Charged Dash, then release it when the flask ends.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HelplessBoringMinkResidentSleeper

I keep thinking about how to make this viable. Obviously you'd use an alchemist's quicksilver flask with 0% quality to ensure the shortest possible flask time, and use a movement skill that doesn't take into account movement speed, like Leap Slam or Shield Dash. Soulthirst should help too since it reduces flask time even further. You'd want to use something else for pack clearing, something that doesn't require precise positioning. Or heck, clear packs with Shield Dash.
Another way of pulling this poo poo off would be to wear Ondar's Clasp and The Goddess Bound (you'd want to put Charged Dash in your chest then, and boost it with flat damage) and let the boss damage you until you're low life at which point you start charging up, then heal with flasks when the charge is ready to go off. Wait, can you activate/deactivate auras while charging Charged Dash? In that case you could use a blood magic linked aura to control your life pool and use ES for your actual health. An alternative to using The Goddess Bound would be Rise of the Phoenix(probably a better option since you can wield a real weapon and use shield dash). Lori's Lantern gives movespeed on low life as well.
edit: nope can't toggle auras while channeling. I had another idea though. CWC-Dark Pact. Wear Lioneye's Paws to get reduced instead of increased movespeed on low life so that you can release the dash when Dark Pact puts you in low life. The difference is 40% so if you're normally walking around at 41% movespeed it works fine.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 2, 2017

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Good luck in town

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Good luck in town

Well I mean you could always swap gear in town to have enough movespeed to do things. If that's not your cup of tea, the Lioneye's Paws solution lets you walk around at 41% movespeed in town!

Edit: I calculated the amount of time cwc-dp would take to get you to low life and it's an abysmal 3.85 seconds. You'd want to speed it up by reserving like half your health. That'd get the required time down to 1.05 seconds. Blood Magic support gem on a herald would work nicely. Or I guess you could go with the Blood Magic keystone and use a bigger aura? Obviously you'd want to use ES as your primary defense in this case.
Oh hey you could use Doedre's Elixir to speed things up too!
OH poo poo WHAT ABOUT CAUSTIC FLASKS

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 2, 2017

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Woke up this morning with a singular mission: Kaom's Heart.

10 hours of chaos grinding later it is mine!

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
This post goes out to DBK, thank you for the suggestion friend! :v:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Shakenbaker posted:

Managed to get a Breach unique drop and of course it isn't one that's got any real value. Would it even be worth building around a Xoph bow? I've never done an ignite build and I'm half-rear end thinking about it.

I made a Xoph Bow + Signal Fire tornado shot ranger once in Breach, with The Taming + Emberwake back when Emberwake let Ignite stack up to 300 times and Taming gave you a 10% increased damage buff for every active Ignite.

It was bad against bosses/in high tier maps when Emberwake gave you 300 ignites, it's probably much worse now that it only gives you a second ignite.

Clear speed was pretty baller though even without Emberwake + Taming so if you wanna make a xoph bow currency farmer, go for it. I could clear the entirety of Dry Lake by firing like 5 times in expensive gear.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 3, 2017

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

is this loss

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

if I wanted to do something similar to this guy, I would need to be in a map with the Nemesis modifier before using the orbs, correct?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

frajaq posted:

if I wanted to do something similar to this guy, I would need to be in a map with the Nemesis modifier before using the orbs, correct?

Yes.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

frajaq posted:

Has to be the Zana mod, standard rolled nemesis affix won't work for whatever reason

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

Has to be the Zana mod, standard rolled nemesis affix won't work for whatever reason

Yeah. This. I always just assume the use of Zana but it's worth mentioning because people have been burned before.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Why does it need to be that way?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

headhunter is a nemesis exclusive item so you need to be in a nemesis area for it to drop or be orbed

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
loving ripped my lvl 65 templar last night in Act 9. Was following ZiggyD scorching ray / RF build. Died less than an hour after equipping RF - had enough mana/life regen that i was barely suffering any DoT, 4k hp, 900ish mana, MoM. Tankiest character I've played yet and still loving died!

Now got wild strike marauder going, so far so good but can't help wondering why I'm struggling so much to get through to maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lucifirius posted:

Why does it need to be that way?

the map modifiers only affect league mechanics that have been made part of the core game and don't apply the effect that makes an area be considered part of a specific league