Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's really Vaal Pact that's overtuned and not Berserker itself but Berserker is the best and easiest way to capitalize on what Vaal Pact offers and works for literally any build. VP is the only thing in the game that lets you instantly heal to full, and it does it on every attack or cast that leeches instead of being limited by flask charges or vaal skill souls or anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pastry Mistakes posted:

What's the most broken marauder build other than dark pact?

zerker (obv) with 400+ phys dps 1H sword, dagger or claw, crit bladeflurry with abyssus; zugzwang82 was streaming literally doing shapers as fast as he could whirl through the chaff

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zugzwang82

https://www.twitch.tv/zugzwang82

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Quick question about shaper orbs. Can the map that it's used on drop any maps up to the increased map level (i.e. Jungle Valley would now be able to drop Race Course) or can it still only drop maps linked on the atlas (i.e. only Jungle Valley and Beach)?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

PotatoManJack posted:

can it still only drop maps linked on the atlas (i.e. only Jungle Valley and Beach)?

That's only a thing when you don't have other maps completed.

Any map you've completed can always drop from enemies of an appropriate level.

Any map you have not completed, but that is directly connected to a map you're running, can also drop.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I had meant that originally Jungle Valley could only drop Tier 1 Maps, and Beach Maps, and was wondering if that changes with shaper orbs, but it seems that it does by your response re: monster level.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

PotatoManJack posted:

I had meant that originally Jungle Valley could only drop Tier 1 Maps, and Beach Maps, and was wondering if that changes with shaper orbs

That isn't quite true by the way. Assuming you have some unlocked, magic mobs can drop T2, rare/unique mobs can drop T3 in unshaped Jungle Valley. Just like all other dropped loot.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

What do you guys reckon is the hardest content I can realistically run on a sunder berserker? I should probably stick to just one character this league I think. I don't play much as it is (full time job + playing WoW). I don't have much currency right now ~45c +1ex. I would like to kill shaper as he seems to be the 'End boss'. Should I stick to this or level something else? This is my zerker right now https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Speaking of Dark Pact, how does it interact with CI? I assume you get no damage bonus from life you dont have, but does it instantly kill you or fail to cast? Failing that, do you still get the more area damage and radius boosts that apply "when using your life" applied to the base damage of the spell?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

kinetic blast is the most ridiculously powerful and fun thing i've ever seen

my god

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.
It appears I got kicked from guild while on holiday, anyone mind inviting back in if there's room? ign McFaceBeard

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

Speaking of Dark Pact, how does it interact with CI? I assume you get no damage bonus from life you dont have, but does it instantly kill you or fail to cast? Failing that, do you still get the more area damage and radius boosts that apply "when using your life" applied to the base damage of the spell?

Dark Pact can't kill you and you can cast it with 1 life. For CI it won't do self damage and won't get any bonus from your 1 remaining life but still gets the selfcast radius and multiplier. You should probably use it with skeletons anyway, just for the damage bonus.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

West007 posted:

What do you guys reckon is the hardest content I can realistically run on a sunder berserker? I should probably stick to just one character this league I think. I don't play much as it is (full time job + playing WoW). I don't have much currency right now ~45c +1ex. I would like to kill shaper as he seems to be the 'End boss'. Should I stick to this or level something else? This is my zerker right now https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jamiefox/characters

I'm p sure you can do almost anything on that, maybe with a different budget.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005

dis astranagant posted:

Dark Pact can't kill you and you can cast it with 1 life. For CI it won't do self damage and won't get any bonus from your 1 remaining life but still gets the selfcast radius and multiplier. You should probably use it with skeletons anyway, just for the damage bonus.

The idea is that because Dark Pact scales incredibly well with flat added damage, (almost 200% effectiveness on a 0.5 cast speed spell) you could do something like dual wield Apep's Rages on a mana Guardian. That will have the mana regen to support what would probably be 100% increased cast speed and 80% increased mana cost, and with those + added chaos you can just machinegun poo poo down with wither totem for bosses.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Xequecal posted:

The idea is that because Dark Pact scales incredibly well with flat added damage, (almost 200% effectiveness on a 0.5 cast speed spell) you could do something like dual wield Apep's Rages on a mana Guardian. That will have the mana regen to support what would probably be 100% increased cast speed and 80% increased mana cost, and with those + added chaos you can just machinegun poo poo down with wither totem for bosses.

If you're going to run it as CI, I'd cast it off of skeletons: You're not getting the life bonus since you're not spending any life, and while I don't have the math skills to check, I think three bursts of damage beats the single more multipler that self-cast would give you.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

..btt posted:

That isn't quite true by the way. Assuming you have some unlocked, magic mobs can drop T2, rare/unique mobs can drop T3 in unshaped Jungle Valley. Just like all other dropped loot.

Rares do not drop +2, that was changed a while ago - I am not sure about other unique mobs, but I don't think anything but the boss(es) can drop +2.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

Rares do not drop +2, that was changed a while ago - I am not sure about other unique mobs, but I don't think anything but the boss(es) can drop +2.

Oh really? I missed that patch note, and the wiki is wrong.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map

quote:

Magic and rare monsters can drop maps that are +1 tier above and map bosses can drop +2 tiers above the map area the character is in respectively.

Maybe there's another page that wasn't updated?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Map

Maybe there's another page that wasn't updated?

Yup: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_level

Not like it's surprising a wiki is inaccurate :)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Item Level is still monster level +2 from rares and uniques (e.g. invaders, exiles and bosses), map level is it's own thing since 2.0

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1304441

quote:

Map bosses are the only way to get a map that is two levels above the area you're in.

I realise now that I didn't specify that I only meant map levels in my initial reply - I forgot to address the last sentence of the post I quoted.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 5, 2017

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Ugh, why would they do that? Was it really so game breaking occasionally getting one map level higher that they had to decouple map drops from literally everything else that drops? Sometimes they make some really bizarre decisions.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

..btt posted:

Ugh, why would they do that? Was it really so game breaking occasionally getting one map level higher that they had to decouple map drops from literally everything else that drops? Sometimes they make some really bizarre decisions.

Not really no, the problem they were trying to address was that like now, a lot of bosses were skipped entirely pre 2.0 and with no Atlas bonus and fewer drops there was very little reason to do them at all especially since they were a lot more dangerous at the time - this was well before Ascendancy.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ciaphas posted:

kinetic blast is the most ridiculously powerful and fun thing i've ever seen

my god

Can confirm. I was leveling my Raider as a bow until I could drop in Piscator's Vigil at 65, and good lord it was amazing slotting in KB. Adding Thunderfist at 67 just kicked it up a notch.

Does anyone have a good video on tricks for aiming it to kill smaller packs?

I'm still dialing in how to make best use of it on smaller packs - it's kind of like chain Lightning Arrow - big groups will annihilate each other really well, but 2-3 guys take very little damage. I *think* the mechanic is that GMP + Pierce are interacting with the effect of the Skill Gem of "When I hit (or pierce) a dude, make 5 explosions nearby". So each of the 5 projectiles hits 2-3 guys, and thus 10-15 guys hit make 50-75 explosions

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Xequecal posted:

I do that anyway on a berserker with 6500 life wearing a bisco's. Mana's only an issue when I'm not leeching, which is why I switched out crave the slaughter, which only matters for single bosses on -recovery maps at my mediocre 5l damage, for war bringer. War Bringer gives me 20 seconds of rallying cry, basically full mana on cast after reservations, and an alternate source of healing in labs in cast traps get me down. Once I get a 6l going and stop using lazy mapping gems I shouldn't even really care about the missing leech on -recovery maps. CI would eat 1/3 of my dps.

Also blight jewels are much less annoying to use than wither totems.

If you're not running it off life, totem life, or skeleton life you should probably look into stacking added elemental damage but that will kill your all important reflect immunity.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 5, 2017

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I have a question about an interaction between some supports.

Basically, I just set up my boots to cast Tempest Shield and Immortal Call on damage(Cast on damage taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Tempest Shield) From the links, it looks like both supports match with both skills, but how does cast on damage taken work with multiple skills? Does it always do both?

Also, would it be worth dropping 2-4 points on Endurance Charge nodes to feed Immortal Call? I already have Warlords Mark as an aura, so I usually have 3 up.

I'm thinking I might switch to casting Tempest Shield manually though, so I have room to toss some supports on there. How effective would blind + chain support be?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

Not really no, the problem they were trying to address was that like now, a lot of bosses were skipped entirely pre 2.0 and with no Atlas bonus and fewer drops there was very little reason to do them at all especially since they were a lot more dangerous at the time - this was well before Ascendancy.

I would argue, with the benefit of hindsight, that was utterly ineffective and just added another obtuse inconsistency to the game. I mean, it doesn't make the game bad or anything, but it was a dumb change.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Would Cast When Damage Taken reduce the damage from Bloodrage?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sab669 posted:

No.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

no

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

..btt posted:

I would argue, with the benefit of hindsight, that was utterly ineffective and just added another obtuse inconsistency to the game. I mean, it doesn't make the game bad or anything, but it was a dumb change.

I don't disagree with you, I just relayed the reason they gave in the patch notes with the context as I recall it.

I found another clarification that I was unclear on myself:

quote:

Bonus unique monsters (such as Rogue Exiles) can not drop maps.
I thought they (apart from beyond bosses) could at least drop +1; but I guess not.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Mr. Whale posted:

You have very little flat life on your gear. That's why the % increase from belly doesn't do much.

I see... I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do, I like the uniques I have and all my yellows have +maximum life, do I just need to get some with more? Or ditch a unique?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

beejay posted:

I see... I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do, I like the uniques I have and all my yellows have +maximum life, do I just need to get some with more? Or ditch a unique?

You have life on your pieces, but it's low. Life rolls really high on some of these slots. Ideally you want 90+ life and resists on a rare ring, 90+ on a rare neck, 110+ on a belt, 90+ on head/boots/hands. You've either got uniques or really low life rolls in each of these spots. Crafted life lags behind what gear can naturally roll, so it's not really going to keep up.

Using uniques is fine, but each one is an opportunity cost tradeoff -- you weigh what the unique is giving you vs. what you'd get from a good rare. The Magnate is a particularly bad offender here; for the cost of your belt slot (which can get you a ton of resistances and life) you're getting lovely resistances, barely any life, and some cool but relatively minor perks. Personally I'd keep the Devoto's, ditch the Magnate, and start replacing your rares with better life rolls.

Here's a quick sample search for affordable rings with at least 90 life and at least 80 total resists. If your budget is real tight, you can drop those thresholds just a little and find big upgrades for dirt cheap. Same deal with the belts, but you actually push the threshold higher -- you can get 110+ health and 90 total resists for fairly cheap on a belt.

Once you start stacking up more flat life, your Belly will have a much more noticeable effect.

nerox
May 20, 2001
The other day I gave away all my stuff thinking I was done with the league and going to play the new xcom expansion. I couldn't get into xcom and the siren song of PoE is calling me back. Since I am basically starting over, I am going to level up a Dark pact dude that people seem to enjoy this league. I am looking at the forums and seeing a lot of different builds, can anyone recommend me the best one to do?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah you can usually pick up rings with like 60-70 life and 80% resists for practically nothing

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nerox posted:

The other day I gave away all my stuff thinking I was done with the league and going to play the new xcom expansion. I couldn't get into xcom and the siren song of PoE is calling me back. Since I am basically starting over, I am going to level up a Dark pact dude that people seem to enjoy this league. I am looking at the forums and seeing a lot of different builds, can anyone recommend me the best one to do?

I can't speak for other DP builds but Dark Pact totems is real, real fun and the damage is sick. It's basically Shockwave Totem, only actually good instead of terrible.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I decided to make a martyr of innocence build and the only good piece of gear I have is the actual martyr of innocence, and gruthkul melted in 10 seconds. Ive put almost all my nodes into life and survivability. What is happening

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Control Volume posted:

I decided to make a martyr of innocence build and the only good piece of gear I have is the actual martyr of innocence, and gruthkul melted in 10 seconds. Ive put almost all my nodes into life and survivability. What is happening

Do tell, what are you actually doing with it?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

Using uniques is fine, but each one is an opportunity cost tradeoff -- you weigh what the unique is giving you vs. what you'd get from a good rare. The Magnate is a particularly bad offender here; for the cost of your belt slot (which can get you a ton of resistances and life) you're getting lovely resistances, barely any life, and some cool but relatively minor perks. Personally I'd keep the Devoto's, ditch the Magnate, and start replacing your rares with better life rolls.

Thank you! For some reason I thought that belt was amazing but yeah I see how rares can actually beat it out. I was also a little fooled by the 32% increased physical damage, that sounds like a lot but it probably isn't in the grand scheme. Thanks again.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dennis McClaren posted:

gently caress yeah thanks.

Please invite : snookiebook to the goon guild if possible.

I whispered dbk a few times yesterday for an invite, but no response. I'm playing this game a lot.

Jbz posted:

Since there seems to be guild room again, could one of you nerds invite me.

MannyMeatSweats

e- rip guess its full, ive been owned again

Ovenmaster posted:

It appears I got kicked from guild while on holiday, anyone mind inviting back in if there's room? ign McFaceBeard

invited

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If there is still room I'd take an invite, character name Alarau, I've been on every day for a month and will probably keep going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

beejay posted:

If there is still room I'd take an invite, character name Alarau, I've been on every day for a month and will probably keep going.

sent