Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
How is Sonarr handling the Tick? Sickbeard see's it as 'The Tick 2016' from tvdb (although it has in fact only just aired) - but dumps the new episodes into the old 'The Tick' folders, with the old episode names. It's just a pain in the rear end to clean up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

porktree posted:

How is Sonarr handling the Tick? Sickbeard see's it as 'The Tick 2016' from tvdb (although it has in fact only just aired) - but dumps the new episodes into the old 'The Tick' folders, with the old episode names. It's just a pain in the rear end to clean up.

It handles same name releases very well. It places higher priority on the year when those happen so you don't get mix ups like that.

Just go to Sonarr.

Also, it's marked at The Tick 2016 because that's when the pilot came out originally.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

porktree posted:

I can't speak for that show in particular but I've used Sonarr on plenty shows that are "<Show> <Year>" in TVDB and it works perfectly. I don't think I've ever had an episode show up in the wrong folder.

About my biggest issue with Sonarr is it not post-processing stuff from Deluge at random. Got the Hard Link instead of copy option turned on, file completes but Sonarr's insisting it's still at 99% despite being done for hours. :shrug:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
You can manually set the folder for the episodes if Sonaar is dumping them into the wrong folder.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You can manually set the folder for the episodes if Sonaar is dumping them into the wrong folder.

Sonarr isn't doing it, it was Sickbeard.

Edit: Oh, nm. I just got what you meant.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Sonarr isn't doing it, it was Sickbeard.

Edit: Oh, nm. I just got what you meant.

Nah I just misread your question. Sickbeard doesn't let you set the folder?

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
https://newsgroupdirect.com/terabyte-tuesday

NGD is doing Terabyte Tuesday (on Thursday): $35 for a 1TB block, if any of your Highwinds block accounts are running low

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

MrCodeDude posted:

https://newsgroupdirect.com/terabyte-tuesday

NGD is doing Terabyte Tuesday (on Thursday): $35 for a 1TB block, if any of your Highwinds block accounts are running low

Couldn't be more timely as I was just thinking of dipping my toes back in Usenet after forever and a block account makes the most sense.

Time to read into how to make all of this work again. Back in my day, the ISP you had made you bleed for anything you wanted to download, hand stitching them together into bespoke bmps that had grey bars along the bottom 5% to 85% of the image.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Is there any reason to look for different indexers if I'm happy with my current one? I've been using nzbsu for the past few years, uptime etc all seems to be okay. I'm just wondering if different indexers offer anything different or if it's all much the same? Like can other indexers find files that others can't?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

It's just handy to have backups as indexers can suddenly disappear overnight

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
There's also some weird indexing phenomena -- for example, NzbNoob has a ton of old Adult Swim content I can't find on other indexers.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Same goes for music, some do better indexing than others.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Greatest Living Man posted:

There's also some weird indexing phenomena -- for example, NzbNoob has a ton of old Adult Swim content I can't find on other indexers.

Thanks for the heads up. I needed some other indexers.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Thanks yeah, I signed up for a dog account after my first post and managed to find a bunch of episodes of a popular sitcom which I've not been able to find on nzbsu (or elsewhere) and had always thought it strange I couldn't find them.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

My wife would reward me greatly if I could find an indexer with HGTV shows.

It's amazing how much you can find on Usenet, but there's some obvious gaps.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Thermopyle posted:

Yeah, I find Cooking\Home & Garden\Kids shows to be the biggest gaps in my coverage :(

ippon
Nov 16, 2012
Same. That stuff just doesn't seem to exist in any useful capacity.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Thermopyle posted:

Lemme know some names of shows you can't find and I'll check my indexers through Hydra.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I've always found nzb.su to be pretty good for that kind of content. Any time I forget to sub for awhile, I hear about it from the woman. She loves that stuff like Property Brothers and etc.

Edit: to the guy below, casual search has a few on the above. Remember to set quality to Any for these shows, they aren't always tagged properly and some are capped only in SD. Also don't forget torrents, Sonarr supports them.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 5, 2017

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Lemme know some names of shows you can't find and I'll check my indexers through Hydra.

For the love of god mine would love me forever if you can find House Hunters Renovation.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Yeah I would say set quality to Any and make sure to use Sonarr. I am seeing a lot of these on NZBGeek especially. Then maybe Tabula Rasa, NZBNdx, ABNzb... Doesn't look like a lot of these are complete archives though.

And if nothing's popping up, check your Sonarr debug log file.

Worst case scenario, it's available on Sling. Cheapest w/o ads would be Hulu Plus for 12/mo

Greatest Living Man fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 5, 2017

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The free-usenet buy one block get one free deal ends in 7 days FYI. just got an email.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

For the love of god mine would love me forever if you can find House Hunters Renovation.

I just checked, the most recent season is on all the major indexers

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Probably old news, but I noticed NZBCat no longer does lifetime VIP, but those that did get it before June are grandfathered in and keep it. That seems like a neater solution than Dog at least.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

I assume you're talking about nzbgeek.info and nzb.su here (just making sure, I imagine the scammer copycat potential is high for this class of sites)?

They both appear to be open signup? Are there restrictions to the accounts there? And, I guess, are they decent indexers?

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

Are there any nZEDb installation guides that actually work? I've been trying to spin one up in an Ubuntu VM on and off for a couple of weeks, and no matter what OS version and guide I try to follow, I always end up running into a seemingly unsolvable problem. Googling for solutions generally leads me to other people asking the same questions with no working answers. I'm no Unix guru, but I've had Newznab up and running strong under both Ubuntu and Windows in the past, and I'd really like to try something similar again.

edit: Hell, never mind, I guess posting about it magically made it work. There's some fuckery about manually adding the time zone value into the database, and using nginx you have to edit some stuff in the php.ini files in both /etc/php/7.0/cli and /etc/php/7.0/fpm/, but it just pulled a couple of releases down on a quick test. Now I just have to re-learn everything about the configuration...

Acid Reflux fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 6, 2017

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Ugh, looks like the house hunters shows (which are indexed on nzbgeek!) don't match up with thetvdb at all so of course Sonarr doesnt do poo poo with them.

That's another problem I run in to like every time with these shows that aren't exactly mainstream usenet material.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Thermopyle posted:

Ugh, looks like the house hunters shows (which are indexed on nzbgeek!) don't match up with thetvdb at all so of course Sonarr doesnt do poo poo with them.

That's another problem I run in to like every time with these shows that aren't exactly mainstream usenet material.

In that case try using NZBGeek's TVSeek feature. I haven't personally used it, but it would seem to supersede Sonarr/TVDB problems.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

There just aren't enough scene guys out there with wives or girlfriends, it's a shame.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Thermopyle posted:

Make a mapping on XEM to correct that! (or ask someone to do it for you)

http://thexem.de/

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You could always submit a translation map of the episodes on tvdb/scene listings to TheXEM. Sonarr uses this automatically and should fix your woes, and it's a loooot easier than trying to convince the people at tvdb that they're wrong about yet another thing.

E: beaten!

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Keito posted:

Make a mapping on XEM to correct that! (or ask someone to do it for you)

http://thexem.de/

Whoa I'll have to check this out.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Nfcknblvbl posted:

There just aren't enough scene guys out there with wives or girlfriends, it's a shame.

This is a bit of a gag, but it is an issue that the scene is (or appears to be) somewhat homogeneous. I'm sure there are some groups that just strip everything out there, but it's always going to be easier to find something from Adult Swim or VICE than something from OWN or BET or HGN (regardless of actual viewership), or even something similarly "niche" from a mainstream network.

Totally dumb to say "My :filez: aren't diverse enough!" but it's something I've noticed.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The xem doesn't do air-by-date shows.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
I tend to just let my wife buy those goofy shows. I figure it's all still cheaper than cable.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
PayPal is refusing to give money to Astraweb, so I guess I need a new unlimited provider? Any suggestions?

There's about a gig of data in the SAB cache folder. Can I delete all of that? My os partition only has 60gb (I have no idea what I was thinking when I set this up) and space is getting tight.

XRoja
Jan 8, 2002
Grimey Drawer

EC posted:

PayPal is refusing to give money to Astraweb, so I guess I need a new unlimited provider? Any suggestions?

Came here to see if others were getting the same thing. I'm going to try Supernews (as suggested in the OP). I've never used them before but they seem well-established.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I ran into that a few weeks ago. They accept credit cards if you want to continue with Astraweb.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Can someone tell me why Sonarr wont manually import some video files?

firstly I have one ep that Sonarr still thinks is downloading. it definitely is not still downloading, and I am unable to manually import it until the purple progress bar goes away. it just says 'import completed' and then doesnt do anything else.

secondly. I have some other completed episodes that wont allow manual import because it does not see .mkv files? this is happening in Radarr too. can see the completed file, it did complete successfully, but a manual import says there is no video files found in the folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Laserface posted:

Can someone tell me why Sonarr wont manually import some video files?

firstly I have one ep that Sonarr still thinks is downloading. it definitely is not still downloading, and I am unable to manually import it until the purple progress bar goes away. it just says 'import completed' and then doesnt do anything else.

secondly. I have some other completed episodes that wont allow manual import because it does not see .mkv files? this is happening in Radarr too. can see the completed file, it did complete successfully, but a manual import says there is no video files found in the folder.

Folder permissions?