Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

grack posted:

So who's the next money mark in line?

Brock Lesnar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WHATS CONOR MCGREGOR DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Taintrunner posted:

WHATS CONOR MCGREGOR DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE

trying to find the bathroom while visiting the theme park

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

grack posted:

So who's the next money mark in line?

bischoff

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Brock Lesnar.

He would produce a single 2 hour show, of him just suplexing and F5ing everyone while Heyman does commentary at ringside, then the company closes.

Sotar fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 7, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I want this to happen and for them to bring Okada in just to rainmaker everybody in TNA for the hell of it

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status/905555054006034432

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Global Force Wrestling Announces Global Broadcast and Digital Expansion Initiatives

NASHVILLE | TORONTO – Global Force Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., announced today numerous global and digital expansion initiatives, including:

- Plans to launch the Global Wrestling Network, a multi-platform digital service designed to give fans around the world instant 24-hour access to the extensive GFW and IMPACT libraries.

- Plans to launch the IMPACT Wrestling Channel on Pluto TV, a 24-hour live feed of content on the leading free over-the-top (OTT) television service in the U.S.

- Extension with Pop TV in the U.S. to continue airing its flagship weekly show IMPACT on Thursday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET.

- Distribution deal with 7Sports, the sport business unit of the ProSiebenSat.1 Group, to bring IMPACT back to screens in Germany, Austria and Switzerland via ran FIGHTING.

IMPACT showcases top professional wrestling stars such as GFW Champion Eli Drake, Bobby Lashley, the high-flying X-Division, the lovely and lethal Knockouts, including Sienna, Rosemary and Gail Kim, plus talent from international partner promotions such as Johnny Impact, Naomichi Marufuji and El Hijo del Fantasma. The 3,000+ hour library features household industry names such as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode and many more.

“These digital initiatives and broadcast agreements are a significant step forward for the Global Force Wrestling organization as we continue to expand the brand globally, making it available on more platforms and in more countries,” said Ed Nordholm, president of Global Force Wrestling. “Anthem is committed to broadening Global Force Wrestling’s footprint, as we work alongside international broadcast partners, digital platforms and professional wrestling promotions to bring our passionate fans a high-quality product that not only stands out in today’s media landscape, but continues to thrive into the future.”

Additional details about the launch of the Global Wrestling Network and IMPACT Wrestling Channel on Pluto TV will be revealed in the near future. For more information on Pluto TV, visit https://www.pluto.tv.

“We are excited to extend our partnership with Anthem and remain the exclusive linear television home of IMPACT in the U.S.,” said David Mandell, COO of Pop. “IMPACT delivers over 100 hours of original programming per year on Pop with some of the best and most passionate fans in television. With our broad distribution across all major cable and satellite providers, as well as almost every new over-the-top bundle, including DirecTV Now, Sony Vue, Fubo TV, Hulu TV and YouTube TV, IMPACT fans have more options than ever to catch their favorite show every week.”

IMPACT will be available as part of the ran FIGHTING BLACK PASS for €3.99 per month at ranFIGHTING.de across Germany, Austria and Switzerland starting on Sept. 8, which includes a simulcast of IMPACT on ran FIGHTING’s 24/7 web channel, plus VOD access to IMPACT episodes and One Night Only specials. The service also gives customers the opportunity to purchase GFW’s premium annual pay-per-view events, including Bound for Glory and Slammiversary.

“The deal with ProSieben marks the second major European broadcaster to license IMPACT, including Spike UK earlier this year,” Nordholm added. “Coupled with the Pop renewal, our digital launches and significant increase in YouTube views, this reflects the increasing excitement and demand for GFW’s content.”

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The extensive GFW library

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything is fine! Everything is fine!!!! We certainly own the name to this exciting and growing company!!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Ahem MRT I am a huge winner in this.
:yossame:
A quick check shows they got into the most basic package available on ranfighting.de, in good company with selected card from Z-level boxing, kickboxing and MMA. Sounds about right.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
I look away for one second and this poo poo happens :wtc:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RZApublican posted:

The extensive GFW library

A quick and dirty tally of what they have -

1100 hours of Impact (700 in HD)

750 hours of Xplosion (350 in HD)

432 hours of monthly PPV's (252 in HD)

220 hours of weekly PPV's

Total: 2502 hours (1302 in HD)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

EugeneJ posted:

Don't forget GFW Amped, a thing that they somehow keep advertising on their website.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RZApublican posted:

Don't forget GFW Amped, a thing that they somehow keep advertising on their website.

I'm gonna guess Jarrett owns that footage

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Writer Cath posted:

Brock Lesnar.

Brock: I hate people and I want to just go somewhere where I don't have to see or talk to anybody, and nobody will ever show up.
Anthem: I got you fam.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

EugeneJ posted:

That's not over 9000.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Re: Jeff Jarrett

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/905377990875471873

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shut up vince

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Updated bio and posted this

https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/905627295108390913

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Sweet, he's reprising his Spring Breakers character. Jacked for Jesus!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Wouldn't Russo's head have exploded by now if this were true?

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Sweet, he's reprising his Spring Breakers character. Jacked for Jesus!

There's no way Jeff Jarrett is in a Harmony Korine fi...

Oh my god.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's not how Karma Chameleon goes!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its cute how the use all these big words to refer to this piece of poo poo dead company-scam

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

inject this thread directly into my veeeinnsssss

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

DJExile posted:

inject this thread directly into my veeeinnsssss

Don't OD or you will be greeted by visions of cheex.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
T R Double A D E Mark

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

No, he did this to be in charge of TNA again. GFW doesn't exist. It has no roster, it runs no shows, it is a few boxes of shirts and trucker hats. TNA didn't give it any publicity or promotion because it does not exist. His only play in this was to get back into TNA and make money as an executive and sometimes wrestler. He's now lost that. Literally everyone is a loser in this situation.

Jeff Jarrett is Raul Julia M. Bison and Anthem is an exasperated Sagat, waving around handfuls of useless Bison Bucks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/905941741085306880

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think at this point the word investment can be replaced with raging dumpster fire

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Oh my god that is WCW pace.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
He kinda back tracked on that claim.

I just don't see how they are spending that money these days.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

He kinda back tracked on that claim.

I just don't see how they are spending that money these days.

When you consider they're making approximately $0, it gets more plausible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

When you consider they're making approximately $0, it gets more plausible.

It's really not though. To lose a bit more than that a week WCW had to put on massive money losing live events every week, blow up a bunch of cars and spend $30 million on talent. The talent is almost all per date now, they have a skeleton crew, and run no shows.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It's really not though. To lose a bit more than that a week WCW had to put on massive money losing live events every week, blow up a bunch of cars and spend $30 million on talent. The talent is almost all per date now, they have a skeleton crew, and run no shows.

Maybe Dixie is being paid $50 million to be a consultant.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/905957421402771457

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is funnier because he's out of the company now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

thanks for reminding me I could be watching something else, agent 47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Taintrunner posted:

thanks for reminding me I could be watching something else, agent 47

It's ok to do that when you have double their audience.