Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes posted:

Interesting idea, here. Maybe Nighteye or someone will try to force him to give up his quirk.

The only one who can do that is Nighteye and by doing so the nature of One for All becomes that much more likely to become public knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That he smiled to Eri even though he could feel years of dreaming and hard work slipping down the drain was amazing. Great chapter.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Vengarr posted:

That he smiled to Eri even though he could feel years of dreaming and hard work slipping down the drain was amazing. Great chapter.

Even if his quirk is gone for good--they'll have to give him gear to keep going. He absolutely exemplifies the ideal that they're trying to promote.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mirio's dad is an American from a Japanese English textbook.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mindblast posted:

It's really clear now why Mirio's an ofa candidate. Must've been a tough call for All Might.

It was never a call for All Might. He never met Mirio before giving the power to Izuku.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Reading the chapter while listening to Jet Set Run was p drat dope.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Holy poo poo that last page though!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe Mirio's still alive.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mirio and Ragdoll need to start a team of depowered heroes that still fight crime.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Grouchio posted:

I can't believe Mirio's still alive.

Don't relax until it's over. Shigaraki is still hanging around somewhere.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Man what Overhaul does to Eri sounds more and more awful given the context.

She literally just closes her eyes because she knows she's going to "die" and that's the only way she knows how to deal with it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Don't relax until it's over. Shigaraki is still hanging around somewhere.

is he? he lent a couple people to overhaul but that doesn't mean he's there in person. was there ever any indication that he's actually there in person right now?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Nope we even saw the part where Toga and Twice got send in. They are the only ones there.

And watching Overhauls plan crash and burn was his goal to begin with. There is no way the Villain Allience will step in at this point.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Chances are the only reason the Villain Alliance would make more of an appearance at this point is if they get to finish off Overhaul and/or co-opt his organization.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm interested to see if this really is the Swan song for Overhaul. The serum that apparently counteracts the finished bullets is on Overhauls person.

Mirio won't be quirkless for long if he gets busted here with that still on him.

Also without him Eri loses all significance to the plot.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Radish posted:

Mirio and Ragdoll need to start a team of depowered heroes that still fight crime.

they could join up with the guy from vigilantes

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Chances are the only reason the Villain Alliance would make more of an appearance at this point is if they get to finish off Overhaul and/or co-opt his organization.

There's no way the VA doesn't end up with at least one of those Quirk-killer bullets. Since Twice can duplicate them.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fabricated posted:

I'm interested to see if this really is the Swan song for Overhaul. The serum that apparently counteracts the finished bullets is on Overhauls person.

Mirio won't be quirkless for long if he gets busted here with that still on him.

Also without him Eri loses all significance to the plot.

Wait did I miss that serum?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mirio's just too cool.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait did I miss that serum?

The thread had been speculating that it would be (strategically) dumb for him not to have developed an antidote, but I don't remember ever getting actual confirmation that he had.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sub Harrison posted:

There is no way his quirk is just gone forever. I bet Eri can use her quirk to nullify the ability of her own quirk or something. This would be the equivalent of Rock Lee ending up in a wheelchair for life after his Gaara fight. Wayyy too brutal for a shonen character.

Not like that happened to Guy or anything

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Anyway this panel gave me chills

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Subterfuge posted:

The thread had been speculating that it would be (strategically) dumb for him not to have developed an antidote, but I don't remember ever getting actual confirmation that he had.

It's like when you develop weaponized pathogens: you always have a cure for turbo-ebola at hand.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Dr Subterfuge posted:

overhaul had two containers on him. He referred to one as "the finished product" and the other as "the serum".

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Mirio is so loving ace :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Aurora posted:

Not like that happened to Guy or anything

Still mad about that, by the way. Guy had won. He'd beaten Madara, and without resorting to special bullshit techniques, but by using a move he obtained through hard work and determination. Madara only survived because of that "Psych! I'm an immortal, endlessly regenerating zombie!" nonsense, and Guy got put into a wheelchair for his trouble.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikl posted:

Still mad about that, by the way. Guy had won. He'd beaten Madara, and without resorting to special bullshit techniques, but by using a move he obtained through hard work and determination. Madara only survived because of that "Psych! I'm an immortal, endlessly regenerating zombie!" nonsense, and Guy got put into a wheelchair for his trouble.

God Naruto is so loving poo poo. All that talk about hard work and then bam every major villain just has super genetics or lucked their way into getting power or got handed it as a circumstance of their birth. And gently caress, so does loving Naruto. Compare to this manga, where the main character is handed a powerful quirk yes, but he's handed it because of who he is as a person rather than who his parents happened to be.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This chapter just has such great art, so many killer panels.

Mikl posted:

Pretty sure it was after the immortal zombie thing and he just no sell'd it with like... a straight no sell. "My ribs would be broken but they're not" or something about chakra.

I sometimes wonder if there's a lot of contempt in Naruto's writing for people who like certain characters.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing that scene had going for it is that Madara flat out says he recognizes Guy as the strongest Taijutsu master he has ever seen.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

This chapter just has such great art, so many killer panels.
Pretty sure it was after the immortal zombie thing and he just no sell'd it with like... a straight no sell. "My ribs would be broken but they're not" or something about chakra.

I sometimes wonder if there's a lot of contempt in Naruto's writing for people who like certain characters.

He got exploded said he almost died and started regenerating because ??? I don't even know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnOE9-2EXqA

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Even if he lost his powers Mirio's gonna become a cop or something. Goddamn he's so cool. :swoon:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mikl posted:

It's almost like it was a poorly-executed story most of the time, as compared to this, a well-execute story (so far)

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Law Cheetah posted:

they could join up with the guy from vigilantes

Doubtful. I can't see Mirio joining up with a crazy criminal like Knuckleduster.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I wouldn't be surprised if Knuckleduster is dead by the time the main series starts

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

Why not? MHA already has a huge cast, and Mirio isn't even a main character. From a story telling perspective, this is a growth opportunity for Deku, and it would be squandered if everything just turns out hunky dory in the end. Not much different than Ingenium and Ida, IMO.

Also the manga is still about high schoolers. Doesn't really fit our classroom dynamic to have our senpais critically maimed.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mo_Steel posted:

Even if he lost his powers Mirio's gonna become a cop or something. Goddamn he's so cool. :swoon:

if he becomes a cop he is no longer cool

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my hero academia: the blazing hot naruto take thread

Countblanc posted:

if he becomes a cop he is no longer cool

I mean really being a superhero in a setting with registration and government oversight basically already makes you a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blockhouse posted:

my hero academia: the blazing hot naruto take thread

MHA is like looking into an alternate world where everything that sucked about Naruto was fixed and it moved at a less laborious pace.