Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hauki posted:

Your profile is set to private

Try again please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Just to check, I can drop RT on my sunder Glad now I'm offhanding Tempestuous Steel right?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm fairly sure that the hits can't be evaded mod on tempestuous steel only applies to its own hits, so it won't work when being used as a stat stick offhand.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Before I part it out, anyone interested in rolling a skelly-mage summoner? I have a full set up including jewels and a 6L chest that I'm looking to unload.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm fairly sure that the hits can't be evaded mod on tempestuous steel only applies to its own hits, so it won't work when being used as a stat stick offhand.

Yeah it doesn't say "your hits" so its a local mod.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm thinking of making some kind of elemental attacker that has 100%+ movement speed so probably queen of the forest chest, would I be better served going the fotm wander or some kind of archer with doomfletch or something?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

silvergoose posted:

Hallowed Ground sure was unfun to get one-shotted by the boss six times. Want to punch something right now.

Fucker hits like a truck, I'm lucky I didn't die when I ran it at level 75 or something ridiculously low with mediocre gear. Honestly that map feels more like a nasty tier 10 than a tier 4.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm thinking of making some kind of elemental attacker that has 100%+ movement speed so probably queen of the forest chest, would I be better served going the fotm wander or some kind of archer with doomfletch or something?

Have you considered dreamfeather qotf spec throw? Raider or Pathfinder, 90% ele conversion.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

interrodactyl posted:

Have you considered dreamfeather qotf spec throw? Raider or Pathfinder, 90% ele conversion.

This except blade flurry. Can do ele or pure phys.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

St is way nicer feeling for general go fast mapping.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Control Volume posted:

Fucker hits like a truck, I'm lucky I didn't die when I ran it at level 75 or something ridiculously low with mediocre gear. Honestly that map feels more like a nasty tier 10 than a tier 4.

Well I'm 83 with kinda crappy great and well.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

NPR Journalizard posted:

I wouldnt mind taking a peek just to compare it against my own.

Sure, here's a link to my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/BobsBestFriend/characters

The Essence Drain is Quality_Manager.
I'm on HC, so I might pick a few more life nodes (Melding Wheel) that could work to more damage instead.
My next consideration is going for a second curse with Whispers of Doom. That's 6 points away for me and I'm currently level 82, so very feasible. This needs to be combined with Witchfire Brew flask. I might pick up the flasks nodes once I do as well.
I have my doubts about the Potency of Will wheel. Did you take it?

Gear-wise, I am fairly budget. The most expensive so far is the corrupted 6L that I picked up yesterday for 25c.
Ideally, I want a Skin of the Loyal, Cherrubim's Maleficence or the MoM armour.
The weapon can (should) be replaced with a Breath of the Council, but I really like the life/mana per level for HC.
Attack speed on gloves is great for shield charging, which is a must in my opinion. I cast Contagion into ED and zerg forward 3 times to clear a few screens. Something I did not do on earlier builds for some reason...

If I stay alive for a few more levels, I'm going to sink my currency into this character and see where it will take me.
Crafting rings with Chaos damage should be fun..

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm doing flurry so I can do t16s with biscos and delete shaper, but if you want to run fast and feel good play ST

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

interrodactyl posted:

I'm doing flurry so I can do t16s with biscos and delete shaper, but if you want to run fast and feel good play ST

Mind sharing your build? I'm doing flurry too and dont think I could drop Carnage Heart for biscos.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I see Death's Opus went from 10c to 1.5 exalts practically overnight. I assume this is either Ziggy or Mathil's doing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

I see Death's Opus went from 10c to 1.5 exalts practically overnight. I assume this is either Ziggy or Mathil's doing.

Mathil's latest build guide uses death's opus

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Mathil. It's basically what I was doing on my first character - but Opus is a bit better damage than Windripper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK3UwNUcBi8

Do this but with windripper and a Bisco and make more money and QotF to run faster.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SmashCrushington/characters

I'm looking to take my Ngamahu character through Shaper/Uber, but not totally sure where I can take his gear on a decently limited budget (a little less than 5ex right now without liquidating everything; I could probably bump that up to 7 or 8 if I sell some gear I'm not using). Character name's SpinWinnington.

Off the top of my head, some upgrades I could make in no particular order:
- Xoph's Blood is probably the biggest upgrade I could get, but way out my price range for now
- A 6L Bronn's Lithe w/ Fortify in the last socket (also pretty out of my budget atm)
- My boots/rings/helmet suck and my gloves are extremely mediocre
- I should probably take Iron Reflexes
- Dying Sun/Wise Oak eventually
- I should probably be leveling WED or GMP or something in my swap to vaal slam

Is there anything I missed? What's a good order to tackle these?

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

TheRat posted:

Holy poo poo the Yriel's Fostering with the Rhoa skill are 7ex now.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Beorc/characters

can I get some advice on my wander it's Beorcblaster.

I am not sure what to upgrade next as far as I can tell my options should be

Better rings with Weapon elemental damage.
Vinktar with added lighting damage instead of penetration
6L queen
Better dps helm with the barrage

I am personally leaning toward vinktar or rings as those would be the cheaper options. I'm not real rich or anything I just want to know what i should be grinding for next.

I am sitting at 101/126 and I'm pretty sure I can push higher if needed but I might hit a wall on single target dps I think my tree looks ok once I hit 90 I should pick up the final two wand crit nodes at the top.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TheRat posted:

is he also using a lioneyes fall

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
His effect on gear is so bad that he bans people from his chat who even talk about how they're going to make money flipping the poo poo he uses.

Kinda funny.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

is he also using a lioneyes fall

IIRC he said he thought about it but decided against it; prices spiked anyway

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

has there been a bigname streamer who was actually flipping the items he talks up because i feel like that has to happen at some point

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm going to loving laugh so hard if I'm a build hipster three out of six characters. I've got several Death's Opaii in my league stash right now. But I'm not touching my slayer gear otherwise.

Mizar
Jul 28, 2005
Ugh

Mizar posted:

Holy poo poo the Yriel's Fostering with the Rhoa skill are 7ex now.

annnnnnnd it just insta-sold. Thanks Mathil.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

fall is 'down' to about 165c right now, from a high of like 180 and a low of 90; im kinda hoping it drops more but im running out of skill points i can allocate without it

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

StashAugustine posted:

fall is 'down' to about 165c right now, from a high of like 180 and a low of 90; im kinda hoping it drops more but im running out of skill points i can allocate without it

I picked one up for 15c.

Day 3 or 4.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

clearly the solution is to buy lion cards at 10c a set and hope for the best

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

I'm pretty new to this game and attempting to play it. Only just started scratching at red maps with a recommended fresh league sunder build. I'm discovering I'm poor as gently caress and have little concept of item value (beyond just checking the worth of any unique that drops for me). Trying to figure out where to go from here.

Do I keep carving through yellow maps for currency and hopefully some kind of big money drop? Try to upgrade to a different build to push deeper into maps?

This thing dropped, but I'm seeing a bizarre gulf in value when I check it out on poe trade:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Those are perfect rolls, so they're worth considerably more.

Longbike
Sep 7, 2011

Droxis posted:

I'm pretty new to this game and attempting to play it. Only just started scratching at red maps with a recommended fresh league sunder build. I'm discovering I'm poor as gently caress and have little concept of item value (beyond just checking the worth of any unique that drops for me). Trying to figure out where to go from here.

Do I keep carving through yellow maps for currency and hopefully some kind of big money drop? Try to upgrade to a different build to push deeper into maps?

This thing dropped, but I'm seeing a bizarre gulf in value when I check it out on poe trade:

Unless I am mistaken that is a perfect damage roll and thus worth a lot. Pretty sure the range is 600-800.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Droxis posted:

gently caress this game

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Longbike posted:

Unless I am mistaken that is a perfect damage roll and thus worth a lot. Pretty sure the range is 600-800.

Huh, alright. With that in mind it appears to be selling for 100+ chaos potentially? Would wisdom denote turning that into a Bisco's amulet? Turn money into more money.

Or is this a catalyst into a murder god build?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The game is giving you a sign to PUNCH poo poo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Droxis posted:

Huh, alright. With that in mind it appears to be selling for 100+ chaos potentially? Would wisdom denote turning that into a Bisco's amulet? Turn money into more money.

100-120c give or take.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Mind sharing your build? I'm doing flurry too and dont think I could drop Carnage Heart for biscos.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/interrodactyl/characters?charactername=PleaseBuffWanders

I take a +30 node, but you can get it on boots/rings/helmet to fill it out. It's just not worth the extra $$$ I'd have to invest to get it on a GG piece of gear right now, since I have plenty of life and no shortage of damage. I also take 6 jewel slots, which I don't recommend unless you have lots of money for nice jewels (3-4 is more reasonable for 3 prop jewels). That gives you a bunch more points to fill out life or more damage as necessary.

For bossing I have a Multi/Crit/Life/Flat phys ammy, swap out Dying Sun for Lion's Roar or Wise Oak, and swap in Conc Effect and Ele Focus

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 11, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Droxis posted:

buy a biscos

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
"buy a biscos" is basically the answer to all poe questions

facebreaker builds are fun too but you could sell those, buy a biscos, and then buy a pair of like 780% facebreakers with the leftover money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well drat dont i feel dumb for selling my opus for 35c a few days ago