Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

This sure looks like...something.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/681240/Dujanah/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Ride to Hell was a quality game

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mordhau alpha Steam keys are about to drop, if anyone here backed it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Some of the normal cutscenes were even better than the sex scenes. They would go down exactly the way you'd suspect in a lovely direct-to-tv movie. The game is a true Exodus from the Earth experience.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tooth and tail is out today and looks cute. Anyone played it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286000/Tooth_and_Tail/

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I'm down with a Redwall that's set in the 1900s and is probably slightly less violent.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think we want to see what prose Brian could make if guns were part of the equation.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tooth and tail looks good but there are valid concerns that the relatively tame WWI setting will indirectly sanitize most of the visceral trauma and violence that characterizes the world of children's classic Redwall.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

I know this ship has sailed, but for the love of Ramone, can we stop adding -punk as a suffix to random words?

(The answer is no.) :(

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I know this ship has sailed, but for the love of Ramone, can we stop adding -punk as a suffix to random words?

(The answer is no.) :(

Time to introduce a stop-punk game and use it as a vehicle for you political spiel.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Okami is not a game you can brush off. (I am ready to play it again.)

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jamfrost posted:

Okami is not a game you can brush off. (I am ready to play it again.)

You could say it is a... :master:

But seriously, Okami is great. Maybe this time i'll actually finish it, unlike the original and the first re-release. I love the game, it's just so long...

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Baron posted:

You could say it is a... :master:

But seriously, Okami is great. Maybe this time i'll actually finish it, unlike the original and the first re-release. I love the game, it's just so long...

Okami is great, but there's really no shame in not finishing it. It's basically three full-length zelda games back to back. There's just a ridiculous amount of content, and by the time you get to the third region the combat starts to really drag.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I rounded up the Weeklong Deals again, since Steam decided to actually have them this week. There's a mess of good stuff in there too, particularly if you like roguelikes. I also went ahead and reviewed a weird little indie platformer called Langoth which was more of a disappointment than I was prepared for, so always be careful if you choose to dip into the Weeklong pool.

Weeklong Deal roundup here

Langoth review here

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Humble Capcom/Sega/Atlus Bundle

Pay $1:
Rollers of the Realm
Zeno Clash 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Bionic Commando
Citizens of Earth

BTA:
Renegade Ops Collection
Sonic Generations + DLC
Resident Evil 4
Dead Rising 1
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Pay $12:
Motorsport Manager
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So if you want to become a curator, you need to start a "this is a group I created for the purpose of becoming a curator" group?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Sep 12, 2017

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
http://store.steampowered.com/app/286000

let's hear some goon opinions on this game please

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yes.

Rollers of the Realm is great. Well worth a buck.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

odiv posted:

Tooth and tail is out today and looks cute. Anyone played it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286000/Tooth_and_Tail/

Bought it and the OST since Austin Wintory is excellent and it's real good. I'm only a couple missions in but everything about it is great from the flavor text on the units to the voice acting. The combat portion is fun, there's minor base building so far and the unit control is easy to pick up and handle. Really happy with it so far for being out of nowhere for me.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

The Kins posted:

Humble Capcom/Sega/Atlus Bundle

Pay $1:
Rollers of the Realm
Zeno Clash 2
Sonic Adventure 2
Bionic Commando
Citizens of Earth

BTA:
Renegade Ops Collection
Sonic Generations + DLC
Resident Evil 4
Dead Rising 1
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

Pay $12:
Motorsport Manager
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition

€5 for Dead Rising — is it worth it?

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Xander77 posted:

So if you want to become a curator, you need to start a "this is a group I created for the purpose of becoming a creator" group?

Yuuuuuuuup. The curator system is awkwardly attached to the group system, with both being entirely separate things except it's not possible to have a curator page without a group. Your group members and curator followers are separate groups, with curator followers only ever seeing your curations and group members only ever seeing your events and announcements, unless you can somehow convince people to join both.

It's stupid and I hope Valve does something about it when they push whatever revamp they've been planning to the curator system but I have no actual faith they will.

Jordan7hm posted:

Yes.

Rollers of the Realm is great. Well worth a buck.

It's short and doesn't have a whole lot to it but it's charming as hell and the RPG/pinball mashup is super entertaining. I've been playing it in spurts outside of other games, I might try to write more about it this week.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tippis posted:

€5 for Dead Rising — is it worth it?
Yes.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Woah... I might jump on that Humble Bundle. Gotta check if I want Citizens of Earth and Sonic Generations bad enough.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sonic Generations is definitely worth 5-6 bucks

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Begemot posted:

Okami is great, but there's really no shame in not finishing it. It's basically three full-length zelda games back to back. There's just a ridiculous amount of content, and by the time you get to the third region the combat starts to really drag.

You also fight the same bosses multiple times. That and the length are the worst things about it, but ultimately Okami is a really drat good game.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Each game in the BTA tier is worth the price alone, all of them bundled like this is a steal.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best part of Ride to Hell is how when faced with an electric fence your main character hijacks a tanker truck, drives it to the electric dam, and blows it up to disable the entire power grid.

Palpek posted:

Some of the normal cutscenes were even better than the sex scenes. They would go down exactly the way you'd suspect in a lovely direct-to-tv movie. The game is a true Exodus from the Earth experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iESeVT94Wcw&t=1710s

28:30 if the timecode doesn't work. Also spoilers, I guess.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

That's a really solid BTA and DMC4 is worth the extra ~£4 if you don't have it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Begemot posted:

Whether as part of the official port or done by modders, I really hope this time you can skip through dialogue and toggle off your bug buddy spoiling every puzzle as soon as you encounter it. That alone would probably make playing it at length way more tolerable, maybe with keyboard shortcuts to minimize having to draw the same glyphs thousands of times.

Jamfrost posted:

Woah... I might jump on that Humble Bundle. Gotta check if I want Citizens of Earth and Sonic Generations bad enough.

I was pretty interested in Citizens of Earth but it's a surprisingly dull game. Despite trying to go for an Earthbound vibe the writing is pretty flat and while there are a few good jokes here and there there's also a lot of tepid pop culture references like the villains being Starbucks and a painter character making Bob Ross references. Also the huge number of party members mostly just adds a lot of grinding; there are like four different fast travel systems each requiring you recruit and level up a corresponding party member, several different kind of locks that all require a specific person, and the combat is pretty unbalanced and never really takes advantage of how many different types of interactions are going on at any given time.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Sonic Generations is really good though, it's one of the very few games where I've replayed levels just to get a better time (because the levels are so fun to run through).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got the BTA, RE4 and Dead Rising for that price is too good to pass.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Samuringa posted:

I got the BTA, RE4 and Dead Rising for that price is too good to pass.

:same:

Except I already have RE4, but heck, I wanna check out Sonic Generations too!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If I didn't have the other games, Bionic Commando isn't really worth the dollar. No Hitler headsplosions and a dumb story.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

Tooth and tail looks good but there are valid concerns that the relatively tame WWI setting will indirectly sanitize most of the visceral trauma and violence that characterizes the world of children's classic Redwall.

well the game is about the various animal factions killing and eating each other because they think eating plants is for barbarians. and the pig people are enslaved and farmed for their flesh. but that's ok, it's just how the world works.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I'm not convinced if it doesn't hold up to redwall's standard of a ferret decapitated on every page

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Also incredibly long, detailed descriptions of feasts

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Also weird racist undertones.

But I guess it has that actually.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Anyone peep RUINER yet? Because holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPFqNB-_E4

:chanpop: :chanpop: :chanpop:

It's like a game made specifically for me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i really liked the redwall books when i was a kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Since it hasn't been linked yet this is still a classic frontpage article about Redwall

(also I definitely read the hell out of the Redwall series as a kid but yeah after a while the increasingly blatant racist undertones became a bit much)