Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jon Jones guilty?
This poll is closed.
Of course 89 55.28%
No way 6 3.73%
We'll wait and see 8 4.97%
Chael was right 58 36.02%
Total: 161 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Acinonyx posted:

What is her path to victory? I wouldn't give Rose any shot vs Claudia let alone the champ.

That doesn't mean it won't be fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

There will be loving blood

:black101:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

1st AD posted:

Pulling off a flying armbar against lesser competition doesn't make you a categorically good grappler.

That is true, and if it were the only grappling success she'd ever had I would not have mentioned it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i think it's really cool that pat barry got sober and has his poo poo together now so that he can be there for his child bride after she takes a life changing beating

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Rose sucks btw

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
She would easily beat you up

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Nierbo posted:

Rose sucks btw

I wouldn't say that but she's a step below fighters like jj and claudinha

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

Novum posted:

That doesn't mean it won't be fun to watch

I guess I prefer fights that are competitive or have some mystery rather than just watching a nice young person get her face boxed into paste. I assume they are making this match since Rose has name recognition, but she's so far from Joanna's level that this fight makes me cringe.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

She's probably had to have made some major strides to make it competitive considering she lost to Karolina Kookies (best) not too long back

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i liked watching anderson completely dismantle no hopers so i have no problem with it except for the possibility that pat barry goes on a rampage and hurts the other guests at comet ping pong

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Pat Barry roughly patting a broken Rose like a rabbit after the title fight is something that ends badly for everyone.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Trast posted:

Pat Barry roughly patting a broken Rose like a rabbit after the title fight is something that ends badly for everyone.

sounds like you would be more gentle with her if you were her husband instead of him :mrgw:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I didn't watch the TUF she was on. Has Rose been comprehensively out struck by anyone?

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i liked watching anderson completely dismantle no hopers so i have no problem with it except for the possibility that pat barry goes on a rampage and hurts the other guests at comet ping pong

lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
that's a cool fight. I'm really interested to see if Rose can keep up with JJs pace. i doubt it, but she's young and improving so maybe. but it may look like the Penne fight

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

What if Conor gets dysentery

conor invents a shrink ray so he can fight mite mouse DJ but builds the plans backwards and instead defeats brock lesnar at 300lbs in front of 10 million cheering fans on pay per view

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Joanna tends to let herself get out-footworked and backed into the cage and that's where Andrade and Gadelha got their most consistent offense off; Rose's footwork is decent and her best offense comes clinching against the fence, so her path to victory is playing the cutoff game, brawling into the clinch against the cage and trying to gently caress Joanna up with elbows and drag her to the ground.

But that path is like three inches wide and Rose's striking defense means there's very little reason to think Joanna won't just carve her the gently caress up when she tries to get in.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CarlCX posted:

her best offense comes clinching against the fence, so her path to victory is playing the cutoff game, brawling into the clinch against the cage and trying to gently caress Joanna up with elbows and drag her to the ground.

as i recall this is exactly how she lost to kk. she was winning on the outside at all times and for some reason insisted on fighting into close range and getting hosed up lol

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

CarlCX posted:

Joanna tends to let herself get out-footworked and backed into the cage and that's where Andrade and Gadelha got their most consistent offense off; Rose's footwork is decent and her best offense comes clinching against the fence, so her path to victory is playing the cutoff game, brawling into the clinch against the cage and trying to gently caress Joanna up with elbows and drag her to the ground.

But that path is like three inches wide and Rose's striking defense means there's very little reason to think Joanna won't just carve her the gently caress up when she tries to get in.

If Andrade and Gadelha couldn't control JJ I doubt Rose can

iirc Joanna actually reversed Andrade against the cage a few times later in the fight, just to make a point I imagine

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I believe in Rose.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I believe in Rose.

You shouldn't.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds like you would be more gentle with her if you were her husband instead of him :mrgw:

Not where I was going with that but still funny.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
thats exactly where you were going lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

Rose gonna die

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Getting a crack at the title and then suffering the death of a thousand jabs isn't the worst way to go.

I wonder if JJ gets first dibs on the new 125 champ.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Joanna needs to fight Valentina at 125 at some point I think. That would be awesome.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/907775462587297792

Shocked! Isn't everyone so shocked?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I expect a full apology Keven.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

as i recall this is exactly how she lost to kk. she was winning on the outside at all times and for some reason insisted on fighting into close range and getting hosed up lol

Yeah, Rose's angles were getting to KK so KK started going to the plum and Rose would just go with it because she's too aggressive for her own good.

chaleski posted:

If Andrade and Gadelha couldn't control JJ I doubt Rose can

iirc Joanna actually reversed Andrade against the cage a few times later in the fight, just to make a point I imagine

Also completely accurate. To be clear, Joanna's going to gently caress Rose up super bad, that's just the only path to victory I think Rose has; Joanna isn't as susceptible to weird angles as KK from the outside and she's at her best in the pocket.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Amazing how incompetent the USADA is. They can't even do a test without failing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Digital Jedi posted:

Shocked! Isn't everyone so shocked?

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao Jon jones

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo:

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Does this finally put the dick pills excuse to rest? It's annoying when every positive test has a slight "well, TECHNICALLY it could supplements" excuse lingering over it that fighters and their camps always use

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Not guily dot flv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chaleski posted:

Does this finally put the dick pills excuse to rest? It's annoying when every positive test has a slight "well, TECHNICALLY it could supplements" excuse lingering over it that fighters and their camps always use

They'll cry tainted supplements or sabotage before they admit to anything, but I'm assuming that even Malki Kawa wouldn't have the loving stones to claim that gas station dick pills have Soviet-era East German swim team steroids in them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

They'll cry tainted supplements or sabotage before they admit to anything, but I'm assuming that even Malki Kawa wouldn't have the loving stones to claim that gas station dick pills have Soviet-era East German swim team steroids in them.

:munch:

We can only hope.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Lol. A fantastic capstone to a remarkable career that will be talked about forever.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

What's amazing is that Jones is so much of a fuckup that he's ruined not just his own legacy, but DC's as well. Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Take jon jones talk to the B league thread

• Locked thread