Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Sword Fight updated with more rivals, 100% fewer softcaps and some nice QoL improvements (technique is useful now and a later star reward makes it even better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

I've been playing Trimps for a while, and I'm just about to break the zone 180 barrier for the first time. I have about 50m helium.

What's my best course of action?
1) Keep running Nom for helium/hr (I get about 600-650k) until I can do #2 or #3 more easily
2) Push into Corruption for Masteries
3) Do a max-tox run and then spending my accrued 300ish bones. I have all the exotic imp-orts.
4) Do the Watch challenge that unlocks at 180?

Max tox, as my understanding goes, involves running the Toxicity challenge, but from every zone from 60 to challenge completion, letting Toxicity stack up to 1500 before finishing to get roughly double the helium, then tripling that when the challenge ends. This seems like it would take a few days -- I haven't done the math, but it would boost the portal value up to something around 6 million helium, and I'd be able to do it 3 (maybe 4) times for a pretty big boost.

you should be close to where toxicity is better he/hr than nom. certainly you're safe to do a full tox stacks run, although i wouldn't really recommend doing full stacks from zone sixty. you should have scientist 5 by now, and the scaling helium boost per zone means that early zones, even after broken planet, don't really matter that much. for my full tox run, i started into it in earnest around zone 100, and it was still a very large boost overall.

Watch doesn't have any benefits apart from helium, so if you can't handle the later zones quickly it won't be worth it. i ran tox for a fairly long amount of time and only switched to watch once i could clear it without any big farming interruptions.

the early masteries are almost completely irrelevant; you won't see any truly beneficial quality of life upgrades until the second tier, and that won't be accessible until you can reach zone 190-200 comfortably. if you want the novelty of getting one of the tier one masteries early, i would recommend doing the full tox run and burning all your bones first so you can enter corruption with all that extra helium and coordinated points.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

I've been playing Trimps for a while, and I'm just about to break the zone 180 barrier for the first time. I have about 50m helium.

What's my best course of action?
1) Keep running Nom for helium/hr (I get about 600-650k) until I can do #2 or #3 more easily
2) Push into Corruption for Masteries
3) Do a max-tox run and then spending my accrued 300ish bones. I have all the exotic imp-orts.
4) Do the Watch challenge that unlocks at 180?

Max tox, as my understanding goes, involves running the Toxicity challenge, but from every zone from 60 to challenge completion, letting Toxicity stack up to 1500 before finishing to get roughly double the helium, then tripling that when the challenge ends. This seems like it would take a few days -- I haven't done the math, but it would boost the portal value up to something around 6 million helium, and I'd be able to do it 3 (maybe 4) times for a pretty big boost.
Farming for masteries always comes at the expense of He/hr and the early ones don't really do much but if you feel like breaking up the tedium of farming helium, go for it.

Do 3 whenever you think it's possible for you, it's a nice boost.

IIRC Toxicity is so good once you can farm it that there's almost 0 window where you want to run Watch or Lead instead of Toxicity or Corrupted. This may be less true if you're not using AutoTrimps since Watch is specifically designed to partially automate itself.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 14, 2017

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Sindai posted:

Farming for masteries always comes at the expense of He/hr and the early ones don't really do much but if you feel like breaking up the tedium of farming helium, go for it.

Do 3 whenever you think it's possible for you, it's a nice boost.

IIRC Toxicity is so good once you can farm it that there's almost 0 window where you want to run Watch or Lead instead of Toxicity or Corrupted. This may be less true if you're not using AutoTrimps since Watch is specifically designed to partially automate itself.

I just started using AutoTrimps a few days ago because I reached the point where I felt like I was making no progress on my own. Actually, on the subject, I see there are a number of presets for perk allocation, but no explanation of what the presets are, when they're appropriate, or what their goal is. Any advice on that front?

Thanks for the advice, I just started a Toxicity run to see what the he/hr looks like. If it looks pretty good and completes reasonably fast, I'll do a max-tox from 100.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 14, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
Still slowly plugging away at "Idling to Rule." It does hit a weirdly good spot for me in terms of progression and activity level needed. I'm working on my first UBC to unlock Crystals and I'm up to around Zeus right now.

Is it just me or does it seem like a terrible idea to spend 10 Ad Points per Lucky Draw? I can't use Lucky Draws during this particular challenge anyway, but even in general - they CAN drop God Power (approx 25% chance for 1, 8% for 2, 2% for 5, 1% for 10, then the vanishingly tiny 0.4% for 25, 0.2% for 50, 0.2% for 100) but it seems like every time I draw one I get something not actually that useful to me - i.e. Mighty Food when my pets are already fed and I'm about to rebirth or 1 hour of divinity at some moment when I'm not running the Divinity Generator or fighting as many enemies as I possibly can to get up my divinity rate to make that worthwhile.

During this UBC, at least, I've been stockpiling Ad Points and now I'm using them to buy Divinity directly to support constructing monuments. which has been speeding up my rebirths.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

I just started using AutoTrimps a few days ago because I reached the point where I felt like I was making no progress on my own. Actually, on the subject, I see there are a number of presets for perk allocation, but no explanation of what the presets are, when they're appropriate, or what their goal is. Any advice on that front?
you can save specific perk arrangements with them. it's not really useful since there's only ever one optimal perk layout in most cases, but you might try it when you do a bunch of challenge squared runs that make specific perks useless.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

I finally bought my last Mastery in Trimps earlier today. I started my save a little over 2 years ago apparently. No autotrimps ever. Now That's What I Call Idling! :madmax:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

There's a new Trimps update coming soon too, with a repeating Spire system.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Not sure where to go next in ItRtG. Did my double-rebirth and ultimate baal challenges, have ~180k clones, maxed out my TBS and autopurchase bonuses, lvl3 planet, sitting at 4x multi-create, still have six skills left to one-clone. So much stuff going on in this game, it's weird.

Ignoranus posted:

Still slowly plugging away at "Idling to Rule." It does hit a weirdly good spot for me in terms of progression and activity level needed. I'm working on my first UBC to unlock Crystals and I'm up to around Zeus right now.

Is it just me or does it seem like a terrible idea to spend 10 Ad Points per Lucky Draw? I can't use Lucky Draws during this particular challenge anyway, but even in general - they CAN drop God Power (approx 25% chance for 1, 8% for 2, 2% for 5, 1% for 10, then the vanishingly tiny 0.4% for 25, 0.2% for 50, 0.2% for 100) but it seems like every time I draw one I get something not actually that useful to me - i.e. Mighty Food when my pets are already fed and I'm about to rebirth or 1 hour of divinity at some moment when I'm not running the Divinity Generator or fighting as many enemies as I possibly can to get up my divinity rate to make that worthwhile.

During this UBC, at least, I've been stockpiling Ad Points and now I'm using them to buy Divinity directly to support constructing monuments. which has been speeding up my rebirths.

It's best to use your lucky draws when you're not rebirthing soon and have your divgen running. That way you can make use of all of the things you mentioned, plus the "stat X boosted until rebirth" one as well.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Goon Danton posted:

Not sure where to go next in ItRtG. Did my double-rebirth and ultimate baal challenges, have ~180k clones, maxed out my TBS and autopurchase bonuses, lvl3 planet, sitting at 4x multi-create, still have six skills left to one-clone. So much stuff going on in this game, it's weird.

It's best to use your lucky draws when you're not rebirthing soon and have your divgen running. That way you can make use of all of the things you mentioned, plus the "stat X boosted until rebirth" one as well.

Did you do all 50 DRCs and UBCs? DRC keeps adding to your might levels to a cap of 50 and UBC keeps decreasing P.Baal power by 1% up to a 50% cap. I've actually got like a dozen skills left to one-cap but I've got level 2 planet, 7x autocreate and 200k clones.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This arty thing is really slow.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Ignoranus posted:

Did you do all 50 DRCs and UBCs? DRC keeps adding to your might levels to a cap of 50 and UBC keeps decreasing P.Baal power by 1% up to a 50% cap. I've actually got like a dozen skills left to one-cap but I've got level 2 planet, 7x autocreate and 200k clones.

The stuff I've read said to wait on doing multiple UBCs until after you're fully one-capped on all skills, since that's the main bottleneck for them. I might start cranking out my DRCs though, yeah

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I've just been alternating GP farming, pushing to higher P Baals, and DRCs. I think once we're at this point nothing really changes until you have 500k+ clones and can do universe challenges, which is somewhat unfortunate.

Tip for DRCs: creation speed really helps the early rebirths, since it lets you hit max clone production with much lower multipliers.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 15, 2017

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I asked the same question on the Kong forums and got clone-shamed by the creator of the game himself. Looks like my next step is to get a couple hundred thousand more...

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I built up to 1.4M clones while cranking out UUC x 50. Now I'm doing the AAC x 50 which is kinda capped at about 3 days initially and will decrease as I complete them.

When I started UUCs I had less than 200k clones, it's not too bad so long as you nurse it along actively. Once I had close to a million I was getting through 2 to 3 UUC a day but it took a fair bit of attention.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Huh, if you get a level 5 planet with that few clones, doesn't it become impossible to defend against UB attacks? I like being able to farm crystal power whenever I'm not speed running.

How high do you need to build the divinity generator in order to get a universe in a reasonable amount of time?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I now regret not pushing for Tier 6 spells during the Faceless/Dragon megarun for the challenge. R68 and while I have the gems to Reincarnate I already can foresee progress slowing down immensely if I don't park my rear end for..10 days that's not too bad. Doing it offline this time though; I've got nothing else I need to push for.

nerox
May 20, 2001
After seeing the idleing to rule the gods post and everything looking like moon gibberish like Realm Grinder did so long ago, I had to try it out.

What exactly makes you able to create shadow clones faster? I left it running last night and I can get up to 4k clones now but it takes me like an hour to get that amount of clones after a rebirth.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Creation speed does that.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

nerox posted:

After seeing the idleing to rule the gods post and everything looking like moon gibberish like Realm Grinder did so long ago, I had to try it out.

What exactly makes you able to create shadow clones faster? I left it running last night and I can get up to 4k clones now but it takes me like an hour to get that amount of clones after a rebirth.

Creation speed, which can be improved with God Power. Also, if you close the game you build up up to 3 hours of 3x speed for when you open the game again. Since clones are so important, using 10 god power at a time to buy the efficient creation speed upgrades is one of the first things you should spend GP on.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Sindai posted:

Huh, if you get a level 5 planet with that few clones, doesn't it become impossible to defend against UB attacks? I like being able to farm crystal power whenever I'm not speed running.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm running into. Apparently you need about 250k defenders to fight off a lvl 2 UB every time, 400k for lvl 3, and so on.

Sindai posted:

How high do you need to build the divinity generator in order to get a universe in a reasonable amount of time?

I think the best bet is to beat more p. Baals to increase the base power of it, but I have no idea how many.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Just to make sure, in training, I am using next on: 10000 right now to get the achievement multipliers. I can cap the first 2 skills with a terribly small number of clones. Is there a way to keep clones on the first two skills and use the "next on" toggle to keep new skills going to 10000?

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

nerox posted:

Just to make sure, in training, I am using next on: 10000 right now to get the achievement multipliers. I can cap the first 2 skills with a terribly small number of clones. Is there a way to keep clones on the first two skills and use the "next on" toggle to keep new skills going to 10000?

other - settings - ignore clone count lets you specify a number of clones to leave on skills.

So if you only need 1 clone to do the first training and you set it to 1, it will leave 1 clone behind when it puts them into the next training.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Goon Danton posted:

I think the best bet is to beat more p. Baals to increase the base power of it, but I have no idea how many.

Defeating gods doesn't increase the actual power of the Divinity Generator, only the amount of stuff you can pre-load into it for processing - i.e. right now my generator can hold up to 130 trillion divinity worth of whatever for processing while I'm offline.

The best way to upgrade the divinity generator is to increase your clone count and build speed % boost. During the current UBC I only have like 30k clones and I only just built the divinity generator for the first time, but in my regular game (with purchases) it's like ~20 minutes total to the generator and five minutes each for the first tier of upgrades. Don't bother upgrading "capacity", do upgrade "conversion rate" and "divinity gain" - one increases the amount of raw divinity that goes in, the other impacts the multiplier that the generator applies (starts at x2 and goes up by 1 each level). Wiki says keep them at the same level but upgrade conversion rate first.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Ignoranus posted:

Defeating gods doesn't increase the actual power of the Divinity Generator, only the amount of stuff you can pre-load into it for processing - i.e. right now my generator can hold up to 130 trillion divinity worth of whatever for processing while I'm offline.

nonsense. Highest god you have ever killed determines conversion speed AND capacity, scaling at the same rate.

Exercu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 15, 2017

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Exercu posted:

nonsense. Highest god you have ever killed determines conversion speed AND capacity, scaling at the same rate.

Wait, seriously? poo poo. I honestly didn't know. I guess I really will be pushing as hard into P. Baal territory as I can once I'm done with this UBC instead of dropping straight back into speed running.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Ignoranus posted:

Wait, seriously? poo poo. I honestly didn't know. I guess I really will be pushing as hard into P. Baal territory as I can once I'm done with this UBC instead of dropping straight back into speed running.

Yeah, baseline, it can contain 10 trillion divinity and converts 1 billion divinity per sec. In your case, since it can contain 130 trillion divinity, it converts 13 billion divinity per sec.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah, that's the problem I'm running into. Apparently you need about 250k defenders to fight off a lvl 2 UB every time, 400k for lvl 3, and so on.

Until I built up enough to defend the factory I simply didn't bother with it. UUCs go fast enough that I soon had enough clones to manage plus the powersurge bonus from extra levels helped once I got there. Use baal points, powersurge and you can use less clones. Flip on might before you fight a bad one and you recover quicker if it kills you.

FYI I had beaten P Baal 20 before I started on UUCs and I set my div gen to 10/30/30.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In ItRtG, how can I set up my Train page for Physical/Skills such that when I Rebirth, clones will automatically get put into new Trainings when they unlock? Unlocking the Trainings takes so long and I get distracted doing other things and come back to find a new Training unlocked minutes ago and I missed it. Is there someway to use the Next At setting to do this?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You have to turn on Next At and put it at a high enough number that the next training unlocks before you reach it and it removes all your clones. The final training unlocks at 13500, so put it on that if you're going afk for a long time.

This is inefficient because you could have moved on sooner, which can be fixed by buying Improved Next At with GP. Then you can just set it to 500 and it'll go as quickly as possible.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Sindai posted:

You have to turn on Next At and put it at a high enough number that the next training unlocks before you reach it and it removes all your clones. The final training unlocks at 13500, so put it on that if you're going afk for a long time.

This is inefficient because you could have moved on sooner, which can be fixed by buying Improved Next At with GP. Then you can just set it to 500 and it'll go as quickly as possible.

This is what I did until I gave in and bought the improved next at for 99 GP. It's annoynigly expensive but in the long run it'll pay for itself. If you use the above solution for a while, remember to go to

Other -> Settings

and switch "Ignore Clonecount" on then set it to 1.

This will leave 1 clone behind when the rest move on.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Realm Grinder - With the Titan faction, am I better off only building a farm, deep mine, and iron stronghold to increase the chances of striking the powered up deep mine? Or does the lightning target not matter down the road?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

There are more building types that are affected by the Titan's faction thingies and the Lightning Strike bonus, IIRC there are only like 4 or 5 that don't. You can certainly go that direction but you're still at the mercy of RNG; go Druid for less bursty but more consistent gains.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think this thread has seen bitburner already, but for those who might've missed it, it's a hacking game where almost all the automation comes from writing scripts. You can buy nodes to generate a little income just clicking on them, but almost everything else you'll need to automate yourself. There seems to be a couple different prestige mechanics going on, at least. I've only been playing it for a week or two, but it's kept my interest so far.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray, Dragon Challenge 3 is done. Just a few more days to unlock all the Tier Six spells available and then I have to work out what's next. Beard Carpet maybe

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Trimps test server is happening, it's a big update

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm on R39 in Realm Grinder and I'm hitting a wall. I need e144 gems to ~*ascend*~ but there's only three research builds I can use (Fairy, Elf or Angel) and all three give me horrible ROI. I feel like I'm missing something, but I have all possible challenges, trophies, artefacts, researches and upgrades that I know of. The only thing I'm not sure of is how to setup the spells.

The RG Discord chat said to put everything on gold 'to get the most combo time' but that results in all spells going off separately most of the time (mana regen is only 384 m/s) instead of them stacking. Does anyone have any tips?

This is what I have now, at e134 gems:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

I always put all the combo spells on silver with max mana, and then tax collection on gold. Using TCs with all your spells up is always the most efficient use of mana, iirc.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Goon Danton posted:

I always put all the combo spells on silver with max mana, and then tax collection on gold. Using TCs with all your spells up is always the most efficient use of mana, iirc.

yeah, all on gold is better once you have the regen to cover everything easily. At first silver + gold TC is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah this whole stretch from like 34 through 39 blows lol. I'm on 37 right now and not looking forward to the next two, especially because the researches I need right now are just poo poo like "cast diamond pickaxe a thousand times"